logo

Jobsandcash.com
They didn’t provide job
5. (16 mins ago)
Qbule
They didn’t pay for the job

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Rachel L.

Threats

Sentry Credit Inc.
Everett, Washington
This company keeps calling me at odd hours of the day and continues to call until I answer the phone. They claim that I own for a PUD bill which I paid in full months ago. I requested that they send me something in writing that shows the name of their company and a breakdown of what I owe. They refused so I refused to give them my credit card over the phone. Every time they call they really push for me to give them my credit card number which makes me feel like they are a scam. When I requested to talk to the manager, John Anderson, he threatened to sue me over $36.43 if I did not pay the bill now. I then asked him if he was going to really sue me and he told me to "shut my mouth"! I hung up.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jan, 2010 by   John Burke 0 Votes
Rachel,

If your description of your experience above is accurate, please contact my office and ask for me personally. I assure you, we will make this right.

Ask for John Burke

800 608 2581
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   SEEING IT BOTH WAYS 0 Votes
I CAN TELL YOU PERSONALLY THAT SENTRY CREDIT DOES FOLLOW ALL FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS. ALL EMPLOYEES ARE TRAINED OVER 90 DAYS. IF YOU OWE MONEY ANY CREDITOR HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO PURSUE THE BALANCE IN FULL. SENTRY CREDIT DOES NOT PURCHASE DEBTS, AND YES SOME OF THE COMPANIES REPRESENTED CAN AND WILL SUE. WHILE SENTRY BASES THEIR COMPANY ON PATIENCE, PERSISTENCE, AND PROFESSIONALISM THEY DO FALL SHORT. NOT ALL, BUT MANY COLLECTORS WILL BECOME LOUD, RUDE, AND INTIMIDATING. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE ON EVERY LEVEL!!! THE MOST IDEAL RESPONSE TO THE CALLS...IF IT'S A WRONG # SIMPLY TELL US, IF IT IS YOU - DON'T LIE...YOU OWE A BANK MONEY AND THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PAID BACK! YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT SAYING YOU WOULD AND IF THE CAR OR OTHER PURCHASE IS NO LONGER IN YOUR POSSESION YOU STILL OWE THE DEBT BEING YOUR CREDITOR PAID IN FULL WHEN YOU ASKED THEM TO DO SO. DO KNOW THIS...SENTRY IS COMMISSION BASED BEYOND A DECENT WAGE. IN OTHER WORDS THE COLLECTORS ARE PAID WHETHER YOU PAY YOUR DEBT OR NOT. COLLECTORS ARE PUSHED, WRITTEN UP, SUSPENDED AND EVEN TERMINATED IF THEY ARE NOT COLLECTING TO MEET A QUOTA. THE HOLD TIME IS NOT WITH THE CREDITOR! AT NO TIME DOES A COLLECTOR SPEAK WITH THE CREDITOR, THAT IS A SIMPLE DEPLOY. SENTRY'S UTMOST DOWNFALL IS ALLOWING EMPLOYEES TO ARRIVE TO, REMAIN, AND BE WITHIN THE PREMISES UNDER THE INFLUENCE WHETHER THEY LEAVE AT LUNCH TO DO SO OR EVEN DO SO ON THE PROPERTY. REGARDLESS OF ADDICTS CALLING...YOU STILL OWE A DEBT THAT WILL DESTROY YOUR CREDIT.
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   WOW1234 0 Votes
Federal Agency Obtains $55, 000 for Blind Applicant Denied Hire

SEATTLE – Everett, Wash., debt collection agency Sentry Credit, Inc. has agreed to provide $55, 000 and other relief to settle a federal lawsuit charging that the company refused to hire a qualified applicant because she was blind, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) announced today.

According to the EEOC’s suit, although Cheryl Reith’s online application for a recovery specialist position qualified her for an interview with Sentry, once the company's manager met Reith in person and realized she was blind, the manager immediately stated, “This isn't going to work out.” Although Reith attempted to explain that she had done similar work for over eight years with the aid of assistive technology for the blind, the manager merely repeated, “This just won't work, ” and sent Reith away.

