logo

Recruitment fraud, False Job advert

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine, Raleigh, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Terrible company!

Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine Contacts & Informations

Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine

Posted:    Betty and Gale Winslow

Terrible company!

Sears
Raleigh, North Carolina
Phone: 919-772-4826
Purchased Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer in April 2007. It is now Jan 08 and I cannot get the washer to work. I purchased Service Contract for washer at Sears and have called in that it is not working. Sears cannot get a service repair person to my home for at least a week. No one seems to want to help with this repair even though we purchased the contract.

Received Alywin Lewis's at Sear's mail address but did not receive an e-mail address. His mail address is: 333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estate, IL 60179.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2008 by   Vincent J. Feconda 0 Votes
I have the same washer with the same problems. It bunches all the cloths in a ball and shoots the water out onto the floor. I have had the repairmen out 3 x and they are comming out again on the 29 of january. All they tell me is to lighten the loads and only put one sheet in at a time.

Also this washer has ripped my cloths, sheets and towels and has stained the others. They had to replace the fabric dispenser and the transmission and I've only had this washer for 4 or 5 months.

IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP! DON'T BUY IT! THE WARRANTIES ARE USELESS!
 23rd of Jan, 2008 by   Nirit Swerdloff 0 Votes
Having problems with a 2 year old Calypso model. Sears wants to send someone in 10 days, and then they will probably need to order parts. I am cancelling my warranty (they will refund a portion of the warranty contract) and getting my own repair person. Hope I don't need a new machine. Sears warranty is useless.
 23rd of Jan, 2008 by   Shelley Smith 0 Votes
We purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer in March of 2006 with the extended warranty. Within 6 months, we had repair people out at least twice. The washer would not drain. Sears sent the same repairman each time. He told us the first time he had not been trained on this washer since they were fairly new. He spent his time on the computer and with a cell phone glued to his ear getting advice on how to fix the washer. Both times, he ended up ordering parts and told us to call to schedule an appt. once the parts arrived. The "brain" of the washer had died and had to be replaced. One of the "brains" he ordered didn't work and we went for over a month w/o a washer due to waiting on parts to arrive. I think overall we've had to call Sears 3 times for problems. Now again the washer is not working properly. The lemon law states if you have a repair person out 5 times within a 12 month period, Sears will replace the machine. Well, lucky us, we keep missing that 12 month period. We've had it with the machine and we're buying a new washer this week. It will NOT be a Sears model. And Vincent, I agree with you. The machine bunches up the clothes and does not clean them. We can put a blanket in and it comes out DRY in the middle. A waste of money and our time having to run to the laundry mat to do our wash.
 3rd of Feb, 2008 by   kristy clarkson 0 Votes
We bought our Oasis HE on January 22 of 2008. When I washed my first load of laundry I noticed there was a little bit of water on the floor underneath the front of the washer. It hadn't happened again until tonight-February 3. I am getting more nervous by the day. All of our clothes come out of the washer so wrinkled that if I wanted to air dry anything I would have to spend 30 minutes ironing a single item. I have pulled clothes out of the dryer that are still wrinkled. As a matter of fact, most of our clothes come out of the dryer wrinkled. My husband and I were very excited when we purchased the set at Sears. We even bought the tower that goes between the washer and dryer. I called Sears and of course they will take the items back but we will have to pay a 15% restocking fee. That's approximately $325.00. I feel like the Oasis HE is extremely hard on clothes even if you change the spin cycle to be easier on clothes. I don't think it is the spin cycle. I believe the clothes get so wrinkled and tangled up due to the washing action. My husband has played with the machine. He thinks we should try the "no spin" on the spin speed. Are you kidding me? I just paid $2400 for this set and I am supposed to use no spin for my loads?! I am VERY disappointed at this point. I absolutely love the look of the machines and the fact that the machines save water and energy. However, after trying to dewrinkle a load of clothes 2 or 3 times with no luck, I don't think we are saving any energy. My husband thinks we should give our machines a chance but.... I just don't see how the clothes are getting clean. As much as I hate to admit this-when the Whirlpool Calypso came out I told my mother I would love to have a set someday. She advised me against it. Mom told me to stay with an agitator. Should've listened to her. I think we should eat the $300 and something dollars, get our money back and go to Lowe's to purchase a new set. Any suggestions?
 4th of Feb, 2008 by   Becky Baker 0 Votes
I must agree with all the complaints here. I hope I can save one person from buying the Sears Elite Oasis Washer (Large capacity). I love the dryer.

