logo

Corporation For Character
Misleadingly Vague "survey"
2. (7 mins ago)
3Psychics.com Scam FRAUD Spell Rip Off Spellcaster Crime Gang 1-877-398-0778
3Psychics.com took my money and stopped answering my calls!
3. (11 mins ago)
JDNETT PROFITS
FRAUD
4. (15 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
5. (16 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Shell Oil Co. Complaints & Reviews - No common business courtesy to assist a customer!

Shell Oil Co. Contacts & Informations

Shell Oil Co.

Posted:    Gisla

No common business courtesy to assist a customer!

Shell Oil Co.
In 2004 I overpaid my Shell gas credit card by $200. Shell sent me a check for the same amount while I was in Indonesia, working the tsunami disaster... Consequently the check was voided (90 day limited). Note: Shell does not honor, like most businesses, a plus balance on an account. When I returned from Indonesia I returned the check, requesting a new one be issued. To date, almost 2 yrs later, I have not received the money due to me.

I have called Shell credit card services 12 times in this time period and have written three letters to:

1) Shell Credit Cards Services,

2) Customer Service Manager

3) Customer Relations, Shell Headquarters to ask for assistance - to no avail. I have not received a reply, an e-mail nor a phone call.

I think this borders on scandal. This company has earning in the millions/billions and they do not have the common business courtesy to assist a customer.

Regards,
Gisla.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of May, 2007 by   Clare Brenden 0 Votes
I recently purchased gasoline at a Shell Station at 2900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, Nevada. I gave the cashier $20.00 cash. I pumped regular unleaded at $3.79 per gal, 5.430 gals. , cost $19.00. When I asked for my $1.00 change the cashier said I used $20.00, although the pump showed $19.00. He then printed me a receipt showing total $19.00. I do have the receipt. The manager appeared and didn't want to give my change. It's not the $1.00 - it's the principal - if they cheat every customer all day they have a nice extra profit. I finally insisted on my change and they did give it to me. I started on the highway and noticed that I didn't get any gas - my gouge showed the same amount of gas in my vehicle as when I entered the station. Not wanting to have to go through another scene, I decided to "eat" my loss and went on my way. It bothers me that more people may be pleased as I was. Now, I know it could have been an equipment error the cashier and manager may not have been aware of. I don't know how often individual stations are inspected for accuracy but it seems to me this particular station needs to be inspected. I have used Shell gas for many years and have never experienced this problem. I don't know if it is possible for you to let me know what happened but I would appreciate a reply.
 11th of Dec, 2007 by   Bill Folks 0 Votes
Purchased regular gas in Weed ca made it twenty mile's had to have vehicle towed to K Falls Or. Dealer said contaminated fuel caused pump and filter failure. The sample the dealer took from tank looked like water with a slight smell of gas. This occurred on a business trip to Sandy Or as a result loss of wage's not to mention being stranded on highway 97 on the 16th of november. When I contacted station and station owner no one would accept responsibility "big surprise". This little adventure set me back approx $3000.00.
 13th of Jun, 2008 by   Jenifer 0 Votes
Today 6/13/08 I purchased 20.00 cash gas from this shell station 2207 valley, pomona, ca. i noticed it didn't feel like anything was coming out, it was registering but nothing coming out. When I went to check on my car meter it did absolutely nothing nor did the computer on my car register the 4.40 gallons. I went inside to check with the attendant and she didn't speak English and basically I just lost 20.00. I went down the street to Valero but another 20.00 in and it immediately registered. Beware consumers of this gas station-big scam going on there.
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   Richard Hall 0 Votes
Shell station
6014 Leesburgh Pike
Falls Church
VA 22041
This station was giving rebates of 5 cents per gallon on gas pumped!
Now, they will only give the rebate if you use CASH!
I pumped 10.117 Gallon on March 10, 2010 and used my
Shell card.
They told they had a new policy. So, no rebate.
So, what good is my Shell card now?
A card I have had since 1966!
I guess I have a choice of other stations.
All I can say is, this is a bad time to change a policy like that during a
recession!!
Richard Hall
3300 Coryell Lane
Alex, VA 22302
rtaylorhall@aol.com
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   Pete Murdoch 0 Votes
We travel through out Ca. and use Shell when we can. Lately my cards, wifey too, has to be either left at the cashier, or the purchase has to be put on another card, or cash. This nessitates two trips from the islands to the cashiers booth. The magnetic strip doesnt work at the pump. When wifey came it and told me that she had to do the above I got irritated and called Shell customer services to complain, they told me that there were too many purchses on the cards and they had put a block on my card because of excessive use. As they did this without notifying us, I cancelled the cards.Of course they acted in my best interest, to protect me...

Identity Theft and Credit Card Fraud Protection