logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Geoholiday Starpoint Geo Holiday
Timeshare Fraud
2. (13 mins ago)
Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
Illegal construction
Apply urgent loan offer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Repair Service Complaints & Reviews - Extremely poor customer service!

Sears Repair Service Contacts & Informations

Sears Repair Service

Posted:    Phyllis Keehn

Extremely poor customer service!

Sears
Phone: 1-800-469-4663
www.sears.com
My husband and I have been a SEARS customer, especially for tools and appliances, for over 20 years. I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER purchase another item from Sears, and it is entirely due to their customer service. We purchased a top-of-the-line high-efficiency (HE3T) washer and dryer from Sears in 2002. I have been extremely happy with the product, and extremely disappointed with the service. Because I spent so much money on the washer and dryer, and because I have a husband and 2 teenage children, one of which plays baseball, I naturally purchased the service agreement because, according to their website, "A protection agreement can provide you with peace of mind by knowing that if a problem occurs with your product, you know whom to call to take care of it right away." In the 7 years that I have owned the washer and dryer, I remarkably have only had an issue that required service 3 different times. The first issue was with the control panel on the dryer right after we bought it. I got a service appointment scheduled within a week, and it was repaired within 2 weeks - hooray!

The next 2 service issues, however, were a complete disaster. My washer stopped running, and it took 7 weeks to get it repaired. Of course a part had to be ordered after the first technician came out to determine what was wrong. The technician never showed up for the 2nd appointment to install the part. After 5 phone calls, I managed to get an appointment rescheduled for the next day (Saturday). Because I had spent all of Friday at home waiting, I had to run an errand on Saturday morning. I left my 17-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son at home, with my neighbor on stand-by in the event that the tech showed up while we were out. My appointment was CANCELED after the tech called and simply asked for me and my daughter said that I wasn't home, and there was no one over 18 currently in the house. It took another 8 calls, and a threat to drop the washer in front of the store where we purchased it, to get someone to come back out that day - with NO apologies from anyone from Sears. My dryer then stopped working the week after Christmas this past December. I called on 12/31, and the earliest appointment I could get was almost 3 weeks later - 1/18. Of course, the tech did not have the replacement part that was needed, and it took 1 week for the part to arrive. So when I called AFTER the part arrived (as I was instructed to do), I could not get an appointment for ANOTHER 2-1/2 weeks. No matter how many different people my husband or I spoke with, we could not get an earlier appointment, nor did we ever get an apology.

The appointment was scheduled for 8-12 on a Monday. At 11:45, I called customer service to find out when the technician would arrive, and was told that all they could do was send him a message. 1 hour later, with no response, I called back again, but only got the same response. At 1:40, the technician himself called and said he was on his way and would be here in 20 minutes. At 3:45, when he still was not here, I called again, and refused to hang up until I was told when the technicial would arrive. I was finally transferred to the Warranty Service scheduling department (which, for future reference, you need to ask for FIRST). I was told that he had just arrived at the appointment BEFORE me. At 5:45, when the technician STILL had not arrived, I called again, and was told that he had arrived at the next appointment BEFORE me at 4:40!! The technician FINALLY showed up at 6:50 P.M. - now remember I had an appointment for 8-12 IN THE MORNING. I was told that I had originally been #6 on the technician's schedule - and one of the calls he had was over an hour away from where he and I both live. According to the technician, all of his appointments were "8-12".

THEN, when the tech FINALLY arrived, he informed me that he needed to order another 2 parts!!! Although the technician placed an "Emergency Order", I was told by everyone I could speak to at Sears, that they no longer expedite any parts orders. So, the additional parts will take ANOTHER week to arrive, and the earliest next appointment I can get is TWO weeks from now. Interestingly enough, I was told by BOTH technicians that parts install appointments take priority over initial service calls. Sears, however, told me emphatically that this is not true, and I was not able to get an appointment scheduled any earlier than if I was scheduling an initial service call!!!

NO ONE that we have spoken with at Sears has apologized. NO ONE is able to authorize an expedited shipment when it was the original technician's fault for not ordering the correct parts. NO ONE is able to schedule an appointment that is convenient for me, or even guarantee that I am first on the list. By the way - don't believe it when they tell you the appointments are scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis - the routing department schedules the technicians appointments each day for the following day. So even if you are the first to schedule an appointment on a given day, you could end up being the last appointment. And "scheduled between 8-12" means absolutely NOTHING.

