logo

Advantage Tax Resolution
Took money!
4. (40 mins ago)
Loan Zoo
taken money from my account
5. (40 mins ago)
Maytag/Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#MVWC6ESWW1
Defective Clothes Washers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Scooter Depot / Sunny Sports, Irwindale, CA 91706, California Complaints & Reviews - Save your money, go elsewhere

Scooter Depot / Sunny Sports Contacts & Informations

Scooter Depot / Sunny Sports

Posted:    Unhappy customer

Save your money, go elsewhere

Scooter Depot
15705 Arrow Hwy. Suite 1
Irwindale, CA 91706, California
Phone: 1-888-839-7088
www.scooterdepot.us
OMG- don't buy from them. I received the bikes ok- but the company goes by so many different names that I struggled for months to get a legal title. As of today, I still do not have one. I have been lied to so many times... no one needs this madness. Do yourself a favor, no matter how good if a deal it sounds like, go elsewhere.

I plan to post this message on as many sites and I can as well as report them to the better business bureau. There are horrible!!!
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jun, 2008 by   Another Unhappy Customer +2 Votes
Ditto and double ditto! Sunny Sports scammed my daughter out of over $1000 when she ordered a scooter and then decided to cancel the next day. They didn't send the scooter, but they did suck the money out of her bank account! And now she can't get it back...they never gave her an order number, or a cancellation number, confirmation, NOTHING.

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SUNNY SPORTS! I hope their business dries up and blows away. I should think the State of California Attorney General would get after them with all the complaints I see on the web.
 16th of Jun, 2008 by   Brian Stettler 0 Votes
I have been struggling to get a correctly notarized title from them for two months. I have been put on hold for over an hour, lied to, insulted and ignored. I have faxed, e-mailed, enlisted my credit card company to mediate and my attorney is next. These people are evil scammers and I want to be rid of them.
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   Cheryl 0 Votes
I too have puchased a moped from this rinky dink company. It took 6 weeks to get it and it runs fine. Had a huge run around to get it. Lied to and put on hold forever. Now the DMV will not except the title. I finally got a hold of someone named IVY and sent her the title of origin to sign and return to me. It has been almost 2 weeks and no title. This so sux! Summer will be over here before I can get it licensed to drive. I would recommend consumers go elsewhere for this place is a joke.
Sunny Sports
719 Nogales St.
City of Industry, CA 91748

Cheryl
Appleton, WI
 8th of Jul, 2008 by   Sam 0 Votes
These people go under the name:
New Star Marketing Group, Inc.
Scooter Depot
The Scooter Store
Sunny Sports, Inc.
Scooter Depot USA
All Road Motorsports, Inc.

The reason for my cancelling the oder the next day was, I have found out that the bike was a mini chopper. They are falsely advertising the product. Now that I want my refund they told me that would be $75.00 charge to refund my $1598.00. Everyone of them were insulting me for cancel my order. In the cancellation policy was never mention about the charge. Their 1-888-839-7088 can't be reach. I have sent my complaint to the BBB.

These are the people who work for them, all with the same unsulting aditute and I don't care type,

Amy Barnes
Marketing Manager

Dee Shen

Stanley Yu
Sales

Arthur Jia

Watch out for these website:

http://www.pocket-bikes.us, http://www.pocket-bikes.us, http://www.scooterdepot.us, http://www.happyscooters.com

