logo

Corporation For Character
Misleadingly Vague "survey"
2. (7 mins ago)
3Psychics.com Scam FRAUD Spell Rip Off Spellcaster Crime Gang 1-877-398-0778
3Psychics.com took my money and stopped answering my calls!
3. (11 mins ago)
JDNETT PROFITS
FRAUD
4. (15 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
5. (16 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

SEARS KENMORE ELITE FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR Complaints & Reviews - Dept of Energy Agreement does not compensate me properly

SEARS KENMORE ELITE FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR Contacts & Informations

SEARS KENMORE ELITE FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR

Posted:    guillot163

Dept of Energy Agreement does not compensate me properly

SEARS LG
THE US DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY REACHED AN AGREEMENT WITH LG ELECTRONICIS IN REFERENCE TO SEARS TRIO & ELITE FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR/FREEZERS WITH THROUGH THE DOOR ICE/WATER, WITH MODEL NUMBERS STARTING WITH 795, MANUFACTURED BY LG.
The above described units have lost their Energy Star rating, are not energy efficient, and if you 'Google' DOE AGREEMENT LG REFRIGERATOR ENERGY, you will find that; LG manufactured the Sears French Door refrigerator / freezer, and that LG knew of the US Dept. of Energy's procedures for confirming claims made by the manufacturer (LG) in order to obtain the Energy Star rating (this is also the monetary amounts shown on the yellow tag that advise you as the amount of money this unit should cost to operate for one year), and with that knowledge, LG maliciously and intentionally inserted a circuit board, that would recognize the fact that DOE testing was occuring, and would shut down certain operations of the product, so that a false reading would show the utilization of less electricity than the unit would really utilize in your home or during testing.
LG being aware that the seal on the doors are not keeping in the cold, and the front doors are insulated improperly, especially in the area of the ice maker (this is why if you touch the font doors, they are cold, the sides are not), hence, a refrigerator that is statically giving off too much cold air, and not keeping the cold inside the refrigerator, and doubling the cost of the operation of the unit.
LG knowing all of this, placed in the circuit board, an ap that when certain criteria was met (as in testing, AND during your your personal use, etc.) the unit would shut down the operation of the refrigerator/freezer, thus falsely reporting a lower energy useage. The ap shuts down the part of the unit that keeps the humidiy low (frost free) in the refrigerator and freezer, thus when a certain ambient temperture in a certain area of the refrigerator/freezer unit is reached, the unit shuts down, resulting in food & drink in the refrigerator being covered in condensation, uneven cooling, foods not being kept at 40 degrees or less (as required when refrigeration is required of a food), and now the need of your residence's HVAC system to compensate for the energy loss from the refrigerator into your kitchen, etc.
This now explains why I must set the thermostat temps far below 40 degrees in the refrigerator and far below zero in the freezer, to keep food cold and or frozen. It explains why the inside of my refrigerator is always full of condensation, and different areas are different temperatures.
LG agreed with DOE that they are willling to send a tech out to replace the circuit board, so that your energy consumption doubles, while it is alledged that inside the refrigerator and freezer the humidity will be kept low and free of frost, while not fixing the front doors problem.
LG is will to send the consumer 7-30 dollars, per year, for a period UP TO 14 years as compensation for additional energy uesage of the unit.
Why has no one sued SEARS & LG yet? This would be a class, and the circuit board, already caught by DOE, which LG has admitted to fraudulently placing in the unit, is evidence against LG, proving intentional fraud. The amount to make me whole again is much more than $4 a year.
Sears has made no attempt to contact me in this matter. Calls to Sears are fruitless, as they claim to not know anything about this matter. Calls to LG result in being told that since I didn't send my registration card in, they could not find me to notify me, even though I paid for it through my Sears account.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Aug, 2010 by   DennyMarie +1 Votes
Just 2 days ago our light housing melted. When we opened the refrigerator it was warm, everything on the top shelf had baked and you could see the wires had shorted and left the tell-tale singe marks. I too want a new refrigerator. I don't want to wait until it shorts out again and this time possibly causing a fire in the middle of the night.
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   cab5053 0 Votes
I had a very negative experience with a Sears appliance that needed to be repaired. It was an incredibly frustrating experience from the repair department to customer service. I have joined a class action against Sears and their corrupt practices. If you are interested in joining, email me at cab5053@yahoo.com. Something needs to be done about Sears' outrageous conduct and we should be compensated for the money we have lost and all they have put us through!
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   cab5053 0 Votes
 21st of Nov, 2010 by   nataly_8 0 Votes
