logo

Bravofly
Travel Agent Nightmare
2. (1 mins ago)
Butterball Bullies-Dogue de Bordeaux
Failure to honor health certificate
3. (1 mins ago)
1800loanmart
loan sharking
4. (2 mins ago)
Acai Berry Pure
Unortorized charge
5. (2 mins ago)
Alisan Bus
Alisan bus wasted passengers time

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    sbwalker

Free Trial not Free

Sensa
California
I was invited to receive a two month free trial of Sensa, just pay the postage (that is how they get the credit card number.) Then they charged me $98.00 for that "free" trial saying I had to return it in 30 days for it to be free. Pretty misleading don't you think?

They would not refund my card. So I put the product up on eBay to try to recoup some of the money. Each time I post it, they have eBay take it down saying it is fraudulent.

Don't do business with this company. If the product really worked, they would not have these agressive business tactics.
Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Nov, 2009 by   E-Shopper123 +1 Votes
Sensa is defintely a fraudulent company. I ordered "free sample" and never opened it. Got charge for full product and when I called immediately they said too late to return it. Luckily I was able to dispute on my bill and my cradit card company got it fixed.
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   TWalker9 +1 Votes
Me too what a scam! Supposedly I could pay to return it and they wouldn't charge me. What is free? You can't use it, in fact you have to pay to return it without touching it. They know they are dirty how can they live with themselves?

Fine print bait and switch tactics like this make me sick. They justify their dirty deeds by claiming they told customers "somewhere in the fine print".

My package came (they told me it wasn't going to actually go through for 2 weeks, a tactic I bet was designed to take up 2 weeks in my trial period ) . I didn't even realize it was from Sensa because it didn't say so on the shipping label.

Either you get a free trail or you don't. In this case YOU DO NOT.

It came from:

Intelligent Beauty
28516 Livingson Ave.
Valencia, CA. 91355
 14th of Jan, 2010 by   luluplayin +1 Votes
A lot of companies online these days use the gimmick, "free trial" which means you will get charged the full amount if you don't return it. I did it with the Acai berry diet thing...which didn't work for me. My question is, does Sensa work?
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   terru +1 Votes
like the other complaintants, i did give my credit care # to pay 'shipping charges' for a 'free sample'. then i found a charge for $89.95 on my bill. when i saw the notice that they would send the next shipment automatically, i called them and told them i did not want any more, that i wanted to cancel. they assured me that it would be cancelled. the credit card company would not allow me to refuse the charge, but i am fighting that.

i wrote to them, and got a mealy mouthed reply, but they asked me to call. i called and got a lowlevel clerk, who would not let me speak to anyone else, and who gave me the same line. i will continue to call and write to them.

i have sent my correspondence with sensa to the ny state ag, and i urge others to do the same in their states.. this is fraud.
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   Bickersuns63 +1 Votes
Whenever you are interested in a "free" trial, please get a prepaid VISA card for the exact amount the shipping and handling is. This way they can not charge your credit card for the next or next or next shipment. I had problems before and was one of the lucky ones and got my money back. If you never return the remaining amount then they lose and not you, not that I would do this or recommend it but at least when you call for the RMA they will be more than glad to help you.
 7th of Jun, 2010 by   Carlsbad, ca +1 Votes
This really concerns me, I'm already trying to get in touch to cancel and I'm having a problem. I hope they don't try any funny business on me, I won't put up with it . I don't think my bank will either... I realized it wasn't going to make a
difference in my weight loss in two weeks. Bah! to using
Sensa. Waste of money and people should know about it!!
Carlsbad, CA
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   teleman +1 Votes
SENSA does NOT offer free trial - Cost me 89.95 to learn this - Don't be scammed
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   pureatheartndn 0 Votes
WOW! 2 CAN pLAY THIS GAME!I just shut off my card today thru my bank ...let "em try to charge it again! Such tactics should be banned ~ was supposed to be charged $7.95 & have a free trial ...CHECKED MY BANK W/I 1 MINUTE & WAS CHARGED $89.98.PATHETIC BUSINESS...WHAT LOSERS...SCAMMERS.
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   Porterville CA. +1 Votes
Sensa is a ripoff. We decided to send the product back when we saw that their free offer was not free. We were charged shipping fees and then one package after another came and we rejected it at the Post Office. Since the Post Office does not make it a policy to give out a receipt for rejected mail Sensa can lie and get away with it. Then we started seeing all these charges on our Charge card. We challenged the charges but Sensa lied and said they did not get the products back in time. We are now being charged $197.00 dollars by Sensa and they have their products back. We filed a complaint with the BBB and that still did not help because Sensa comes up with a lie saying they got the products back much later than their 30 day cut off. They have their products and can stiff some other person and at the same time we are being charged. They even lied to our Credit Card Company and even though they have fought with them I am being ripped off by this company.

