logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
buyforexonline.com
They didn’t provide my card
2. (3 mins ago)
Loan Detector
Unscrupulous methods
3. (6 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
4. (47 mins ago)

Shoppers Drug Mart Contacts & Informations

Shoppers Drug Mart

Posted:    B G

Unable to return items

I purchased some razor blades at your 1531 Bayview Ave store in Toronto and wanted to return them as they were $ 3 more than Pharma Plus (most of their items are overpriced but it was convenient). I tried to return them but because another person had used their optimum card for the purchase and they werent with me, I was told I couldn't return it without this card. This was a $ 13 item and I find it ridiculous that their system cant reconcile optimum card points electronically without the physical card there. This occurred Sat June 30 at 9:30 am and the manager was involved. I will not be shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart again.
Comments Cambodia Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2008 by   JAMES POOLE +1 Votes
I THINK IT IS DISGUSTING THAT YOU DO NOT WAIVE THE $2.00 ON PRESCRIPTION FOR PEOPLE ON DISABILIES AND SENIOR S ALL OTHER PHARMACYS IN THUNDER BAY DO WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT. IF YOUR ON DISABILIES PENSION AND HAVE THREE KIDS YOU CAN'T AFFORD PAYING $2.00 AND IF YOU ON SENIOR PENSION MOST CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY THAT NEITHER. JAMES POOLE
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Patty Hillcroft 0 Votes
I was in Shoppers Drug Mart, Country Club, Nanaimo, BC. I'm a regular customer there and normaly quite satified with the service i get there but I was in the store last week and was rung in by a woman, SO rude that I have to have to write you letter. She was at the back cash going into the mall part. Her name tag said Trudy, I was doing some shopping and as i coming up to the till i said to her "Are you open" she stops looks at me and points up to something overhead and says " uhh, do you see the light on??" I stood there little confused not understanding what the responce meant. Then she rang me in the whole time, speaking to me VERY short and abrasive. I've never had ANY employee at this location speak to me in such a way or make me feel so stupid or angry. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my poor experience. I just wanted to write to tell you IF i ever go back to that store, i will never have her serve me!!
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   Maganbhai L. Patel 0 Votes
Your sale is limited to four items only, for example 4 items of 1L orange juce are very low for a complex family. It does not last even couple of days. Most of the family like to stock up the sale items which could last for atleast two weeks. Why don't you allow atleast 12 items of 1L orange juce.

There are lots of people like me in the community who are not interested look at sales flyer because of limited supply of goods. Thanks.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   Just another soon to be ex-customer 0 Votes
I've noticed Shoppers at Country Club Front store has gone badly down hill last month. They have garbage all over walkways, hard to go threw most areas if your disabled, only nice place was post office and cosmetics. Things are sold out lots for food items, just not same like couple months ago, seems they dont care anymore, very disapointed there, now forced to go to London Drugs. I heard the brown hair manager lady, talk to an employee there, made ME uncomfortable. She was very rude to him, you'd think she'd take him to the back or something, there used to be a gentlman there, was very nice and helpful

Jenny
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   scottus 0 Votes
store 608 is the store i hate the most. every time walk in there the employees look at me as if their going to kill me with their eyes. I always get bad Costumer service no matter what. i feel that u should do something about it, talk to fil

