logo

Djchihuahua.com
Fraud
4. (18 mins ago)
Facebook
Relationship status on facebook not working
5. (20 mins ago)

Sears 1-800-4-MY-HOME Contacts & Informations

Sears 1-800-4-MY-HOME

Posted:    Valerie

Poor service

I have had problems on several occasions now with Sears 4 MY Home Service. Today is no exception. I set up an appointment for the morning with my taking off of work. The service person does not show up nor call. Last week I had an appointment set up for the same problem. Nobody from Sears called. Finally I called and found out that I would have to reschedule, because the service tech assigned to me called in sick. I don't understand how a large organization can schedule, and not have other techs available, when one tech calls in sick.

I have also had problems with a tech coming out on no less than 3-4 occasions and replace the same part, when it did not fix the problem. On top of that, his people skills were very lacking. Finally, I got a different tech, who fixed the problem, which did require replacing a more expensive part in my washing machine.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2008 by   J. Frierson 0 Votes
Sears is terrible. I am never buying any more appliances from them. My washer broke and it took them forever to come out and fix it. I asked to be reimbursed for laundry mat fees and that was in February. Now it is April. Now my washer is doing the same thing when the tub broke the last time. The tech was trying to say that I was overloading the washer too much. Come on I have been washing forever and I know how to wash clothes. I hate Sears. I have four kids and laundry mat fees are 30.00 and up for me per week. When I spend my money the product needs to be reliable.
 13th of May, 2008 by   Stephen Davis 0 Votes
I have been waiting for 3 days for Sears to come out and fix my wash machine. First I received a phone call stating that someone will be out of Friday5/9/08. After having my father waiting at my house all day, no one showed up. I get another call on Saturday, the very same thing. No one showed up. I get a call on Monday, again no one showed up. How can you run a successful business when you have no employees doing their job!! This is absolutely riduculous. I have never seen such a low attribute of service. After having my house custom designed with all of the appliances from Sears, I am extremely belittled. I will never shop at Sears again. For my next project ( my garage), I'm going somewhere else.
 27th of May, 2008 by   Divyanka Tripathi 0 Votes
Sears is dumb! I called 18004myhome, but the persom did show up! It was supposed to be $65 for the price of coming to our home. We thought something was wrong with our refrigerator, but it turned out nothing was wrong with it. The tech charged a bizzare price of $353! This made me mad. Nothng was wrong with the refrigerator, but he charged even more than the regular price for home service! I felt like sueing sears! I thought it was just a scam, so, I didn't give money. I called sear service and they said it was supposed to be $353! This made me even more mad. They said they were going to charge 3% more interest because I didn't pay for the check! This made me pay more. I wanted to sue sears, but I didn't! Sears is a horrible service!!!
 9th of Jul, 2008 by   achamblee 0 Votes
We have been without air conditioning since May 23. It is now mid-July. We have had 4 days over 100 degrees. They have admitted the warranty covers the AC. They have sent 3 people over to pretend to measure the unit and get serial numbers for replacement. Hey, Sears! The serial number is on your own paperwork! The local office has successfully dragged their feet and now we are coming up to August. I am sending them a hotel bill and a lawyer's letter, and filing a complaint with bbb.org.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   Annalea 0 Votes
The scheduling people at 1-800-4-M-HOME are lousy. The English skills of the woman I spoke to are superficial, and the cultural and in-depth knowledge necessary to do more than a computer could do are simply not there. I finally had to call a different number to get someone in the United States, who then talked to his manager, who intervened on my behalf. There's no escape, so if you have a service agreement with Sears, hope dearly that you don't need to use it more often than the yearly preventative maintenance checkup.