The machine twists and tears/weakens my jeans. I wish I'd never bought it. Does anyone know if the front loader has as many problems?

My husband bought me the washer/dryer combo for Christmas. I wish I had my old agitator back..
 19th of Feb, 2008 by   Paul & Pat - Suckers 0 Votes
We purchased our Kenmore Elite Oasis HE in May of 2006, and just yesterday had trouble with the washing machine working. After reading all the complaints on this machine, I must agree that the defective part should have been recalled by Sears. We trusted Sears with a variety of large purchases, but if they won't stand by a defective part that they are aware of, I will try to start a crusade of my own to not trust Sears again. We spent over $2,000 on the two machines, and if I wanted a throwaway that would cost me the same as the repair bill Sears will not see my business in the future. It seems to my limited knowledge of these machines, that the control boards are very weak, and very well could be the Time Delay switch is shutting down the whole machine. If I knew what wire controlled the Time Delay it would already be cut. I am going to contact Sears and see if they will satisfy me, if not their repair man will not touch this machine. Thanks to all for making comments on this disposable unit.
 20th of Feb, 2008 by   Rocio Rodriguez 0 Votes
I purchased The Oasis He in April 2006 as an early wedding present to myself. This Washer is so horrible and extremely delicate. I had minimal problems for the first year and then for the last couple of months, my washer took a turn for the worse. It "beeps" throughout the ENTIRE cycle, that is if i can even get it to start when i want. When i press the start button, it automatically goes to the delay start option. I have to keep coming back and to attempt to press start throughout the whole day! Also i don't think it is washing my clothes right because sometimes they come out with a mildewy smell and i have to rewash them. I had a repairman from come look at it and he couldn't fix it, he said he has heard that these models are very bad and didn't want to experiment with my washer by attempting to fix it. He said that most Sears repair men won't know what to do either. He said my only option is to find someone that has experience with that machine or else replace it.
 2nd of Mar, 2008 by   MARK LAWLEY 0 Votes
MY WIFE AND I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT THE MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHING MACHINE FROM SEARS. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. THE MACHINE WAS ALWAYS BREAKING DOWN. I LEARNED OF THE LAWSUIT AGAINST MAYTAG FOR THE NEPTUNE. I FILLED OUT ALL THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK AND WHEN MAYTAG LOST THE SUIT I CONTACTEDD THEM ABOUY GETTING MY NEPTUNE REPLACED OR REPAIRED. THEY TOLD ME I WASA NOT ON RECORD AND REFUSED TO HELP ME EVEN THOUGH THEY ADMITTED THEY LOST THE SUIT AND THE MACHINE WAS A LEMON. I CONTACTED SEARS AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY ON THE NEPTUNE BECAUSE OF THE LAWSUIT AND IT WAS A LEMON. WHEN WE BOUGHT THE NEPTUNE IT CAME WITH A TEN YEAR WARRANTY FROM MAYTAG AND A FIVE YEAR WARRANTY FROM SEARS. I GUESS THE WARRANTIES ARE ONLY GOOD AS LONG AS THE MACHINE IS WORKING. WE TOOK OUR LOSSES AND JUNKED THE NEPTUNE THEN WENT BACK TO SEARS AND BOUGHT A KENMORE ELITE OASIS. NOW THIS WASHING MACHINE IS FALLING APART AND IT IS ONLY A YEAR OLD. SEARS PRODUCTS ARE WORTHLESS AND THEIR SERVICE AND WARRANTIES ARE A JOKE. I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST SEARS FOR THEIR TERRIBLE SERVICE AND PRODUCTS.
 11th of Mar, 2008 by   Fern Taylor 0 Votes
I am having problems with my Kenmore Elite toploading washer. The machine is not broken. The problem is that the technology doesn't work.

Problems with Kenmore Calypso Top Loading Washer
For 3 years, it has been a struggle to get our clothes clean. I often feel that I would be better off going to a laundramat. I am very disappointed with this machine. It does not work. Please read the following problems:

1) Clothes, bedding and linens do not get clean. They do not get fully saturated during the wash and rinse cycles.
2) After a complete washing, a twin size comforter is dry in many spots. After drying comforter, there are white spots all over. That is the soap that was never rinsed out during washing. The salesman at Sears said that the machine could wash a king size comforter. It can’t even clean a small twin size.
3) During last service call, while observing the wash cycle, you could see that the clothes are not being tossed around enough so that all surfaces get wet and properly rinsed.
4) I only can wash 4 towels at a time to make sure that they get clean. I also have to select an additional rinse and additional spin. The salesman at Sears said that you can was 12 towels in one load.
5) Brand new towels have shredded. Lots of threads pulled out of them. I returned the towels (thinking that they were of poor quality). I bought new ones and the same thing happened.
6) The towel problem happened since the machine was brand new. A serviceman came to check out the machine. He said it was okay and the problem was with my older Kenmore dryer. He said that the gasket was old and had hardened causing the towels to be damaged. The repair would be costly, so the repairman said that I might as well purchase a new dryer. I purchased a brand new dryer and that did not solve the problem. It was the washer all along. So, I did not need to purchase a brand new dryer.
7) After washing dark clothes and drying them, there is white soap residue that remains on the clothes.
8) The machine is supposed to conserve water and energy. Why should we have to select an extra rinse and spin cycle to get our clothes clean?
9) Please note: We never overload the machine.
10) This machine does not clean our clothes.
 12th of Mar, 2008 by   Sharon S. Holland 0 Votes
This is the most I ever spent on a washing machine, over $1000. I tried to force Sears to take it back from the beginning. They led me through a long process of requiring service calls before I could return and then after I did everything they asked, I was told "Sears is NOT in the business of exchanging washing machines!" and refused to do another thing. I can't afford to buy anything else and this machine has literally ruined my life. It ruins anything washed in it, nothing comes out clean, clothes that have been washed together safely for years have faded all over each other - and I use cold water! Clothes instantly look worn and old after washing in this machine, if they aren't ruined outright, and I have had many things literally torn to pieces. Any thin material or anything with trim is guaranteed to come apart after a few or even just one cycle. Seams come apart and and lace is ripped off no matter what setting you use. There is no longer any such a thing as 'wash and wear'. No hope of just putting what comes out of that thing in a dryer and shaking and folding without having to iron like I've always been able to do with many types of clothing. Everything comes out tied in unbelieveable knots that are almost impossible to get apart, not just wrinkled for that cycle, but with permanent incredible creases that can't even be ironed out in many cases. They are trying to tell me this is less wear on clothing and linens? An outright lie and Sears knows it. Not only is it not less wear, even just one cycle in the machine makes everything look like it's ten years old. Nothing comes out bright or even smelling like it's been washed. I know these machines are tearing up everyone's clothes because they sent a service person to replace the center agitator or spinner with a newly designed piece, unsolicited. It made no difference at all. And the serviceman himself told me they had to replace all of them and that the machines are no good. If I want to save anything I have to handwash or send to the cleaners, which I can't afford. I just heard about a class action lawsuit against Sears, but it's too late for me to join it. I've always had mountains of laundry to do always because I have three sons, so the effect it has had on our life is unbearable. If you buy this machine you will own a big metal ornament and there is no rememdy, you are helpless to do anything about it. Sears is a dishonest thug.
 29th of Mar, 2008 by   jo 0 Votes
Same problem here. I'm actually looking into lawfirms that'd be interested in taking on Sears. Is anyone else looking into a class action lawsuit?
 7th of Apr, 2008 by   kell 0 Votes
I was so excited about the Kenmore Oasis wash machine that I ordered it before it was even out, back in 2006. I saw the machine on Home Make over and was sold. Little did I know this was a HUGE mistake. One month before the year warranty the whole computer system went out. The Sears repairman said "This has happened, quite abit" Thank God I had the warranty because he told me it cost $1000.00 for the computer. It wasn't a month later that there was a foul odor coming from the detergent compartments. Again, I called the Sears repairman and he said it was water setting on the bottom "getting stail" I wash atleast 2 loads aday. How i the world could that happen?He took the drum apart and cleaned it After about 3 or 4 weeks the smell was back, I called him back. He came and the odor was so bad that he said it was sewer back up. Not the washer. So I called a plumber which said, it was the washer not flushing the rinse water and the water backed up. So I called the Sears man again. He told me that the machine was a lemon and to call a certain number. I called and the person told me that it was to late to declare it a lemon. What a Crock!!! I had the Sears repairman to call and tell of all the problems and yet no luck. So I'm stuck with a smell machine that I use the machine clean cycle almost twice a week to stop the smell.
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   Deb 0 Votes