I will never shop at any shopper in the world, cause of the experience i had
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   scottus -1 Votes
you suck balls
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   immad! 0 Votes
Okay, I agree some cashiers can be so rude to the customers, and ive seen it. I work at shoppers. And reading these comments (Because i was curious to see what people where sayng) even i see that its stupid for the things you have been through. i understand comepletly. being a customer you should feel comfortable and feel like ur time there is cherished and to be respected like a person. Well, beleive me, everyone seems to be rude too. Sometimes, i get people who are comepletly questionable. For instance, . If you never have worked in retail you should learn what its like. Having no benefits, working at stupid wages that arnt worth it sometimes. We cant even defend ourselves as people and we get unappreciated too. The way i work is if you come up to me and wanna get rung through fine, its my job. If your rude to me, im gonna say something subtle but enough to show you im defending myself. You have no ides what its like to be behind the counter sometiimes and having guys. Ive been treated like shit at other stores, and ive been treated like shit as a cashier. So i know both sides. I get yelled at for things that i cant control. If i disobey a polocy, the next day in the deposit my manager will see it and ill get shit. Meanwhile, when im explaining to someone its "store policy" to follow this rule, and i have someone yelling at me questioning and ridiculing me as a person instead of the situation, then you should see how i feel. For example i got a customer complain to my supervisor for a full hour that another supervior of equal authority told me to go on my break whereas i was stand in teh same spot for 4 and a half hours serving a line. I deserved a break. Everyone is entitled to a break and this guy makes a huge deal saying how im just a stupid cashier and that people like me dont deserve it because of what i do. All i deserve is to stand at cash for 8 straight hours and not get a chance to eat. And when you have to work til 12 not eating will eventually make you sick. So ive been through a lot. And next time you get a good cashier who tries to help you the best way they can, thank them. Next time you get a downright rude one, ask to speak to their supervisor. Because everyone should be treated well regardless what the cause to their mood that day. Even a cashier who is trying their best. Were human too.
 9th of Aug, 2009 by   bradie20706 0 Votes
in response to the original post - there IS a way to look up the card in the system, provided you are at the same branch. i dont understand why they didnt just do it for you, it only takes a second :S

in response to Maganbhai L. Patel's post - that is so other customers can get a change to buy some of it too, because things sell out very quickly otherwise. its not meant to be an inconvenience. remember it when you show up at a sale and get the last few items on the shelf... its thanks to the limit!!

in response to immad! - i agree completely!!! i work at shoppers too, in the photolab. and you get some real annoying people in there, especially for passport photos... people refusing to remove jewelry despite my advice and then coming back, outraged, a week later when their photo got rejected. i also feel like i get personally blamed for anything that goes wrong with a customer, like if we dont have something in stock. it is not my job to order the merchandise, i just ring it through occasionally. i am 100% for shoppers unionizing... its time we got some benefits for all we do. :P
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Renfrewite +1 Votes
The same thing happened to me as the original post. I bought some foot medication a couple of days ago that was expired. I went today to the same shoppers drug mart store I bought it from to return it. First of all the clerk did not apologize for the out dated medication on thier shelves, and went on to ask me for my optimum card. I had taken the card out of my wallet the day before to enter the online contest and forgot to put it back in. I said to the clerk I don't have it on me, but my number is right there, she could do it manually. She told me she needs the card to do a refund. She then asked me if I wanted to speak to the manager, I said "yup". The manager comes out, no apology from him either for the expired medication, and states without the card they can't get the points back, so can't do the refund. I said, "you mean to tell me I have to take more time out of my day, and spend more on gas, to come back here again, for your dumb ass mistake?" I then tossed a dime at him and told him "here is the money for the dumb points, now give me a refund". He still would not do it, I said "cancel my optimum card, take all the points, they are useless anyway", he still would not comply. I stormed out of the store, stating I would be contacting the head office about this shoddy service. I am also going to report them to the health board for having expired medication on the shelves, and complain on every board I can find. I will never shop at shoppers drug mart again!!!
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   Nasir Hameed 0 Votes
My Mother (who is senior) and I went to the above store on senior day August 26, 2010 @ 7:35 pm. My mother had to shop and she was waiting for her day i.e. senior day so she can save some bucks. We have about 15 items to purchase including 3 bags of milk. The cashier name Liz (also came to know she is supervisor) attended us without any greet and first we thought she probably missed it by chance. She were scanning items and very rudely she commented saying "Everything on sale and you guys are not getting any discount". At that moment we were shocked that she do not even know what we are getting and how come she is sure about it. When she scanned the milk, I asked her why we are not getting 20% senior discount on it. She said we never give discount on milk because milk is already on sale. We been coming to same shoppers drug mart from last 6 years and we never see milk on sale and the milk always on regular price even the receipt does not says any sale indication. My Mom told me that she gets discount on milk on senior days. We came home and I checked SDM website and under senior day I see the following terms and conditions.
"

Offer valid Thursday, August 26, 2010 only.