We might buy from Sears again, but are looking for a less-onerous option next time!
 15th of Sep, 2008 by   c jensen 0 Votes
WE have had nothing but problems w/ Sears repair & will NEVER EVER buy a thing from SEARS. They dont show for sceduled appointments, shedule appoints & dont tell you, show up & dont have the part they are suppose to have, mail parts & send the wrong ones, send multiples of a part when only one is needed... NEVER AGAIN SEARS!
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   Dolores 0 Votes
I have had the exact same issues with my tractor repair...for 3 years in a row I have had the repair tech cancel and not show up every time... I also went the whole summer without the tractor being fixed... starting in early April... they did not get it fixed until August... I had to borrow a neighbors tractor... just to try and keep the lawn managable... very very very disgusted with sears! What did they do to make ammends... a $60 dollar sears credit... they can stick it!
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   Odilia fuentes 0 Votes
I didn't have my credic for a servises that I not recived and I paid
 25th of May, 2009 by   Paul 0 Votes
I have a riding lawnmower/tractor that I purchased from Sears in 1997 and it worked well for 11 years but needed to be tuned up and sharpened and the battery didn't hold a charge well. The guy came on time and the mower worked OK--for a week, and then it wouldn't start because the starter wouldn't engage, just made a clicking noise. The repairman came back and said the starter had worn out, not unusual in an 11-year-old machine. He quoted me a price for replacing it, and then said I could save myself some money by doing it myself. He showed me how and gave me the part number. I ordered one online and replaced it myself. The Sears guy didn't even charge me for coming back, since it had been such a short time since he came before. I don't dis-believe all the bad reports I've read on this website, but I just want to give credit for a good service experience too.
 28th of May, 2009 by   misstoga +1 Votes
I have had similar problems with Sears making appointments 2 weeks out and having them not show up or show up after the 4 hour window. This time I have been without a dryer for over 2 weeks. This complete lack of cusotmer service is beyond horrific and I for one will never spend another penny with them. For those in California I just found the following that may help:

The law is California Civil Code Section 1722:

(a) (1) Whenever a contract is entered into between aconsumer and a retailer with 25 or more employees relating to thesale of merchandise which is to be delivered by the retailer or theretailer's agent to the consumer at a later date, and the partieshave agreed that the presence of the consumer is required at the timeof delivery, the retailer and the consumer shall agree, either atthe time of the sale or at a later date prior to the delivery date, on a four-hour time period within which any delivery shall be made.Whenever a contract is entered into between a consumer and a retailerwith 25 or more employees for service or repair of merchandise, whether or not the merchandise was sold by the retailer to theconsumer, and the parties have agreed that the presence of theconsumer is required at the time of service or repair, upon receiptof a request for service or repair under the contract, the retailerand the consumer shall agree, prior to the date of service or repair, on a four-hour period within which the service or repair shall becommenced. Once a delivery, service, or repair time is established, the retailer or the retailer's agent shall deliver the merchandise tothe consumer, or commence service or repair of the merchandise, within that four-hour period. (2) If the merchandise is not delivered, or service or repair arenot commenced, within the specified four-hour period, except fordelays caused by unforeseen or unavoidable occurrences beyond thecontrol of the retailer, the consumer may bring an action in smallclaims court against the retailer for lost wages, expenses actuallyincurred, or other actual damages not exceeding a total of sixhundred dollars ($600). (3) No action shall be considered valid if the consumer was notpresent at the time, within the specified period, when the retaileror the retailer's agent attempted to make the delivery, service, orrepairs or made a diligent attempt to notify the consumer bytelephone or in person of its inability to do so because ofunforeseen or unavoidable occurrences beyond its control. Ifnotification is by telephone, the retailer or the retailer's agentshall leave a telephone number for a return telephone call by theconsumer to the retailer or its agent, to enable the consumer toarrange a new two-hour period for delivery, service, or repair withthe retailer or the retailer's agent. (4) In any small claims action, logs and other business recordsmaintained by the retailer or the retailer's agent in the ordinarycourse of business shall be prima facie evidence of the time periodspecified for the delivery, service, or repairs and of the time whenthe merchandise was delivered, or of a diligent attempt by theretailer or the retailer's agent to notify the consumer of delaycaused by unforeseen or unavoidable occurrences. (5) It shall be a defense to the action if a diligent attempt wasmade to notify the consumer of the delay caused by unforeseen orunavoidable occurrences beyond the control of the retailer or theretailer's agent, or the retailer or the retailer's agent was unableto notify the consumer of the delay because of the consumer's absenceor unavailability during the four-hour period, and, in eitherinstance, the retailer or the retailer's agent makes the delivery, service, or repairs within two hours of a newly agreed upon time or, if the consumer unreasonably declines to arrange a new time for thedelivery, service, or repairs.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   Jenni W 0 Votes
I called the 800 number on Monday. Made an appointment for someone to come out on Wednesday between 1 & 5 to look at my leaking dishwasher. The Sears lady that I spoke to said that I'd get a phone call the day before to confirm the time. And she said someone would call before coming out. She even repeated 1 to 5 back to me. I even gave her my cell number in case I didn't get home from work before 1PM. I had to take off work & arrange for someone to back up my work load. I wrote down 'Sears, Wed, 1-5' in several places; even told my backup that I'd be gone in the afternoon to wait for Sears. I got home at 12:50 to find a note on my door that Sears had been there at 8:40AM. And there was a voice mail saying that he (Sears repairman) was sitting in my drive. I got no confirmation phone call on Tuesday. If I had, and they said they were coming between 8 & 12, I could have called work to change my arrangements. And calling from my driveway is NOT calling before he comes. That's calling when he gets there. And NO ONE ever called my cell number. I called the 800 number again upon seeing this note stuck to my door. After being on hold for 20 minutes, the person I spoke to (Josh, I doubt that was his real name beside he could barely speak English) said their computer said I was scheduled between 8 & 12. I told him that was WRONG! I ended up speaking to his supervisor (I assume). She also said the computer said 8 to 12. Now, I usually make these appointment in the afternoon. Why in the world would I make an appointment for the morning and write down 1-5 to 2 different places? Well, their computers should also have a timestamp of when I called & whom I talked to. They had better find their recordings (which the annoying computer voice told me the transaction would be recorded for quality control before I spoke to a live person). They'll hear that the appointment was made for the afternoon. Now, I'm stuck sitting at home all day Saturday in case they pull the same stunt again. I'll think long and hard before buying another Sears appliance. My grandfather worked for Sears for many years. He would be rolling in his grave right now if he knew this was going on. Do yourself a favor - if you call this number, write down the day, time, person you talked to - all of the details that you can think to write down. So, when they pull this with you, you can throw the facts back at them.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Jenni W 0 Votes
Would you believe Sears called me last night to reschedule!! And they wouldn't give me a reason as to why they needed to reschedule. So, now we've gone from the so called 'missed' appointment on 6/24 to 'they can't get there' until 7/18 (Saturday). I am beyond livid!! They wanted me to take more time off work to sit around and wait on them. I can't take anymore time off work for them to screw me over again! They'll screw up the time again & try to tell me it's my fault again. Then, I'd have to take even more time off for the whole cycle to repeat itself. I'm going down to the store where I bought the dishwasher & I'm going to raise the roof!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Jenni W 0 Votes
So, I'm sitting here at work and my cell phone rings about 1:45PM. I hear this man on the other end. The only words I could make out were "I'll be at your home in 5 minutes to fix your dishwasher." After taking a second to shake off the shock, I told him that I'm at work & no one told me he was coming today. He said that this happens sometimes. I told him I could be home in 20 minutes. He said that wasn't a problem - he could wait on me. So, I bend about every traffic law to get to my house. He looks over my dishwasher & says it needs a new gasket (which I probably could have done myself). He's there 15 minutes & he's out the door. So, now I'm back at work finishing my day. Apparently, after screwing up my original appointment, they expected me to sit at home every day until they decided to show up. Never mind that I have a job & don't have the luxury of staying home all day every day. Sure, I could have put the new gasket in myself, but it's the whole principle of the situation. I bought an extended warrantee on this appliance & I expected to receive some decent service when I needed it. Silly me. Actually, the service wasn't too bad. It was the scheduling department that really blew it! Now, just watch. I bet someone still shows up on 7/18. I'll laugh my a** off if someone comes to fix my dishwasher.
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   Maria3023 0 Votes
I bought a $2400.00 TV with a 5 year extended warranty from Sears and have had nothing but problems. First of all they gave me the wrong TV, I returned it and got the correct TV. It blew up on me within a week. Went back and got another TV, called for my first warranty service and the tech that came to the house barely spoke English and was rude. I had been in an accident and had some severe injuries so I couldn't move the TV away from the wall before he got here. I asked him to help me move it and he refused and started cursing me. I had to throw him off my property. I complained to Sears 4 my home and they didn't send another tech out they just ignored me. I called back again this year to get my yearly cleaning and the tech came out replaced a couple of bulbs and cleaned it. After he left my son tried to turn the TV on and it won't even come on. He said the tech didn't even try it to see if it still worked after working on it. It worked fine when I left for work this morning! I called customer service 5 times and they refuse to send the tech back today or even tomorrow. They said they have to treat me like a new appointment! This is unacceptable! I will never buy another thing from SEARS!!! I will hound them until I get some satisfaction even if I have to go throw the TV on their doorstep!
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   Marciec 0 Votes
Sears did the same thing to me. I recently purchased a new Whirlpool gas water heater . We installed it and it does not heat the water. So we called Whirlpool and they sent us the part and told us we had to call Sears for service. We did and scheduled the appointment for 8/14/09 between 1 and 5:00pm. I had to take off work in order to be home for service. At about 4:30 I had not heard from anyone so I called the 1 800 # and the operater told me that no service was scheduled for me and also told me that they could not have scheduled service for me because my authorization number was not valid. So I had to call Whirlpool back and that was not true my authorization number was valid. So I called Sears back and asked to speak to a supervisor, He then scheduled me for emergency service assuring me they would show on 8/15/09 between 1 - 5:00. I could not take off work so my husband did. We recieved a confirmation phone call the night before reminding us of the service. At about 2:30 my husband got nervouse and called the 800 # and was told that no techs were in the area so they would not be able to serve us again. So I called back and asked to talk to the CSI department and the lady was very rude and didnt care at all that we still dont have hot water and both of us have now missed work for this no show company. Whirlpool called them to find out why they didnt show and Sears lied and said that they tried to call both of us and we didnt answer. We gave them our cell #'s which we have on us 24 7. Not to mention the phone records to prove it. It just doesnt seem fare that no one cares about other people. Maybe they should all have to take cold showers. In the mean time it is now 8/17/09 and we still dont have hot water. My best advice is don't buy whirlpool or Sears.
exspecially Sears!
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   denstar +1 Votes
1 800 4 my Home is the worst repair service ever! Took the day off work waited and called twice "You are still on the schedule" was their reply. Finally after waiting past their 5 pm deadline I called at 5:30 and "We have to reschedule you" was their reply. They are HORRIBLE
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   Kim H. 0 Votes
We had our daughter's second birthday party on Saturday, 9/26/09. While heating up a load of meatballs for the party, the bottom of the pot stuck to and broke the burner on my flat top stove. The other burners still work, so the stove isn't entirely out of commission, but it's a pain being limited to using only one of the two large burners until it's fixed. Because the stove is still under warranty--it's less than a year old, and we were also dumb enough to buy the extended warranty--my husband called 1-800-4-MY-HOME later that same night to schedule service. (Dumb move #2.)

He reached a representative, and because we both work full time from Monday through Friday, they scheduled an appointment for a tech to come out to FIX the stove (remember that word...it's a key point, ) the following Saturday, 10/3/09, sometime between 1 and 5. He provides not only our home phone number, but also both of our cell phone numbers for backup. And we begin to adjust to cooking on the other burners.

Fast forward to 10/3. My toddler and I are stuck at home all afternoon, waiting for the tech to show up. 1:00 passes, then 2:00, 3:00, 4:00...I'm starting to get annoyed, because I've wasted an entire day that could have been spent running errands, going grocery shopping, swimming at the Y with my kid, or any number of more interesting and necessary things. I call my husband (who is working overtime, ) to see if the tech has called him yet. Of course, he has not called. Finally, at 4:45, my cell phone rings...the guy has just pulled into our driveway. I put our 3 dogs in the basement so they're out of his way, and I let the guy in...he looks to be about 20, and is carrying a laptop computer instead of a toolbox. Not a good sign. He looks at the divot in the cracked and unusable burner, and basically says, "Yeah, that's definitely broken." Then he proceeds to give me a seriously dummied-down tutorial on how to properly use my stove. (Needless to say, by this time, I'm beginning to get really ticked off.) Once he's finished, he turns around, punches a few numbers into his laptop, folds it up and tells me that he's just ordered the part, which would be shipped to our house via UPS, and had scheduled an appointment for another tech to come out a week from the the following Tuesday, once again between 1 and 5, to install the new stovetop because...get this...THEY DON'T DO THE ACTUAL SERVICE ON SATURDAYS!!! As calmly as I could at this point, I explained to WonderBoy that we had been told that he was being sent out to FIX the stove. He assured me, once again, that they only do inspection calls and order parts on Saturdays, but never the actual service. He actually kind of laughed as he was strolling out the door. Because we both have to work for a living, and can't just drop everything to hang out at home waiting for their techs to show up--a fact which the "customer service" representatives at 1-800-4-MY-HOME seem incapable of understanding--my husband called them that night to complain. He was hung up on once, and in spite of numerous transferred calls to "supervisors", never did manage to accomplish anything but to reschedule the appointment to a slightly less inconvenient weekday.

