logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
The Brick
No communication for payment protection plan
2. (14 mins ago)
Ericdress.com
Don't buy from this website ever
3. (37 mins ago)
Advanced Air Solutions / Filter Queen
Devious Deceptive Sales Tactics
4. (54 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
I was given a tracking number which I couldn't seem to track
5. (55 mins ago)
Filter Queen
High Pressure Sale

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

sears/kmart online order, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - waiting 6 weeks for refund

sears/kmart online order Contacts & Informations

sears/kmart online order

Posted:    kymjhelms

waiting 6 weeks for refund

Virginia
Phone: 5408185566
I have nearly exhausted my options for getting the refunds due to me and you have definitely lost a very loyal and good customer.

I placed two different orders that were GUARANTEED to be delivered by Christmas. NEITHER OF THEM WERE, putting me in a very difficult position for finding replacement gifts the day before Christmas. The entire reason I placed my order through Sears adn Kmart online, was the Christmas delivery guarantee of the (at that time ...in stock) merchandise.

When I discovered I would not receive these goods, I immediately requested a refund. To make a long story short, I have requested BY PHONE, a refund, OVER TEN TIMES!!! I even contacted "escalated" customer service at the Corporate office of Sears and spoke with a representative named Michael, who assured me that he had personally taken care of it this time and that the other NINE times I had made contact and been told my refund was being processed, there was apparently an "error" of which no one ever informed me.

Michael called me back Tuesday to check on the refund from my end. I told him "no refund, no change in order status" etc. I asked him to call me back today to follow up, yet again. I have not heard from Michael, nor is there ANY change to my order status, bank account, refund, etc.

This is NOT what I expect from a large company like Sears or Kmart. I received all my refunds from Walmart, the VERY NEXT DAY! I received refunds from mail order items that were incorrect from other very small companies, within 3 days.

My first order was mid December. It has been nearly 6 weeks, since my first phone call. I have spent OVER FIVE hours online, on the phone, etc trying to get my refunds for the following order numbers:

This is RIDICULOUS. I expect to see my refund money in the bank on Monday or I will ask my neighbor, who is a reporter for NBC to do an expo story on this, as I am sure I am not the only one. I wouldn't think, in these tough economic times you would treat customers this way or would welcome the kind of negative publicity my case would bring to your online business. It won't bring your company down, but it won't do your reputation or your economic growth any good, trust me.

I work hard for my money and was careful where I spent it this Christmas. sears and kmart both let me down, broke their word about Christmas delivery and now have stalled in a completely unprofessional and irresponsible way in refunding my money for items that were never sent. You make interest off of the money you have used of mine for the past 6 weeks, I LOST interest on it and the ability to take advantage of current deals as my funds are tied up with YOU.

Make this right immediately. This is unnnnnnreal.

Kym Helms
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2010 by   CKO 0 Votes
I am in complete agreement...Sears obviously has a break down in chain of command, and has employees in customer service making excuses for thoses in charge which are obviously hiding out at corporate office in an office not open to dealing with a customers issues. I have had contact with them since I placed my initial order on Dec 10th 2009..wating for a $54.00 refund in my account. They were quick to take the money, quick to let me know the product was out of stock...and then the problelms began.
I get stories of how I must be patient because it takes a period of 2 to 3 days, then I got 7 to 10 days, and finally my last ETA was 3 days to 3 weeks...still no refund.
I have talked to On line Customer service, National In Store Cust service, ...was told it had been sent for processing at least 6x's...told there was a breakdown because the request went to a store in regional warehouse...and another unidentified department. I also got that there was a new process in programing and that was a reason..the excuses abundant...I have spokent with a very polite Shawn who guaranteed quick response, Rebecca (On-line CUst Care)who said it was in process, Laura who said it was not her job (National Cust Care), Tiffany(on-line CUstomer Care), Ranall, Alan, and today Valerie (on-Line CUstomer Care)...Another promising promise...this time she gave me a Confirmation # and a 3-5 day waiting period. She apologised profusely...and great customer care traits. We shall wait once more.
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   jeaniene 0 Votes
I think that all the people who did not get their refunds from Sears should bring a class action Lawsuit against them Including them to pay for lawyers fees and reimbursement for all our time spent to try to get our money back...
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   jeaniene 0 Votes
I am in the process of going thru the exact same scenario over 25.00 and some change. This all started Oct 26, 2012. Sears takes your money and gives you the run around.
 13th of May, 2014 by   tenzind 0 Votes
Sears, kmart, lands end are owned by jewish owner Richard Warren Sears. The company is trying to recoup some monies from its struggling business by establishing a standard business practice of holding refund monies due to customers for at least one billing cycle of bank and earn interest monies, to add asset to the company's fund. In short, if you are sure that your purchase will be problem-free: 1) won't break up within return period, 2) company will deliver correct item ordered, 3) item won't arrive damaged, 4) item will arrive in complete form without missing parts, 5) you won't return, 6) you have time to spend days and hours of endless conversation with literally non-customer service, 7) you are rich to just let them keep your monies, then go ahead and shop from them. Otherwise, listen to what I and others learned painfully.
 17th of May, 2014 by   mrb14 0 Votes
I had a layaway order cancelled by Kmart 10 days ago. I had to make three phone calls, start a live chat, and send three emails to even find out if I was being refunded and when. When I went to the local store the layaway was held at for information I was told to contact the corporate phone number that the store had no information. When I called the corporate number and contacted email support I was instructed to talk to the local store. It took contacting Kmart 7 times to get the information I requested. I have been told I would receive my refund of over $170 anywhere from "immediately" to 14 business days. My card company said they legally have 30 days. I will be filing with them if I don't receive my refund in 20 more days.

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips