logo

Hyundai Fall River MA
Sales and Service
2. (4 mins ago)
aolloa.net
No order, communication or updates about my order
3. (9 mins ago)
Sally Beauty Supply
Horrible workers
4. (11 mins ago)
allrightshoes.com
Seller refused to take order back
5. (11 mins ago)
Kingdom Cavaliers and Rescue
Unethical breeder, unprofessional

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Scooter Depot, City of Industry, California Complaints & Reviews - Bad product & service

Scooter Depot Contacts & Informations

719 Nogales St.
City of Industry, California
Phone: 1-866-965-3888
www.scooterdepot.com
I purchased a scooter from Sunny Sports/Scooter Depot. I have had nothing but problems with it since I received it (later than promised). First, I paid extra to have it delivered with a lift truck but it came with one driver and no lift so I had to find someone to help the driver unload it. Then I had to replace the fuel filter because it was cracked. The turn signals don't work correctly. Sometimes they won't come on. Now, the scooter won't start at all. I have emailed and called Sunny Sports several times. When calling there is always 3 or more people on hold before me. I have asked twice that they call me but have not received a call. I wrote an email giving them a date by which I expected to hear from them before I contacted my attorney but that date has come and gone with no response. I have had five people that I know try to work on this scooter but noone knows what is wrong. I have tried to get a professional to look at it but since it is an off-brand and from China nobody will touch it. All I wanted was some guidance on what to do with this scooter. I have never been treated so badly nor ignored so obviously. Anyone ordering from this company should have their head examined. My appointment is tomorrow. Seriously, the website says how great their customer service is but I beg to differ.
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2008 by   grumpy +1 Votes
I also got a bike from them..
I have been trying to get my title
it's been 21 days now that i should
of got it.I keep getting out on hold for hr.'s
no joke.
My bike came in a week late. Also many
of the parts didnt fit.
PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM THEM !!!
I REALLY WISH THAT I DID'NT
 8th of Jun, 2008 by   cwiduck +1 Votes
I wish I would have checked this company out before buying. I ordered in May. Delivery took twice as long as they claimedand I still have not received paperwork so that I can title and drive it! They do not respond to emails, the contact site doesn't work and they do not return calls. Very unhappy and unsure what to do?
 11th of Jun, 2008 by   Unhappy customer 0 Votes
I agree with you completely. I am so angry I could scream and wring someone's neck and I am not a violent person!

So many lies from them!!!
 6th of Jul, 2008 by   Geri Lambrecht 0 Votes
We also bought a bike from Scooter Depot. They are not only the worst company we have ever dealt with, they are liars!! We ordered a bike from them online and when we received it, it wasn't the same thing we ordered. The first time I called some guy named Henry said his supervisor wasn't in and he couldn't answer any questions for me. The next time I called I was put on hold for Amy, the manager. They kept me on hold for almost an hour. So while I was waiting for her to come on I decided to check out the Better Business Bureau website. Boy am I sorry I didn't do it before!!! Their rating is an F - and most of the complaints are just like ours. I also called American Express because that is how I paid for it. I just received a letter yesterday from them showing the letter and copy of the webpage Sunny Sports sent them. They said I did not read the webpage carefully enough and the bike they sent was just as advertised. What they don't know is I made a copy of the original webpage before they changed it to match what they sent. I am so angry I could just scream!!! I wish there was a way of hacking into their website and warn people not to buy from them. I am also going to contact the California State Attorney's office about their deceitful business practices. I really want them to pay for what they are doing to people!!!
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   Aaron 0 Votes
I also bought a bike from them hoping to have a nice ride but it didn't even come with all of its parts! I had to buy quite a few extra bolts and nuts and screws for my bike and after i put it together the electric start wouldn't work because it was wired wrong! It also takes forever for it to start with kick start and good luck getting hold of someone who works there and who can be a fraction of assistance within this century!! They screw you on customer service, but the bikes aren't bad on there defense all they need is someone other than Ray Charles putting it together and shipping for you.
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   Aschelle +1 Votes
HORRIBLE LIARS!!! STOLE $2000.00 FROM ME THROUGH WIRE TRANSFER! DONT DO IT PLEASE!! YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY STOLEN AND NO ONE WILL HELP YOU AT ALL! I HAVE TWO NEW BORN BABIES AND AM NOT RICH, THE BIKE THEY "SOLD" ME? THEY DONT EVEN CARRY, AND TOLD ME THET WILL NOT REUND MY MONEY EITHER!!! I JUST WANT TO CRY, IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS NOW AND EVERY TIME I CALL THEY HANG UP ON ME! I AM GETTING A ATTORNEY AS WELL!!! PLEASE DONT DEAL WITH THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
Yep, duped too! I ordered a bike from them in May 2008. The bike was delivered to the wrong address middle of June and we were told it would be rerouted and shipped to correct address. First week of July, still no bike and concerned, WE CALLED THEM and were told it was damaged in shipment back to them and there was no other like the one we ordered and our money would be returned to us. Really don't think they had any intention to call us about these problems or returning our money. 23 July 2008, I called and talked to Quan Ji about my refund of $1, 998.00. Luckily, I kept the original invoice with order #, my shipping / billing addresses, and product id info. She asks if I had order #, I did, asks for product id, I gave it to her. Then she tells me she can't find me in the system and asks me to leave a number for accounting to call me. I said no I will not wait for them to call me, I will call back. She went to accounting, came back and said I was not in their system either! SHE HAD THE NERVE TO ASK IF I COULD PROVE THAT I HAD PAID THEM! I said you bet your ass I can prove I paid you. I was told to call back and speak with Allen. I called back and Allen was on the phone, I asked for Quan Ji, she was on the phone. I was asked to leave a message I said no. I was put on hold for about 15 minutes and male came on phone and said Allen was on the phone. I asked for Allen to call me back; I left my number. I did not receive a call on that day. Jul. 24, I called again and Allen wasn't in yet, could I leave a message, I said no, I left my name and # yesterday and did not receive a response. He said for me to email Allen. I sent Allen a nice email about all this crap and left him FIVE ways to contact me and if I did not hear from him by the end of the day I would call once more and attempt to talk about my refund. The next call would be from my lawyer! Well, Allen called and claimed to have called me 3 times and said he left messages on my home and cell phones. BS. I only show one call on my cell. NO calls to home therefore, NO message on home #. Either way "Allen" asked me to call his cell. I did, no answer, voice mailbox full! So I called the # he called me from. Male answered the phone, I asked for Allen, put on hold. Eventually Allen picked up and asked if Christina called me I said who's Christina and he said evidently not. Basically, we still got nowhere. He could not tell me any info. He asked me to call back tomorrow at 3:00 pm my time. I said sure.

