logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
American Airlines
Do not fly american airlines
2. (11 mins ago)
www.stylishplus.com
Never recieved my order or a refund
3. (12 mins ago)
www.stylishplus.com
No info about my order
4. (38 mins ago)
John Kenney
John Kenney is a CONFIRMED SCAMMER
5. (46 mins ago)
Evergreen & Associates Contractor Inc.
scam company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Power Miser 9 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater, Louisiana Complaints & Reviews - Product is Junk

Sears Power Miser 9 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater Contacts & Informations

Sears Power Miser 9 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater

Posted:    Stephen

Product is Junk

Sears / Kenmore
Louisiana
I bought a Kenmore Power Miser 9 Gas Water Heater from Sears and the pilot light stops working resulting in cold water all the time. I called Sears and their Service not only sucks but they refuse to honor their warranty for free parts, I bough the water heater in December 2005 and it has a 9 year warranty. The parts are free of they are defective in workmanship or material. But to get the free parts under the waranty, you have to pay their service technician to order the part. But they cannot get to you for at least 2 to 3 weeks, when you can call a local licensed plumber to do the work for you the same day. Or if youwant to pay for the parts, that's alright with Sears, and they will send them to you. But in order to get the free parts under the warranty you have to use their technician to order the parts. What a scam. I will never buy anything from Sears and hopefully everyone else that can read this will never nbuy an appliacne from Sears as their service sucks and they do not honor their warranties.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Nov, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
I have the same problem with the same model, but I *think* this is a typical problem with any gas appliance. I haven't fixed the issue, but I had a similar issue with a furnace.

Here's the part that I've ordered and will hopefully be able to fix it:

16th of Nov, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
I tried replacing the pilot assembly, but it still does not work. At some point after lighting the pilot and a cycle of the burner heating the water, the pilot turns off. The pilot always stays lit until the burner is ignited.

My suspicion is that the thermostat is somehow cutting off the gas...
 24th of Dec, 2008 by   plethora68 0 Votes
I have the same water heater in the electric version. It is also garbage. It comes with the 9 year warranty and the tank has not lasted 2 years. It is leaking a steady stream from one end of my garage to the other. It damaged some books, and now that Sears has been unable to get a technician out for 2 weeks mold is beginning to grow on the backside of my garage door. I have vented the garage to try and stop that, but this is ridiculous. We have 6 inches of snow here on the ground, but the roads are plowed. Sears just canceled their second appointment with me because their technician "couldn't get out of his driveway". Now they are supposed to come next Monday, but the girl on the phone could not tell me that they would bring a water heater with them because they don't carry those parts on the truck; even though I have assured them it is a ruptured tank. I asked if they only hired idiots and morons at Sears? She did not get this. i will never spend another dollar with them and figure them and that sorry little store K mart will be out of business next year some time. This is par for the course for a retailer that killed their amazing catalog business right before the advent of the commercial internet.

Say goodbye to Sears and good Riddance. My next water heater will come from Lowes or Home Depot, both have come on service calls rapidly and Lowes cam three times in one week to fix my icemaker in my refrigerator. Out with the incompetent and in with the new companies that want to do the right thing for customers.

-Washington