logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Badoo
Using my information without permission
2. (53 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
3. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
investorsavingbank.net
not paid
4. (1 hr 40 mins ago)
Beyond The Rack
SCAM- no customer service, never refunded
5. (1 hr 49 mins ago)
icreditscore.co.uk
They took money without my notice

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Shopper's Voice Marketing Sweepstakes, Bloomington, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent Checks

Shopper's Voice Marketing Sweepstakes Contacts & Informations

Shopper's Voice Marketing Sweepstakes

Posted:    URAOK

Fraudulent Checks

Shopper's Voice
Bloomington, Illinois
My wife received a mailing indicating that she had won the Shopper's Voice Marketing Sweepstakes drawing of a "raffle" and enclosed supposedly Cashiers Checks in the amount of $26, 640 and $2, 960. The checks were drawn on the Twin Rivers Federal Credit Union in Massena, NY. I looked up their toll free number on line (888-414-0240) rather than the bogus number given on the "checks". The receptionist advised that they were aware of the scam and that the checks are fradulent.
I have no way of knowing if the material actually originated from Shopper's Voice or not but the whole outfit seems suspect if you ask me.
Comments United States Sweepstakes
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2009 by   Shopper's Voice Consumer Care 0 Votes
It has come to our attention that letters are circulating claiming to be from a Delve LLC or Delve Legal Services and stating that the recipients have received a prize from the Shopper's Voice Marketing Sweepstakes Division. The recipient is then required to take one of the cashier's checks included with the letter to the recipients bank and send cash to Delve Legal Services to prepare an affidavit. THIS IS NOT FROM THIS SHOPPER'S VOICE® AND THERE IS NO AFFILIATION. If you suspect you have received a fraudulent sweepstakes offer please notify your local authorities. You may also register a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt167.shtm.
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   PSinger99 0 Votes
I received a survey form Shoppers Voice (attn:Laura David) today (January 25th 2010) and was tempted to fill it out. I do surveys and willing to help market research if that helps us – the customers. But I’m very bewildered about the style of this "consumer market survey". Questions about what food I buy or if I do use coupons – that’s normal stuff. But they ask for illnesses, income, insurances ..a lot personal questions that I might answer in an anonymous survey – but certainly not with my address and contact information written on the very same piece of paper! To me that is not a market survey but to sell for commercial purposes. If Shoppers Voice is interested in statistical data, they don't need the contact information of the person who is filling out the survery. I understand that somewhere I have to put the contact information (e.g. for the sweepstake :-) but for this, they should keep survey and contact information on separate paper.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   notgoingtodoit 0 Votes
Very invasive questions and limited choices to marketing questions. A info search in disguise. Glad I came here before mailing! Won't do it now. Thanks for making me think it through.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   thankgoodness 0 Votes
I also received a survey from Shoppers Voice (attn: Laura David) on about the same date. I filled it out this morning (2-8-2011) put in the envelope and decided to go on-line to check it out and have found the above comments to have changed my mind about sending it in. I was going to send it in to get the coupons for the cigarettes but figure it isn't worth them having that much personal information about me or my family. I think I would regret it because of all the junk mail and possibly phone calls, (even though I wouldn't have given them phone number) I would receive from their "Partner Companies". Thanks for saving my life from all that grief.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   Roxie55 0 Votes
I received a survey yesterday, filled out the whole thing as honest as I could and I sat and held it in my hand for about an hour looking at each question. They ask about stocks and bonds and credit cards and health problems and I think they ask about every thing any one could possibly know about a person just short of your social security number. As I looked at it I thought I should look it up on Better Buisness but could not find anything so I googled it and came here. After about 2 reads, I was tearing it up and throwing it away. I think the $10, 000.00 prize is a bait for filling it out. Thanks for all the input
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   brahmabullsmoke 0 Votes
I also received a survey from Shoppers Voice (attn: Laura David) on about the same date. I just filled it out (Feb 16, 2011) because I love coupons. But I wanted to read the privacy policy then decided to google reviews on the Shopper's Voice. I'm glad I did. Even if this was legit and not the other scam that uses the Shopper's Voice, I have read enough to know that I don't want to give my info away for such a small price. I will just continue to search for coupons myself. Thanks for the info.
 12th of Mar, 2011 by   meg2011 0 Votes
i quite agree with all the contributors. i always google before filling out surveys which i hardly do because i come upon very helpful information as above. there are a lot of them scammers out their eg, national magazine and the walmart gift card scammers. never be quick to give out personal information u never know how far it can go. in the actual sense one can actually participate in beneficial surveys from shopping receipts, get a discount, coupons and other fresbies by answering questions that relate to your shopping experience.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   Drock33523 0 Votes
Thanks for all of these comments. I was just about to sign up with Shoppers Voice and start doing surveys. I'm tired of the scams, so I did a "legit site or scam?' search, and ended up here... So Glad to know before I wasted my time (again). I know others for a fact are scams... I just recently did a sweep of my emails.. for a few days it was nice .. no junk... I did one survey, and WhaM !! 5 or 6 junk emails /day... They do sell our info.. I think I will just give up the survey Idea altogether.. Thank you all :)

Tips to Save as You Shop Online