i have the same LG French Door Refridgerator and have had nothing but problems with it!! My temperatures are set far below the standard setting and now we have a problem with the freezer leaking water on a daily basis and leaving frost everywhere in the freezer. Why hasn't a class action law suit been brought up? I think we should start one!! Not only with the refridgerator but with the washer and dryer made by them as well!! I will not purchase from sears again.
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   alsmom 0 Votes
I purchased my Kenmore Elite LG French Door Refrigerator less than 2 years ago. The ice maker stop working 4 months ago and started back up. It then stopped again. I called sears and they told me that it would take a couple hundred of dollars to fix, but If I was to purchase additional warranty, I would not have to pay for the part. Kenmore sent someone out to replace the part shortly after I purchased the refrige, but I never got a check to help for the light bill as they promised. I actually forgot about it until I started having problems. Of course Sears knew nothing about it. My husband finally called sears today and at our expense, they are replacing the ice maker, but from the complaints that I read above, it appears that this will not fix the problem. Yes, please add me to the complaint list so we can do something about this.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   upset in G/V 0 Votes
We are having problems with our 2010 model Kenmore Elite French door refrigerator. Bought it 5/31/10. It started smelling bad 11/17/10 when it was running and fan was on. It was very strong at first, then stopped for a few weeks. Started again in Dec., not as strong. Called Sears for repair service. Before they could come, it stop again, so we canceled service. We called again for service due to recurrent smell and repairman came 1/17/11. Once again it did not smell when he came. He removed back cover over motor. Could not find cause. Left with no determination of problem. This AM (1/23/11)) we awoke to a terrible smell again. We have another service call set for 1/25.11. Does anyone know what is causing this awful odor??
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   r&b blaylock 0 Votes
go ahead and add us to the growing list of complaining comments on sears kenmore elite french door refrig. ours is 3-yrs old and from day 1 the veggie and deli bins have frozen lots of produce, some could be used for soups, some totally worthless. not major enough to complain about i was told, but now we have major!! the waterline gizmo(on refrig itself) sprung (2) separate tiny leaks which when you pressed water or ice sprayed againt back wall and ran down behind floor board and spread out between subfloor and laminate flooring causing wet/molding. the floor had started to warp is how this was brought to our attention. needless to say, everything is being tore out and replaced-sub floor, walls, laminate flooring plus repainting. there are (3) different contracters working on the project as we speak so i cant give a total outcome as yet. this will take a minimum of a month to complete. but sears has not offered any compensation, although they have sent a bill for $262.50 (cost to repair refrigerator parts.)
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   dnrv65 0 Votes
We also have a 3 door Fridgidaire refrigerator model number 795.7759600. Have had it for 2 or 3 years and have had a lot of problems. All of the ones stated above about frost in the freezer caused by the icemaker. Also have always had the annoying problem of ice falling out the back of the icemaker bin and onto the floor each time you slide the icemaker basket out to retreive ice.
Most importantly, we have had the problem with the lights sticking on. This is definately a fire hazard and I filed a complaint with the CPSC about it. I will be contacting Sears and then probably the BBB to see about getting this fixed. I too want a new fridge or al least a significant pro-rated amount to put towards a new one, not Kenmore or LG obviously
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   eplitt 0 Votes
I have this refrigerator as well. It was purchased in 2010 as a replacement for a refrigerator that had a small part that broke. Since the fridge was covered under my maintenance agreement and they couldn't find the part (nothing that I would have replaced the fridge for) Sears replaced it. I chose this even though I had to add almost $500.00 to the tab. This is an eyeopener. I had no idea that others were having these problems. The icemaker is a royal pain and although I love having the bottom freezer & the amount of room in the refrigerator we have had nothing but trouble with the icemaker and I don't know what I can do about that. I would be willing to find out if we have some legal recourse.
 12th of May, 2011 by   mijo30012 0 Votes
We have just said good bye to the Sears repairman for the 4th time as they try to fix our ice maker. It has now been repaced twice.The unit is not that old (less than 3 years!) THis is a piece of crap!
Now I read these posts, and am really upset about LG. THis is a Korean company, and we need to get the word out not to buy any LG product!
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   Orvis Haney 0 Votes
I have a Kenmore Elite Model 795 refrigerator. This is the worst refrigerator I have ever owned. The ice maker is a total joke. It makes so little ice that it's practically useless. You can't get a standard height glass under the water dispensor without turning it to an angle that the glass overflows without being full. At times items in the refrigerator section freeze and at other times they are not cold enough. I now have an error message - Er 1F showing. I looked in the book furnished with the refrigerator - NO HELP AT ALL. I now understand why Sears bugs it's coustomers to death to buy the service agreement! It's not just to make money - IT'S A WARNING.

