Free gas redemption

14100 Walsingham Road STE #5
Largo, Florida
Phone: 800-514-0366
I purchased a car and started the redemption program in May 08. I sent in my receipts for $100 along with a SASE and my mothly coupon. I get an email stating that they have received my voucher, late and that everything looks okay. In Aug, I started corripsonding with them. I got two different customer servers reps sending the same email, "I do apologize for the delay in service, I do see the account is past due and I will forward this to the processing department for the correction and shipment. I am not qualified to say why this has occurred but I am sure that this delay is not normal and the problem should be addressed immediately. If the processing department needs to call you for further information what number would you like to be reached at? Do you mind if we call you after 6pm EST?" and that they would forward it to the processing department. Both times I did not receive a phone call after 6PM EST. I called the phone number they provided and finally got a live person. She took my information and then told me that her computer was down. I then asked if this was a scam. She told me that it wasn't and that she would call me before she went home that evening. I did not receive a call from them. There office hours have changed. They are open from 10am - 4pm EST, not 6PM. I called back after 6PM EST and got the recording. It told me to leave my name, number and redemption number at the beep. No beep ever happened. I was disconnected. At this rate, I'm not sure If I will ever get my gas cards. I think this is false advertising and a scam.
Complaint comments Comments (27) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

26th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
We purchased a car last June 2007 and have gone through three gas redemption companies in Florida. We have been told by this last one that the dates on the reciepts was not correct from the gas station we chose to purchase gas from. The date format is yy/mm/dd, they did not like it. I have sent a response in August 2008 regarding the dates and they have not sent a redemption card yet. My company is in the dame address except seuite 36.
 6th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Google Tidewater Marketing Global Consultants, Inc., which will take you to Scam.Com. FreeGas.com or FreebieGas operates under a number of names. Company has an unsatisfactory Florida BBB rating, and is currently being investigated by Florida Attorney General, case #L08-3-1160. Owner Crystal Clark previously ran an operation regarding government contracts, also unsatisfactory BBB rating and issued a "cease and desist" order by North Dakota Attorney General. Best way to get results from this scam is send them a very hot E-mail, with a copy to Florida Attorney General. Google Florida Attorney General to get their E-mail address.
 7th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
In case anyone is interested that case with the attorney general was initiated by one Ms. Crystal Clark to make sure all is being represented the correct way. After researching these companies i have realized that they have contracted backing to fulfill the certificates in full. They actually make a bonus on how many months you actually redeem the certificate. There are some out there who have no fulfillment or redemption and just don't care. (FREEFUELCENTER.com) is one of them.
 20th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent in my receipts for August and have never been able to talk to a human being every time I call. I think this must be a big rip-off and would advise car dealers not to participate in this scheme. Voice system keeps telling you to be patient--how long must a person be patient when they keep getting the runaround.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Who would start an attorney general complaint on themselves? That's stupid.

Someone is lying to you.

Also, I got my card from FreeFuelCenter. I NEVER got my card from the Largo, FL camp.

30th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hey Not Tim,

Sounds like Tim is on Ms Clark's payroll and is here to bash companies that do fulfill their commitments to businesses and consumers alike.

I have read hundreds of complaints all over the internet about these free gas companies including freebeegas, freebiegas, securegasredemption, and many other names. Here are just a few of the places to read about them.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/freebee-gas-c106383/page/1.html#c163344http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/freebee-gas-c106383/page/1.html#c16334... />

I looked up the company you mentioned and didn't find one complaint. They are not in FL and don't appear to have anything to do with Clark and her companies.

So like I said, Tim is probably working with or for Ms Clark at freebee or freebie and wants everyone to believe that she'd actually call in the Attorney General herself to investigate her company for Unfair business practices.

Like you said Tim, that's just stupid.

Here is the link to the Attorney General's investigation page. Found it on another complaint here on this board.

6th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

I personally called and spoke with the Florida AG and they said in no way did Crystal initiate the investigation. That is one of the many lies that Crystal and her people tell the public to sell certificates and cover themselves. Tim...you are full of the same crap as Crystal.
 13th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Securegasredemption.com - Fraud

The biggest problem with this scam is that seemingly legit companies are pushing it through. I too recieved my voucher through a local car dealership and like an idiot sent them my $5. 3 months now and no "free" gas card. Live and learn I guess however I will not do business with this car dealership again, so in the long run buisneeses that push this garbage lose also.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Securegasredemption.com - Fraud!!!
Colorado Springs

We bought a new car in August. We were offered this "really great program" of $500 in gift cards for simply sending in $100 in gas receipts monthly along with their coupon. We have received emails that they have gotten our receipts and we will receive their $25 gift cards in 4-6 weeks. We've never received any. I think that the company giving out these programs with a purchase are just as fraudulant as secure gas redemption in that they should have checked out who they were dealing with before involving customers.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
My experience with Secure Gas Redemption is similar to a lot of the complaints I've seen posted on the Internet. After doing some research, I found that Secure Gas Redemption is one of about 24 entitites run by Crystal Clark and her Tidewater Marketing Global Consulting. We bought a set of tires in August with the free gas offer: send in $100 worth of receipts from one gas company each month and receive a $25 gas voucher each month for 20 months. We've been sending in coupons as per their instructions for 6 months and have not received a single voucher.

We have called the company many times and have been lied to about when we would get our first coupon over and over again. A couple of months ago I told their customer service rep that we were going to file a complaint and they said they would freeze our account and that we wouldn't get any coupons until the matter was settled. I just got off the phone with one of Secure Gas Redemption's customer service reps today (Jaime, not her real name she says) and they told me their database had crashed and could not promise any date for voucher delivery. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she said she was the supervisor. I then asked to speak with the president of the company and she said she did not know the president's name.

If you are a vendor considering doing business with this company, don't do it! You'll only have a lot of angry customers like me. I know because I called the company I bought tires from and they added my name to a long list of disastisfied customers. And if you're a consumer thinking about buying something with these free gas incentives, forget about it. This company is either very disorganized and overwhelmed (that's being nice) or just an out and out scam.

Thank you Not Tim2 for all the links in your post. I'm contacting the Florida and Georgia State Attorney Generals with my complaint.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with all the complaints I have read. I have gotten the same response from the "representatives" of this so called "company. very tie I called it was the same old song and dance. The vouchers came in late, my receipts came in late, computer problems, etc. Now I cant even call because the phone number is no longer valid and the web site doesnt seem to exist either. I, too, will be contacting the Florida State Atoorney Generals office, and the South Carolina Attorney Generals Office. So much for honesty and integrity in the business world.
 14th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thid happened to me too. When registered for the gift card program, they charged $5 from your Paypal account and saying that is refundable at the last month of the gift card period. I submitted $100 monthly gas receipts since September 2008 for continously 4 months for $25 gift card for each month. They told me their database was screwed and finally they fixed the database and they would send my September, October and November month gas gift cards in mid January 2009. Now it is mid Febuary 2009, I have not received a single gift card from them. This gas gift program is truly a fraud.
 16th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hey scammed by free gas,

You are welcome for the links. I think everyone should see what this company has been doing to all of us and make their own determination like you did.

Here is a link I just found that tell it like it is. The company is being sued by the Florida Attorney General for unfair and deceptive business practices and the Justice Dept in Pinealles County Florida is opening a criminal investigation into the company and the owner/president.

16th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
My "FREE GAS"" came from a promotion w/ the purchase of 4 tires through "BIG O TIRES in Beavercreek OH. To date I have rec'd 4 $25 gc's. Tried their # today it's a recording of "invalid"
C Lies
Beavercreek OH
 19th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
i want my money or i will sue freegasredemption and toyota.
 20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hi Ms. Starthman: (NBC Action News in Florida)
I completed a complaint form on the action news website, but I also wanted to send you an email directly. I truly feel like I've been scammed by Tidewater Marketing regarding their "free gas" promotion. Please review my detailed response on the complaint form. Below is my final email correspondence to the company. I am completely frustarted and saddened to know that others are in the same boat. They have the nerve to have testimonials on their website. Are they legitimate? Nevertheless, please help me to become involved in exposing this scam for what it is; a way to get people to purchase american made cars. As a matter of fact, the promise of $500 in free gas was the tipping point for my decision to purchase my vehicle and now I feel like a victim of false advertisement and fraud (I paid the $5 registration fee). Please help me to get involved in exposing this scam for what it is.

David Sampson, MSW, LMSW
Dis-satisfied citizen in Michigan
 26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Same thing here in Texas... Got duped in to buying Furniture at Ashley Furniture
in Frisco Texas. Part of their incentive to buy was to get FREE MONEY from these gas rebate
cards. We signed up to submit EXXON gas recipts. That was NOV. 2008 Weve got nothing yet.
Ive tried to contact FREEBEEGAS.com with no luck .. just a slick answering system that
says the next avalible operator will be with you ..I waited for nearly an hour onve. Did this
a total of 6 times.. I give up. Crystal Clark of Tidewater needs to be locked up just like they
did Martha Stewart. She thinks she's above the law. She's a crook! Hope to see her on the
news in Chrome plated braclets!
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I purchased a new GMC Acadia in Sept. and recieved the Freebeegas voucher with the purchase. I thought it was a great deal 450$ in free gas, I was glad to send them my 5.$
I think companies like this and the people who run this scam will have a special place . It also upsets me the the car dealership did not check this out before giving these vouchers to people.
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Short and sweet, I have sent in coupon and receipts since Oct 08. I have not received anything, phone contact does not work and e-mail fails. Another scam deal with a scam company. Put it out to any person and company you know that has the scam offer.
 10th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have submitted every month since August 2008 our gas receipts for $100.00. I received one card of $25.00 for September gas receipts. after I called and asked when I would began receiving the reimbursement.
I have not received a card of $25.00 for August 2008, November 2008, December 2008, January 2009 and February 2009. I have submitted my gas receipts and received an e-mail saying that all was in good order.

When can I expect to receive my $25.00 cards for gas for August, November, December, January and February? When I called the #was not available.

Contact Us