This will not go on much longer I can tell you that.
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Malcolm Smith 0 Votes
Got my Scooter, no problems. Can't get the damn title. Had the Scooter 3 weeks today. The lying bastards said they sent my title 3 different times. No way i can register it. I have Amer-Xpress after them. Malcolm in KY
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Donald Stein 0 Votes
Darn - I forgot to push confirmation code ---I'll do this again because we are so-o angry! Not only were our TWO scooters 3 wks late, but we can't get the darn registration forms; the MSO papers (manufactures sight of origin). No title, no license. Fine in Wisconsin for no license is $250 per bike! We have emailed and called many, many times to no avail. We are dealing with someone named "Ivy." Ivy's voice and (broken English) on the phone sounds Asian. Her last excuse was "forms hold up in post office somewhere." I reminded her she said in HER email that they were sent out 7/21 and here it is 7/31. (waiting now a total of 4/FOUR weeks since bike delivery) I wish too we had found this site earlier. I told her if the papers weren't here Sat. 8/2 I would definitely call her Sat. 8/2 --AFTER-- I call Better Business Bureau. I can't believe they haven't been pulled from business - I am certain we can't be the first ones to have been lied to--and continually lied to. I am thinking a class action suit might be in order. D Stein
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Donald Stein +1 Votes
Thanks M Smith - I hadn't thought to go through our credit card. We will contact our card as well. I'll check to see what it takes to file a class action suit - or if it's even possible. I can't license the scooters and I can't sell them either. Here they sit.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   Malcolm Smith +1 Votes
Well folks, when you get your title, got mine after 23 days, your troubles are just starting. I took my title to the dmv, thought i was going to get it registered. They informed me it had to be notorized. The lady faxed it to Sheila and called her. They put her on hold for 45 min. I called when i got home and talked to Sheila. $25.00 for getting it notorized. She would do it the next day and fax to dmv and mail to me. That was 8/4. I called and Sheila no longer works there. They said it was mailed 8/7. They are a bunch of lying bastards and i think everything they do is illegal, plush i don't think they can get it notorized. Malcolm In KY. PS I tried calling Attorney General in LA. Don't even anser their god-damn Phone
 28th of Aug, 2008 by   Storyteller2k3 0 Votes
why dont you guys report them to the Better Business Bureau that should shake things up
 1st of Sep, 2008 by   angry_consumer 0 Votes
Many people have reported them to the better business bureau since 2004. ( They have about 140 unanswered complaints) They just ignore everything. The BBB can't enforce anything, they just try to mediate between consumers and businesses. We contacted the BBB and California Attorney General over a month ago, and have had no responses.
 24th of Sep, 2008 by   jANINE HUNTER 0 Votes
THE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT THIS COMPANY HAS GIVEN ME IS THE WORST!! ESPECIALLY THAT LITTLE BITCH AMY BARNES. I WAS TRANSFERRED TO HER AFTER ASKING TO TALK TO A MANAGER.. SHE THOUGHT SHE HUNG UP THE LINE WHEN SHE PUT ME ON HOLD BUT DIDN'T REALIZE THAT I HEARD EVERYTHING THAT SHE WAS SAYING ABOUT THEIR COMPANY THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID...