So, why did I buy that service contract? Oh... because it would "provide me with peace of mind" knowing that my issue would be "taken care of right away". Sorry, but my definition of "right away" is MUCH QUICKER than 8+ weeks. DO NOT RELY on SEARS SERVICE. The few dollars you may save on SEARS appliances is not worth the frustration and anxiety you will experience in the event that you need it repaired.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Mar, 2008 by   Cathy Carroll 0 Votes
I am in the process of writing a complaint letter to Sears' customer service as well as the BBB, and I could almost use your letter word for word. Starting with the first sentence, that we will NEVER buy another Sears product, EVER!
 29th of May, 2008 by   Lisa R 0 Votes
I understand your frustration. My service problem started in January with my first call and is still pending. I have escalated my complaint to the BBB. I've had 3 techs out to look at my tv. The first one came about 4 times, the second one about 3 times and the last one came 2. It takes forever to get a tech out. And then when they order parts, that takes forever to receive. It seems like the various departments at Sears do not communicate with each other at all. Customer Service no longer exist at sears. No wonder business is so bad for them. I will NEVER ever shop at Sears again. I can't wait for them to go out of business.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by   Roger M 0 Votes
I too am having a very bad experience with Sears... I had an appointment to get my washer fixed, it is two years old and I have an extended warranty on it. I of course had an appointment between 8 am and 5 pm, at 4:45 pm no one shows or calls, I call customer repair service and was told there are two people ahead of me, 6:30 pm call again and there is one person in front of me, 8:30 pm call again and I was told the tech was done for the day and I would have to reschedule my appointment which turns out to be a week later. After several more phone of complaining I am told the tech put down that I was not home, which is a lie! I tell them to just schedule me for the next appointment and I will make complaints to sears corporation home office, and they then tell me the tech has the ticket locked and they can't reschedule me. I make several phone calls to sears service to get an appointment they they say their computers are down! I am including an address I found for others for what appears to be a CEO for sears, I am going to try and contact him and make a big stink about the service, lies, and deceit that the company appears to promote.

Mr. Alan Lacy
CEO
Sears, Roebuck &Co.
3333 Beverly Rd.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
Phone 847-286-2500
Fax 847-286-7829
 21st of Jun, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
Sears has tried ripping me off but this is only the beginning... I had warranty work done on my Sony TV by Sears. After the work was completed the tech asked how I was going to pay for it. I told him it should be covered by Sony but he said they have not been paid by Sony. Later I find out that Sears should have never charged me because they have a contract with Sony. After several 4 hour + phone calls with Sony And Sears, Sears acknowledged they shouldn't have charged me. So now where do I stand? I call back several times, they acknowledge the same thing but when do I get paid? I am out $2100 while they sit around and admit their fault but do not pay out. Finally I have contacted the BBB. I have had good luck with them in the past so maybe they can be of assistance. Sears customer service is the most pitiful! I especially love the Indian people on the other line with American names such as John, Sam, Leslie. :) Down with Sears! I am half tempted to walk into Sears and walk out with a new TV without paying for it and tell them to take it off my tab.
 15th of Jul, 2008 by   Talia 0 Votes
"The few dollars you may save on SEARS appliances is not worth the frustration and anxiety you will experience in the event that you need it repaired." WELL SAID! After our dishwasher went out 2 MONTHS AGO, the Sears Escalated Complaints Office has still not gotten back to us. We will have to go to the BBB and sue them through Small Claims. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, TIME, AND HEALTH ON SEARS' JUNK WARRANTIES!
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   Craig Dombrosky 0 Votes
After reading the previous postings, I have come to the realization that I can expect poor customer service from Sears Repair.

Our Kenmore refrigrator purchased March 2005 stopped working on Thursday July 21, 2008. I called and scheduled the first available service appointment which was today Tuesday July 22 with and appointment time from 1 pm till 5 pm.

I called in the morning to confirm the appointmet. At 12 noon I received a call that a technician was not available and that the next available appointment would be Friday July 25.

Despite my protesting that this was unacceptable due to the fact that I took off from work, called in the morning to confrirm the appointment and that my family has been living out off coolers, all I received was useless apologies and a promise that I would receive a call from the routing department.

As of this writing, I have not received a call.

The only bright spot here is that I did not purchase the extended warranty, however the compressor is warranted for 5 years.