*Discounts apply to our regular prices on all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members with a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes sale items, prescriptions, insulin, products with codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), prestige cosmetics and fragrances, newspapers, stamps, passport photos, lottery tickets, event tickets, Life Experiences®, transit tickets and passes, electronic gift cards, prepaid phone cards and milk in Atlantic provinces. Discounts may not exceed $50. **While quantities last. Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Excludes prescription purchases, products with codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), prestige cosmetics and fragrances, stamps, passport photos, lottery tickets, event tickets, transit tickets and passes, electronic gift cards, Life Experiences® packages, prepaid phone cards and Shoppers Home Health Care locations. One Gift Card per transaction per customer. Offer valid Thursday, August 26, 2010 only. Gift Card will be accepted until September 24, 2010. See cashier for details. ® 911979 Alberta Ltd."

It does not says anywhere that milk is excluded in Ontario to get 20% discount. I came back and ask the same question to the cashier and this time cashier was friendly but she told me to go to another section to see the supervisor. I asked her that to page her so she come and see me. I have enough experience being a consumer that whenever there is a complaint or question. Customer does not go around in the store and find a proper person or manager to speak with. I asked her few times to call/page her but that cashier refused to do and kept saying my supervisor will not come. The cashier looked at my receipt and said she was the same supervisor who dealt with us earlier. I asked for refund because the customer service experience I faced today was never came in my life. Supervisor was very rude and acted racist and in Canada discrimination cannot be tolerated as far I know of.
In conclusion I will try not go to any of the SDM especially this particular one because I do not want to be humiliated. We pay to get service and we do not expect this kind of ridicules service. The bottom line is loosing one customer might not effect the business but I am sure with this kind of service it will definitely have very bad impact on business and ultimately on shoppers drug mart.
 29th of Sep, 2010 by   blupheonix 0 Votes
Shoppers Drug Mart is THE WORST!!! Customer service is THE WORST!
I had them "misplace" a prescription, only to "find it" when I called them on the fact that I had a hard copy of the script...
Last night they switch out my medications for generic brands, and tell me "it's all the same stuff"... Well would that explain why i'm ready to snap right now, wouldn't it, all you pharmacists out there..
They would NOT wave the dispensing fee for the screw up either, so I am moving all my scripts to Rexall, I think tomorrow...
I will point out the store as the Oak Ridges Shoppers Drug Mart...
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   carl4321 0 Votes
Our complaint concerns the middle-aged, caucasian-white, female, postal clerk who wore no name tag and declined to provide her name either.

We were in a long line-up at the post office at Shoppers Drug Mart located at 3003 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, Ontario on January 11, 2011.

The line was moving very slowly. The postal clerk did not seem to know what she was doing either. She was yelling at customers, particularly the visible minority customers. Her bad attitude was abrasive and rude.

