logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
isharedmedia.com
I couldn’t browse my video and moderators ignored me
2. (2 mins ago)
UK National Mobile Draw 2014
Antony wanyama oduol
5. (21 mins ago)
ORANGE TELECOMMUNICATION PVT LTD
winning one million great pouds

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine, Eagle Pass, Texas Complaints & Reviews - F1 error

Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine Contacts & Informations

Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine

Posted:    Sonia Flores

F1 error

Sears
Eagle Pass, Texas
Phone: 830-773-1780
btmbk@hotmail.com
I purchased both the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer set in August 2007. I began having problems with the dryer immediately. I t doesn't dry the clothes even on the heavy duty setting. A repairman came out and said that the vent coil was extremely sensitive and to make sure it wasn't twisted. Two months ago, the washer began displaying an F1 error message and won't wash the clothes. Now it happens several times during each wash cycle. I am very disappointed because I spent nearly $2000.00 on this set. If anyone has any knowledge of a class action lawsuit, please contact me. I discovered that the model # has a recall but when I called to tell them about the problem, they said that my serial # is not included in that recall. Please help.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine complaints
Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - Fabric Softener Dispenser Keeps Popping Out

Comments

21st of Sep, 2009 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
To Sonia Flores,

I am sorry to hear about the problems with your washer/dryer. There are no class action lawsuits on the Oasis models and anything that is manufactured has the possibility of failure. Of course we want to make sure that any problems that arise can be taken care of for you. Since your phone number and email address are posted here, we are going to contact you by phone or email. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. You can also contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com and we will look into this to see how we can get it resolved for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer/dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen name (Sonia Flores) used to post here for reference to this issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   Mercy Aguilar 0 Votes
Hi Sonia,

I too get the same error message on the same washer. It does it about 5-6 times before each wash and then again 4-5 more times when it reaches the last 20 minutes. Sears gives me the run around to fix it because they want to charge me $75 to come look at it and $200 more dollars for warranty on which they cannot guarantee it will be fixed. I refused because it's not fair that should pay more for a reputable brand as well as a reputable place like Sears. Please let me know if you can what came of your issue so I too can do the same. Thank you.

Mercy Aguilar
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   ceecee1 +1 Votes
Having the same EXACT issue.
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   Lisa Sheppard 0 Votes
Same issue for my washer! Purchased it in August 2006. Getting F1 error code for the last 2 weeks. Just called Sears and was told my extended warranty expired in August 2009, my luck. Sears wants to charge me $75 for a service call. I won't be buying any more Kenmore products. Spent well over $3000 when I moved on Sears appliances. Never again if I can't get this problem fixed immediately. And I will tell others!!! Hopefully someone from Sears will call me soon.

L. Sheppard
757-484-0906
 1st of Nov, 2009 by   R Longo 0 Votes
Well seems like this is a common issue. My Oasis washer, purchased June 2007 now has the same F1 error.
Looks like a genetic defect.

Richie Longo
949-233-1878
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   TheDank 0 Votes
I have the same issue with my Oasis Washer. It started a few weeks ago, getting the F1 error at the beginning of the cycle. It takes a few times to restart it to get it to run. Now it's starting to do it part way through the cycle.

I read at another site that there was a recall on the control board. Sorry I don't have the url, I'm trying to find the site again were I read about the recall. There was a LOT of useful information in that forum though.

I did call the Sears Recall Center today 1-800-659-7026. First talked with a regular first-line rep. She was very nice, but told me that no, there was no recall on the control board for the F1 error. I asked her to check again, the recall has been around for a couple of years. She said she talked to her supervisor and confirmed that there was no recall.

I asked to talk to the supervisor myself. He was also very nice, and nicely told me that there was no recall. We were both very nice, but I was persistent. :-) FINally, he asked me what the model number is. I told him, 110.27092602 and he admitted that yes there IS a recall for it. He asked for the Serial number, I told him CT3970222. He said, oh that serial number is out of the range of the washers that the control board recall applies to. I asked him to check the list again, since the range should be CT01 - CT49. Without checking anything, he said that that, uh... that range isn't valid anymore, and... uh... yah... on Aug 31 they changed the cutoff to CT35. Yah, that's it... uh... yah, they changed the range.