Crooks!!! I tell you...
 15th of Jul, 2008 by   Dez 0 Votes
Yes I do agree with the comments about sunny sports as far as the title goes...I order the scooter in March didn't receive the title until June...They answered the phones and took my calls and they was polite but damn it took 3 months to get a title..The scooter did come promptly in about 2 weeks from the order date.. I haven't had a problem thus far as far as the bike though..
 18th of Jul, 2008 by   Heather Childress 0 Votes
My brother purchased a harley style motorcycles from them it cam promptly but he had to purchase a battery charger and he also has no legal title or MSO, a local dealer where we live is trying to get him one and had also said they are trying to shut them down, The MSO we have is from irving tx but not stamped and signed properly and the company can do nothing about it.Charge back on your credit card or bank!DO NOT try to send it back or then they will have your bike and money!This company is nothing but a scam, find your local ATV and motorsports store spend the extra money it is soooo worth it in the long haul!
 1st of Aug, 2008 by   whatever151 0 Votes
These people sent the scooter but I had to spend $75 for a motorcycle mechanic to fix it. They told me the MSO has been sent out 6 different times and dates. They did send a MSO and a bill of sale aprx 1 month after they PROMPTLY took my money but both of them had a wrong VIN # so guess what? Right... no matching MSO, no registration, no title, no tag, can't legally ride on the road. These people must be crooks or just the most incompetent imbeciles to ever grace the world wide web of business. I frankly don't see why they haven't been shut down or sued out of business. I suspect fraud and title fraud or embezzlement from somebody at the company. I would highly advise anybody not to do business in any shape, form or fashion with

www.scooterdepot.us

do yourself a big favor and listen to us that have posted. We are unselfish and knowledgeable people trying to help our fellow man and woman not to make the same mistakes we have come to learn the hard way. Heed our warnings or be well prepare to suffer the consequences like a dumb ass! I feel your pain already! We're now in contact with our attorneys and as they've said... it's time to burn the midnight oil on

8th of Aug, 2008 by   ggg 0 Votes
Don't buy from Sunny Sports or their affiliated businesses. Typical NYC bait and switch operation. Tried to order a back pack from their NYC sporting goods store . Link was via eBay Shopping.com sponsored ad at the bottom of a search page. Sunny Sports sent out an e-mail 10 days after order placed at time of supposed shipping indicating that the supplier had screwed up and did not deliver the items to Sunny. They indicated the you could call and re-order (another higher priced item) or they would graciously cancel the order after wasting 2 weeks of my time.

Search the net for complaints before buying and avoid Sunny Sports and all its subsiaries.
 11th of Aug, 2008 by   Lori Page 0 Votes
I bought a scooter from scooter depot in May. I had to call numerous times (kept being put on hold) for paper work and also replacement mirrors. After finally receiving both (which took forever), I was ready to ride my scooter. Well the scooter would not start. After trying to get help from scooter depot, which by the way, no one knew their ass from their elbow, my father who is an excellent mechanic, started working on it for over a week. He got in touch with the mechanics at scooter depot. One told him, "the engine was put together wrong", another told him something else, and so on. He finally figured it out for himself. The carbeurator adjustment was 180 degrees off! I beg anyone for their own good...DO NOT buy from this company!!You will get totally screwed!! It's been nothing but a continual headache. Thank God I have my father. They should be put out of business. NOW!
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   Richard 0 Votes
I purchased a MP50 motor scooter about 3 months ago. It had a severe power loss and would only go about 12 MPH. I called the Scooter Depot for an entire week letting the phone ring until somebody picked it up. When somebody answered I would tell them my problem and be placed on hold again (often for more than 20 minutes). This happened several times and I was finally referred to a new phone number 909-287-0366 (I was told they were moving the warehouse and tech people to a new building). I got to Mike D. in the tech center, and he is the ONLY person in this company that seems to know what he is doing and has the decency to tell me the truth. He has gone to great lengths to try to help me, but he is also a victim of this incredibly poor customer service policy they have. The saga continued for 9 weeks now as I have sent the carburetor back to them, had it examined, found it contaminated with sludge from China testing, had another one sent back to replace it, found the same power loss, and been lied to by at least four people who answered that new number. One man told me that the carbs in this scooter are very inferior and they were having problems with them and I should call an after-market dealer he recommended and get a different carb. I called and they wanted $119 (they had the carb in stock for immediate shipment). For some reason I just don't feel purchasing a different carb to make this scooter run is the right thing to do. I would much rather have the Scooter Depot send me a better one at N/C.

I have been ignored, hung up on, placed on hold for long periods and pretty much aggravated beyond anything that is reasonable. In fact, I might say that in my opinion this is the worst customer service company I have ever encountered in my 64 years. Unless you want aggravation, frustration, and downright rudeness you will do well to find another vendor.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   dan deforest 0 Votes
i was considering purchasing from these people! glad i read your posts. i also went to google earth to view their facilities; sunny motorsports and scooter depot neither is a scooter store or dealership. just an office. they probably order them from a warehouse after you send them money! local stores have them but at a $500 or $600 markup from the scooter store price.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Joseph J Cultrara 0 Votes
On 08/08/08 I purchased a MC_X1507 Moped for $1599.00 According to the advertisement this scooter was to include a Anti-Theft Alarm and Remote Start System.

It has neither, after several E-Mail's and no answer I made several phone calls none of which were answered during regular business hours.

I would like someone to speak with me and advise on the problem.
 29th of Aug, 2008 by   T Fenn Rider 0 Votes
Bought it. Got it. MSO and Title come on time. Runs Great. Needed a Speedometer attachment part it came as promised. I would buy another. Sorry that others have had a hard time. Never pay on the WEB when you can VISA.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   B.j. Thomas +1 Votes
Scooterdepot.us does not care that your bike gets damaged by the trucking company. the tech guy Mike D. is a prick and does not know anything at all. my cousin did a chargeback and won. he had a mc-x1507 one of there shitty mopeds. but i did get some info out of a chick before she got fired or left. the head guy there is some chinese guy named lei lu (spelling i down know). next in line is amy barnes, then some kid named mike zhang (spelling). Mike Dagata is suppose to be tech and parts. a kid named lance (he was helpful). mary and cindy in shipping (were also helpful). alan in customer support (good guy needs to find a new job). the website is fraud and they refuse to change it cause people get suckered into it. the only good people there are alan cindy mary and lance the others that work there can go rot somewhere
 20th of Sep, 2008 by   genny laurie 0 Votes
We had very good service - we did a wire transfer and paid too much and we are receiving a check refund for the difference (paid tax direct and should be paying DMV - in CA). Talked to them many times and had no problem getting the people necessary. Received the bike on Thursday and after methodically going through the final steps have started the 150cc Cozumel scooter and it seems to be just fine. Was very worried after reading all these reviews but I believe because my husband did not rush the process and methodically went through the process even though the directions were a little chinese like. We hope the rest of the process works as well - i.e., no problem getting title, etc. but right now all is good.
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   Fred Verdi 0 Votes
I bought a 150 cc moped from them in July. I still haven`t got it started yet. Althought I gave up trying 6 weeks ago. Their customer service is a total scam. I fought them thru my credit card company, and got a total refund. They haven`t even tried to get thier piece of s...t moped back, I still have it. I was waiting for them to contact me about sending it back so I could put them on hold for weeks like they did to me. Nothing, I guess I`m just going to put it out for trash!!! My advice is to stay clear of this company at all cost.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   Jerry Bruffenhoff 0 Votes
In response to B.J. Thomas (3rd or so from the botoom):

1st of all, yes, some of the other people in sales are clueless, the guy in tech "Mike D" is the only person in that company who has anysort of clue. He knows what he is talking about and got me through my complaining and anger, to a perfectly running bike. It took a while, but he was very patient and assuring. He said he had over 20+ years of experience as the motorcycle mechanic and service manager. He was very good at listening and helping me understand whet the problem could possibly be, and how to fix it. Although, my mechanincal inclinatioin is low, he eplained things clearly and kept things professional through out our several conversations. I told him I could only be on the phone for 5 minutes (at work) and would have to call back. He offered to call back at a more convenient time. I accepted, and he actually called me back...on time no less.

I also had to speak to a few of the other so called tech guys in the past and it was not nearly the same experience as speeking with Mike D. I had some grouchy and half asleep guy named Lance who I left several messages for and he never called back, then he toom my order for months and months and he could not give me information on my order. He got mad, said "Sorry" and hung up on me. I was told "he no longer works here" by one of the other guys when I called back. No wonder he's gone, that guy is underqualified to work they fry machine at McDonalds!

