logo

Pedro Pagnozzi
Attorney
2. (4 mins ago)
Direct TV
Military orders and still charged
3. (15 mins ago)
The Wonderful Wood Company London
Non Delivery, Refusal to give refund
4. (46 mins ago)
Anil Saini
anil saini fraud cheat scammer....
5. (1 hr 12 mins ago)

Shopper Discounts & Rewards, PO Box 855, CT 06484
Shelton, Connecticut
Phone: 800-889-8776
home.shopperdiscountsandrewards.com
I’ve been monitoring my daughter’s credit card statements since she left for college last Fall. In February 2008, I found a charge from “Shopper Discounts 800-8898776 CT” for $12 and didn’t think much of it because I thought she had ordered something online. During subsequent three months, I noticed the same charge in every credit card statement but still neglected to ask my daughter about it. I finally asked her in May when she came home for the summer. She had no idea what they were. I contacted her credit card company and was told they couldn’t remove the charges. So I called Shopper Discounts at 800-889-8776. Their representative told me that my daughter signed up for the service when she ordered sandwiches online from Campusfood.com. I asked them to cancel the membership and gave me full refunds which they did. The man on the phone didn’t seem to be surprised at all. It was as though he had received a phone call like mine a million times before. I decided to google Shopper Discounts and found numerous complaints on this company. They went by several variations of names, e.g., WLI RESERVATOINSREWARD 800-732-7031 CT, WLI SHOPPERDISCOUNT 800-889-8776 CT, etc. The scam is always the same. What happens is that after your transaction of purchasing something online, there would a pop-up question: “Would you like to save $10 on the next purchase? or Would you like to receive a $10 coupon?” or something along that line. If you click "yes, " they automatically receive your credit or debit card information from the company you purchase from, and sign you up for the scam. It will become a monthly recurring charge on your credit or debit card. I believe they are still in business because they make it easy for people to cancel the membership and get a full refund so nobody would bother to report it to the BBB.

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jul, 2008 by   vishal +1 Votes
This shopper discount seems to be really a fraudulent company.
My credit card has also been charged of $12 for no reason.
I need to call them up to get the refund.
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   liang 0 Votes
My credit card has also been charged of $12 for no reason.
I need to call them up to get the refund. but I can not get through the #

dam, why this company can still work?
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   liang 0 Votes
BBB it
 15th of Jul, 2008 by   carlos 0 Votes
Beward of DEEPDISCOUNTDVD.COM They too will sign you up for the $10 ShopperDiscount BS service.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   Laura 0 Votes
I'll second that--DEEPDISCOUNTDVD.COM signed me up as well. Fortunately I caught this scam within the first month. Both companies should be run out of business.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   Chanel 0 Votes
I was finally able to get though to the number and the lady told me that I was singed up for the membership because I ordered something on Fragrance.net and used a coupon. She seemed unconcerened about what I was saying and that upset me even more. I was not aware that if I used a $10 coupon that I would be signed up for the a shopper discount member ship for $12. They should be put out of business. I went on BBB to post a complaint.
 20th of Sep, 2008 by   Amy Murray 0 Votes
I recently noticed a $9 charge on my credit card. After looking back over my statements I realized this has been going on for quite a long time.

I called and questioned the receptionist and ask to cancel the charges and to give me a full refund.
She completely complied. Apparently, this had been going on for almost 3 years totaling nearly $300.

I admit that that was a little ignorant on my part on keeping up with my financial affairs.
However, it doesn't give this company any right to keep this up.

It seems it's never too late to call but be sure to keep an eye on all of your charges and be aware of your surroundings while online.
 21st of Sep, 2008 by   Nancy Hong 0 Votes
It seems a lot of you people don't read before you push a button.
My daughter wanted to order a poster through Posters.com and I poured through all the on-line info before doing so. After I placed my order, the offer from Shoppers Discounts & Rewards popped up, yes for a $10 coupon, and, again, I poured through all the info and disclaimers, etc. and decided I could use the $10. during the free 30 day membership period. I ordered another poster.com item, (both orders were received within a week), and billings were never a problem, and I enjoyed the use of the $10 off my second poster. Every couple of days I receive an email from Shoppers Discounts & Rewards reminding me that I am now a member, and to take advantage of savings via this membership. Two days ago I received an email from SD&R reminding me that my free period was coming to an end, and that I would be billed the membership fee on October 1 if I do not act to cancel before that date...so I think that there is a responsibility on the consumer to read before clicking, and not to let read your emails.
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   Manuel S 0 Votes
I also got charged a $12 dollar fee for a membership I did not apply For.I think I did also see a $10 Coupon offer. This offer was presented to me about 3 month ago. I recently notice the fee charged for 2 months. I am calling them to have the charges to reverse. I would like to Know if this company explain this in full detail on the web sight at the time you accept the $10 coupon?
 20th of Oct, 2008 by   Ken Clark 0 Votes
Thank you for the notes, I do was charged for 8 months, based upon this advice I called and they did refund all 8 months.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   Oliver 0 Votes
I bought a dvd from deepdiscountdvd.com and was charged $10 a month without even knowing! I didn't think much of it at first, but when $10 was taken EVERY month... I did some research and found this site. I called the 800 number and sure enough, the representative didn't ask any questions and refunded the money. Sheesh...
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   JJ 0 Votes
I just found out I have been charged $12 for the past 5 months; unfortunately when I first saw this credit card charge several months ago, I thought it was one of those charges that originated from an unfamiliar store name. I found this site and confirmed is is a scam, will call and request for my refund. I will also post a complaint to BBB, and see if more complaints will help to put a stop to this fraudulent company.
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   UAF 0 Votes
I just found a transaction waiting to be validated in my current statement. Then I went back to the last month since I remember looking at the same company and same charge. I couldn't remember were I did spend that amount, so I went online and check for the company.

This is the first post showing on Google, GOOD!!

I Just end the call to their 800 number and a old lady agreed to cancel that 'subscription' and refund the amount.

She said I got 'subscribed' when I buy something on buy.com. I'm really pessimistic and never agree or click/push buttons like crazy when shopping, so I don't know when this crap happened.

Thanks for starting this post.

Regards.
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   verticillium@gmail.com 0 Votes
I have some thing. I believe Buy.com gives the credit card number to them ... DO NOT BUY on buy.com use your credit cart. It is not trusted.
 8th of Nov, 2008 by   RJF 0 Votes
Same thing here. I was charged $12/month for 3 months. I called VISA and they called Shoppers Discounts while I waited. I was connected to a Shopper Discount representative and was told it was through buy.com. I checked and found no activity with Buy.com any time before the Shopper Discounts charges started. (Maybe I clicked something when I was looking for an item I didn't buy) Anyway the rep said the 3 months of charges would be refunded in 5 days. Purchasing with a credit card that has a good dispute department IS the way to go for Internet purchases.
 9th of Nov, 2008 by   Jennifer Shaffer 0 Votes
I too have noticed the $12.00 charge and will be calling to cancel and get refunded. I have no idea when I agreed to this charge. I will also be notifying the BBB.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   JON CARTOL 0 Votes
Good business.

=> I charge from the people without notice (or with little written notices nobody reads),
=> and I refund money for the people who complains( maybe just less than %10 of them)
=> result is $$$ with just nothing.

I need to start this business too.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   Jane 0 Votes
Too bad!! I was also charged for 12$!! And I used my credit card in Buy.com several days ago! That's why...
 20th of Nov, 2008 by   anthony 0 Votes
Just saw that this has been going on for the past 9 months...these people have to be stopped...and it was so odd, they just refunded me all 9 months with no hesitation...
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   Jeannine 0 Votes
I was buying something from 'Classic Closeouts'. These scam people got me for $120.00. I have reported them to my bank. I'll see what happens. I will be notifying the BBB too. They need to be taken out of circulation.

Sleeping Comcast Employee