Reith, age 39, who has been blind from birth, said, “I almost broke into tears that day, I couldn’t believe how quickly I was dismissed. The interviewer’s rejection of me was so instant and blatant, and happened in front of several people… I never had a chance to bring up my success doing similar work for over eight years. All I really wanted was the opportunity to be considered for my actual qualifications and experience, not someone’s preconceptions of what it means to be blind.”

Such alleged conduct violates the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), which requires employers to make reasonable accommodations to employees or applicants with disabilities unless it would pose an undue hardship. After an investigation conducted by EEOC investigator Bill Benedict and after first attempting to reach a pre-litigation settlement through conciliation, the EEOC filed the lawsuit EEOC v. Sentry Credit, Inc. (Case No. CV-09-0147 MJP).

Under the terms of the consent decree settling the suit, Sentry Credit will pay Reith $55, 000, post a notice in the workplace concerning the company’s commitment to complying with the ADA, institute training on preventing disability di scrimination and report to the EEOC any disability discrimination complaints that arise for the next three years.

EEOC San Francisco Regional Attorney William R. Tamayo said, “Sentry’s refusal to consider accommodating Cheryl Reith turned out to be a huge loss to the company. Ms. Reith had excelled at very similar and even more demanding work with her previous employer with a modest accommodation. Had management at Sentry given Reith the opportunity to prove herself, they would have been rewarded with a very skilled and loyal employee.”

Seattle Field Director Luis Lucero added, “According to a 2009 study by the Job Accommodation Network, 56 percent of accommodations cost absolutely nothing to make, while the rest typically cost only about $600. The study also shows that most employers report financial benefits from providing accommodations due to a reduction in the cost of training new employees, a reduction in the cost of insurance, and an increase in worker productivity. With so much to gain, it is well worth it for an employer to comply with the ADA and consider if there is an accommodation that will allow an applicant or employee with a disability to get the job done.”

The EEOC enforces federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Further information about the EEOC is available on its web site at www.eeoc.gov.

fuck ups
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   WOW1234 0 Votes
THIS IT PART OF SENTRY CREDITS MISSION STATEMENT

"Sentry Credit offers an opportunity to all, from every walk of life, to achieve financial security in a positive environment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.

john you idiot
84 TRACY SHEELER Everett Collector 425-740-5576
85 LEE EICHELBERGER Everett Collector 425-740-5581
Main Menu
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   mkhayes 0 Votes
Ha John, you are funny! Talk about a ploy to get poor little Rachel to call you! Well, I do know for a fact that it is ILLEGAL for your company to call a place of employment and your company has done that and was really rude and harrassing to me on the phone. So, if you continue to call places of employment, I know we will be turning your company in. We have nothing to do with your problem and have more important things to do than answer phone calls from the likes of your company.
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   Dabd2468 0 Votes
I had such a horrible experience today with this company. I am still in shock as to how I was spoken to. I wound up having to hang up on the representative due to how rude and ugly she spoke to me. I was still so upset that I wound up calling the credit card company that I am in collections with just to get the number to sentry to call back and complain about the representative I spoke to. Lucky me she was the one to answer. So I started out just calmly asking if this was the way all employees were trained or if she was having a bad day. She would get loud and abrupt and over power the conversation. I reluctantly asked to speak to a supervisor and just as I had expected she treated me the same. She stated that it was their job to resolve the issue therefore suggest options to help. I was never once during any of the three conversations kindly offered options. I was attacked and talked down to. There was zero I mean ZERO profesionalism. I just could not believe my ears, I mean I had heard of this but never I mean never has anyone ever spoken to me this way. I am currently unemployed with two children and a sick husband who can not work. After they disected every bit of my income I was asked what I was spending my last one hundred dollars a month remaining on. Let me just say this...I have fallen on hard times and am just trying to keep my head above the water and not lose my home. I had every intention on paying off my debt once things settled. Now after the way I was spoken to and treated as if I was no more that doggy doo under their shoes I have to say I may just be content with destroyed credit than to ever give them a penny!!!
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   paul Wall Rich 0 Votes
They keep calling my cell, and leaving a voice mail...looking for a different person other than myself..a female..i'm guessing the previous owner of the phone number. despite my voice mail clearly identifying myself..and the fact that i'm a male.

