logo

Hyundai Fall River MA
Sales and Service
2. (4 mins ago)
aolloa.net
No order, communication or updates about my order
3. (9 mins ago)
Sally Beauty Supply
Horrible workers
4. (11 mins ago)
allrightshoes.com
Seller refused to take order back
5. (11 mins ago)

Posted:    Tim

Bad service

Seagate
seagate.com
This company advertises specials and then doesn't deliver on them, even when you have a confirmed order. They claimed the item was out of stock. They must have a very poor inventory control system or their order system isn't tied in with their inventory control system on a realtime basis. Or maybe they operate with a bait-and-switch strategy. Pretty lame for a company with a stature like Seagate. All they offered as compensation was a 10%-off code.

Don't bother ordering from Seagate's online store. And better yet, just wait for solid state disk to mature a little more instead of buying rotational disk with moving parts.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Feb, 2009 by   bhaskhar 0 Votes
Respected sir,
my name is bhaskhar. i brought a seagate sata 160gb hard drive a year ago. from last six months it was not working properly. i visited the local seagate service center located in hyderabad. it was undergone replecement for three times but still it is not working properly. i give my hard drive in the service center today morning again. they given me the id SGHYD090004712DW.
my hard drive cannot work for more then two days even i got the replaced drive. i am using windows service pack 2 os. it cannot boot to os & when i try to install os again os setup warns that there is no hard drive connected or this disc cannot be exectable.
where as my home pc runs properly with other hard drives.
So kindly consider my request & replace me a new hard drive & send me acknowledgment to my e mail id bhaskhar.rw@gmail.com.
thanking you.
bhaskhar reddy
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   harry 0 Votes
i want to know the address of seagate service center in hyderabad, India. please tell me in my mail id: harioumsharan@gmail.com
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   santosh kumar b 0 Votes

PHONE1 :27805313

MOBILE :9848190301

CONTACT NAME :SRINIVAS
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   harsha.p 0 Votes
thanks for the site here is the latest address

SERVICE CENTER NAME :Accel Frontline Services Limited
PHONE1 :40160706

MOBILE :9848190301

CONTACT NAME :SRINIVAS
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   janes153 +1 Votes
Bought a Seagate FreeAgent Go online from Seagate. Didn't work. Said I should try another mini-b USB cable. Don't have one, don't need one. And they won't reimburse. Said I could get one anywhere. Spent most of my lunch hour going to/from Radio Shack which says Seagate needs a special cable that they don't sell. Spent the last 5 minutes of my lunch hour searching and calling around. Pain in the proverbial. Should have checked this site first!!
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   ch.Vijay 0 Votes
Dear Sir,
My name is Ch. Vijay Kumar.
I bought a Seagate 250GB a year ago and was working fine. Recently I got some problem (disc sound and bad sectors) and was unable to load OS. If loaded, system gets stuck and need to be restarted. I have give to near by local seagate service center located in hyderabad (Reference ID SGTHYD090026496DW) and I was informed that, I will get it replaced in 15 working days. After a long waiting, I got it after 20 days. When I was trying to install OS (XP), again I got the same problem (bad sectors) with new hard drive. I was really disappointed with the service. Someone say's 250GB is failure hard drive in the market. I don't know whether I got the new one or old recycled as replacement. I have given my hard drive again in the service center (ID SGTHYD090028421).

So kindly consider my request & replace me a new hard drive & send me acknowledgment to my e mail id chvijay007@gmail.com.
Thanking you.
 23rd of Dec, 2009 by   anyadiwan +1 Votes
we have 2 new seagate hard discs which are required to be replaced as suggested by lenovo from whom we took the laptops, it amazing but we have been given numerous numbers and have been running from pillar to post but to no avail... the service sucks and there is no place where we can complain. we really need these hdd's to be replaced asap but dont know how to go about it. please advise and get us any help possible in this regard.
anaya.diwan@ae-research.com
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   avinesh kumar +1 Votes
respacted sir /madam
i am verry sorry for this mail .i am verry upset for u r service i am sumit my buffer modal no is :- mbi g4
part no :-- mbi g4
def serial no :-s11kemc31003854
i try manny time to call him for mr sandeep (delor) accel frontline service limited ashok bhawan nehru place new delhi tel:-41808464
sumitted date :-08-dec-2009 till date no budy give me a responce .
these guyes alwayes give me excuse every time what i do you will plz find out this problem and call me as soon as possible .mob no is :-9650829600 avinesh kumar
i hope you will do somthing in my favour .
thanks
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   avinesh kumar +1 Votes
respacted sir /madam
part no :-- mbi g4
def serial no :-s11kemc31003854
sumitted date :-08-dec-2009 till date no budy give me a responce .
i hope you will do somthing in my favour .
thanks

30th of Jan, 2010 by   datarecovery -1 Votes
Seagate hdd Service is very good . mahesh
Data Recovery

You have any hard disk problems disk formatted

and password problems ? Not to worry

We are here one of the professionals in

data recovery under any condition

And any make of hard disk like Any make

of the hard disk like Seagate,

Samsung, Maxtor, Western Digital,

Toshiba and any laptop (small) hard disk
Cal 9948238585 www.maheshcomputers.com
CTC Shop no 181 1st floor Secunderabad
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   r.ashok kumar 0 Votes
dear viewers, i had bought pendrive flash players from companey trasentmp320 its a branded item. i got prablem . i was given to service but threy was take time more than50 days
i am not sattisfication

r.ashok kumar
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   raghugoud 0 Votes
Dear Sir,
I bought a Seagate 80GB 4 year ago and was working fine. Recently I my hard disk is not working, system gets stuck . I have show local seagate service center located in hyderabad, they said that it burnt and no replacement. i want to know for burnt drive there is no service for it, still im having warrantyr .plz tell me it will be repaired or any service, otherwise i wnt to buy new drive ... ...
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   Sandyyy123 0 Votes
Dear Sir,

I went to seagate service center in delhi.(accel frontline service limited, Nehru place)

To my surprise, they were running a parallel business by asking customers to spend 20 rs. in the cybercafe in the same building for getting registration number from the seagate website.

Once you are registered, only then they will entertain any customer problems.

Sandyyy
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   sayedmackin 0 Votes
I had purchased 500 GB Sata HDD with 5 year warranty in Sept 2007. The HDD worked perfectly till Feb 2010. Then suddenly it crashed and I lost all my data. Had the HDD replaced from the service center and exactly after 6 months of replacement the replaced HDD has again crashed with all the data in it. Does the company replaces the HDD with some one else's not working ones just to complete the 5 year warranty period. So that the users are forced to buy new HDD. If that's the case then I suggest everyone not to buy from them.
 17th of Oct, 2010 by   Robertmac 0 Votes
Totally agree, Seagate has refused to replace my hard drive which was under warranty and in very good condition. I regularly by hard drives from seagate before other products, but since this is the first time I have requested a replacement drive without satisfaction in their part, I will keep well away from them in the future.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   AllenYes 0 Votes
Milberg LLP, a consumer protection law firm, recentlty settled a similar case against NVIDIA relating to defective hardware that affected CPU performance. You can take a look at the settlement agreement here - http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/. You can file a lawsuit at https://www.milberg.com/contact/contact.aspx or send an email to ContactUs@milberg.com.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   Victim of Certain Poor Comapnies 0 Votes
Seagate has terrible warranty support i sent them my hard drive almost 2 months ago and im still waiting on a replacement and they said it could be another week or tow, some of them are rude and unclear and seem to lose information.. Ive talked to them for over two hours and waited on hold for almost the same length as i have asked to speak to the manager and called a few times because they dont get things straight even know I speak clearly... my 1.5tb drive lasted about 5 months and broke out of no where... I am very dissapointed in Seagate and advise people to buy other brands of products/drives..
 21st of May, 2011 by   surajkgp 0 Votes
Hello Sir,
Sub : Replacement problem in Warranty Period. Seagate took my hard disk and never returned.

My name is Suraj Prakash. I am a fourth year student at IIT Kharagpur. I had purchased a Seagate External Hard disk on on 09.06.2010. Some problem occurred in the device and it was not being detected. Hence I contacted at this mail id. I had been asked to contact the nearest service center as it was under warranty. I contacted and gave my External Hard Disk (which was not being deducted) to the Kolkata Service Center as it was under warranty for replacement about 1 month back. Unfortunately I have not heard since then. Sir, I have not yet recieved any information about the same since a month.

How can I locate the return status of my Hard Disk. How can I get it back ? It is very important for me to get my Hard Disk back as soon as possible since I have some very important project work and I have no means to buy another hard disk. Please help

Details of my hard disk are :

Number :
SN: 2GE773PJ
PN : 9KW2AH-502
Model : Seagate Free Agent Go. 500 GB

Call id : sgpgef110000151dw

Please let me know at the earliest.

Suraj Prakash
Final year undergraduate Student
IIT Kharagpur
 16th of Dec, 2011 by   Chopra 0 Votes
Hello Sir,
Sub : Replacement problem in Warranty Period.
My name is Naresh Kumar Chopra. I had purchased a Seagate External Hard disk on on 19 May 2011 Some problem occurred in the device and it was not being detected.I had been submitted the nearest service center as it is in under warranty now. I have submitted on my 500 gb hard drive in Chandigarh Sco 179-180 Sec = 17/c on 8th 12-2011they told me you will get the drive with in a week but right now i haven't got my replacement. My request is i am a shopkeeper and i am facing lot of problem regarding to my work.
Number Sn = Z2A536V2, Pn = 9YP142-303
Call Id = SGTBEY110001617DW (500gb hard drive) Please let me know at the earliest.
My mail id is = nareshchopra1122@gmail.com
Kindly Notice :- information provider are not good and caring. Customer care is totally useless . I will never buy any SEAGATE product in future if you haven't take my request seriously.
 20th of May, 2012 by   Suman Debnath 0 Votes