I agree with the other unsatisfied Sears customers. I will not purchase and major appliances from Sears again.
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   Teresa Marks 0 Votes
I'll go one further than that. I'm never buying anything at Sears again...I'm going to drive faster if I see one of their stores! Any business that delivers such horrible repair service obviously does not give two "roebucks" about their customers.
So, you've heard it all before. In a nutshell; refrigerator got "fixed" (if "fixed" means it runs for one hour before making terrible noises and turning into a petri dish incubator) to the tune of $372, not under warranty of course and still has not been fixed and it's been a month.
After many lovely phone calls to 1-800-MY A** and some delightful omissions of...oh, what is that called? ...oh, yes, the TRUTH...I find out today that they have not even ordered the compressor since they can't find one and they are horribly back ordered from whoever they usually make their devil deals with. Sears Repair has serious karma issues!
 8th of Aug, 2008 by   Jim Olney 0 Votes
I have to add to the chorus regarding Sears absolutely abysmal customer service connected to the repair of our HE3t clothes washer. Anticipating that the service tech wouldn't have parts on hand, I rush ordered the most likely parts (extra $40 shipping) I was advised that I'd receive a reminder call the day before the scheduled repair. Didn't happen. So I called Sears in the morning to confirm my appointment for later in that day. I was told the repair tech would arrive between 1 PM & 4 PM. Around 2:30 Sears calls but I wasn't quick enough to catch their call. The voice message advised me to call and reschedule my now canceled appointment. Aaaarg! By the way, the message was spoken so fast (well practiced I expect) that I had to listen three times to grab the phone number.

Thirty seconds later I attempted to salvage the appointment but to no avail. Fifteen minutes on hold for a supervisor resulted in a disconnect. After running the automated voice gauntlet yet again, I booked a new appointment in 6 days. I am not pleased.

Last year the companion drier required two new control boards which were covered under an extended warranty. The washer has no extended warranty. And I am looking for quicker, more considerate service from a local repair shop.

Brand loyalty certainly suffers from experiences like ours.