It seems like the Recall Center just tries as hard as they can to deny that there is any recall, and if you catch them on that, then they weasel out of it by saying that the serial number range is changed.

I'd be VERY interested to see what they say now if someone were to call in with a serial number between CT01 and CT35. Unfortunately, they look up your number, so I can't call back myself with a different serial number just to test them.

Yah, after we bought this washer, my wife and I vowed to NEVER buy an appliance from Sears again. It's just not worth it. Kenmore sure isn't what it used to be!

-Dan
dkleaver@yahoo.com
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   TheDank 0 Votes
I found the url that I was looking for that has useful information about the control board recall:

So my "interesting" question is answered there. If you scroll down to Solution #19, this person has the same model as me, and her serial number is CT40. On September 12, she was told that hers does qualify for the recall.

So, I definitely did get the runaround from John at the Recall Center. It's clear that they're just stonewalling, if they tell one customer that their serial number qualifies and then tell another customer that they don't.

Note that the woman whose washer does qualify is even farther outside of "new range" than mine is.

Sears, you have definitely lost credibility.
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   patsboys3 0 Votes
I am also getting the F1 error. Have had noting but problems with this set since I purchased them. Sears products USED TO be excellent but not anymore. Will never buy anything from Sears ever again. Buyers beware do not buy this set, more problems then it is work, and repairs cost a fortune.

Pat
patsboys3@yahoo.com
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   V Farmer 0 Votes
Thank you all for posting about the Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer. I too am experiencing that dreadful F1 error message. It started a few months ago. I've also been able to manuever my way around it so far. I get the F1 code as soon as I hit Start and have to hit Stop and Start about 4 or 5 times to get it to really 'start'. A couple of times the machine has beeped when there were about 17 minutes left of washing time and the F1 code was there. Once again I hit Stop and Start and it resumed.

I purchased this set in October of 2006 and purchased the 3 year Sears Warranty as well. I have to say, I was very happy with both washer and dryer for about 2 1/2 years and then I was finding a small puddle of soapy water on the floor in front of the washing machine. I had my husband check all the hoses in the back of the machine to make sure we didn't spring a leak somewhere. Everything connection wise was fine.

I called Sears for service and a repairman came out within a few days. I too experienced the technician with 'laptop on lap and cell phone glued to his ear' service. It turned out the problem my washer was having was 2 part. First the tube that was connected to my bleach dispenser had a small slit in it causing the bleach to overflow inside the outer part of the machine and leak out onto my floor. The second part of the problem was a defective part totally. The large round plastic piece under the detergent dispenser/fabric softener dispenser/bleach dispenser was the 'old' piece. It had very narrow openings for the detergent, etc to flow into. The tech ordered a new large round dispenser piece and a new bleach hose and came back a few days later to fix the machine.

I kept both defective pieces just in case I need them for any class action lawsuits in the future.

When the tech first came to my home (laptop and cell phone in tow) I watched him service my machine to diagnose the problem. I was completly shocked and utterly disgusted at what I witnessed when he lifted up the top of my machine. There was sooooooo much RUST under my machine top because that bleach hose had sprung a leak. I wanted it replaced and I was told my the tech, his supervisor and someone named Ed or Jed at Sears Customer Service that RUST is not covered under any warranty. My husband was fuming when he heard this. When the tech came back to fix the 2 DEFECTIVE pieces, I took pictures of all that rust underneath the machine. My husband felt it was just a matter of time before that rust would end up ruining our clothing inside the machine. I have called Sears and written to Sears and all I've gotten is the same answer from everyone. That being RUST is not covered under their Warranty. I have told them that if their DEFECTIVE hose hadn't sprayed bleach all over the inside of my machine, then there wouldn't be any rust. They don't care; nor do they want to hear it.

