logo

Ross Dress For Less
Dont EVER work here!!!
3. (0 mins ago)
Direct General Auto Insurance
customer dis satisfied of insurance coverage not legit
4. (9 mins ago)
Fox TV Sports
Score box off the screen
5. (11 mins ago)
Zoosk
the say free. and you cant reieve orsend emails

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Selene Finance, Houston, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Helping people stay in thier homes

Selene Finance Contacts & Informations

Selene Finance

Posted:    Sallyliveshere

Helping people stay in thier homes

Selene Finance
9990 Richmond Avenue, Suite 100
Houston, Texas
Phone: 1-877-735-3637
selenefinance.com
"Founded in 2007 to address specific needs in the mortgage industry, Selene is a special servicer providing creative loan resolution strategies designed to preserve homeownership. Keeping borrowers in their homes is our primary objective." (taken from thier website)

Not in my case they acted like they were going to help us instead they got in found out what our house was worth and did not do anything to help us save our home just told us "There is nothing we can do to help you" "Although We can do a quick sale to avoid foreclosure" "
Some Special service they provide keeping us in our home was NOT thier primary objective. In factwe felt like they wanted us out. Even after we told them we had the money to pay them .They would sound surprised and add on another fee. Thank you for nothing Selene Finance!
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2009 by   totallyliedto 0 Votes
They did the same thing to us.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   Ray_one 0 Votes
I agree with you 100%.
They did the same thing with us tricked us into BPO and said exactly the same words to the TEE.
Just don't cooperate with these morons and use every legal means to defend yourself. Letting them do a BPO is a big mistake.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   Stefan123 -1 Votes
This is silly. no one needs permission to do a broker price opinion on a house - people want to live for free in their house - why? if you signed a mortgage, pay it. if you can't or won't then sell the house and rent.
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   n1ll0 -1 Votes
just because they were not able to help you doesnt mean they are lying. According to several articles I have read about them, their main business model is to SIGNIFICANTLY lower the mortgage principal balance in order to reverse negative equity and counsel families on their credit situation to keep them paying on the (reduced) mortgage balance. There are a lot of different factors that determine if a family can pay a monthly mortgage payment though and sometimes just reducing the principal and credit counseling are not enough. some times a family just cannot afford to stay in a house. The service they are offering is a direct solution to the whole mortgage problem we have gotten ourselves into so, while I have not worked with them personally, their idea seems to be a pretty good one to me. keep families in their homes if possible and keep creditors receiving revenue benefits everyone.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   jacksaa 0 Votes
Selene Finance is bunch of Crooks. They have done the same to so many other homeowners.
They purchased our loan from Citibank for pennies on the dollar. They contacted us and were very nice and said that they want to modify our loan. They sent an appraiser to our house to see the condition of the house and evaluate it.
After we sent them all our paperwork they called and said that they will not give us any modification. Based ion their calculation at 6% we could not qualify for the modification.
The only option that we have is to short sale or foreclose. They said they will even give us money to move out. They are just trying to steal the house from under us.
I asked if I can try to work out a plan to pay my back payment of 5 month and they said “no”. Wither take our offer or we Foreclose. I told them that I am only 5 months behind and they can not foreclose. They told us that they can do anything they want.
This is the kind of service these Crooks are offering.
Do not take their offer to help. They are just trying to find out how much your house is worth and then steal it.
I am contacting an attorney to fight them tooth and nail.
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   mrtgsense 0 Votes
"jacksaa", they do not buy your mortgage but rather buying the servicing rights. What most do not understand is where the servicer makes their money. Servicers make their in the fees that are charged. So yes I do agree that fees can get out of control but show me anywhere in today's economy that does not do the same.

Investors "never" make money on foreclosure. There are just too many people to pay once a house sells. Not to mention that even if a BPO shows a value of 200k they will most likely sell it at a 20-30% loss. Since the vast majority of people financed their home with little down it pushes the sell into a loss column everytime.

Bottomline, if they offered to help it merely means they are willing to see if you have the ability to continue paying once you have received relieve. So, if they offered to help and then were unable to I am 99.5% sure that your financial position has not gotten better.
 13th of May, 2010 by   waltfreakindisney 0 Votes
They don't care either way, whoever they bought the servicing rights from already got paid from insurance policies betting on folks to default.