Jim O
 5th of Sep, 2008 by   Louie Weaver 0 Votes
OMG! I'm reading these comments and thinking that I must have written them. Sears has now screwed me out of 4 day and they want 1 more day of me to miss work so I can wait and see if they're gonna feel like showing up that day or not. A whole week of pay I'm missing because of their incompetence. My washer is covered under warranty so it won't cost me anything but actually it has cost me...$600+ in lost wages!!!
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Tim Devine 0 Votes
Do not use Sears repair! They had 2 consecutive days of no show, and all they had were excuses. They were polite on the phone, but they did not offer any compensation for 2 wasted days. The best way to deal with them is go to their competition. I am a long time Sears customer, but as of today, I will no longer buy anything from Sears.
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   Mitch Kross 0 Votes
First thing I would like to address is that this is not a perfect world. A technician could be given up to 9 morning 8-12AM calls, Yes you read it right up to 9 calls in a 4 hour period, that is humanly impossible if they are problem calls(diagnose & repair)and if you include drive time & diagnosis, it's just not possible. Also don't forget that if a technician needs to get a part locally from a parts store you can take an hour away from that 4 hour time frame. Unexpected situations happen daily, not to mention traffic, time spent on the phone with STAC (Sears Technical Assistance Center), trying to fix a problem if the tech if not familiar w/ it, and waiting for a cust to show up to the home because they had to go shopping, take their kids to school etc.. Now, if a tech can't make all of his/her morning appointments within the ETA there should be a call to the customer a.s.a.p. to see if they would like to have service that day or reschedule for a more convenient time. Any morning calls that the tech can not get to, they still have to run those calls in the afternoon, which of course pushes the calls from 1-5 usually into a later hour. There is a reason why Sears calls the customer to see if they are home. Number 1 is to see if they are home. Alot of service orders are made and people for some reason or other don't stay home during the time they picked. If you need to leave you can also leave your cell as an alternate # when making the service call. That way you can meet the tech. Most customers say they were home the whole time but would not answer any of the 3 numbers they gave to reach them. Keep in mind all numbers given have to be called at least twice to pull a call off a tech's route, that's up to 6 calls. If you won't answer after all that then it's a waste of time & money to send a tech out there.That leaves Sears with a tough decision, they can send a tech to the home that no one can be verified to be at, which makes no sense especially with the gas prices on the rise or move on to the next call and try to reach that customer later. Please don't take a day off of work to wait for a tech, 95% of the time they make the time frames, but theres always that 5 %. Have a nice day.
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   MARILYNN HARTIN -1 Votes
I AM SO MAD WITH SEARS I CANT EVEN BELIEVE THE UNPROFFESIONALISM. (THEY CALL ME A PREMIER CUSTOMER FOR YEARS NOW) HAHAHA ...AND USING THAT WORD PROFESSION IS EVEN HARD TO WRITE IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS SEARS. I AM GIVING SOME DETAILS ON WHAT HAPPEDED BUT THERE IS SOOOO MUCH MORE!!! SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONE SERV MAN HERE FOR 3 APPLIANCES ON A TUESDAY 8-12 HE COMES AT 9 FOR FRIDGE. VERY NICE BUT SAYS I'M GETTING ANOTHER GUY FOR WASHER AND DRYER!! OK. WAITING AND WAITING..."HE'LL BE THERE BY 10" HE'LL BE THERE BY 11.30 ..3 DISCONNECTS...TRANSFERS THAT I CAN'T COUNT!! HE'LL BE THERE AT 130. (8-12 REMEMBER).
I STILL STUCK IT OUT. CALLED AGAIN "THEY'LL BE THERE AT 3. I WAITED AND WAITED FOR A MANAGER AND DID NOT GIVE UP UNTIL I GOT ONE! TOOK FOREVER...HAD TO SURVIVE THE TRANSFERS..ALL THE EXPLAINING TO SOMEONE WHO CANNOT HELP...LIES TO GET RID OF ME AND DISCONNECTS. SHE WAS NICE. AT THE END, I CANCELLED...WAITED FROM 8-3 NOW. SHE PUT ME IN ON FRIDAY NOW 8-12. SERV MAN CALLED. WAS NICE AT 845. SAID HE'D BE HERE AFTER STOP HE WAS AT. I CALLED HIM BACK AT 1045 WONDERING WHERE HE WAS!! HE SAID "OH THEY DIDN'T CALL YOU"!!! THEY TOOK YOU OFF MY ROUTE AND PUT SOMEONE ELSE THERE!! I AM SO ANGRY!!! ARE THEY MAD BECAUSE MY WARRANTIES FOR FRIDGE, TREADMILL, WASHER AND DRYER ARE UP IN ONE MONTH, SO THEY DON'T CARE. THATS NOT THE WAS FOR ME TO SIGN UP AGAIN. I CALLED AND CALLED AND EXPLAINED AND EXPLAINED AND GOT NOWHERE. WHEN I WAS ON THE PHONE WAITING FOR A MANAGER THE SERV MAN CALLED IN AND SAID HE WOULD BE HERE AFTER 4 STOPS.. HE SAID AROUND 12. I ASKED HIM TO PLEASE UPDATE ME!! IT IS NOW 1130!! HOW IN THE WORLD WILL HE BE HERE BY 12 IF I AM THE 4TH STOP!! I HATE SEARS. IT TAKES ALOT FOR ME TO GET TO THIS ANGRY!! ITS A MYSTERY WHEN HE WILL REALLY BE HERE.
COME ON NOW SEARS...DON'T LIE. GET CLOSURE FOR CUSTOMER...CUSTOMER SERVICE JUST PLAIN SUCKS THERE!!!MARILYNN HARTIN
 7th of Apr, 2009 by   Katherine1234 0 Votes
I can second, third and fourth every complaint above. I won't go through all the details. The short version is I needed a tiny part for my dishwasher handle and a repair appointment. The Sears rep managed to not understand the parts website, resulting in one small part (should have been two) and 16 screws (when I needed only two at most). Many phone calls later, I managed to buy and get yet another part. The piece of plastic may take 50 cents to make. It is $40 for one, double for two. Then the usual 1-5 appointment. 15 or so calls to Sears during the day. They had my cell. I came home early; I canceled a dentist appointment; I had to cancel a dinner meeting because at 5 they still weren't here. And even as late as 6:45 I was being told the guy was on route to me. He never showed, lied about it, some other rep erased the lie when I asked to speak to a supervisor. She could do nothing. Supposedly I have an appointment for Friday and I am first in the 1-5 slot. I won't hold my breath. This company is totally irresponsible. Do not call them for a repair. And if you can find you part elsewhere on the internet, go for it. It can't be any worse. One other complaint--the stupid automated telephone takes 20 minutes of shouting for a rep before you can get a person. I hope Sears goes out of business.