is there a way to get them to stop calling me?
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   J.L... 0 Votes
I was called by this number and the person only reveled her self as Chelsea from Sentry asking for a name that was close to mine but not correct. I've received a similar debt collection call for the same name before but what is concerning is that when directly asked, "Chelsea" flat out lied to me about being a debt collector. I will report the phone call and I suggest that nobody trust what this person says.
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   InnocentByeStander 0 Votes
I keep getting calls from this company asking me to go bother a neighbor I don't even know who owes them money. They want me to "relay a message for them"! You gotta be sh*tting me! Since when was I on your payroll!? So unprofessional and I should not be bothered since I pay my bills on time!
 19th of Jun, 2011 by   spike_8705 0 Votes
This number has called me repeatedly for the last couple of weeks telling me i owe them money for a pud bill from a year ago that i already paid. my roommate at the time has a record of all the checks written and cashed for the specific bill. the woman that i talked to was extremely short and demanding and told me that i had to have everything paid by 8 pm that night. i told her i would talk to my roommate and call her back. any time i have called back the number she gave, it goes straight to voicemail and it is hours before she returns my call. i told her i would have my roommate call with verification of all payments but my roommates calls all go ignored and unanswered and the woman is becoming more and more demanding that i pay the bill by a specific time and date.
 16th of Jan, 2013 by   Bates71400 0 Votes
Sentry Credit 425-740-5709 as of today 1/16/2013 keeps calling my number requesting to speak to a person who is not at my home. I have requested that they not call anymore and update their information. My phone number is only 2 weeks new and I have received over 20 calls from them. I get calls from 7am to 8pm at night. When I am not home they never leave any messages. According to CA LAW this collection agency is violating some laws. First of, the 7am hour of calling should not be happening as that hour is prohibited by the law. Second, they provided information on someone to me such as full name, date of birth, and social security number which is violation of federal laws. They can not give out that information to anyone unless the person they are speaking to says they are that person and they verify the info. Seems like this Sentry Credit thinks they can do anything they want. Right now I will be doing a dispute with State of Ca Attorney General's office and contact the Federal Commision Office as well. These people messed with the wrong person...FYI...I'm a Prosecutor for Orange County.
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   jp877 0 Votes
they call my work cell phone at least 4 times a day regardless of me telling them the number they are calling is a work number, nobody leaves a vmail so i dont answer or return the call i am reporting sentry for refusing to respect my wishes. the most fucked up thing is i dont even owe them any money!!!
 16th of Mar, 2014 by   CC Collie 0 Votes
This is the most unprofessional company that I have ever dealt with. They call my home and cell phone questioning me about my personal information. I have received calls from 937-684-9158 and 425-740-5400 and 937-684-9080 and 937-684-9137 and 805-408-8103 and 513-401-6105. Give me a break! I have no clue what debt they are talking about and when I tell them not to call again they break the law and call with a different number. When I question them they say that it is a matter which they are unable to give information. The lady that called yesterday was a real tool who said that she would take me out of their system then hung up and immediately called my cell phone. Talk about harassment this company needs to learn how to work and deal with honest people if they wish to collect any debt that is owed. I don't think that threatening or accusing is going to win my heart. As far as I'm concerned any creditor that I have dealt with has been paid in full and if I owed anyone any amount I should have been billed by now. My advice is to report this company to all authorities you can because they have every one's personal information and who knows what they are doing with it. I know I'm going to. If a company is legitimate they send a bill to your home and not collect actual money over the phone. Don't give this company any bank or credit card information because they have shown me how professional they are not.
 17th of Jun, 2014 by   BJCH 0 Votes
Those jerks called my ten year old phone & threatened her. I want to take action. they have no right to threaten a child That's abuse

Prepaid Credit Card Costs