Shop your way rewards

Posted:

unable to access system

3.55
Sears
I tried using the 'forgot password' and the system message said 'We do not have a record of a registered customer with email ID. Enter another email ID and try again.' I tried creating a profile entering my member number from my card and was told there was already an account with that email address which contradicts the first message. I tried using a second email address and received a message the member id was invalid.

I think based on this interaction the "shop your way rewards" program is no reward program at all. I will unsubscribe from the "shop your way rewards" email, although I find it extremely odd they can find my email to send me email messages.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping
More Shop your way rewards Complaints & Reviews
Shop your way rewards - scam

Comments

22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Ditto. I'm having the same problem. Was advised to go to a Sears or Kmart store and they will "fix" the problem. We'll see how that works out. Ridiculous!
 3rd of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
Unfortunately, going to the store doesn't do you any good. The person at the register can provide you with a brochure, which has a 1(800) number you yourself can call. Then, after waiting on hold for 14 minutes you can talk with an actual person. They don't know any of the information you want, but they're more than willing to email it to you. I still haven't received my email... maybe one day I'll get a surprise. I don't get why there's all of this security for a rewards program unless they just want things to be as difficult as possible.
 11th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
bad!! BAD!! BAD!1 I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT THESE PEOPLE ARE PURE CRAP!! DON'T DEAL WITH THEM. DON'T TALK WITH THEM!!
THEY ALL HAVE THEIR HEAD UP THEIR YOU KNOW WHAT!! BAD !!!
 28th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
I am having a similar problem with accessing their website. It says that their security certificate is invalid and transfers you to a different website so I do not continue.
It causes my internet service to shut down !
 25th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
They just sent me an email saying I have over $20, then I get locked out of my account. Would have been nice of them to put on their site that you're going to get locked out after a certain number of tries- allowing me to press the forgot password button instead of trying multiple passwords...THEN I call, and get a person who can't answer any questions without the words "to the best of my knowledge", or "as far as I know"...cannot give me definite answers. THEN they tell me I don't have $20-something to spend- only a little over $10, because the email that was sent out- had wrong points. I find that very fishy, rude or just bad business...take your pick. If they are aware of an error email- they could have sent a following email stating that we may have received an message with an error in points or something? What if I went to the store expecting that amount- and now I'm in a heated exchange with the sales staff at no fault of their own. It's not the way to run a business...I understand it's a "free" service- but I think the key word is "service"...if you can't give good service- then don't do it at all and ruin my day.
 11th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
I agree this program is a damn joke! 30 days you have to redeem your points and they are gone! No OTHER program have I seen less than year to redeem points so you can build them up! They actually want you to pay $79/year for this crappy program! NO WAY IN HELL!
 8th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
The Surprise Points awarded are kind of a joke and never work without constantly having to call in a problem in trying to redeem them. Yesterday I was sent an e-mail awarding me $10 Surprise Points on a $40 Clothing Purchase. I checked my Shop-Your-Way online account and indeed the Surprise Points offer was listed in my account. I went into K-Mart the next day and gathered $45 worth of clothing merchandise, went to the customer service desk for check out, asked to redeem all my points and was told the system would not apply the $10 Surprise Points even though it showed in their system. The cashier called the Shop-Your-Way Hotline and between speaking with both me and the cashier the representative could'nt tell either of us why the system wouldn't apply the points ($10) because based on what I was purchasing everything was valid. The representative then stated they would convert the Surprise Points into regular points so I could redeem the offer but that I would have to wait 24 hours for those to show up in the system. This means I have to trek back to K-Mart tomorrow like I have nothing better to do with my time than constantly go into K-Mart. This kind of thing happens regularly with those Shop-Your-Way Rewards points and it has gotten to be a nuissance shopping at K-Mart. I have a very fixed income and if it weren't for those rewards I just about couldn't afford anything so I look forward to receiviung those points but the Hell-and-High-Water I have to go through to redeem what I was offered makes shopping at K-Mart a total nuissance. It has become such a nuissance shopping at K-Mart I think they should start paying me a salary to come there because I generally have to spend several hours at a time straightening out these messes.

Sincerely;

Tired of Going Into K-Mart Every Other Day In Order to Get What I Was Offered
 24th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
This is the DISRESPECTFUL message I received from a supervisor, Christine W., when I needed customer support for my points not working!!! She calls me a liar!!!
We have reviewed your account, including the purchases you
made in 2015 and in 2014 and we found that you redeemed
surprise points on almost every single purchase.  It is
unclear then what exactly is it that you mean that your
surprise point offers are not working.
 3rd of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
Why provide and promote a sweeps program that is run so poorly that your customers leave your stores and phone calls in disgust??

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree