logo

Udidreg.com
Take your business elsewhere
4. (11 mins ago)
MMOGA
Fifa coins - Payment check?
5. (14 mins ago)
beauty-centre.org
Seller sends fake perfume and refuses to communicate

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ScoreSense.com Complaints & Reviews - Money taken out of my account without my permission

ScoreSense.com Contacts & Informations

ScoreSense.com

Posted: 2011-01-26 by    akmn

Money taken out of my account without my permission

Scoresense.com
I was scrolling through my bank statement and discovered a charge for $29.95 on December 28, 2010. I had never ordered or authorized any one to take $29.95 or any money from my account.

I have tried to contact scoresense to return my money to no avail. I am tired of these things happening. I have had subscriptions to magazines with money taken from my account despite the fact that I had never ordered any magazines. If you don't check your account, these people get away with it. It's so frustrating.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jan, 2011 by   T-o'd +1 Votes
The same thing just happened to me. I was scammed into getting a credit check on a job application, and Scoresense gave me a membership in their fine print.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   silversauer89 0 Votes
Scoresense has been charging 29.95 to my account not once but twice a month ( that's 60 bucks per month) now for three months, i contact them every time this happens but they keep denying my request for refund and have not stopped taking my hard earned money. its such a hassle to have to close my bank account and open a new one but I'm gonna have to or keep loosing 60 bucks a month!!!
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   T-o'd 0 Votes
Scoresense is owned by One Technologies. The Better Business Bureau reports that One Technologies, L.P. (doing business as SpendonLife.com) in Dallas, Texas. Its domains, or aliases, include
www.freecreditreportsinstantly.com
www.my3creditscores.com
www.neighborhoodscan.com
Brian Peterson Senior Director of Online Marketing at One Technologies
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
I found this breakdown of how they might operate from Mrs. Michah on the address listed on the bottom.
"Here’s a quick rundown on how affiliates work in case you’re not familiar with them. Company A wants people to sign up for some service which either costs money or may yield customer loyalty or whatever. Person B has influence of some kind and wants money. Company A gives person B a special link so that when person B will get a commission every time someone signs up for company A’s service. Person B promotes the link, interested people sign up, person B gets money, company A gets customers, everybody wins."
She continues,
"The link on the 'listing' itself was a link to another free webpage (which looked like it was run by the same people and designed by the same person) about the importance of checking your credit score before applying for things, so you know what kind of rate you’ll get, etc. And on that webpage, I hit paydirt. Sure enough, it was an affiliate link, not a direct link.
So this is my assessment of how this scam works:
1) Person finds incredible deal on fantastic apartment in a great area. The listing was eye-catching and, well, too good to be true!
2) Person needs their credit score to fax to get approved. You can check your credit report for free at annualcreditreport.com, but to get your actual credit score, you have to sign up with a paid service. (Credit Karma will estimate it for you, but that’s not the same as knowing the official score is.)
3) Person uses the quickest link at hand, namely the one that leads down the affiliate path.
4) Person signs up for a free trial and scammer gets commission for generating a sale. Person may or may not cancel, obviously the company paying the commission is counting on them maintaining the service after the free trial period has ended.
5) Person faxes their credit score and never hears from the scammer again." From (financefreelancelife.com)
They got me too. Buyer beware.
PS: Neither is in good standing with the BBB, Scoresense rates a "D, " while One Technologies gets an "F."
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   Johnny Reynolds +1 Votes
My name is Johnny Reynolds, I am contacting you about the $29.95 taken from my checking acct. 18 Februrary2011. I had a credit score ran last month and paid 49.95 for it.I did not know that you would be Takeing $29.95 a month for the service.Please do not charge my acct.again for your services.
Please credit my acct. for the two times you have debited my account for $29.95.
Thank you So much and GOD Bless.
JOHNNY REYNOLDS
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   Jo Anne Johnson 0 Votes
My name is Jo Anne Johnson and I had the same thing happen to me. I want you to stop taking this $29.95 out of my account. I had no idea that this company was taking my money until I check my account. Please put the $29.95 you took out twice back in to my account.
