logo

Penn Warranty Corporation
Rip off
3. (13 mins ago)
wigsway.co.uk
They took money and haven’t provided order
4. (19 mins ago)

SecretShoppingCart.com

Posted:    Layla Leigh

Scam

Secret Shopping Cart
I thought this company was completely legitimate after doing research on it and finding actual reviews from people who had previously worked with them. I spoke to people online all throughout the process and was reimbursed for purchases made online. Shortly thereafter, the person I had spoken to went AWOL and I never heard from them again. My credit card account disappeared from my online banking record and I called them to inquire, only to find that there were several fraudulent charges made to my card after the date of my first "assignment" with SecretShoppingCart.com. I had to cancel my credit card and be issued a new one. As legit as this seems, it is NOT.
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2010 by   secretshoppingcartisascam 0 Votes
The similar situation happened to me with Secret Shopping Cart. They e-mailed me about setting up the date to work my first job. It was all through instant message with a guy named Peter (peter: secretshoppingcart@live.com) They told me I would be reimbursed for the shipping and handling charges up front so I wasn't out any money, AND on top of it I would be paid $12 an hour. It took me THREE HOURS to fill out all my info on the 10 websites of free trials on the excel sheet they provided me, so I was glad I was going to be paid $36. He said it had to be reviewed before I would be paid.
I had to keep track of all the trials so my credit card wouldn't be charged for all of them. I canceled all of them in the time of each trial ending. I had to return a couple of the trials back to the company to prevent being charged which came out to about $11.00. I e-mailed Secret Shopping Cart, asking to be reimbursed for that shipping and then be paid (it had been 30 days now). I heard nothing.
AND THEN I looked at my credit card statement and there was a couple of charges that I had no idea where it came from! Calling both companies where the charges came from, both sadi they were "extra" things I signed up for when I did the free trial (even thought I KNOW I was never told about it. One company refunded the money, one didn't so I had to dispute it to my credit card company and they refunded it.
I have tried to Call, e-mail, instant message: NOTHING!
SECRET SHOPPING CART IS A SCAM!
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   EdnaHillsman +1 Votes
The first "scam" complaint is fake. "Layla Leigh" is not even a registered member with us. There are many competing secret shopping companies who would stop at nothing to sabotage our good reputation. It is very simple for someone to signup here and make fake complaints such as that one. The second person submitted fraudulent/stolen information, did not complete the work successfully, sent us threatening e-mails, yet still expects to get paid. Unbelievable!
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   Cruel People 0 Votes
Steve Sanders send me an email with a job offer and I responded that I was interested in the position, several emails later I was sent 2 money orders. I was suspicious so I followed up with the BBB and other websites, I was very glad I did some investigating before falling for his scam. Thank you to all the people that have posted their experiences and comments, it saved me alot of headaches.
 7th of Jul, 2011 by   Miss Informed 0 Votes
Steve Sanders just contacted me and actually I just received the two money orders today. After speaking with co-workers they thought it was suspious so we googled his name and found these scam stories about him.

Garage Sale Safety Tips