logo

Seterus

Posted: 2012-06-28 by    Galezze

Seterus is the worst

Seterus
My mortgage was with Chase, who sold it to LBPS, which is now Seterus. I have had nothing but a nightmare since this took place 1 1/2 years ago. Chase sold it with out my knowledge in Oct. 2010. Made my payment to Chase, but somehow neither Chase nor LBPS have record of it.That puts me one month behind which starts the nightmare.

I have tried to no end to rectify this problem. Now since Seterus has basically changed their name from LBPS(I wonder why), I’m still being charged late fees and they say I’m 2 month’s behind. Try to rectify that by sending the proper payment to bring me up to date and they send it back.

What’s a person to do. Now they are saying I’m 3 month’s behind and facing foreclosure.

There out to be a law against a debt collection agency taking care of mortgages.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jul, 2012 by   BCarswell 0 Votes
They are a terrible, abusive collection agency! I've gone through hell and back and they're still giving me the runaround. Thankfully, this is catching the attention of major news organizations and something will hopefully happen to expose their illegal activities. Please read my story here and consider signing my petition! They need to be held accountable!!! http://www.change.org/petitions/seterus-inc-end-abusive-mortgage-servicing-tactics
 16th of Dec, 2012 by   dealcloser1969 0 Votes
Seterus operates just like a giant collection agency. They purchase mortgage debt for pennies on on the dollar and then pursue it with high pressure collection tactics. They do not have a reputation to protect & are tough negotiate with solo. They will re-age old collection accounts and pad balances to make your life miserable. You need to take action against them with specific FDCPA complaints to Federal Government agencies. That is the only way to build leverage against them & force them into compliance and settlement. We have handled many successful cases v. Seterus in the past. Feel free to contact our office at 877.297.7011 or visit www.FRSLN.com for free advice.
 27th of Aug, 2014 by   Keri Martz 0 Votes
Since seterus has taken over from chase, they have made it very difficult for me. They even sent someone out to take pictures of my house to make sure we were living there. We were told that if no one would have been there, they would have padlocked our doors, which is totally illegal. I'm current as of Aug., but they want Sept. payment now, it's frustrating. The threatening calls, the nasty letters, and when you call, the so called rep. is so nasty on the phone and treat you like a low life. I hope someone can help, I can't afford to keep doing this with them. Please HELP !

Credit Card Bill Passes Congress