logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Myhabit.com
recvd item similar but different than pictured
2. (1 mins ago)
It is fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - Awful Product

Select Comfort Corporation Contacts & Informations

Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed

Posted:    dj3hill

Awful Product

Select Comfort
Tennessee
Phone: 1-800-472-7185
This company should be put out of business. Please do not trouble yourself with this company. We purchased a Sleep Number 5000 on July 20, 2008 along with 2 pillows, and a mattress pad. We did not receive our bed until August 15, 2008. We were told delivery would be within 7 - 14 days. When they finally arrived to set up our bed, they informed me that the legs and headboard brackets were not on the truck, and that they would have to put the bed on the floor, and order them. Once they arrived, I would have to call customer service, and schedule a time to have them come install them. In the meantime, we had to use our new bed, on the floor, pushed away from the wall so the pump could be used. We have an infant, and it is very hard, and uncomfortable to get up and down off of a bed that is on the floor holding an infant. Especially for my husband who has had back surgery. So for the first 2 weeks, we were not feeling any benefits from this bed.
Finally on August 29th, they came back and put the legs on. That morning, in anticipation of the bed being taken apart anyway, I washed all the bedding, including the new mattress pad. After spending $299 on a mattress pad, you would expect it to last. Not so with this one. It started coming apart, and this was the first time it was washed. My husband called, and they agreed to replace it, but would not refund our money. I still have not opened the new one. I feel like we should receive a refund. I do not want to have to pay $299 for something that is so cheaply made and going to fall apart. All they will say is that they have a no refund policy.
Now, back to the bed problems. Even with the bed at the proper height, we have not been able to notice that it is helping. My husband has been waking up feeling worse than he did with our old innerspring mattress. When inflated all the way, it fills as if you are on a bubble of air. When you adjust it to find your sleep number, you fall into a hole, and can feel the plastic foundation below. You have to constantly adjust your sleep number to the position you are laying in. If you are laying on your side, and roll to your back, the number will change.
After deciding we did not want to pay all this money for such a horrible bed, we called to return it within our "30 Day Trial". Well folks, guess what. They never tell you that when they say the trial is risk free that they are full of it. When you call for a RMA number, you are informed that you are responsible for paying return shipping, or for paying for a pick up. And get this. They charged us $149 to deliver and set up, and take our old mattresses and dispose of them. They are charging us $200 to pick them up. OMG! Why is it more expensive for less work. I mean to pick up you don't have to dispose of my old mattresses again. I have looked through all of our paperwork, and nowhere does it state that we will be charged for return shipping should we decide during the trial that we do not like the bed. I did, however, finally find that statement. It was in the book that the delivery men left called "Welcome to Your Sleep Number Bed". Wasn't it nice of them to leave me the complete return policy, after delivery. We won't even go into the fine print on the warranty and how it is all prorated. So don't even let the 20 year warranty fool you.
Needless to say, I would not recommend anyone purchase a Sleep Number bed. Your money would be better spent on a traditional mattress.
Comments United States Mattresses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Oct, 2008 by   Jody 0 Votes
I agree, we have the sleep number bed and the only way not to feel like your sleeping on a slope is to air the mattress up all the way. If you don't you feel as if you are both sinking towards the middle of the bed! (The outer foam sides are taller than the middle between the mattress) Don't waste your money(almost $1, 200 for ours) was wasted
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Jells 0 Votes
Personally, I think mine has been a great product, from the delivery and setup to now (2 years later).
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Jells 0 Votes
I think some people are paid by the competition to complain.
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   maximum 0 Votes
At least make some realistic complaints that are believeable. Select comfort beds are the best bed period!! gregory

You Survived Tsa Now Welcome to Baggage Claim Hell