logo

Park Resorts
Stay far away from Park Resorts
2. (38 mins ago)
VVM Attorneys
I paid off the account, but are still pestered
3. (59 mins ago)
BAYPORT CELLULAR
phone not working
4. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
DPL FLORA FARMS NOIDA
ELEVATIONS AND CREATIONS is a group of street smart fraud boys
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
GHD MIDNIGHT DELUXE SET
EPAY95 COMPLAINT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Signet Financial Group, Vacaville, California Complaints & Reviews - Auto Warranty

Signet Financial Group Contacts & Informations

Signet Financial Group

Posted:    kedlund

Auto Warranty

Signet Financial Group
PO Box 6839
Vacaville, California
signet-financial.com
I purchased a 72 month extended car warranty from Signet Financial Group on 11/26/04. The warranty was refundable if there were no claims on the warranty. There were no claims so in July of 2009 I requested a warranty refund in writing via regular mail. I did not recieve any information, so in September of 2009 I sumbitted another request and sent via certified mail. I recieve a letter back saying I was not a customer.

After several phone calls, message left and no response I finally did get ahold of someone live. We found out they had my information incorrectly in their system. I was then told my request had to be sent 30 days from the end of my term and I did not do that.

The term on my contract clearly states 72 months purchased on 11/26/04. My notice in July and September are well within that 30 day notice. Apparently Signet claims my term actually started on 6/13/03, a year and a half prior to me even purchasing the vehicle. How is that possible? How can someone purchase a 72 month extended warranty on a vehicle a year and a half prior to them even owning the vehicle?

That said, my July notice would still be sufficiant notice. Signet asked for a copy of the letter which I sent. They then said it wasn't good enough and I would need to provide a copy of the postmarked envelope or a certified reciept. The letter was sent to them, they have the postmarked envelope, I can't provide that to them, it's already in their possesion. Secondly, the July request was sent via regular mail, there is no certified reciept. I is not required to send requests certified per their own contract but yet they ask for it as proof.

This company is intentially deceptive on their contracts to avoid refunding warranties. A live person never answers, you only get voice mail and they rarely, if ever, call you back.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2010 by   Ty Tyson +2 Votes
I am confused. I understand after 72 months (6 years) you have a 30-day window. If you purchased on 11/26/04, wouldn't the 30-day window start on 11/26/10? Having just purchased the plan myself, it appears there are a few ways that Signet wouldn't have to pay. These include but aren't limited to: 1) if you use the extended warranty, 2) if you no longer own the car, 3) if you fail to keep and provide copies of documentation, 4) if the car isn't continuously registered, 5) if the car is totaled, or 6) if you miss the 30-day window after the 72 months.

Again, not trying to pick a fight. Just wondering why the date confusion? I am interested because I just bought one and if I'm never going to see my money, I'd like to cancelwhile I still can.
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   DocR. +2 Votes
I also bought an extended warranty from Signet, did not use it, filed for refund as required, and I am getting the runaround about my refund. I did speak to a live person (I filed for my return in Nov. 09 it ran out in Oct. 09) in December, they said I should see it in Jan. I called last week Jan 21 and spoke with another live person who said we received all your paperwork and it is on the "Review" desk right now. Then it will be sent to "insurance for approval"? They had no idea how long that might take, so beware something smells funny here.
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   kedlund +2 Votes
Ty Tyson-

