Awful company

Sharp Electronics
After purchasing my 52' LCD Sharp television in June 2008, I was excited to have view favorite shows and movies. This all came to an end on December 20th 2008 when the T.V. began to display colorful lines in the left hand corner. Sighs could be heard, but I wasn't worried because the T.V. is still under a one-year manufacture warranty. Contacted Sharp immediately and was told to email pictures. Did so right away. Received a reply that a representative would contact me within 2 business days. Didn't hear from them, so I called.

Next day checking email I received a reply from Ali Mendez stating that just by viewing the photos there wasn't anything Sharp could do. Of course I was livid to hear that a four- figure T.V. that is under warranty wouldn't be repaired or replaced. Contacted a local Sharp dealer who informed me that I should try to reach president or CEO of the company due to warranty, so I called Micheal Troetti, who took over for Noburu Fujimoto in Sept. 2005. Sharp has not had the reputation that it has now until 2007 which began with the Fauly Microwave and the Warranted Range. What's going on. Should we as consumers say enough is enough and stop purchasing from companies who refuse to stand behind their policy. I need to know what else can I do to help comfort my financial burden of paying on a T.V. that isn't viewable.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful?

11th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Sharp Electronics - 52LE820 LED TV
2 Leng Kee Road, #04- - 06/07/08, Thye Hong Center, Singapor
Phone: 65-6419-5222

I seen too many advertisement about Sharp LED TV with new extra yellow color, panel made in japan and quality picture.
Just I bought a Sharp 52LE820 Led TV and after installation and used I experience very bad picture and colors. The specially the portrait pictures are very bad.
So I am planing to sell with some discount to my friend TV shop and buy another TV. I will try to buy better quality TV like Sony, Samsong or Phillips.
I don't like again going follow advertisement and i will try first see the Display TV for quality pictures .

Contact Us