I wish there could be a class action suit against this fraudulant company. They need to be put out of business. If there is anyone reading this message we need to come up with something to fight this dirty company.
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   RachaelB 0 Votes
I almost decided to get the "free" trial - but then thought I would research first - so glad I did!

Things like this make me so mad! I think if someone will be willing to get the "free" trial and document every little thing - and when you send the product back - make sure you mail it to where you can track it when they receive it - then you will know for a fact they did - and maybe that would prove something.

I wouldn't tell Sensa that you returned with tracking - I would just play "dumb" to see if they lie about when they received it. If they do - not only do you have a case, but everyone else in the world who has fallen for their trap.

You could even make a free website about it - get people to join (even Facebook) and that would prove their fraudulence as well - especially if there's so many, and there are!

I hate that this happens - when a business does a customer so wrong. It's so hard to trust these days. So sad.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   Dan Suthers Jr. 0 Votes
There will never be a "magic weight loss product"...ever. So, shame on you for falling for that gimmick. Get out and exercise and eat less…that’s how you lose weight…period. 2) Most if not all TV commercials offer the “try it free for “x” amount of days, and just pay for shipping today”. But, you ARE informed during the processing of ALL orders as per FTC federal mandates, rules and regulations imposed upon companies that if you don’t return the product within 30 days you WILL incur further charges, or shipments of additional products. 3) Whenever your emotionally driven by excitement to try/buy something: You have to simply LISTEN to the sales agent and not let your emotions overcome you in wanting the product. Instead ask questions first, before you decide to give them your credit card number or process it through an internet order to insure you understand what you are agreeing to. You’re in complete control over your purchase. If you give your credit card number to anyone without first REVIWING your order to COMFIRM you UNDERSTAND and AGREE to the terms and conditions of the sale shame on you again. I do have to say that the commercial for this product is very catchy, and that is why I DIDN’T buy the product. Buyers rule number one: If it ever sounds “too good to be true”…..than it most likely is. DON’T BUY IT! Safe shopping people…
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   paty cobos 0 Votes
oh my god, i think i really make a mistake..i just purchase this product and iam surprize with all this complaints. and is true i was going to try the free sample and they charge me $89 . i dont know what to do...this is my first time buying a diet thing.. cus i always do exercises and lower my calories. plus i have a diet soup that is effective you loose 17 pound in one week. but i saw this commercial and i thougth is good to be true.. but they caught me...
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   Becky4U 0 Votes
I know someone who works there and I know for a fact this company is a complete rip off and they treat their employees like sh*t!!! They get your credit card number and bill you. Good luck getting your money back! And to make things worse, it doesn't even work!
 17th of Dec, 2010 by   marie kennedy 0 Votes
to whom it may concern cancel my order it was supposed to be 9.99 for shipping and handling.My name is marie kennedy 8425 pershing ave niagara falls ny 14304.I do not want take it off my master card asap.Did not recieve it nor do I want this heard company scams people.
 17th of Dec, 2010 by   marie kennedy 0 Votes
take off sensa on my charge card I do not want
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   stephine 0 Votes
So sad that half of the adult population cant read terms and cond..or better yet just to lazy..pretty sad how you blame a company thats the number 1 online seller and that does not happen if its all about fraud. People quit pointing fingers your the problem your the one who is placing the order if your to lazy to read the terms adk about the terms your fault if your billed after a trial period ends..Trial does not mean free it means something you can try for a period of time...DOES NOT SAY FREE SAMPLE ..YOU CANT READ EITHER.. the joke is on you not the company
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   Mr TravelWell +1 Votes
It should be clear to anyone with an IQ north of 50 that Sensa's business practices are misleading at best. If the product met the claims the company was making, it would not object to taking returns from customers for a product still in its original packaging. Instead their practice is to dodge, weave, prevaricate and hope that most consumers will just take it on the chin. As it happens their assessment is correct, but they should be ashamed that their revenues are the product of sleaziness rather than customer service. When your business plan is based on predatory behaviors you should not be allowed to be in business. Eventually these clowns will disappear having made a significant amount od dirty money. Good luck to them, Stephine and othes that shill on their behalf.
 19th of Feb, 2011 by   mary bledsoe 0 Votes
I have alot I want to slow the shipment down
 19th of Feb, 2011 by   mary bledsoe 0 Votes
I have so much of the product I wish to slow the shipment down a little
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   Lori13753 0 Votes
I want to say Thank You, I almost ordered the product's "free trail". I'm curious thou, has anyone out there who was "stuck" with the product, tried it ? Are all of their testamonials completely false ?

Protection Not Worth Paying For