Where is the phone number so I can call and tell you to stop taking my money? Do not take my money for the month of March 2011
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   heredia 0 Votes
I worked for scoresense. Wow what a company, you can rest assured they treat their employees the same as their customers so please be nice to us costa ricans when you call, cause they are only paying us a few dollars an hour. The call center is in Costa Rica next to the (SJO) airport. So the next time you are on vacation you can stop by and say hi in person lol If you want your money back all you have to do is say you are going to dispute the charges with your bank because they are a scam, this is a trigger word for them which all agents have to document and you will get your money back. So everyone who got cheated out of their cash call back and say if they don't refund your money you will dispute the charge with your CC or bank and call the company a scam. Problem solved and happy refunds. Remember to be nice to the agent you get, they get paid little of nothing and are yelled at all day from angry customers who got signed up with a membership that is creatively marketed in fine print.
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   richard grigg 0 Votes
mt name is richard grigg and i am writing cause i had money taking out of my card that i did not give permissing so i would like to have the money put back in or i see a lawer
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   pissed in NC 0 Votes
They got me, too. I saw an ad for free credit score check, I signed up and they instantly took $1 out and the next day took $19.95 out. My bank statement listed it as "recurring" so I knew then I was screwed. I called them and cancelled my "membership" and they said it could be several weeks to get a refund. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   hoa truong 0 Votes
hi to whow is take my money from my bank i did not give permissing to withdral from my money phease return my money back .anh no longer withdral my money agan thankyou
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   hoa truong 0 Votes
dont withdral my money agant
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   southonly 0 Votes
On April 11, 2011 your company 'ScoreSense' offered a FREE Credit Report. After entering bthe required information they charged me
$ 1.00 that was supposed to be refundable and on 4/19/2011 they charged me $29.95 without my permission or consent. When I called their number to cancel my membership and place a complaint, asking for a refund, I was told that it is up to the Executive Body to0 decide if to refund me the money or not.
All I can say at this point is that it is a SCAM and everybody should stay clear of them . I thought that they were a legitimate business.
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   Barbara J. Tritelli 0 Votes
I have received my Amex bill the other day and found Scoresense charge of $29.95 dated 4/13/11. I cancelled my membership and asked them to close my account. This is a real SCAM. When I signed up for the 7 day trial membership two months ago I cancelled on the seventh day. They said I was two hours late in cancelling so they charged me $29.95. I paid the money. But I insisted they cancel my membership and account. They said they would. And here we go, another charge of $29.95 this month. I guess the only way to prevent them for charging me every month is cancelling my credit card. They are definitely not a member of the BBB and not a legitimate business. BE AWARE.
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   DarcieD +1 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. I called and cancelled and then asked for the refund for two charges of 29.95 and they said I would have to put in my refund request the next day. I did and a couple days later I received an email denying my request for a refund. I will try the suggestion above regarding threatening to report their scam to my CC company. I will call my CC company as well and see what they will do. thanks for the info. Wow, I wish I had read this before I agreed to teh $1 credit reprot.
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   DarcieD 0 Votes
I tried calling scoresense back and asking again for a refund, stating I would call in the scam to my Credit Card company. The Person on the phone held his ground. Said I could resubmit my request but he didn't have any authority to make any refunds. He gave me a fax no: 496-533-1973. I tried to be nice, but he wouldn't budge. He claims the agreement stated I would be automaically enrolled and charged after 7 days.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   Heredia1 0 Votes
HERE IS HOW TO GET YOUR REFUND, Note: the scoresense employee is just doing his job to tell you the terms and conditions. Don't let this scare you, STAND YOUR GROUND! 1) ask for a refund nicely until the agent says yes 2) tell them that you are going to dispute the charges with your bank because this is a scam and tell the agent to INCLUDE that in the account notes 3) NEVER say that someone else stole your credit card or you didn't sign up with an account because they will not give you a refund unless you submit a fraud report. 4) this company is a scam, they trick trusting people to sign up for accounts by marketing fake job/apartment ads on craigslist, having known scam sites market their product to trick you into signing up, scam you if you have problems signing up and direct you to another site owned by the same company when you have problems getting your credit report so you will be charged 29.95 one, two, three or more times a month without you knowing. 5) this company banks on the fact you will forget to cancel your membership, the credit scores this company provides are NOT FICO scores, the scores you get from them are worthless and much higher than the ones any company will run on you, the ID theft insurance is a joke and laughable, the credit report and monitoring are the only features that have any use to anyone. After you cancel with scoresense you can rest assured you will no longer be charged. Rest assured that your email address has been sold to every marketing company on the planet and there is not a thing you can do about it as you accepted this in the terms and conditions in fine print in white letters on a baby blue background lol (I know is sad but this company is kinda funny). PS: Scoresense out-sources their call centers, the agents can not click on a refund button, but can only submit a request for it to the corporate office because they do not work for scoresense. If you want to increase your chances and have time to play on the phone demand a SUPERVISOR and tell the supervisor you want a "SUPERVISOR APPROVAL" on your refund request in the ACCOUNT NOTES or you will contact your lawyer, STAND YOUR GROUND until the supervisor does this for you. PSS: Make sure you demand the agent to put in the notes the words: "will dispute charges with my bank/CC company", "Scoresense is a SCAM" PSSS: If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can talk to the supervisor and demand him to do a "live chat" via instant messenger with scoresense and you can get your refund while you wait an eternity on hold. All supervisors have instant messenger to the accounting dept at scoresense. If you are patient you can get your refund in abt 30 minutes from when you started the call ;) Cheers!
 29th of Apr, 2011 by   FRECKLES 2 0 Votes
I DO NOT WANT THIS SERVICE . YOU LIED ABOUT THE 30 DAY TRIAL PERIOD AND I WILL STOP THE PAYMENT . I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE LIKE THHIS. I WIL TELL EVERY BODY I KNOW ABOUT YOU AND HOW YOU DO WITH THE TRIAL PERIOD AND THEN BILL YOUR BANK BEFORE THE 30 DAYS IN UP. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY THEY LIE ABOUT WHAT THEY DO AND HOW THEY BILL YOUR BANK.
 10th of May, 2011 by   hkimberly 0 Votes
I did not request information from your company, or any of it's alias's such as ScoreSense. I certainly hope that you have NOT analysed my May Credit Score, as I did not authorize your company to do so. If you have any confidential information regarding my persoanl credit I would advise you to forward it to me now. I will be in touch with my Attorney regarding charges that will be brought up against your company if such information has indeed been obtained without my consent. Buy the way, YOUR CURRENT RATING WITH THE BBB IS AN F! That was free of charge!
 20th of May, 2011 by   Kenneth M 0 Votes
Just a quick update from another person that was scammed. I was checking my credit card statement for my business and found charges for Scoresense going back for 5 months. I called customer service and spoke to "India" gave her my name, address, telephone number and my business and personal emails and the last 6 digits of my credit card number and they could not verify any information. My account could not be located even after holding for a long time while she talked to a supervisor. I could not get a refund/reverse charge because the account could not be found. I then asked if they could not find my account it was obvious that service was being delivered? I then informed India that I was going to dispute the charges thru my CC company. I called CC company and they only went back 3 months. DID NOT SIGN UP FOR SERVICE, DID NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO CHARGE MY ACCOUNT, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DID NOT RECEIVE ANY VALUE. COMPLETELY A SCAM AND I ASKED MY CC COMPANY TO INVESTIGATE.
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   A Ten 0 Votes
They should be closed down. Too many of us taken advantage of!!
 7th of Jun, 2011 by   byrd1222 0 Votes
I dont know what is going on but my rent is due my light bill due and scoresense stole 29.95 from my personal account i have never heard of you guys and i would gladly appreciate u returning my money and a little bit extra for pain and suffering cuz i dnt have enough money to cover my monthly bills
signed:A Mad Black Woman