 11th of May, 2009 by   Ramona 0 Votes
I agree with ALL of the above comments and the truth of it all is that Sears does not care. I see that 400 days ago, someone wrote to the CEO. Well, I was just given the name of the CEO to call and guess what... it's a different person... Bruce Johnson. No-one cares. I think we should all go to the stores and as people are buying the products, we should walk over to them and tell them NOT to buy the maintenance agreement !! I don't care if Sears goes out of business either. If you don't care about your customers, why would your customers care about you? Problem is, I doubt that Sears even reads these comments and even if they do, they don't care. Go to a mom and pop appliance store that depends upon customer satisfaction to stay in business.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   Pronger -1 Votes
I agree with all ypur complaints with sears. We have also been sears customers for 35 years. We recently bought a Maytag Refrigerator from them first of all it was dented they brought us a second one it had greater dammage than first one so we elect to keep the first one. They have been here 3 times to work on it. It doesnt make ice and it keeps everything froze in the refrigerator so we cant put anything in it we dont want to freeze. We had a terrible thanksgiving. We also had reported them to BBB and will never purchase from them again. We are very dissatasfied with the service. We have had this refrigerator 5 monthes and it worked one month. I think we should post a commercial against them.
lsrpa@yahoo.com
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   Kathleen bly 0 Votes
My husband and I purchased a garden tractor with the extended warrantee. I has been broken down in Aug. It is now december and still no repair. what a joke. I was unable to do my summer and fall work . Sears just does not care and we will never, never again deal with Sears. We have a farm and the tractor is important to our every day work.
Outraged. kathleen Bly
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   Sandy1887 0 Votes
I agree with the aforementioned complaints. I'll never use Sears Repair Service again. I took off work to get an oven fixed for the proverbial 1-5:oo service call. Well, here it is 6:20 pm and no service person. When I call Sears, I'm told either that I just have to wait for him (he's running behind, and if it's 9:00 pm tonight, so be it) or that they can reschedule me in a month or that they cannot reschedule me because "this has been assigned to a technician already". What the heck? What amazing rudeness. I'll never buy another appliance or get repairs from Sears again!
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   MAPG 0 Votes
Everyone should know that the INFAMOUS A & E repair is a subsidiary of Sears. Please check WiKi information. They have provided NO SERVICE to me. In future, I will make sure to purchase products that are NOT COVERED BY SEARS OR A & E (that are the same.)
Additionally, I AGREE with ALL of the previously listed complaints!!
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   CJJ21 0 Votes
I wished I had read these complaints before I called sears for service. I have a Kenmore washer that is only a few years old. When I called to ask what they could do to repair this they told me for $219.99 I could purchase (over the phone) an extended warranty plan which would cover labor and parts upto $500.00. If they couldnt fix it they would give me a creit of $500.00 for a new washer. There were 2 in stores close to Syracuse, New York which were less than $500.00 and would have been satisfactory. I called them on a Saturday morning and they said with payment ($233.00 charged to my credit card) they could schedule an appointment for the next tuesday between 1-5 pm. Immediately on Saturday morning they charged my Chase Credit Card. On Tuesday I made sure someone was home for the Sears repair tech who was supposto to fix/replace the washer. At 1:30 pm that tuesday "customer service" called and said that due to the fact that the service tech had a " family emergency". So apparently there is only ONE service tech to service the entire Central New York area (close to 1 million people) and they said the next possible appointment wasnt until 6 days later...this after I had already waited FOUR days for them to give me a BS excuse that the tech had a "family emergency". I told them I didnt care what family emergency he had, send someone else, a contractor from a different company...they had wasted 4 days and 4 hours and already charged my credit card $233.00...I wanted SERVICE that I ALREADY PAID FOR...NOT EXCUSES. When I called to complain "sharron" the supervisor was rude and had me transferred 4 different times to FOUR different departments before I got to the department for a refund. This company sucks! I called Chase Bank and filed a FRAUD complaint against Sears. I am also filing a complaint with the NY State Attorney General. They didnt offer me anything for my wasted time and significant inconvienence. Kenmore brand items are garbage and their "service" is even worse (if that is possible). I will never buy anything ever again from Lands End, Sears, Kmart any of their affiliated companies. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any company. Instead of buying my Kodak all-in-one printer and appliances for my apartment at Sears...I went to Walmart. Incredibly Walmart a mega billion dollar company with 30, 000 times the number of customers than the formerly bankrupt Sears provided excellent service and doesnt engage in the same sub standard and fraudulent business practices that Sears does.

Feel free to post in other forums. Sears apparently thinks that they are too big to have to care about what customers think and the type of service they receive. We will prove them wrong. No customers=no sales=no profit= a shareholder sell-off=the end of this shitty company.
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   O'Malley 0 Votes
Wow!! Reading these comments is like de ja vue (sp?)! I won't even bother giving any details because my experience is EXACTLY like everyone else's!!! And to think that the first entry was over 2 years ago and nothing has changed! I also, will never buy anything from or enter another Sears store. I will write to the BBB though, as I sit and wait for my scheduled "first appointment" of the day, which is already showing signs of being another no show.

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide