logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (18 mins ago)
Russ Ultes / James Keating
Ultes & Keating you ripped me off!
2. (36 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-11-04 by    leeburn

SEO GEARS WILL HAUNT YOU

seogears.com
Minnesota
I purchased Seo Gears program to help me improve my search engine ranking, Optimise my site as they have promised and advertised, Well after i signed up for the program, the end result was the Opposite of what i inteded to buy the program for, , SEO GEARS cuased a huge decline in my website's traffic, costing me alot of money, I called my hosting company and asked for a refund and cancelation of the program which i got done, But the Problem is As a REVENGE seo Gears attacked me by REMOVING thousands of PAGES AND ARTICLES that were already INDEXED by GOOGLE and major search engines, the process of being ranked and indexed by these search engines took years of hard work and SEO GEARS destroyed it in few seconds of a mouse click...This company is real terrible wish i never Encountered them...More info u can contact me at leeburn860@hotmail.com
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Nov, 2012 by   SEOGears +1 Votes
Using a Do-It-Yourself tool for SEO. There is no way that SEO Gears could have done anything wrong with a DIY SEO tool.
You must have been hit by a Google update.
 8th of Nov, 2012 by   leeburn -1 Votes
SEOGEARS.COM IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY, , WATCH OUT BEFORE U PURCHASE
 24th of Nov, 2012 by   Pitbull lover -1 Votes
I have been using Seo gears for about 6 months now. They said they could have me at the top of the first page with a simple pitbull for sale keyword phrase. After 6 months of pointless paying money to these guys they want to switch my campaign because it's a key phrase that is to hard to rank up on. Then they switch to another phrase and said it might take another 3-6 months again. I have never gotten my site to the first page much less to the top of the first. Once I was barely on the second page. This seo gears company is a complete sham. Beware.
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   SEOgearscom +1 Votes
Hi Lee,

We actually have no record of you as an SEOgears customer. Please send your account details to support@seogears.com and we'd be happy to help.

I assure you we do not remove any links, let alone thousands of links. One of our points of pride is the long term benefits our service has for many customers. We have never removed links as the result of a cancellation.

@Pitbull lover -
Please send your account details to support@seogears.com so we can research your complaints further. I was unable to find any customer of ours that has been targeting pitbull related phrases for 6 months with the results you are describing.

It is correct that we typically expect 3 -6 months of our ongoing link building to achieve first page positions. We would never recommend switching to a new phrase midway through a campaign as most of the traffic is at the top of the results.
 16th of Dec, 2012 by   SEOgearscom 0 Votes
It has been over two weeks since our first response and we have not been contact by either complainant. We can find no record of anyone using the first mentioned email address. If you see this please let us know as we would be happy to investigate what may have caused your websites decline. You can contact us at support@seogears.com
 17th of Dec, 2012 by   leeburn 0 Votes
SEO GEARS.COM... Has caused me alot of money, Page rank, Lose of Traffilc... and has HARMED the website that i have worked so hard on in the past 5 years .., , Now i see pple calling themselves representatives of these company HARRASING Me with MALICIOUS E-mails AFTER All they did to me and my Bussiness...Let me tell you guys this, , , if You dont FIX the problems You have caused to My WEBSITE and leave me alone ., ..be READY for a LAWSUIT ...am sure am not the only PERSON you guys have SCREWED, , I can EASILY find HUNDREDS of other Hurt and Screwed customers out there, , , , ANY CUSTOMERS who SEO GEARS has screwed with their Websites RANKING And Traffic out of REVENGE for canceling this bulshit Service and are willing to take part in a LAWSUIT Can CONTACT ME HERE leeburn860@hotmail.com... Thanks ...Leeburn .
 18th of Dec, 2012 by   SEOgearscom 0 Votes
Hi Leeburn

I am a representative of SEOgears.com and I see no record of your account or any contact from any of our representatives. Please forward me any email you received to support@seogears.com

I'd be happy to help in any way and have tried to contact you at leeburrn860 requesting your account details so we can investigate.
 14th of Feb, 2013 by   phill1287 0 Votes
I was involved in the SEO program of SEO Gears (Ipage's SEO) and its a big waste of money. I paid $200 for about 5 months to get me ranked on the first page of Google. It was a "medium" competition of the keywords. 5 months later I am barely on the second page with not much more traffic. I called and they kept telling me, "It just takes times." ?????? Biggest waste of money! They love the money not the customers. Take it from me, use a different SEO service I wish I would have because they don't get you ranked any higher.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   SEOgearscom 0 Votes
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the results. Please send your complaint directly to support@seogears.com and we can assist you directly.

We expect 6 months of our linking service to achieve first page positions, but results will vary. Holding a second page position after 5 months is inline with our expectations. Our advice to be patient is not for the love of money but from our desire for you to see results. We know that you aren't going to see a significant increase in traffic until you site holds top positions. Getting frustrated with the results prior to achieving a top position is going to make sure your sunk costs remain sunk. Contact your marketing program manager or support@seogears.com and they will be able to work with you to help you see a return on your investment.
 13th of Apr, 2013 by   PittCslr +1 Votes
Here is my review. I was called by a rep for SEOGEARS and was told that my ranking would be on the first page, not in a week, but after a month or two. Long story short, I reviewed and I was on page 22, after having been up to page 14 at one point. This is for Hypnosis Pittsburgh - there aren't a lot of us.