I have never in my life been so disappointed in product and service. We have always purchased our appliances from Sears, but no more. This machine is the worst machine/appliance I have ever owned and Sears and it's service personel are not like they used to be at all. I really regret not geting a washer with agitator. I'm not sold on this agitatorless washing method. Do I think I am saving on water and electricity? Yes, I do, but that is the only thing I am sold on.

I will never shop at Sears again and I do urge all my family, friends, neighbors, coworkers at any opportunity I get to talk about this problem with not to shop there either.

A very DISAPPOINTED former Sears customer.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by   DAVID aBED 0 Votes
Dear All.

I do have the same problem with my washer .(F1)
I even change the inter valve and still will have the same problem.'
I will be going to small claim court and sue the ken more as well as sears. we all can do this on line and it cost about 25.00 for filling fee and let them spend thousand of Dollars to defend themselves and it only 25.00 cost to and once we get to court room with all this similar complaint we have great chance of winning the case.
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Rowekeeper 0 Votes
I have had my kenmore oasis he washer ans dryer in May '06 NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT. I have had a total of 10 services on both machines. i had a year break in service due to our stuff being in storage because my husband was deployed to afghanistan. So we get it out of storage and guess what...FAULT CODES on the dryer. i have also had many fault codes and the big plastic tub inside replaced. It has been a complete nightmare! I had an extended warranty for 3 years and i feel that if the problem isnt resolved and then your warranty runs out, it should be replaced or at least not have to pay for the damn service guy to come fix the problem that was NEVER FULLY FIXED. Im so upset right now about the way this whole thing has gone down. Im sorry to hear that others are going through this but also releaved im not the only one. I have always bought from sears and so has my entire family. I have decided from here in out to never purchase a thing from them. I have a husband in the Army and I have made it apoint at many meetings that we have to tell everyone I know about my terrible washer and dryer, how sears treated us, the extended warranty, and the no help service center. And the lemon department whom I contacted because the service guy that had to keep coming out to our house suggested it to us, he said, I hope you dont mind me saying this, but, this washer and dryer isnt worth your money, its defective. I also had another gentlemen (serive man) come out and tell me the same thing. AND today a new one said that he has worked on 3 of these today and they are crap! So what is Sears gonna do about all these people that have problems with these washers and dryers. Im ready to take action in getting sears to be responsible for this faulty product! Im disgusted and amazed that a company like sears can be so scandaless.
Jennifer Rowe
360-280-6133
javajenn13@yahoo.com.au
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
First allow me to apologize for the delay in finding this post. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I’m terribly sorry that you’ve had this experience with us. Have you been having problems with both the washer and the dryer? There are times when problems are difficult to isolate, especially when they are intermittent and don’t show up when the tech is there. Now, to be clear, we are not the manufacturer, but simply the seller and the servicer, which means if the unit has problems we will provide service. Product quality issues should be referred to the manufacturer. Of course we need to fix the unit(s) once and for all. As for the service people working on your unit(s), yes they may work on more of your model, but that is simply because a popular item sells more and there are more out there. Law of averages dictates that they will work on more than others that weren’t so popular.
I’m going to have one of my team contact you shortly so we can investigate how we can help you with this situation. We don’t want you to be frustrated.
You can also contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com. In the email, please provide your contact phone number and the phone number the washer/dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Rowekeeper) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   Tamyell 0 Votes
I just bought my kenmore Elite Oasis Washing machine in '08 and paid about 700.00 for it and for months now it has also been giving me the blues with repeated F1 codes. I contacted sears and they said that my warranty had recently expired and would come out for 75.00 for the first hour and parts would be extra. I feel that is outrageous, considering this is practically a brand new washer and everyone is having the same problem with it. I feel there should be a recall on this item. My old knob turning washer machine lasted me 10 years and was still working when I gave it away and "upgraded" to this. Please help, I feel scammed.

Sincerly, Tammy L.

luckeyredtammy@aol.com
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   jonmok 0 Votes
I have the same issue with F1 coming up on my Kenmore Elite Oasis washer. It is apparently not covered under the recall for me, and Sears wants to charge me a fortune just to come look at it when everyone knows what the issue is! If Sears can't handle this, I will never be purchasing their products again, and will be advising everyone I know the same thing.

