logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
4. (56 mins ago)
Isagenix
This blender is absolutely useless
5. (58 mins ago)
Financial Services
BG / SBLC

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Shopper's Voice Consumer Research Centre, Lone Tree Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulant Cashiers Checks

Shopper's Voice Consumer Research Centre Contacts & Informations

9233 Park Meadows
Phone: 1-206-350-9182
Dated: Sept. 30th, 2009
By Pamela Allen in Hardwick, Vermont
Here is a copy of the letter my husband received and there were also 2 Cashiers Checks included. The Cashiers Checks were from Citibank and I had contacted Vermont's Attorney Generals Office - Consumer Protection, and was told that as long as my bank checks it over and don't find anything suspious about it, then it should be a legitament claim. So I then took it to my bank, which is, Merchants Bank, and I had the president of the branch look it over and was told that there was nothing suspious about it and then proceeded to deposit into my checking account and told me that I could have $100 of it immediately and the rest 24 hours later. In which I thought that it would be cleared by then. So the next day I contacted Delve Legal Services as directed in the letter to find out how to obtain the affidavit needed for the other Cashiers Check. I was told that I needed to Western Union $850.00 to a Brian King of Toronto Ontario, Canada for 1 of the affidavits. Then I needed to also send another Western Union in the amount of $630.00 to a Geoff Saratoga also of Toronto Ontario, Canda for the other affidavit. Well I did it due to the fact that at that period of time my husband was away and I was trying to raise 2 kids by myself and was and still is unemployeed. A few days later I went back to my bank and deposited the other check and was told the same thing about this one as with the first one. The other check still had not come back, so I was still under the impression that this was legitimate too. Unfortunetly, I am now in debt to the bank of about $17, 550.00 with no way to pay it back and my situtation has not changed. As of the other day I was sent a letter from my bank telling me I had 10 days to remitt that amount and that our account has been closed and if we still didn't pay we can be subjected to futher charges. Nice isn't it! I have choose to share my story so that I hope it can prevent this from happening to anyone else. If at any point anyone might have any helpful suggestions as to where I can get some kind of justice in all of this please feel free to contact me at pamela.allen72@yahoo.com or write me at Pamela Allen P.O. Box 201 Hardwick, VT 05843.
Pamela Allen

SHOPPERS Voice PROCESSING centre
Consumer Research Centre 2295 Bloor Street West
9233 Park Meadows Tele. 1 (206) 350 9182 Toronto Ontario, Canada M6S 1P1
Lone Tree, CO 80124 Fax 1 (206) 666 3378

June 29. 2009

Dear GREGORY ALLEN,
On behalf of Shopper's Voice Marketing Sweepstakes Division, we are pleased to announce
your winning drawing of raffle #TWI46228, drawn on June 26, 2009 @ 12:15 pm EST.
Your prize award in the amount of 16, 500.00 USD has been issued enclosed with your
notification letter, along with the cost of your legal affidavit in the amount of (1, 650.00 USD check).
Your affidavit can be obtained from Delve Legal Services and your file has already
been forwarded to the office of Delve Legal Services where an agent will assist you in
obtaining and receiving your legal affidavit which serves of your proof of legitimacy and is
your required and mandatory supporting documentation which is required to present to your
banking institution upon negotiation of your enclosed awarded prize. (Failure to obtain and
present a legal affidavit upon receipt of a sweepstakes monetary prize award is illegal
and punishable by law.)
Delve Legal Services is an express legal service providing a wide range of legal services in
an express manner. Processing and delivery of your affidavit will take 24 hrs. Your agent will
advise you as to the time depending on your location. Contact information for Delve Legal
Services is located at the bottom of letter.
We here at Shopper's Voicer Marketing Sweepstakes Division congratulate you as our 28th
winner in our annual Fortune 500 Companies customer appreciation drawing.

A message from the president:
On behalf of me and the employees that make this sweepstakes company the greatest
producer of winners in North America, we are honored to say that you are the recipient of
raffle #TW146228. Congratulations on your prize and thankyou for being a valued customer
of the Fortune 500 Companies we represent.
Regards,

Brian Deon
(President)

DelveLLC:

Delve Serving North America and beyond

Contact Agent: Sarah Frances
General intake line: 1 877 255 5314 Ext# 3
Please do not forget to obtain your affidavit.
Failure to do so might end in longer waiting periods for prize payout.
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Top Consumer Complaint by Fed: #10 - #6