Eventually I said that I would need to pause my campaign because of finances and couldn't afford $200/mo. I got a canned email offering a half-priced discount, but I reviewed the pricing which indicated to me that I was paying double for the aggressive campaign than some of the other recipients of this email. I would receive and review weekly rankings for Yahoo!/Bing and Google - which still STEADILY SHOW ZERO's. SEOGEARS would say, "Oh you have to wait, Google hasn't stumbled upon you yet, we have thousands of happy customers, etc." To this day I have no idea what they're doing. Link building articles? What and to where? Social bookmarks? Where? Onsite optimization? Ummm, no. Create Web 2.0 links and more things that either weren't done, or aren't effective. I've never seen any of it. My SEOGEARS Account Manager was very nice, and returned my phone calls promptly, but I think my review of SEOGEARS as a company will show they are ineffective.

The trap is that you can't do your own SEO at the same time because then how will you review your data to know if SEOGEARS is effective? So, I didn't do anything for months, and... suffice to say, it appears as though the emperor is wearing no clothes. I just didn't feel like watching them remove money from my account each month (double the other's rate, I'm guessing) and see if it worked eventually. My curiosity just couldn't justify the monthly cost. Four months? Eight months? A year? Sorry SEOGEARS, no.

Zero Hits, Zero Customers, Negative Income from SEOGEARS.
 10th of Jul, 2013 by   Bbrinson1 0 Votes
I think there are two company's with the same name. One is SEO gear which is a pay as you rank service. The other is seogears which the company intuit uses for their customers SEO work. I could be wrong but I think there is some confusion here. Just my two cents.
 1st of Aug, 2013 by   IrynaB 0 Votes
We worked with SEO Gears last year. We had to stop working with them because they could not put two of our key words on Google's top page. After that, our ranking dropped 300 lines in Google. We discovered that they created a lot of bad links to our website . For example, they posted biotech articles into Wedding sites or Locksmith sites (which marked our website as Spam!). So, when Google updated their codes, our website went all the way to page number 13. Can you imagine how bad is that? We were trying to reach them: called them many times and wrote them e-mails too, but they never responded! I wouldn't recommend anybody to work with them. Avoid them if you can!
 26th of Sep, 2013 by   UrsaMajor 0 Votes
SEO Gears is a terrible company that does stuff that hurts site rankings in the long term. Do not use SEO Gears under any circumstances! I stupidly went with the SEO Gears pitch and count the decision to enlist SEO Gears' help the worst business decision I've made in more than three decades of running my own shop. In addition to the long-term decline in the rankings of my sites, SEO Gears cost me a great deal of hard-earned money. All wasted and unrecoverable. Stay away from SEO Gears or you'll be writing a post like this someday.
 12th of Oct, 2013 by   samirosanna 0 Votes
seo this does not work I paid for my site datingmuslima.com I bought it with my hosting hostgator I waited so long but always expect me says anything about anything I threw the money
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Hl123 0 Votes
I purchased seo gears through bluehost seo. I couldn't agree with the comments above more. It was a complete waste of money and time. I see that the guys from seo gears are trying to clean their reputation. The truth is that they will do anything to steal money. I'm sure lee is right - seo gears is just pretending he was never a customer to save their own face. From my own experience, seo gears said on two occasions that they would call me, but didn't. Then, they lied and told me that my phone was down; there's nothing wrong with my phone. I purchased the aggressive 3 keyword package, and after a month they created no backlinks. I asked for a refund since they didn't do any work, and they refused. Those guys have horrible attitudes. Please please stay away! I spent 10+ hours trying to deal with the problem and talking with various management and got no response. Save yourself the time and trouble.
 31st of Jan, 2014 by   SEOgearscom 0 Votes
@IrynaB - Please send your domain name to support@seogears.com. We will happily review any links created using our services. We strive to create articles only on sites relevant to your industry.

@UrsaMajor - Please send your domain name to support@seogears.com, we will happily review your account.

@samirosanna - I am also unable to find any record of your domain as a managed customer. Did you happen to purchase the "Jumpstart" product? The jumpstart product provides you a set of tools to begin the process of optimization. If you need help understanding how to use the tools please contact Hostgator support, they will be happy to assist you.

@Hl123 - I'm very sorry to hear you didn't receive a quick response. We strive to respond to all requests within 2 business days. I'll happily call you to discuss your campaign.

To all those above, I apologize for the delayed response. We aren't notified automatically of complaints made on this message board. If you are unhappy with your service please email us at support@seogears.com or you may call our general 800 line posted on our website.
 31st of Mar, 2014 by   NADAVDN 0 Votes
It started with a call from Bluehost/Seogear representative, he sold me the 3 keywords plus setting fee for 199$/mo and a50 setup fee.
The problem started after I payed the invoice, the account manager didn't contact me, and after I send several email he did.
The keyword he suggested was the worst thing I have ever seen, they didn't have a any trend and had less then 10 searches monthly.
When I asked to cancel because its clear he didn't now nothing about SEO or keyword research he just stooped responding
I tried to chat with bluehost support, email the seogear support and bluehost but no one can help
I just got ripped off, very disappointing, stay away from bluehost !!!
 1st of Apr, 2014 by   SEOgearscom 0 Votes
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, can you please send you contact information to support@seogears.com so we can assist?
 21st of Apr, 2014 by   James M Austin Texas 0 Votes
Small business owners BEWARE of SEO Gears. They promised results but didn't deliver and drove me crazy with crappy customer service. DON'T be fooled by this company.
 25th of Apr, 2014 by   criticalmass 0 Votes
one, i am a private SEO. in 2014, know that there is no way with Google current format that anyone(i dont care who you are) that can promise first page rankings on google. Google has changed their format, and it is just not going to happen. If you have BIG bucks then maybe you need to try Adwords. That is the only way you can get on the front page. period. end of story. Can you be moved up to near the front page (remember there are thousands of companies like yours still on page 100). Be real. Dont expect too much. You might get lucky, its called the Google dance. Links, google tools, social media--that is the fourmula.

2010 Year End Tax Tips