Yes you would think if I purchased a 72 month warranty on 11/26/04 that I would have until 11/26/10 to request a refund, however that isn't the case. Signet claims that the 72 month warranty actually started at the "inception date", the date the vehicle was first put into service, a year and a half before I even owned it. I appears that I never really did buy a 72 month warranty or I some how managed to buy the warranty a year and a half before I even owned the vehicle???? However, I did send a request to Signet for a refund in July which they 'never recieved" now they claim they don't owe me a refund. Doc R. is 100% correct in saying that Signet gives you the runaround and drags things out for months, that is actually an understatement. Best I can tell, Signets entire business model is to use intentially deceptive contracts and make customer jump through several firey hoops to get the refund and if all else fails, delay, delay, delay. In addition, their customer service is terrible. It is almost impossible to get anyone in the organization to return a phone call. In fact, I finally was able to speak with the president of Signet to complain about the poor customer service I recieved as well as my warranty refund situation and he has yet to call me back after he said he would research the situaiton and call me back. This was a month ago and I have left him a message as well as sent an email.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   brutus1 +3 Votes
I purchased a 5 year extended vehicle warranty from a Toyota dealership 5 years ago in St. Charles, Illinois. This was through a 3rd party provider, Signet Financial Group, in Vacaville, Ca. I notified them with-in the proper timeframe that I was requesting a refund as I did not use the policy and was told a refund would be due if I did not use it. The amount due is $1070. After resending my information twice through registered mail, my policy "matured" in November of 2009. Today is March 12 of 2010, and I have yet to receive my refund. I've left messages and send numerous emails, and the last communication I got from them is "Your appication has been recieved with all the required documentation. We are waiting for approval from our insurance provider."
It's been 6 months of work to pry MY money from their pockets. This is a scam at best, tell EVERYONE you know that this company is trying to make you slip so they can forfiet your money. No one answers the phone, and you can leave messages till your blue in the face, they don't call you back. I bet 80% of people that purchase this forget about it until it's too late. and the remaining 20% that work to get their money back get the run-around. I will give the Toyota dealership a call and dump on them as it's totally a scam.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   Jules1641 +3 Votes
brutus1- Thanks for the heads up, we too purchased from St chales toyota with the same policey for the warrenty- We still have 12 days left to start the process, going to post office tomorrow am to send letter Certifiied mail. Hopefully we can get everything in order before it " too late". I would be interested to know when your refund comes! thanks!
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   paradigmnnf +2 Votes
It is high time this scam should be brought to Us Attorney (or CA Attorney's) office.
This society is becoming full of financial scams-- so Bernard Madoff was not an isolated case. There continue to be many White-collar crimes and people are just not vigilant enough to take action.
Let's all take our cases to the US Attorney-- they are accessible via online too.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   paradigmnnf +2 Votes
I would further like to add that BBB has given the SIGNET A+ rating.
So a basic question is what is the credibility of this organization BBB?
Who is going to rate BBB?

See http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/auto-warranty-processing-service/signet-capital-corporation-in-vacaville-ca-36946
 6th of May, 2010 by   Nakcc +2 Votes
I guess we're all in the same boat! I submitted my application for refund in January of this year and every time my husband calls they have one reason or another. We have been approved for the refund and should receive it in 90 days which would have been April. He just so happened to call today and they told him the check will be issued on June 28!
I am NOT giving up on this but agree that it is just a bunch of BS they pull to hold on to your money.
I am also going to file a complaint with Toyota for sure!!!
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   edward wilson +2 Votes
Has the president of SFG, been made aware of these delay in payments ?

suggest you personally contact him, normally that gets results
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   kedlund +2 Votes
I have been working with the president of SFG for the last several months now. It hasn't been any more successful that working with the staff members. Case in point, I sent him an email 3 weeks ago and have made three calls directly to him since then and I am still waiting for a response. This is not the first time I have had to send multiple emails and make several phone calls before I finally get a response from the SFG president. He has also inacurrately reviewed my case information by looking at documentation from my bank by the date they sent me the information rather than the date within the actual body of the letter from the bank. Basically, he didn't even bother to read the letter! He just looked at the date they sent it to me and didn't even read what they wrote. After dealing with SFG for almost a year, it seems pretty apparent that their business model is to delay payment or make the customer jump through so many firery hoops that they don't have to give the refund. They are hoping that most people will just give up and then they can keep your money. FYI, the presidents name is Gregg Lehman and the contact information is glehman@signet-financial.com, 877-474-4638 ext. 102. By the way, in my last message from him, he was upset that I reached out to warn other customers via sites like this one and "RIP OFF REPORT". It seems as if he feels I should not have done this but this company is intentionaly deceptive to customers and everyone needs to know!
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   CH Aloha +2 Votes
We're in the same boat as all of you here. These scam artists are slick.

Have filed papers by certified mail with no feedback or actions taken. All phone calls to Scamnet Financial go straight to an answering machine that probably immediately purges the messages.

The dealers that sell this trash ought to be taken into accountability as well!