Fast forward once again to Tuesday 10/13, the date of the appointment scheduled for us by WonderBoy, which my husband had already cancelled and rescheduled. I'm leaving work at 5:00 PM, and turn on my cell phone to call my husband. There is a voice mail message waiting for me from 1-800-4-MY-HOME (which had apparently been left early that morning, ) to confirm that the tech would be arriving sometime between 1 and 5 that day, when no one was planning to be at home. I have no idea if they showed up or not...I kind of hope they did, just so they were inconvenienced. My husband, totally fed up with them by this time, calls up to scream at somebody until he gets his way. Eventually, an appointment is set up for a tech to FIX the stovetop on Saturday 10/17 between 8 AM and 12 noon.

On the day of our scheduled appointment--yesterday--I have some errands to run in preparation for a wedding that we are going to that evening. My husband stays home with our daughter to wait for the tech. They once again have our home number and both of our cell numbers, so there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to reach one of us. I return home from my errands at about 11:30 AM, at which time my husband informs me that the tech will not be coming. He claimed to have called our home number when he was in our area at around 9:45, but received no answer. Because he had no alternate contact numbers (BIG LIE!!!) he moved on to his next appointment. When my husband called to demand that they send him back, he was informed that all they could do was reschedule the appointment yet again.

I attempted to call to reach a supervisor, whose ear I planned to blister. After being on hold for 15 minutes, I was finally transferred...to the deliveries department, who could not help me. They told me to call 1-800-4-MY-HOME.

Today is Sunday, 10/18/09, and my stove is still broken. The moral of this story is: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy anything from Sears unless you know how fix it yourself, and don't care about service coverage under the warranty.
 22nd of Oct, 2009 by   Chana B. 0 Votes
I went online yesterday and schedule a service call for my dishwasher ; a spot was open for today 10/22/09 for 8am-12pm. I waited all morning for them and when they did not show up or call - I called soon after 12:00pm & they told me that it has been reschedule for 1-5pm for the same day. I was very upset; I 've could of done so many errands while my kids were at school.! All they could do was to say they were "sorry" and to reschedule. So I just accepted to reschedule for same day now btw 1-5pm so I can just get it over with...but guess what? They never called, never showed up...and wanted to reschedule me for another slot, sometime next week. They told me three excuses, which none was true: a dispatcher call to reschedule with me, the technician called and they said I hung up on him, the route was no longer 'enroute' because I took it off. I called at least every hour to make sure that the technician was still coming btw 1-5pm and on every call, they told me yes. But when I called a little after 5pm when noone called or showed up, they told me the three lame "untruth" excuses above. And they could not do anything now because it's 5:00pm and their dispatchers and technicians are now closed and off duty. I said to them, I like to see any phone records fm them showing they called, because I get my cell phone records and showthat I did not receive one phone call fm them at all. I wasted the whole entire day waiting for them! Could you believe that? Thus, I told them to cancel the appointment and credit me for the totaled I paid online. They said they can do that, and I have to wait for 7-10business days to show the credit ...we will wait to see.

DO NOT USE THEM! YOU WOULD THINK "SEARS" IS MORE RESPONSIBLE AND HAVE BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   todo 0 Votes
I am also fed up with Sears. Please someone, tell me who is running the place or is it on hold. Noone knows what they are doing, nor do they care Who is the CEO does he see the complaints? Help !! Diana
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   amymarie 0 Votes
i have a washer and I have been tring to get fixed for 3 weeks first it was they only had appointments for my area on thursdays between 8:00am and 12:00 pm never came or called when I called driver had fallen behind some how they had another day in my area which was friday I get him here he doent have part he has to order it got told 2 days and when it gets here they will come right out, well got part 7 days later called and they made for today but I got call from them asking when I could set another appointment not knowing what the H *** was going on I said no I have a appointment today they said no its not in there paperwork they said the person who took call never put in that part was here so now I have to wait another 6 days this all started FEBRUARY 9 this all started and its stll not fixed never again will I shop at sears for anything ever

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups