logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
2. (11 mins ago)
Isagenix
This blender is absolutely useless
3. (13 mins ago)
SCAM! Beware!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sell My TimeShare Now Complaints & Reviews - Buyer, seller beware!

Sell My TimeShare Now Contacts & Informations

Sell My TimeShare Now

Posted:    Valerie

Buyer, seller beware!

In May 2006 I listed my time share for sale with "Sell My TimeShare Now". I shopped three companies before deciding, but went with this company because of the service and advice I received during my inquiries.

They did a market analysis on my time share and told me that based on recent sales of the same or equivalent properties I should list my unit for $5,500 I was told that this was the average sale price and it should sell quickly if I don't increase that price. I agreed to their recommendation and paid the $497 fee and listed it for $5,500.

I received NO inquiries or correspondence, so in August 2006 I contacted them again. I expressed my concern and desire to sell the time share quickly. They told me that the unit was priced fairly but if I reduced it, they would sell it quickly. I agreed to reduced the listing to $3,500.

They insisted I would get immediate action. It is now December and I have still never received and inquiry of any kind for my unit.

This company is misrepresenting itself to customers. They talk a great game but DELIVER NOTHING. They impress you with Market studies but they give you nothing in writing. All they want is your $497.00 then they are done. They tell you what you want to hear to extort the $497 from you and then good luck.

This company is a "SCAM", they claim to be biggest and they deliver NOTHING.
BUYER, SELLER BEWARE !!!!

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jun, 2008 by   youshouldknow 0 Votes
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT. THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY!
 19th of Jun, 2008 by   youshouldknow 0 Votes
You might want to go to the BBB. If they said it would sell within a certain timeframe, they lied. Make a complaint at www.BBB.com. I think you will be interested in what you find...
 9th of Dec, 2008 by   Steve 0 Votes
Hello Evelyn - I am the Director of Communications for Sell My Timeshare Now and am concerned about your comments regarding our company. As it is impossible to review your situation without more details, please feel free to contact us at 1-877-815-4227 or email us at customercare@sellmytimesharenow.com so we can review your case. Sincerely, Steve Luba
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Vincent Marchesano 0 Votes
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH Sell My Timeshare NOW, LLC !!!

Sell My Timeshare NOW, LLC uses fraudulent sales tactics and doesn’t deliver anything they promise. I was told that they had a team of sales associates who were motivated to sell my timeshare. They don’t earn any money unless they sell my timeshare, therefore they will initiate aggressive marketing efforts to sell my timeshare in 120 days or less or my money back.

Well their “aggressive Marketing effort” consists of simply placing your timeshare for sale on their website. They will dazzle you with a fraudulent sales pitch and make big promises but the bottom line is; you will see your timeshare on their website along with all the other people who fell for their fraudulent tactics with no other effort to sell your timeshare.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   vacation lady 0 Votes
I used them and even though it was many months, my timeshare was sold by this company...due dilligence is in place of course. This is a legitimate resale company. Most consumers simply are unaware of all the marketing aspects and not to mention, the closing process pertaining to the buying & selling of a timeshare. It is real estate in most cases. Also, people might be looking to get their money asap and then accuse this company of doing that. This company will work for you if you educate yourself. Good luck and happy buying and vacationing!
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   POOK 0 Votes
I am glad I checked complaints about sellmytimesharenow.com, as I have recently had contact with them, and for $650.00 canadian dollars they will advertise my timeshare for whatever price I want. I was also told that after paying this fee, if I happen to sell it myself, they would refund me this fee. I dont believe that for one moment. So I did a little bit of homework. Well, lets put it this way, Im going to sell it on kijiji myself.
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   SuJoy 0 Votes
So why have none of the complainers here submitted a complaint to the BBB. I just visited their website and there is no listing for this company. If there were complaints, wouldn't there be? Or does the company itself have to register and become a member? If so, why hasn't SelllMyTimeShareNow joined the BBB?

I have been considering doing business with them, but after being burned by Copeland Marketing who was supposed to rent out my timeshare and didn't bring one single offer in over 2 1/2 years of 'listing', I'm quite gun-shy.

Anyone want to rent a timeshare? No agents. July 25-August 1st, Silver Lake Resort. 1 bedroom (may be two, can check) full kitchen. Sleeps 6 - 2 privately. $900 (which is what it cost us, not including our yearly maintenance fees). Not being greedy, just trying to get out of it. We made the reservation for a friend, with the understanding that we could cancel, and then were told by RCI that we could only CHANGE not cancel. I can't stand RCI and have had many problems with them over the years.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   majohnson 0 Votes
We have always felt ripped off since we bought our timeshares - yes, we were stupid twice! Is there any honest, get the job done timeshare sales or just these scammers? We have never found an honest one yet that could really sell ours. Guess we are stuck like the rest of you in the victim role...
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   markThompson947 +1 Votes
SELLMYTIMESHARENOW.com earned a D Rating by the BBB