Let's see how this goes...
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   kedlund +2 Votes
It took almost a year (short by about two weeks) but I finally received my refund. I had to really keep at it and call and send emails every week. I also submitted complaints to the BBB and the AG's office. If you are due a refund from SFG, do not give up. Keep after them to get your money.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   lmack +2 Votes
We are going through the same hoops. I will never never never purchase an extended warranty again because of this. I think I am acually going to send this information to some of the local news stations and see if they will help as well. I have done everything required (including taking a photo of the back of my vehicle). They know very well they owe you the money, but make it extremely difficult to get it back. They give us 30 days to apply, but they can take as long as they want or never give you the refund. I am glad to see at least one person finally received their refund!
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   Robertsgal +1 Votes
This company has quite the racket going on!!! We purchased a Subaru and opted for the extended warranty. We sent our claim in with Signet for a refund since we didn't use the warranty. We thought we had all the information they needed so we waited the 6 weeks they say it takes to get a check out before calling to see what was going on. This is where they tell us that we didn't get a letter from Subaru on their letter head in the time they alloted and denied our claim. We did send them what the dealership gave us but because it wasn't on their letterhead they wouldn't accept it. We are now fighting them through the BBB which has them rated as a A+ company????

Has anyone fought this company and won?????
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   kedlund +1 Votes
It took me almost a year and I needed to call and email every week before I got my money back. Even when I did get my money back they tried to say they were doing me a favor by giving me my money back because, according to their records, I didn't meet the requirements for the refund. Keep fighting, keep calling.
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by   Cinrobot +1 Votes
This company needs to be stopped from making these profits with their games. I have contacted my dealer to let them know I blame them as well for selling me such a warranty with promises so good you'd be a fool not to take it. I paid my money paid interest on that money and now after jumping through all the hoops they tell me they haven't made a decision yet and we now have to wait another month!!! Now the contract they put together says we only have to wait 60 days and we've been waiting since April 2010. I will stay on this and take everyone down with me if needed. The dealer needs to jump in become involved also, and yes lets contact Jayco also let them know what the dealer is passing on with their well built product knowing we'd never need it. I tried to file on bbb but of course their site was down.
 11th of Aug, 2010 by   Weimin 0 Votes
A Honda dealer sophisticated me to buy a 60 month extended warranty from Signet Financial Group. I did 5 year ago. Now, it is very difficult to get the refund. Signet gives me only 30 days window, their instructions are not clear to follow. I prepared all documents and sent to them. Base on their instruction is "Copy OF DEALER SALES CONTRACT OR RECEIPT", I'd sent sales contract. After 4 months, they say, I'm missing receipt, my refund will be rejected.
I'll certainly log a record in Federal Trade Commission to complaint SFG.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   Oregon Coast 0 Votes
What I wouldn't give for hindsight on this issue. I am in the beginning stages, sent my first certified letter the day after the contract was completed. I am getting ready to send the second one at the 10 day mark. I am already going to file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General's Office as I do not want this to get away from me. I will send this information to the organization where I purchased the contract as well. The old adage "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." fits this scenario to a "T". Good luck to everyone. I will keep you posted. CC in Oregon
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   Robertsgal 0 Votes
Keep up on it. We went through the BBB and Signet stopped responding so they just closed the case. I don't believe the BBB is worth anything other then putting another bad mark on this company. You also need to go through the Attorney General. Good Luck!
 4th of Sep, 2010 by   not happy in Nevada 0 Votes
Is there anyone interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit against Signet Financial? It appears that they are engaging in fraudulant practices, and that there are an abundance of complaints against them. I am trying to obtain my refund after contacting Signet. I missed the 30-day contract window by 18 days, with a number of extenuating circumstances. My Toyata dealer advised me to write to Signet explaining my situation. I was denied a refund. I cannot reach the refund manager, by phone. I am now prepared to contact the president of my Toyota dealership and inquire as to why they are promoting the sale of extended contracts by a disreputable company. After my bad experience dealing with Signet, I did a quick Google search on "Signet Financial" and the fourth hit was this site with the complaintsboard. Also BBB came up, indicating a pattern of complaints.
Here's my question: Why is Toyata still promoting this product when thre is a pattern of complaints against them, all having to do with not providing refunds? How much of a commission is Toyota receiving? I would like my dealer to stand behind this contract, do the right thing, and refund my money.
I, too, will be contacting the FTC and the California State Attorney General. I am also contacting media to suggest a story on Signet, and any dealership which might be knowingly promoting the sale of extended warranties through Signet.

5 Consumer Tips for Tech Savings