logo

Posted: 2012-11-22 by    Sears Black Friday Ad Bummer

Black Friday Ad

Sears
Sandpoint, Idaho
I received the Black Friday Ad in the local paper of the small town we live in. I found the ultimate deal, a Toshiba 50" class LED 1080p HDTV for $299.99. The ad specifically said "At least 4 per store". I was FIRST in line anxiously awaiting the 8 pm opening. When the door was opened I was told that the ad did not apply to the store in my town because it is a Appliance and Hardware store. The store in my town does not carry TVs or Electronics, the ad was meant for Full Line Stores only. It did not say anything about that in the ad, even in the fine print. If it had stated that in the ad I would not have wasted my time waiting for the 8 pm opening. Why is it not stated in the ad that it only applies to Full Line Stores? Why was the ad in the local paper if it didn't apply to the store in my town? Why was it not available for for the first 4 people wanting the TV to get it ordered in honoring the ad? I have been shopping at Sears for years and have bought many big ticket items. I will not be shopping at Sears in the future. I am horribly disappointed with the false advertising in the Black Friday Ad for 2012. If lost business is what Sears was looking for they got it here.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Dec, 2008 by   J.R. 0 Votes
Sears made me feel like I was the only one who was unhappy with not getting my Sansung washer and dryer pair. That made it sound like most of the customers were happy with the GE or Frigidare units. I too went to the local Sears store and checked out the other brands. I agree that neither set are the quality and value I was getting with my Samsung purchase. I also called Samsung and found out the Samsung units are still available. I would like to see Sears step up and do the right thing and honor the ad to those who bought them on Black Friday. I am sick about the whole thing. And like other people I could have gone somewhere else on Black Friday and purchased my washer and dryer but I thought Sears was the best value. Maybe I thought wrong. If Sears does not make good on this one I may not go back. I will take my business to a company I can trust.
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by   SKOR +1 Votes
The back page of the flyers lists the locations participating.
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   Alma F. -1 Votes
Oh yeah you're right about that FALSE ADVERTISEMENT . I know it's against Advertising Code. I am from Illinois and I made an online purchase last nov.20, 2012 for a Sony Bravia 46" LED TV for their "Early Birds Shoppers for MEMBERS ONLY" and was told to wait for email confirmation on when to pick- up the item at a store near me Black Friday came no email, Saturday came, I went to the store to know the status of it. They checked on it and told me that it's there and wait, only to be notified after almost an hour that it was a mistake and it's not in the store yet. I went home so mad. The next day Sunday, I received an email that's it ready for pick-up, went back again and was told for the second time "it's not there" and said they will call me, truly enough a supervisor from the store called and said this" the item is no longer available and was discontinued. in return for my inconveniences they are giving me a hundred dollars discount on any tv in the store whether it's on sale or regular price and was so sorry about it " Wow just like that I rejected the offer because I saw the product again on their online CYBER MONDAY DEALS. I wrote the VP of their Customer Services about it, but no response at all. They don't care, I was so stressed out and embarrass going back the store and really disgusted by this experience at the Sears Store. I wasnt able to buy a tv on the black friday sale because of this now they are on regular price. I also had a sad experience online at their Kmart Store but it's another story.
 28th of Nov, 2012 by   marriotthill -1 Votes
Another state but... in Pineville, NC, Waited in line only to discover that Sears never shipped diamond earrings in black friday ad to them. While waiting for rain check which we doubt they will honor... the Gastonia, NC store called asking if they had the earrings because they didn't gotten them either!

Foreclosure - Options to Pursue, Scams to Avoid