THEY ARE ALL CROOKS AND FOR YOU BONEHEADS WHO KEEP SAYING "PAY YOUR BILLS"... keep paying yours knucklehead.
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   jernest 0 Votes
Selene is the most unprofessional place I have ever delt with. Starting with their phone system that will not let you talk to a person unless you put in a wrong extion 4 times, then it will transfer you to a person, but you have to figure that out on your own. They have had me explain my problem 8 times to 8 different people in the company, and a different person calls me every few days. I have told them what I can afford, which is more than what they have said they are gonna short sell it to someone else for. This place is just plane full of BS!
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   athies -1 Votes
Selene Finance said that they could short sale our house and give us 3, 000-10, 000 to relocate...does anyone know if this is true?
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   athies 0 Votes
Selene Finance offered me a short sale and said that when the house sold they will give us 3, 000-10, 000 to relocate...does anyone know if this is true?
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   Granga 0 Votes
Selene Finance is the worst company in the world to deal with why do they want our homes when we can make the payments if they get you back on track. My mother had a very bad hardship and they still wouldn't help her and she is 78 years old with 2 kids 13 & 16 how about that for helping. The guy by the name of Kevin he is ruthless threatened my mother and told her all kinds of crap and I had to rush her to the hospital because of the these he said. I don't know how he sleeps at night. I hope the asshole does and one of the days it will happen to him and then he will be in our shoes and no one will help him. What comes around goes around.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   concernedfamily 0 Votes
Selene Finance is full of deception and falisifing promises. Offering suggestions of what to do which only leads to causing deeper problems in making your situation worse and in an attempt to make it easier for them to foreclose on your property. In the beginning they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside (Yes that would be you Kevin...) making small talk, calling you all the time, and assure you that their goal is to place you in a more affordable mortagage when apparently their attempt is to do an appraisal to find out how much equity exists in your home. Once they find out the actual equity in your home they bully and try to force those that don't understand their rights out of their home. Now their story changes...saying, sorry, we can't help you, your home is worth too much! Or you don't qualify, after you have already committed time and effort to them and they have promised to have everything wrapped up within 30 days! Ultimately attempting to destroy your credit so that you cannot go elswhere for another loan! Then you are stuck with this BS scam whose sole purpose was to steal your home in the first place and NOT help you, just to find out how much they can make on your home when they sell it in a short sale or Sheriff's foreclosure. We all need to band together and take LEGAL ACTION against this corrupt group of scam artists that pray on trusting families. By the way...those of you that post the positive comments...we know that you WORK FOR SELENE! What goes around comes around...You know what they say about Karma...
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   wiseradvisor 0 Votes
I'm a professional consumer advocate and have just contacted Selene regarding a breach in one of their modificatiion aggreements. If you really want to succeeed against them, force to to take you to court to foreclose. The cost to them is very high, and the final decision is based on a jury of your peers. In many cases you will gain far more than just a modification. The goal is to get them to incur as much cost as possible in foreclosing so that they really do try to help you stay in your home. Obama has empowered these banks at the cost of you homes.
What a crook!!!
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   I HATE SELENE FINANCE AND (KEVIN) 0 Votes
If your paper work gets on a guys desk by the name "KEVIN" please ask for another person to handle your paperwork or your loan modification. Because he is a JERK and A LIAR, ASSHOLE.

Selene Finance is the worst company in the world to deal with I agree with all of the compliants they are CROOKS they spoke to my mother that is 78 years old like she was a dog yelling at her and this person was KEVIN so something has to be done about this company I don't know what we as customer will have to do but something has to be done to put them out of business.
 28th of Sep, 2010 by   Sam Kingston 0 Votes
Selene Finance is certainly a crooked company and Kevin Wardlow is a sorry excuse for a mortgage professional - he claims to be a supervisor but he's really just a phone rep who has some supervisor duties. He is drunk with power and is not concerned with actually getting anything done. They are like 99% of the mortgage companies out there right now - completely and totally lost
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   danahigh527 0 Votes
Selene Finance are crooks they made a forbearace agreement with us for six months. After the six months they promised to refinace us. We payed on the sixth month all on time payments of $3, 600. we payed via the telephone (check by phone). On the last and finally payment that is when they said they took the wrong number down from our checking account and did not receive payment on tim. Now we would have to start the forbearace all over again. Oh I also forgot to mention they love to say we have not payed them in months.

We did not agree with that.

Next they said they would reinstate our loan if we would give them $5000 on Friday so we said ok. When Friday came they said they wanted $10, 000. They forced us into bankruptacy to protect our home.

The new one is give them $30, 000 and $4000 a month and they will give us a forbearance agreement.

Or just go ahead and short sell.

I say we should all ban together and have the US Aattorney General take a look at this company and there practices.

Dana
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   Sam Kingston 0 Votes
Dana - Are you in California?

I think everybody should definitely ban together. Selene is a private company (not a bank), and is certainly not following proper laws in California. They are required to offer a modification before attempting to foreclose but do not do so.

Go to www.HOPENOW.com and see if you qualify. Selene is supposed to offer this to homeowners but they don't because they are a crooked company.

Also, everyone in California should go to www.ag.ca.gov and complain about Selene and their illegal practices. We have rights, and Edmund Brown is there to protect those rights for us homeowners.
 1st of Nov, 2010 by   Doreentherealtor 0 Votes
I'm a Realtor in Gilroy CA. I'm currently dealing with this unprofessional company on a short sale. To make a long story short, they said they were going to file a complaint to the Department of Real Estate because I'm advising my client not to pay them and telling him of his rights as a borrower LOL!!. Now I heard it all! I've been doing short sales for 4 years now and dealt with many banks. Never have I dealt with a company as unprofessional as SELENE. My client (borrower) is going to sign a 2 year lease on the home. Bank must honor lease. My client was willing and ready to go with the short sale, however SELENE wants 55k more then what the house is worth. If you are dealing with this bank or co please call me I can also advise you of your rights too. 408-568-6779 Doreen Ordaz.
 17th of Nov, 2010 by   Realtor-CT 0 Votes
I'm about to put a property on the market that has a note serviced by Selene in Maryland. Any advice would be greatly appreiated Carolyn Thompson SFR 301-674-3056.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   smerryann 0 Votes
Please everyone if you want this company investigated, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov.