logo

Home Depot
Practicing Bigotry
4. (1 hr 6 mins ago)
Light In The Box
Poor Customer Service/Dress made wrong the wrong size!
5. (1 hr 22 mins ago)

Posted:    S. A. Smith

junk eyeglasses

Sears Optical
Indiana
In April of 2007 I purchased a pair of drillmount glasses from the Sears Optical store in Logansport, Indiana. By the time all the bells and whistles were added, I paid $600 for this pair of glasses. No warranty info was given to me at ANY time.
About 6 months later as I was cleaning them, they broke out where the lens joins the frame at the nose piece. I got online to see about contact info and that is when I discovered that I had a one year warranty on the glasses.
So I called the Sears Optical store where I purchased them and explained what had happened. The girl on the phone told me to bring them in, that they would fix them and there would be NO CHARGE. So I took them in.
The manager waited on me and said it would cost to have them fixed. I told her what the employee had told me on the phone about no charge. The manager said that the girl was new and didn't know what she was talking about, that their warranty was a limited one and that I would have to pay to have them fixed. She said that the drillmount glasses are FRAGILE and prone to break. Well, if they break a lot, then why even sell them???
Well, I was livid, but needed my glasses and my husband thought I ought to pay what they asked. So pay we did.
This time, glasses lasted about the same length of time before breaking again in the exact same spot. Rather than have to pay again, the glasses are sitting in a drawer and I am wearing my old glasses while I wait on a new pair (another $444 from a different eyeglass store).
I will NEVER EVER buy another pair of glasses from Sears Optical.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jan, 2010 by   anonymousoptician -1 Votes
Drill mount eyeglasses are sold because vain customers like you insist on having "barely there" glasses so no one knows they're wearing them.

If there wasn't a demand, there would be no supply, hon.
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   kadaw -1 Votes
Well I live in california and I always buy my glasses from sears. CHEAP deal! You just have to know which glasses to get. The doctors and secretarty are all helpful and glasses arrived in a week. I usually grab whatevers on the Ray ban isle, and all I can say is that they are sturdy as a rock. I went out clubbing dancing my life away the blam my glasses fell down and some cow was stepping on them, hmm pretty harsh don't it seem!? But to my amazement my glasses survived with only a few scratches. Moral of my story is don't settle for unknown brands with tiny frames. Get sturdy looking glasses like Ray bans for the special deal of 99$ for a pair and your set for another 2 years of impared vision and eye squinting my friend. I recently just putchased 2 more eyewares which were a ray ban and a izod and I'm satisgfied since I only spent 320$ total for two glasses. Sears is good. You just have to keep an open mind my dear. :)
 28th of May, 2011 by   attkin +1 Votes
Try www.zipoptical.com. They have much better price. Fast delivery.

How To Spot Cosmetic Product Scams