logo

Arise
scam
2. (0 mins ago)
PayFlex Systems USA, Inc
Refusal to pay after submitting appropreciate docs
3. (0 mins ago)

Sears

Posted:    Ray

Poor System

Yonkers, New York
For the first, and maybe last time, I purchased an item from sears.com for pickup at the Cross County Sears on a Friday around noon and a couple hours later I received an email confirmation that my item is ready for pickup with my order #, etc. I called the store customer support to ask how long they hold items and told me three weeks. The next day I received a voicemail stating that my item is out of stock bla bla sorry for the inconvenience. I don't know what that tells you but to me that means they sold the item that I paid in full with my money or their system is #$%^ so why would I want to buy from them? When I purchased the item it clearly stated on the site the item was in stock plus I received the email confirmation the same day.

I called the store customer support and they told me the item will be in stock 8-10 days after I purchased the item. I then emailed Sears customer service to complain and the same day I received an email that they will contact the store coach. A couple days later I received a phone call that my item is ready for pick up, which was before the 8-10 days. Now whatever is going on Sears needs to work on their system because it's just not good business. I never had any problems ordering online from Best Buy or other stores but that is just my experience. The only reason I ordered from sears.com is because they had a great price on the item at the time which I can also get from other stores with a little patience.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Dec, 2008 by   AnnaLise 0 Votes
The Sears in-store pickup system is flawed.

At each Sears store, there is a computer system that lists the number of items in stock. It is this system that you are accessing when you see on your computer that an item is available for pickup at your local store. The problem is that this system is not always accurate.

Let's say the item you ordered is a hand mixer. When you order it for instore pickup, the computer is told that there are three in stock, so your order is put through and you receive an order confirmation, without anyone physically checking that there is an actual hand mixer available for sale.

The computer system says your local store has three hand mixers in stock. One of these is the display mixer, which may or may not have the box, instructions, and all the pieces, and may or may not actually work. The department manager is technically suppossed to go through and delete all the display items from the computer system (changing the in stock total to two), but in practice, this rarely gets done, especially around Christmas.

So one of the mixers isn't really available. Now, your local Sears store has a problem with retail theft, as many stores do. Let's say that at some point one of the hand mixers was stolen. The person who stole it shoved the entire box under their coat and walked out. They were not caught, and since there is no empty package left behind, there is no evidence of the theft. If the box had been left behind, an employee could update the computer system, but most thieves aren't considerate enough for that.

So now two of the mixers aren't available. Now, let's say that the employee working in the hand mixers area is very kind and helpful to customers. About an hour before you placed your order, a woman doing her Christmas shopping picked up the last hand mixer on the shelf. Knowing that she had a lot of shopping left to do, the customer requested that the employee hold the product for her until she came back after lunch. The employee, wanting to provide good service, said "Sure!" and placed the item behind the register with the customer's name on it. Now there are no available hand mixers.

So, at noon, you place your order and the computer reads that three items are available and sends you an order confirmation--despite the fact that, in reality, there are no hand mixers available.

Shortly after you place your order, an employee from Merchandise Pick-Up recieves a message from Sears Online on his handheld computer that the hand mixer has been ordered for pickup at the store. He looks on the shelf for the product and doesn't see it. He then looks in the warehouse for the product, and doesn't find it there either. He may even ask one of the stock people from that department if they can locate it. They can't find the hand mixers because, despite what the computer says, there are no hand mixers. The Merchandise Pick-Up employee eventually gives up, and clicks the "Unable to find product" button on his handheld computer, triggering the out-of-stock email you recieved.

Bluetooth Scam