I'm in a quandry - Throw the thing away and buy another brand or pay for a fix that apparently doesn't help.
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   Python287 0 Votes
Keep in mind that when you purchase a extended warranty from Sears -there is a built in commission for the sales person. Instead go to a Lowe's - as they price match any other store- and their extended warranties have no hidden fees.

Sears is a criminal element as far as I am concerned- they don't care what happens to you or your appliance- after you leave the store.

If you have a problem with a Kenmore Appliance - send your complaint to: feedback@cutomerservice.sears.com

This will get results - be polite but stick to your guns..
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
Dear Orvis Haney:
My name is Susan and I’m part of the Social Media Escalations team. I saw this comment and I want to reach out to you to see if we can be of assistance. I am very sorry that you have had or are currently having so many problems with your refrigerator. We value your business very much and want to help you resolve the issues you are having. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Orvis Haney) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
 2nd of Jul, 2011 by   Kathy2011 0 Votes
We are having the same trouble. We have had 5 replacement refigerator and now the seal on the door is tearing. I got the same song and dance about the $70 to look at it. I do not intend to pay them a dime. This is a warranty issue. I will never do business with Sears again. We are selling our home and I will be shopping at Lowes or Home Depot, never Sears again.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   cyndi shelton 0 Votes
my trio is a piece of crap...spent 1900.00 in june 2005 and today completly warm and everything in freezer defrosted waiting for repair man tomorrow now no fridge and everything ruined...i will never buy anything from sear ever ever ever again
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   Severensen 0 Votes
Sears "Elite" Refrigerators are pieces of crap! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, I guarantee it will need countless repairs, and they will eventually add up to more than you paid for the refrigerator in the first place. I have had an Elite side by side since 2002 and it has been repaired 7 times already! Sears does not stand behind their products anymore, and the "customer service" is a joke. Sears is not the company they used to be, don't be fooled!
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   fred w 0 Votes
I am more than will to join a class action lawsuit against sears and LG. The inside light stays on sometimes and ruins the food, so now I have a $1000 fridge with no inside light- firenems7721@juno.com
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   Pattiboy 0 Votes
I just bought a new Grab and Go Kenmore Elite 795-7206. Will check date of production, but wondering if they have resolved the problems re cooling, ice units and, good heavens, fires. "They", Sears...says if we have problems, they will replace it with a refrigerator of same value... I am concerned, altho it is 2012, and these complaints were 2009.
Please let me know. Thanks.
 11th of May, 2013 by   Donald G 0 Votes
I purchsed a kenmore elite french door/bottom freezer model 795.72049.110 in May 2012. No major issues yet. I am wondering about the energy efficient certification on this model and if it has the circuit board issues, etc. Our complaints are the spring hinge on the left door which dosent "close" the sealing flap completely and you have to push it back in each time you open the doors. A small spring at the bottom hinge is not adequate to pull the flap back. Ice maker is generally ok, but does spray ice out on the floor, etc.
 20th of May, 2013 by   drmart 0 Votes
We have a Sears Elite Refrig model #795.72052.111 which has started malfunctioning at 11 months. Error message Er fF. Freezer fan replaced, mother board replaced, still malfunctioning. Sears tells me we have to have 4 service repair calls to engage the "lemon" law. I find it interesting that so many of you have had problems with the Elite refrigerators. I thought I was getting a Whirlpool product, sad to hear it was manufactured by LG. Sears has lost a 40 yr customer over this product. By the way we paid over $3500 including a 5 year service contract, delivery and installation, and so far cannot get any satisfaction from Sears. Now I find they lied about the energy savings. Maybe these facts are why I rarely see other customers in Searsl.

Madoff Admits Running 50bn Scam