Oh My God! I have never been so dissapointed in any product in m life. I too purchase the Sears Oasis in 2006. I was so excited knowing I was getting the latest and greatest merchandise on the market. Well what a piece of JUNK...We all need to boycot Sears for selling such an inferior product and not backing it. I have a family of four and like others I wash clothes a lot. It is not convenient to pack up stuff and go to a laundry mat. Right now, I have a washer filled with clothes that's just STOPPED mid-cycle. I am so frustrated. This is the second time in less than 6 months I have had to call Sears to place a repair request. And of course, it at least a week before a repair person can come out. SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!!! My husband was told during our last repair stint... that under your warranty you could get a loaner unit. I'm thinking okay... What that is - is you arranging to have a rental unit brought to you home... you paying the cost up front...and then getting reimbursed by Sears... RIGHT...
I am so frustrated that I am going to INCURR another expense and buy another washers... I just want this washer OUT OF MY HOUSE...
 14th of Apr, 2008 by   Kathy 0 Votes
I purchased the Oasis washing machine and dryer 2 years ago. I did not purchase the extended warranty. My thought was that a $2000 set should last longer than a year. I thought they were wonderful at first. The washing machine needs to be recalled. IF I can get it to start, it beeps nonstop. If I do not unplug the machine when the lid is open, it will start spinning and spraying water. This could be very dangerous! It has happened when I am reaching in to get laundry. I will be calling Sears to see how much it will cost to fix, however, I don't think that it is worth fixing. I have been noticing a mildew smell also. I would love to find out the Sears is recalling the machines or that there is a class action lawsuit.
 14th of Apr, 2008 by   Chuck Murtha 0 Votes
We purchased the oasis over a year ago with complaints from day one about the wrinkled clothes. The sears person told us we weren't using the machines correctly. We also noticed the large amount of lint and the foul smell from the washer(after long nose searching). We were back several times through the year warranty but the salesman said it wasn't the machines fault. Last week we were in the store and the new sales person said the owner (who sold us the machines) had had several complaints against him and they bought him out to get rid of him. Now it's my word against nobodys that this problem was never attempted to be fixed. I would join a suit against them.
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   Patrick 0 Votes
Our machine broke down after a few months. It was a sock stuck in the pump. The repairman said that the machines were prone to that. Now it has been over a year, and we are out of warantee. The same problem has occurred. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I love the capacity, but it looks like this design is really bad. Sears ought to cover these obvious design flaws.
 4th of May, 2008 by   kathy 0 Votes
i brought my washer in april 2007 i did buy the extended
warranty thank God but trying to get it repaired has been
a true nightmare i have been without a washer since april 19th
2008. they tell me the parts are on back order i have called
repeatly. i called 1-800-549-4505 the customer service complaint dept. several times finally receaching a danille who
stated that i could rent a machine at rent a center and be reinbursed however rent a center wants alot of personal information that i don't want to give out so now im stuck going
to the laundry mat . i have dealt with sears for 35 years and
have never had any problems with service . i agree this washer
needs to be recalled i would also join in a lawsuit.
 10th of May, 2008 by   Al Abernathy 0 Votes
We bought the Oasis the first year it was available--2006. It ran well for 2 years and then the computer went bad. It runs through all the spin cycles as the machine is running and once it started running onits' own. The repairman was no help--"needs to be replaced".
 11th of May, 2008 by   judi +1 Votes
I purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis in March of '07 w/o the extended warranty. Since then, it has ruined $500 worth of our clothing. I didn't realize it was the washer causing the tears in my clothes until right after the 1 year warranty was expired. I should've listened to my husband when he said to buy the washer with the agitator! I will try to call Sears on Monday morning, but I'm not very optimistic. Any advise from anyone who has dealt with the customer service department before?
 28th of May, 2008 by   joe 0 Votes
first things first-the oasis does have some issues, but the truth is, most people dont know how the machine should and does work.read the owners manual.too many people compare it to thier old machine they used to have.it operates in different ways.example--uses less water, recirucalets water on to clothes and starts a slow spin at the begenning of the cycle to do this.theese features are regulated by the goverment.someday you will not be able to buy a deep fill washer, due to water waste.the oasis is made by whirlpool corp and sold under the kenmore name.cabrio washer and oasis washer are the same machine just look a little different but performe the same.the calypso washer is like the oasis.very misunderstand machine.whirlpool did have some pump issues with the calypso washer, but many were consumer abuse.example--bra's go in a knit bag along with lingerie!problem is bra underwire loosens from bra and gets into pump.not the machine's fault.anyways back to the oasis its all digital and electronically controlled which is what attracts people, along with the the pretty color, and with that in mind all the people who sent negative remarks about the oasis need to remember how many times they have home computer issues, and dont know why.well its because its smarter than you and me, like the oasis washer is.read and understand the manual, and if you have a glass top watch the washer run.

Beware When Shopping Online