logo

Free Trial Rip Off

SENSA
California
trysensa.com
Beware! SENSA free trial is a rip-off! In fact, it costs you $4.95 MORE than if you had just ordered it in the beginning. After 30 days the regular charge of $89.95 appears on your credit card. This is for the FREE introductory order with a two-month supply. Then 30 days later they bill you again--this time for months 3 and 4. And they proclaim you're only billed every 60 days. So the free trial costs $89.95 PLUS $4.95, and the following shipments cost $89.95. And I gained weight using it!! ( which they say often happens but will reverse with time...well, time is UP!)
Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2009 by   TWalker9 0 Votes
The "FREE TRIAL" is a scam. Another fine print bait and switch no doubt. The only way you get "FREE" is if you return the product unopened without using it!

I recieved multiple emails from them claiming my order was never processed and my card somehow did not go through, so fine I thought.
I will do without Sensa I didn't care much either way. I talkded to a rep on the phone and she assured me my order was not processed. I ordered originally because it was "free" except for shipping. 2 days before Christmas it shows up on my door! I look at my card and it was charged the 4.95. Fine I'll just cancel now.

I go on the Sensa web site and it states now clearly in "my account" : You can use it and pay or send it back to us and not get charged next month.

What exactly is free?!! Scam Sensa Sensa Scam Sensa free trial scam (nice keywords dontcha think:-)

Yes I will pay to ship it back and yes I will post all over every bulletin I can find Sensa Free trial scam rip off. I would say I could stop at least several hundred people from buying Sensa and that is the price you pay for free trail fine print bait and switch tactics.
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   D58 0 Votes
Yes I agree, What are our rights!!! What exactly is free. What a scam.
The best thing to do is what I did. Report your card lost and get another card.
I have learned a hard lesson. Never again.
SD
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   MuddyGurl 0 Votes
OH crap, I just ordered the sample, after debating on it, and it has not arrived yet. will call my CC company tomorrow, and see if I can reverse or stop the charges. I dont even want it now, wish I had checked it out sooner as I did with some other products I had seen advertised both online and on TV.
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   jaytee10 0 Votes
well sensa worked fine for me, i lost 15 lbs because i couldnt by food because i had to cancel my credit card in order to get my money back..i lost weight and didnt even open the package, so i say its a good product if you want to get ripped off
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   delirious453808 0 Votes
It's a free trial period. They are not giving the stuff away for free. They let you try it without charging you for the product. If you like it and decide to keep it, they charge you for it. I don't think I ever read anywhere that they are giving away free samples of the stuff. So yes you get charged after your 30 day trial for the 2 month of product they sent you. 30 days later is the start of your next 2 months which you will then be billed for. After that you shouldn't see another bill for the next 60 days. Obviously if you feel it didn't work for you during the first 30 days, call them and tell them you are not satisfied. This is not a bait and switch or a scam.
 13th of Aug, 2010 by   Jagiem +1 Votes
No this is a real bait and switch deceptive advertisement for a product that may or may not work. Nothing is up front here and everything was hidden for the trial offer. This is a very unethical company with unethical people running it. Try to get your money back and you get teh usual we noever processed your card comment. Funny, I can see the charges on-line. This company should be barred from doing business.
 24th of Nov, 2010 by   loislace111 0 Votes
I so glad i read this first i was getting readyto order. thanks
 25th of Dec, 2010 by   CONRAD GAITHER 0 Votes
Hi my name is Conrad Gaither.I got my free trial i stop the order an i wos charged $90.00 UNAUTHORIZED ON MY CREDIT CARD without my AUTHORIZATION!!!.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   Wilhelm1979 0 Votes
Another Victim of the Sensa Scam. hey charge your credit card without a proper consent form to aurhotize recurring billing. They need to have the bigegst class action suit published against them and return all the overdraft fees incurred by anyone who was duped by thier unlawful billing practice.
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   clbowman11 +1 Votes
Just get a prepaid card they can't take out what's not there. anything you order from tv you should always get a prepaid card. problem solved.
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   Mynameisaborat +1 Votes
I agree with clbowman11, great idea bud
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   moodie74 0 Votes
I tried canceling SENSA on their website and kept getting these discounted offfers if I stayed a customer. Eventually I was offered to keep the trial and only pay like $55 and change. Now SENSA emails me the other day in a threatening tone saying if I don't pay the $90 they will send me to collection. I think they outta check their site before threatening anyone. Bad thing is I never received a confirmation I did this. THAT is how they get you. Sorry SENSA you're not getting more than I agreed to pay.
 1st of Jan, 2012 by   Joe Quest 0 Votes
I got people calling me saying I owe them for that first month and that I CANNOT return the unopened product. They say there was small print in the web page where I ordered but did anybody see that? I didn't. Who sells a supply with a sample. The sample is for me to see if I can to proceed. Isn't this deceptive marketing? Is there a class action suit coming about this. We have to do something.
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   jjtnt 0 Votes
i so agree i was thinking about getting free trial customer service came on to chat i said i'm looking for price on website after free trial she said small shipping if you like it will be 89.95 i said is that per month after free trial she then repeated what she said previous not answering my question then she ended chat - what a crock something smells fishy
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   Annie60 +1 Votes
I'm so glad I read all these comments... THANK YOU ALL for saving me my $$$$$$$...
The lesson here is just(JUST) eat less, walk more and FEEL YOUR CLOTHES GET LOOSER& LOOSER &by summer u will feel like a MILLION;) thank you;)
 24th of Apr, 2012 by   SusieT 0 Votes
Total scam. I was charged $96.62 for additional product I never received. They refused to refund me the money and I have reported them to my credit card company who hopefully can get me a credit.
 25th of Aug, 2012 by   CDSimon 0 Votes
I just received a call from their credit department because the original credit card I used was compromised. They were calling to get the new number to process the $106 fee. I told them I would not authorize the payment and the individual threatened to put it into collection and my credit would suffer. I didn't read, obviously, the fine print. I haven't lost anything and I am not sure I will ever lose any weight on it. I bought month 2 at COSTCO for much cheaper. Will give it a try. I'll let you know if it goes into collection.
 1st of Nov, 2012 by   stop whining already 0 Votes
People would complain if a company cured cancer...it is not bait and switch IF YOU CAN READ
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   TeresaLynn69 +1 Votes
I was thinking of ordering Sensa till I saw this site. I am thankful for all the comments. Thanks! Think I will pass on this just because the cost is not up front!
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   TeresaLynn69 0 Votes
Was thinking of ordering Sensa, but I will pass after seeing this site. I don't like that their not more honest in their billing. Thank you to everyone for their comments. I will keep trying the old fashion way!

5 Tips For Buying Jewelry