logo

Esso Gas Station
Car Wash
2. (7 mins ago)
Off Lease Only
I would not recommend buying from them
4. (35 mins ago)

Shelly Van Lines

Posted:    Rosana Baron

Terrible service

New Jersey
Looking for so many complaints here I feel that I am not alone
But Now I understand why people prefer to make a "garage sale" and buy everything brand new instead trusting in companies that are not prepared to deliver a service at least in average quality.
I am still in a process to finalize the list of my damages and fill up a complaint (what for me doesn't mean anything - because they think you can wait 90 days to sit in your sofa, or to use your furniture, what is not the case)
See one example how the things arrived at my new place

Shelly Van Lines

Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Nov, 2010 by   Multi Moves 0 Votes
I have moved several times, locally interstate, including cross country. My experience with Shelly Van Lines was by far the absolute worst experience I have ever had. I was quoted a price and then on the day of the move that price was increased by several hundred dollars, nearly double what was agreed. The day of my move the movers arrived more than an hour late. Before they started doing anything I was presented with paperwork to sign that included a agreement for "tipping" the movers and it was explained me the expected tip amount. In ALL of my over 15 moves I have NEVER experienced such a thing regarding tips. They showed up with a truck that was not nearly adequate to handle my move. As they were packing they broke stuff and did not even tell me about it. At some point in the game we realized that the crew did not have enough packing materials or boxes to complete the job. When I spoke with reps at their office I was told that I would have to pay more for them to complete the job or they would stop the job, unload and be done. When the movers finally left the place I was left with so much to pack and ship that I had to buy boxes, pack them and rent a 14' truck to haul what remained. I was told that the movers would be at my place by 8am and done 7hours later. The movers did not arrive until nearly 10am and did not leave until 10:30pm. When they left my place was a total mess, which including the stairs to the upper levels of my home, a rental townhouse, being trampled with the pieces from the base of a lamp that the guys broke. A date was set for delivery and setup. No more than a day of the schedule delivery I got a call that the delivery could not take place until a date later than scheduled. On the new date the team arrive nearly TWO hours late. As they unloaded I found kitchen chairs to be broken, bed frames broken or missing pieces necessary for the bed to bed to setup. As I unpacked I found many more valuables broken or missing. Two weeks ago today, I moved from the place that Shelly moved me into. For this move, I rented a truck from U Haul. For movers I found two guys waiting outside of U Haul looking for work. We negotiated a price and they followed me. These guys started at 9am and had my goods offloaded at my new location with NOTHING broken or missing by 2pm. When I submitted my claim of missing and damage property, I later received a letter offering me $66.00.
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   dkoo 0 Votes
I called a few moving company for quotes and Shelly van lines New Jersey give me the best price 55 per hour ( day of the quote and the day i called to confirm). The day of the move the price went up 65 per hour, not bad it was OK. They took 3 hours to complete the move, but i was charged for 5 hours because i had to pay for their trip back to New Jersey. To move only my bedroom furniture ( bed, 2 dresser and crib) i was charge $1000 total. By the way, i had to pay before they bring my furniture up. What moving company charge for using elevator, maybe i should have shown them the stairs. Using Shelly van line in fair lawn NJ was the worst experience i have ever had and i don't recommend this company to anyone. Lesson learn, always ask for all surcharges

Tax Day: 5 Things to do Now