One of the other guys there is also named Mike...BUT, he is Mike Z. They say there are 2 mikes there. Stay away from MIKE Z!!! He is not knowlegable and has a pretty bad attitude. Very snipity and impatient. He changed his story at least 2 or 3 times in the course of one conersation. I hung up and called back, next time I asked for Mike D.

I'm assuming Mike D. must be the general manager there as he is the only one who has a clue on how to properly do business in the United States.
 6th of Feb, 2009 by   K Dog 0 Votes
I purchased the velocity 150cc and it runs like a GSXR 750, I can stand it up on it's back wheel and ride for about a mile.Sunny Sports inc is the best company around ! I even named my first born " Sunny" because of their outstanding tech support and prompt shipping...although i have no license and could care less about a title cause i ride it like i stole it anyway!! I feed it 104 octane ..which gives me the hole shot on most Honda civics..Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease ... Sincerely K Dog Richmond Va
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   deasem3 0 Votes
I went to a website called topclassactions.com and filed a cmplaint, maybe if enough people file against them we can put the whole place out of business and relief other people from getting caught in their trap.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   Percy 0 Votes
I am sure people may have valid complaints. I feel bad that things did not go well for you and I am sympathetic to your plight. Who knows? Maybe after all the complaints, they finally got things in order, I can only speak for myself. Here goes:

I placed an order with "Scooter Depot" on 3/23/09, I received my scooter on 3/30/09 (keep in mind, I live in St. Pete, FL). Everything from the customer service to the delivery was flawless. First of all, when you place an order with Scooter Depot, you need to read the "directions" regarding the sequence of steps that are involved (this info is located at the bottom of the page of the item that you are ordering). First of all, like with any order via phone or internet you need to follow up with them to make sure all is going to plan. You can do this via their "live chat' (directly from their website), or give them a call on their customer service number. I've read some compaints on here regarding not being able to get in touch with customer service or tech support. Well if you follow directions then you would know that their customer service/tech support is in a "pacific" time zone (yes, your order is important however, they don't have 24 hour customer service). For example, next time you take your car in for a repair or next time you drive a new car "off the lot", and it has problems "after hours", call the place and demand an immediate answer to your issue, it's not gonna happen. My bank doesn't even have 24 hour customer service. At any rate, after receiving my scooter, I had a couple of questions regarding install of the mirrors, trunk and battery, I called their "tech support" (when I knew they were open) and spoke with "Nick". He was extremely helpful, he sent me four, "3-minute-links, " via email that I could watch regarding each of my questions. These were extremely helpful, they were videos of a "tech" installing the items (they even had audio). He even sent a "link" regarding the steps to start the scooter (what other company has something like this?? Not many, I promise). In relation to receivng the "title-MSO", it states very clearly on the website, that you don't receive the "title-MSO" until after you receive the item. It states that after receipt, send an email to their MSO department and it will go out the next day (I followed up today and spoke with "Ivy" she was very nice and said it was on it's way). They need to verify that the item was recieved before sending the MSO out otherwise, people could call requesting MSO's and change the info. Each customer service person I spoke with was extremely nice. Most importantly, my scooter, looks and runs great ( MC_K11). I read a review about a guy who thought he was going to get a replica-style Harley and his complaint was that he got ripped off because it wasn't "true" to size. It states very clearly on the website that those bikes are 3/4 scale. All the specs are listed including the wheel size. There's even a "youtube" video of someone riding one. I would definitely buy from Scooter Depot-Sunny Sports. The customer service, was friendly, competent and expeditious. I actually expected that the with the risk of actually ordering a vehicle on-line that I would have to take it to a scooter shop to get it running. I was prepared for that. However, everything turned out fine. Maybe I was an exception.

Buying a Car? Beware of the Tires