Jonathan
jonmok@yahoo.com
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Ronald B. Rossi 0 Votes
We bought the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer in August of 2007 and pruchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis dryer in September of 2008. Started having problems with the washer in March of 2009, soon after it was out of manufacturer's warrenty. Started with F1 error messages, washer would start/stop, fill up with water and shut off, became very erratic and would start and stop any time. Would even start with the top lid open and during the night without being turned on. By unpluging washer was the only way we could prevent it from starting on it own. Washer malfunctioned for about a month before I called for service, which took over 2 wks. before technician arrived. Said the circuit board was faulty and ordered another but ordered wrong one for our washer. Had to order another board after wrong one arrived. After the same technician installed it, the next day, washer started acting up again. Called for service and was told it would be another 2 wks. before a technician would arrive. Technician didn't arrive on appointed date. Had to call and complain. Another technician arrived days later. This technician stated that the main control circuit panel was causing the problem and ordered same. When new circuit board arrived, we contacted service to send technician to install board and requested that the first technician not be sent.

We had to get our cloths washed at a relative's because we were without a washer for over (3) months. We were extremely frustrated with Sears Customer Service over this matter. They appeared unconcerned that we paid $900.00 for this new style washer and were having so many problems with it. Then charging us so much money to get it repaired.

We are totally disgusted with this Sears washer. Our cloths do not come out clean. The whites are grayish and dingy. Many items have little holes or tears in them after being washed in this washer. In fact, my wife "HATES" this washer. We never had this kind of displeasure with other Sears washers or products that we owned in the past. We regrete we ever purchased this product from Sears. Sears used to sell 'high quality' items and always stood behind their products, but it seems they have forgotten what that means when it comes to their Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer. We also experience malfunctions with our dryer. The timing sequence flucturates sometimes and the cloths don't get dry when it shuts down.

I have researched this washer and dryer on the internet and found numerous sites where people have come forth and voiced their displeasure over this washer and dryer. Last week I placed a request in with Consumers Reports in reference to conducting an investigation to expose the displeasure consumers have experienced with Sears line of Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer. Also, to expose Sears Customer Service for it's negative response to the many complaints that customers have expressed concerning displeasure and complete disgust after purchasing and using this product line of washer and dryer.

Ronald B. Rossi
rossi2359@comocast.net

I have researched this particular
 21st of Aug, 2010 by   Linkslady 0 Votes
Same problem here.. very frustrating to say the least. Has "Brian" helped any of you?

Jackie
Linkslady@aol.com
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   Linda Englander 0 Votes
I too am having the same problem with the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer giving an F1 error message and beeping. I purchased the Kenmore washer and dryer about 3 years ago--and so far, no problem with the dryer; however, I have been living with this F1 error and beeping on the washer for about 3 months now and it is getting old. I called the hotline number and was told to unplug the machine for one minute and Ihave tried that twice, but no luck in correcting the problem. If this is a known problem, then why didn't the rep say so and tell me how to handle it? Very frustrating indeed!
Linda Englander
lenglander@comcast.net
 8th of Sep, 2010 by   rcphillis 0 Votes
I have been getting this F1 error code off and on for over a year. Lately the code has been coming up cycle. I looked up on other forums and have seen that the control board was replaced to fix the issue. Deep into the one forum a person wrote to call Kenmore Service 800-659-7026. I called them and with my serial number starting with CT16 Model # 110.27086601 this is a recall and they are mailing me the part and scheduling the appointment with repairman later this month. She didn't even ask what my problem was with the washer before she asked for my address. Hopefully this fixes the issue for us.

Rich Phillis
rcphillis@msn.com
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   Fernando Vega 0 Votes
I live in PR and look like the problem of F1 code is around the world and nobody want to be responsible for the problem. Sears wash their hands and only want money to resolve your problem.
Fernando
(939) 644-3897
Puerto Rico
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   Fernando Vega 0 Votes
I agree 100 % with complaints. Now we need somebody to let us know what to do. Or to help us. Kenmore is responsible for repair the machine.

Tips for Cyber Monday Shoppers