logo

Posted: 2012-12-11 by    Teri Hadlock

Delivery

Sears
Spring, Texas
I purchased a Whirlpool 22cu ft side by side fridge on Thursday December 6, in store. I paid for delivery and installation, and was promised the delivery to occur on Monday. I made arrangements for a deer I had processed to be delivered on Tuesday 24 hrs with a working fridge would be enough time to accept the meat. I received 3 calls over the weekend detailing that someone over the age of 18 needed to be at the house to accept the delivery, that I needed to make sure all entrances to the house would accommodate the delivery of the fridge, and that the fridge would be delivered on the morning of Monday December 10 between the hours of 9:30 - 11:30. 10:00 and I receive a call from delivery dispatch being told that my fridge that I had purchased was not in fact going to be delivered, that it was damaged, and she couldn't help me further and promptly hung up on me. Ignoring the fact that all the merchandise on the sales floor were plastered with notices informing us that all the products had been thoroughly tested and were in fact in working order, I received not one call between Thursday when I purchased the fridge and Monday when the fridge was promised according to both sales associate and the multiple robo calls I received telling me that the fridge was damaged, please let us make it better for you so you can get a fridge. NOPE didn't happen.
I spent two hours on the phone with the manager Bill trying to get this worked out. I had been given some options: "we can order the exact same fridge brand new from the manufacturer and you will simply pay the difference"... NO! and "you can wait 7-10 business days for us to issue you a full refund of the merchandise"... NO!!! I had to be the one to tell them that another location had similar fridges and I didn't need to see them to agree to make an exchange. The manager Bill supposedly tracked down another comparable fridge; and issued me an e-receipt telling me the fridge WOULD be here this morning Tuesday 12/11. I received yet another robo call last night with the same information as before; someone must be 18 to receive the fridge at the residence, make sure the doorways are clear and can accommodate the purchase, and oh yeah btw we will be there between 10:45-12:45 to make the delivery. 9:30 this time, I receive a phone call... NOT delivering the fridge... again...
Theresa with delivery dispatch tells me basically she doesn't care, its not her problem, and has no idea why the delivery can not be completed, and hangs up on me. Second time I've been hung up on by delivery in two days. I call the store, the manager is not in, and they can't do anything to help me. I call customer service, they can't help me because I didn't order the fridge online. I call back to the store, still no help there because the manager is still not in. Call in to corporate office in Chicago, they direct me to customer service. At this point the customer service agent tells me that instead of issuing a delivery order for the exchanged fridge, he instead re-issued delivery on the original damaged fridge aka why I have no fridge delivered today, because delivery will not deliver a damaged product.
Call back into the store, Bill still has not appeared, its 11:34 and there is no resolution to my issue. I don't have a fridge, I paid for one, but I certainly don't have one.
I have 100lbs of deer meat arriving today based on the assumption that I would have a fridge delivered yesterday, I'm out two days of work, and I can't take anymore time off to wait for non-delivery of product, and I certainly can't wait 7-10 business days for a refund.
I just want the fridge I purchased, or a comparable model in my house today so I don't have to waste anymore time, energy, or money on this.
I certainly wont be making anymore purchases with sears, and I'll be making sure that none of my friends, or family, or even random strangers I meet on the street will be either.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2008 by   Vickie Byrd 0 Votes
I will never do bussiness with Sears and I hope no one will that reads this.
1.THEY LIE
8.AFTER HANGING UP WITH IN 10 MIN DRIVER CALLS
9.THEY DONT KNOW THEIR HEAD FROM A HOLD IN THE GROUND
10. THEY DONT NEED OUR MONEY
 23rd of Nov, 2008 by   len 0 Votes
delivery has been running me around since purchase.next day advertised but not given because of sunday purchase.fine .delivery scheduled for thurs 11-20.called by svc told one item on 11-20 other on 11-21.wont do.rescheduled for am sunday.call comes saying delevery on 11-23 but between 4:45 and 6:45 PM.will call first thing 11-23 am to rearrange to am still havent called.will not deal with sears again!!!
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   Leigh 0 Votes
I went to Sears to purchase a dishwasher. One of my first questions was whether they would bring the product up the flight of stairs to my home. They said they would and that I might be charged a delivery fee by the delivery team. I later asked what the fee would be. Neither the sales person nor the sales person's supervisor would tell me what that cost would be (it ended up being 10% of the product price!) I asked why they could not have told me during the sale what the price of delivery would be - could they not call and ask the delivery people? They said, no they could not find out who was delivering it and what the charge would be. I then asked if they'd be willing to discount the cost of the product to compensate for the high delivery charge. They said no. I asked the delivery team if they would discount their charge or remove it. They said no as well. On top of all this, the delivery date I was promised at the store could not be met; the delivery team quoted me a date that was several days beyond that.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   bound4aruba 0 Votes
On Sunday November 15, 2009 I purchased a Kenmore stove from SEARS. They stated that the stove would not be available until 11/29/09. I stated that I REQUIRE a MORNING DELIVERY since I work beginning Sunday afternoons. On Saturday 11/28/09 I received an automated voice stating that my delivery was set for 2:30 -4:30 11/29/09 (Sunday Afternoon). The automated system went on to state if that was not acceptable to press buttons to get things changed. THIS WAS A WORTHLESS PROCESS! The person that I spoke to state that she was unable to help; this problem (process) is automated.

I had already priced a similar Frigidaire at one of the competitor (Lowe's) and I was told that delivery there was going to be WHEN I REQUESTED. The only reason that SEARS was chosen was because the Salesman assured me that the Kenmore purchased was superior to the Frigidaire that Lowe's had. Since I had to WAIT for two weeks for the delivery I would have EXPECTED that my morning delivery request would have been observed since it should have been the first order to be sent for that day.

Now here is the kicker if I had taken off of my Job for that day, DUE TO SEARS' inadequacies and inability to accommodate its customers it would have been for naught! The delivery driver called my house, since he was not aware that the delivery had been cancelled the day before, at approximately 5:15 pm and not arriving until 6:45 pm. If I had known that he would be SO late I would not have taken the overtime that was offered.
 11th of Jan, 2010 by   LunaTec 0 Votes
At 7am on Monday morning I received a call from Sears delivery to inform me of the window of time I would be receiving my refrigerator. It was pitch dark out and I had to run up a flight of stairs to get the phone. I have a heart condition and honestly almost had a heart attack. When the phone rings in the middle of the night you think someone has died. When I found out it was just the sears delivery man I couldn't believe it. I told him that he couldn't do that. Wake a customer up at the crack of pre-dawn like that. I told him a robot had already called me days before and provided a number for me to call if I wasn't OK with the time period. But I was Ok with the time period. Then the delivery guy hung up on me! So I call customer service and have to endure a very loud recording of a woman saying the same sentence over and over again. Finally a human comes on the phone and tells me I've been rescheduled. No one informed me of that. Apparently the children are running the business over there unsupervised. So retaliation is their store policy? I then call another number, the national customer service number. I ask for a manger and get a "delivery specialist" instead. He hangs up on me. He pretends I'm too upset for him to endure. I recorded the call. Let's let the jury decide if I deserved to be hung up on, again. I of course canceled my order. I informed my credit card company to withhold payment. And I will be seeking legal action. I have never been treated so poorly by a company before. I will never ever buy so much as a nail at Sears again. The man's number who initiated this nightmare is 360-449-2519. He should be fired. If Sears' policy is to wake people in the middle of the night and give them heart attacks, then hang up on them and exact revenge by rescheduling the delivery without permission from the customer, then he's doing just fine. I, on the other hand, am going to Lowe's. :)
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   mamabacki 0 Votes
I Just bought a new freezer from Sears and had a delivery date, when the freezer came it was damaged so I refused delevery. The delivery man called and told them what was wrong, and gave me the phone. I told them the freezer was damaged and I did not want and wanted a new one delevered right away. I had to wait another 4 days for delivery. Meanwhile the food I had taken out of my old freezer spoiled and I lost over $300. in frozen food.
First of all I find it very offensive that I have to speak to someone thousands of miles away in a foreign country that hardly speak english, and try to explain to them what I want! Second I think Sears should reimburse me for the food I lost because they sent a damaged freezer!
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   dudertonmcnally 0 Votes
Or you could have left the food in the old freezer until you knew the new one was working. Stupid fuck.
 12th of Sep, 2011 by   Squirlly 0 Votes
Ordered a microwave via Sears web site. Took almost a month for it to arrive.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   Squirlly -1 Votes
I did have it shipped to the local store. And when we would call to see if it had finally arrived, local store would tell us we needed to call a different number. aka: "The Run-Around"
You should really get your facts straight, before you comment.
 10th of Jul, 2012 by   bioly_pl 0 Votes
i ordered a mattress and it was suppose to be delivered today between 4pm and 6pm, i got off work earlier just to be home and its 8pm already, just now i received a phone call that they wont be able to deliver it today and not even tomorrow but the day after.!.pure nonsense I waist my time, I waist my money and they are fooling around.!.will never buy anything from Sears..!.
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   Jdogg69 0 Votes
Sears Purchase
Saturday Dec 1st we purchased a $2000 refrigerator and paid to have it delivered on Sunday. Today the deliveryman came to our house in a bad mood with a poor attitude. He complained about the five stairs up to the kitchen and proceeds to tell me that the unit would not fit in the hole. He also stated that I would have to cut my cabinet. I told him I measured the opening and made sure that there was ample room available for the appliance. He continued to argue with me so we went outside and measured the actual case. There was 1 ¾ clearance above the unit. At this point, I knew that this person was trying to avoid this delivery. After proving him wrong on the dimension of the unit, his attitude became worse. He removed the fridge from the truck with an un-padded dolly and slammed it down horizontally in the street. He removed the wood crate from the bottom and wildly pulled the unit up my driveway as the fridge rocked back and forth almost tipping into my parked van. After he set the unit upright, I noticed that the bottom of the fridge was damaged from his rough handling. I brought the damage to his attention and he became irate. He threw his hands up in the air and canceled the job. He called Sears delivery services and told him I would not accept the unit. After he lied to them, he handed phone over to me to state my case. I gave Sears an ear full. I held back nothing! I didn’t care if the installer was standing right next to me. I was so mad I could have spit fire. We had our old fridge emptied out and all our food was in coolers. After I hung up with Sears, the installer started getting aggressive with me for telling them the true chain of events. He got in my face in a combative way and my wife started to reach for the phone to call the police. This person was a real thug! Complete trash! Let me add that my wife and 2 small children witness this whole event. I called my local Sears store in Portage, IN and talked to Larry the store manager. He was a great help and very understanding. He told me that they would reschedule the delivery but my wife is afraid to be here alone with the installers. I told Larry if that same person were to come back, I would call the local police. What happened to Sears? They were once a company you could trust! We did not receive one single piece of compensation for this horrible event. Maybe Sears would have liked to of been in the paper for one of their installers being arrested. Not sure if we will ever buy another item from Sears again! Very hard to let go and ruined our day.
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   a1oldman 0 Votes
I am in the same boat right now
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   a1oldman -1 Votes
I agree with you Sears does not care about their customers. They will be out of business soon as non of my family or friends are now going to buy from them either so if everyone who is suffering will let their friends and family know they will not buy and eventually they will be out of business and I cannot wait for that day to come .
 20th of Dec, 2012 by   Fuzzy1 0 Votes
On 12/6, I purchased a floor model washer from Sears in Janesville to be delivered today. The stock guys were in the process of removing it from the sales floor while I was there. They call last night to confirm delivery. This morning they call again to cancel, NOT because of the weather but because the washer had not yet made it to the warehouse. Hmmmmm, odd, they had 2 weeks to get it there. When asked why, I was told the delivery contractors forgot to take it on TUESDAY 12/18. Hmmm if they forgot it on Tuesday, why in blue blazes did they not go back on Wednesday? The best they could do was offer to get it here next week even under the threat of loss of sale and they were all too willing to cancel the sale. Sears accepts no responsibility as they contract their deliveries. Hmmmmmmm, odd, you contract with these clowns yet you are not responsible? I will be washer shopping on Saturday. Moral to the story, unless you can take it with you DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!

Will the Lottery Fund Your Retirement?

Latest Groups