logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.boxhop.com
They provided useless tracking number
2. (2 mins ago)
Plus500
Fraud-money stolen
3. (44 mins ago)
www.snowboots-buying.com
The seller didn’t provide any information – I think it’s scam
4. (45 mins ago)

Posted:    Tim

Bad service

Seagate
seagate.com
This company advertises specials and then doesn't deliver on them, even when you have a confirmed order. They claimed the item was out of stock. They must have a very poor inventory control system or their order system isn't tied in with their inventory control system on a realtime basis. Or maybe they operate with a bait-and-switch strategy. Pretty lame for a company with a stature like Seagate. All they offered as compensation was a 10%-off code.

Don't bother ordering from Seagate's online store. And better yet, just wait for solid state disk to mature a little more instead of buying rotational disk with moving parts.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2009 by   Willard 0 Votes

Seagate/Maxtor - Incompatibility with Vista
2301 Morris Avenue
Birmingham
Alabama

Seagate/Maxtor provides lousy technical support
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   bhaskhar 0 Votes
Respected sir,
my name is bhaskhar. i brought a seagate sata 160gb hard drive a year ago. from last six months it was not working properly. i visited the local seagate service center located in hyderabad. it was undergone replecement for three times but still it is not working properly. i give my hard drive in the service center today morning again. they given me the id SGHYD090004712DW.
my hard drive cannot work for more then two days even i got the replaced drive. i am using windows service pack 2 os. it cannot boot to os & when i try to install os again os setup warns that there is no hard drive connected or this disc cannot be exectable.
where as my home pc runs properly with other hard drives.
So kindly consider my request & replace me a new hard drive & send me acknowledgment to my e mail id bhaskhar.rw@gmail.com.
thanking you.
bhaskhar reddy
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   harry 0 Votes
i want to know the address of seagate service center in hyderabad, India. please tell me in my mail id: harioumsharan@gmail.com
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   santosh kumar b 0 Votes

PHONE1 :27805313

MOBILE :9848190301

CONTACT NAME :SRINIVAS
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   harsha.p 0 Votes
thanks for the site here is the latest address

SERVICE CENTER NAME :Accel Frontline Services Limited
PHONE1 :40160706

MOBILE :9848190301

CONTACT NAME :SRINIVAS
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   janes153 +1 Votes
Bought a Seagate FreeAgent Go online from Seagate. Didn't work. Said I should try another mini-b USB cable. Don't have one, don't need one. And they won't reimburse. Said I could get one anywhere. Spent most of my lunch hour going to/from Radio Shack which says Seagate needs a special cable that they don't sell. Spent the last 5 minutes of my lunch hour searching and calling around. Pain in the proverbial. Should have checked this site first!!
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   ch.Vijay 0 Votes
Dear Sir,
My name is Ch. Vijay Kumar.
I bought a Seagate 250GB a year ago and was working fine. Recently I got some problem (disc sound and bad sectors) and was unable to load OS. If loaded, system gets stuck and need to be restarted. I have give to near by local seagate service center located in hyderabad (Reference ID SGTHYD090026496DW) and I was informed that, I will get it replaced in 15 working days. After a long waiting, I got it after 20 days. When I was trying to install OS (XP), again I got the same problem (bad sectors) with new hard drive. I was really disappointed with the service. Someone say's 250GB is failure hard drive in the market. I don't know whether I got the new one or old recycled as replacement. I have given my hard drive again in the service center (ID SGTHYD090028421).

So kindly consider my request & replace me a new hard drive & send me acknowledgment to my e mail id chvijay007@gmail.com.
Thanking you.
 23rd of Dec, 2009 by   anyadiwan +1 Votes
we have 2 new seagate hard discs which are required to be replaced as suggested by lenovo from whom we took the laptops, it amazing but we have been given numerous numbers and have been running from pillar to post but to no avail... the service sucks and there is no place where we can complain. we really need these hdd's to be replaced asap but dont know how to go about it. please advise and get us any help possible in this regard.
anaya.diwan@ae-research.com
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   avinesh kumar +1 Votes
respacted sir /madam
i am verry sorry for this mail .i am verry upset for u r service i am sumit my buffer modal no is :- mbi g4
part no :-- mbi g4
def serial no :-s11kemc31003854
i try manny time to call him for mr sandeep (delor) accel frontline service limited ashok bhawan nehru place new delhi tel:-41808464
sumitted date :-08-dec-2009 till date no budy give me a responce .
these guyes alwayes give me excuse every time what i do you will plz find out this problem and call me as soon as possible .mob no is :-9650829600 avinesh kumar
i hope you will do somthing in my favour .
thanks
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   avinesh kumar +1 Votes
respacted sir /madam
part no :-- mbi g4
def serial no :-s11kemc31003854
sumitted date :-08-dec-2009 till date no budy give me a responce .
i hope you will do somthing in my favour .
thanks

28th of Jan, 2010 by   jitu patel 0 Votes
power saplay dont run
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   datarecovery -1 Votes
Seagate hdd Service is very good . mahesh
Data Recovery

You have any hard disk problems disk formatted

and password problems ? Not to worry

We are here one of the professionals in

data recovery under any condition

And any make of hard disk like Any make

of the hard disk like Seagate,

Samsung, Maxtor, Western Digital,

Toshiba and any laptop (small) hard disk
Cal 9948238585 www.maheshcomputers.com
CTC Shop no 181 1st floor Secunderabad
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   Yogesh Kaushik 0 Votes
My hard disk does not work properly.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   avinash reddy 0 Votes
sir i have a problem with hard disk
so please replace it as soon as possible
thankyou
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   mohd abdul raheem 0 Votes
installation problem
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   BHUSHAN THOOL 0 Votes
hard disk is not working.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   Greenlab 0 Votes
please register me
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   laxmikanth 0 Votes
my harddisk not supporting any os
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   laxmikanth -1 Votes