SELLMYTIMESHARENOW.com is not a BBB Accredited Business.
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   Cdestienne 0 Votes
I vehemently agree with this complaint!!! The salesperson promised that my timeshare would sell within three months time. It has been well over a year, the price has been dropped thousands of dollars and not one single inquiry has been made into my timeshare. When I contacted them ( Sell My Timeshare Now.com) about the refund, they stated that I had entered into some contract that put strict stipulations in regards to my refund.: another company must sell my timeshare at or higher than the price advertised on their website. I have the original email sent to me and there is no mention of any type of contract or any type of condition. The sale took place over the phone and of course they do not record them so there is no evidence of their misleading sales tactics. This company is devoid of morals and common decency. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   Poocgie 0 Votes
I listed my timeshare with Remax. paid $500, 2 years has passed and still nothing from Remax. Remax told me they could sell my timeshare with no problem. I got ripped off by Remax. I feel so stupid that I trusted these people. It's just been good money after bad with this time share.
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   Poocgie 0 Votes
I paid Remax $500 to sell my timeshare and never heard another word from them. It was a blatent ripoff. That was 2 years ago.
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   kimey 0 Votes
Thank you for sharing your comments. In the past few weeks I have been speaking with sell my time share.
As I stated to the sales representive, I have concerns about paying an up front fee of $698 USD. As a result, I asked if I could pay this fee on completion of the sale. Of course their answer was NO.
So who do I sell through??
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   zax 0 Votes
We went with this company also, it was on Good Morning America as the best company to sell timeshares. this claim was made by one of their real estate guest speakers. We have tried to sell and went with company due to the fact they were on GMA. I would think that a program like GMA would also do back ground info on company before allowing to be used on their program
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   Paid for and still expensive 0 Votes
I checked with them about selling my timeshare. My timeshare is with Wyndham @ Smoky Mountains. I've owned it for over 10 years. I spoke with the Wyndham reps about the value of my timeshare. They said that the very same package that I own sells today for $12, 500. Boy would I love to get that for it.
The rep from Sellmytimesharenow.com told me that based on thier information that my timeshare would sell for between $12, 000 and $15, 000. This sounded very promising and I was excited to sell, especially if I could get anything close to $12, 000.
He said $499.00 and they would list it until it sells and if I sell it on my own then I get the $499.00 refunded back to me.
Well I searched thier website for timeshares for sale that were exactly like mine, same resort and everything. I found several and some were priced as low as $5, 500.
I questioned him about this and he said that the owner can set the price lower for a quick sale and that's why some were on there for a very low price, but he said that he's sure that any of those shown at low prices are already sold and the website just hasn't been updated, Bla bla bla bla bla bla...Bla bla bla, he said.
I told him that I didn't need to spend the money right now and he offered to take $300.00 now and the other $200.00 later. That was very nice of him to offer that to me...What a great guy he was. lol
I did not buy into it and I'm not going to. I mean, if they actually found a buyer then it definately would be worth the $500.00 for them to take care of the transfer and all of the paperwork, but it doesn't cost them very much at all to ad your timeshare listing to thier website and once it gets listed, then they don't give it any more thought. If somebody sees it and wants it then that's great, but if nobody ever buys it... well then, for them that's great too because they've already got your $500.00
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   selling timeshare 0 Votes
so noone knows of a legitimate timeshare reselling agency?
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   j v owens 0 Votes
I think it is the same with all timeshare companies. I live in the UK and were having the same problem here. Once youve got a time share your basically stuck with it, ive been trying to sell ours for the last 3 years. Good luck
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   Tosinn Sammon 0 Votes
http://escapetimeshare.com/selling-a-timeshare/ has some useful info on getting out.
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   Sarah Taylor 0 Votes
dddd
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   Sarah Taylor 0 Votes
I have also been burned by numerous companies but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I live in Ontario Canada and purchased a westgate timeshare in orlando about 6 years ago. I of course bought it at westgate where they pulled me in with free incentives and to make a long story short I purchased a timeshare I didn't need. Just like most of the stories above I paid a handful of listing companies. Here is a short list of them: GMAC, Timeshares Only, Timeshares by Owner, and Timeshare Goldline. All of these companies said the same thing "We will get your timeshare rented/sold for this much"...and all of them did the exact same thing...nothing. Let's just say I lost a lot of money with these listing companies. We all have fallen for great sales pitches and for the most part that is what you pay for a great sales pitch. All of these companies just give you advertising and that is what you pay for...problem is they make it seem like it will sell but that is what we want to hear...Well the good news is that I did finally get rid of my timeshare. I got a call about 6 months ago from Timeshare Sell Now, not to be confused with Sell my Timeshare Now. I of course was skeptical as everyone should be when getting these calls. When they called me the first time they were just looking to see if I still had the property and if I still wanted to sell. Basically, what they did was match a buyer with my property. Families that are looking to buy timeshares go straight to them where they then find the properties and match them up. When they match the families with the properties they put the family through financing to see if they are approved. If the family is approved they make them sign a right to rescission form which ensures that the family cannot back out of the sale. The only thing I paid to get out of the timeshare was my transfer fees which came out to about 1, 600. Bottom line is I had to come down on what I originally wanted for the timeshare but it was completely worth it considering how the economy is right now. You also have to keep in mind that when you are not using the timeshare you are still paying maintenance fees and that can be costly after a couple of years. So my advice is to research the companies you are dealing with and you will not get scammed. I will not leave Timeshare Sell Now's number but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Here is there website: Timesharesellnow.com Good Luck out there...

Consumer Tips for Saving Money !

Latest Groups