We checked the price she quoted with the printed postal price, and rightly discovered that she had overcharged us. We asked her to correct the problem and refund us the difference. Clearly, she had made an error. Instead of correcting the problem, she told us to get out of the store.
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   Sonam M 0 Votes
I bought some stuff from shoppers drug mart on the day when i was supposed to get 20x points then the cashier told me to come next day and correct it as they will do it, when i went to the store again saying that they told me that this is not possible call the customer service and i have tried calling them everyday in past 2 weeks i cant get a hold of them, they put me on hold for like 30 mins even then no response. tell me how can i contact them n tell them that?
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   codecom 0 Votes
I bought some perfumes from Shoppers drug Mart to send to my home country, but later on I realized that the person who was suppose to take them with him refused to do so. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart 's Cottrelle Blvd branch, the customer supervisor Laila told me that their Beauty Manager Jessica Marino is refusing to take these back as they don't carry all the stuff in their store that I wanted to return. But to my surprise they carry all the perfumes with them. Shoppers Drug Mart's return policy is just a gimmick. Never think that you can return things to them.
 21st of Feb, 2013 by   Staffa chick 0 Votes
I bought a camera at SDM on Family day. I took it home and tried it for 3 days and have decided I don't like it, the pictures are fuzzy and the colour is not nice.
I called to ask about returning the camera and they told me that I had to go to the manufacturer. I called the Fuji.ca and they said they can only take broken or defective cameras back. They told me the store would have to give me a refund. I called the store back and told them that I could not send it back to Fuji. They said someone from the store will call me back. I am hoping to get a call tomorrow as this is a big ticket item for me and I'm not happy with it. There was no way to try it in the store since it had no card in it, and the batteries on the demo were almost dead. No staff was on hand to advise about the camera.
 2nd of Mar, 2013 by   Lisa Gee 0 Votes
I agree, I think the worst thing that they do there, is confuse people with the queuing then embarrassing a person.The last time I was in there was so awful. The clerk was awful, took for ever processing my order, she said something and then another clerk came over and started to yell at me too, then a customer behind me started to yell at me, so i went to the back and complained and the pharmacist told me to take down their names, so I went back, as if I had the time for this, and they hid their name tags. Other times I have been short changed or over charged, I am so glad I didn't leave my prescription there. Sometimes they have bargains though you need to read the expiry date, sometimes they let things go by the expiry date, and then one guy says he has bad eyes. It is so inconsistent, slow and as others have said seem to be super judgmental to minorities.
 17th of May, 2013 by   commoncents101 0 Votes
For the most part, everyone seems to have pretty valid complaints. But it seriously irks me that there is a lack of common sense from people here. OBVIOUSLY you cant return a camera three days later because you dont like it. Shoppers isnt an electronics store, u dont go there for a camera because its good quality, its because its a good price OBVIOUSLY there is a limit on items or one person would clear the shelf. As much as there are complaints aboit rude staff, i PROMISE you those staff deal with more rude customers than the customers do staff. Selfish, inconsiderate a-holes is all this thread is for. Who takes the fukn time to complain about petty refunds and not being able to buy more orange juice. I am sorry i even read this thread. Bunch of jackasses.
 11th of Sep, 2013 by   Tanya1 0 Votes
Shoppers on Bayview problem also. Would not return items listed as 'sale' on receipt yet told me it was a 'close out'. This is ridiculous. Facebook rep for Shoppers asked me to write them with the issues, never heard back. Horrible company. Especially terrible location.
 21st of Feb, 2014 by   realitycheck11 0 Votes
To respond to commoncents101, i both agree and disagree with your views. The while camera issue is the 100% customer satisfaction that Shoppers claims to offer. The camera doesn't work to the customer's satisfaction. If you are not going to back up the product, don't carry it. I agree with you on the limits because, like you said, you would have some people clearing the shelves and that's not right, everyone should have a chance. As far as dealing with rude people, welcome to retail. Just because someone pissed you off 10 minutes ago, it doesn't mean you have the right to act bitchy with the next guy in line. As well, no refunds are petty. If the store made an error, they need to rectify it. If the customer wants to return something, deal with it, it's your job. Seeing how poor your customer service is, calling everyone jackasses, I can see that you'll be stocking shelves at Shopper's Scam Mart for a long time. Enjoy your minimum wage.
 21st of Feb, 2014 by   realitycheck11 0 Votes
I had an issue today with a return at the Shopper's in Woodbridge, ON (Major Mack and Weston). I had purchased a $50 dental device that did not work as advertised. I tried to return it, stating the honest truth, and was told that i need to contact the manufacturer. When I explained that the manufacturer was only willing to replace the item, not refund, they told me they can only take it back if it is in new, unused condition. How the heck would I know that the item I used was defective unless i opened the package and tried to use it? I work for a worldwide company which is far bigger than Shopper's and we stand behind every single damn product we sell. I called head office and they told me that it is not a house brand so they will not refund it. I explained that i bought off their shelf so they need to stand behind it. In the end, i was told that they can't do anything for me. What do you have to say about that commoncents101?

Back to School Safety Tips