...".IF SHE'S PISSED, LET HER BE PISSED... I'M SURE A FREE HELMET WILL SHUT HER UP.. BESIDES.. THE MOPED SHE ORDERED IS NOT GONNA WORK WHEN SHE GETS IT ANY WAY.. WHAT IS SHE BITCHING ABOUT.. SHE PAID A MEASILY $1, OOO WHAT DOES SHE EXPECT- A HONDA MOPED?? SHE'S OUT OF HER MIND... LETS WAIT AND SEE HOW LONG SHE HOLDS FOR A MANAGER BEFORE SHE HANGS UP... "

SO- I WAITED & WAITED * WATIED.. 45 GOD DAMN FUCKIN MINUTES PASSSED BY!! I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE LEFT ME ON HOLD FOR THAT LONG!! I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD AFTER I RECORDED EVERYTHING & WAS ABLE TO GET MY MONEY BACK...

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU MAKE A DECISION PRIOR TO ORDERING FROMA CHINESE COMPANY THAT SELLS SCOOTERS... THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS.. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY THEY ARE MAKING & SCHEME THEIR WAYS THROUGH KEEPING THE BUSINESS GOING... HOW DO YOU FIGURE THAT AFTER 5 YEARS OF BEING IN BUSINESS, ALL THEC OMPLAINTS IN THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEY ARE IN BUSINESS?? THAT'S TOTALLY UNFAIR I HOPE SHE BURNS IN HELL!!!
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   George 0 Votes
My experience with this company has been unbelievably awful and recommend that anyone using them be extremely careful. Here's the list of reasons why:
1. Ordered a silver motor scooter - received a blue one.
2. Ordered a scooter with a trunk and rack designed to hold it, as it was advertised - received neither.
3. When the scooter arrived, the front brake didn't work and I was instructed to take it to a local repair shop and have the front brake bled. At the request of the mechanic, I had them send me a new brake cyclinder but after repeated calls and e-mails, they never responded to confirm they would pay for the installation.
4. The scooter is almost impossible to start, so at my own expense ($200) I took it to a repair shop to have it checked out. After working on it for two days, taking it apart, the mechanic told me the carbruator was clogged full of a gum-like substance which prevented it from starting. And while charging the battery, one of the terminals just broke completely off. I had to buy a new battery.
5. The scooter was advertised as being completely approved and road worthy in every state. The State of Pennsylvania has declared all such motor scooters made in China with a similar serial number to be NOT ROAD WORTHY and will not allow them to be driven on Pennsylvania roads. As a result, I cannot get a legal title for it, can't get the scooter registered and cannot legally drive it. And since I can't get a legal title or registration from the State, I'm not even sure I can sell it!!!
6. I've called the company many times and get the same run-around everyone else has experienced and written about. No one calls back. I've sent them e-mails, which at first, someone did answer...but now, I don't even get answers to my e-mails.
Fortunately, I charged the scooter on my Mastercard and had them reverse the charge on my account, which they did immediately. The cost of the scooter was charged back to the company and they still haven't even responded.
If anyone wants to buy a very slighty "used" blue motor scooter with low mileage please call me...soon.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Earl Montgomery 0 Votes
Hi,

I believe there are two different scooter depot websites. Could you please specify which one you're referring to?
 14th of Dec, 2008 by   jj5 -1 Votes
I ordered a Scooter from there. They told me that it would be at my house no later that 2 weeks 3weeks later sitll no scooter they said they didnt have it in stock that they should get some in next week. (Why did they sell it if they didnt have it!!) So I said thats fine. I called back the next week they put me on hold for 3o min The girl picked up (I could barly understand what she was saying) said that they still dont have the scooter that is is held up in customs that they shold get them soom. so i wated one more week called them back they put me on hold for an HOUR said they still dont have them in. I asked for my money back I was put on hold for another 45 min. 2 weeks later I did get my money back. I WAS SUPRISED. I wish i would have looked at this site before I ordered. I did find a good company Motopowersports.com I ordered a scooter from them on Friday it came on Thursday!!! They where also very nice and they sounded American.. The MCO came 3 days later.
 19th of Jan, 2009 by   Karl Shumaker +1 Votes
Just want to add to the growing evidence. The thing that set off alarm bells for us was, "Your product was shipped yesterday but I cannot get you a tracking number until tomorrow." We pulled the plug after the third time of being told this: we canceled the credit card out from under them! Of course, we had a major hassle with the card company getting all that straightened out but that is another story. I highly recommend AGAINST Scooter Depot, Sunny Sports, Happy Scooter or whatever they want to call themselves. I bought a Kymco Agility 50 and a Yamaha Vino 50 from a local dealer at twice the price and it was WORTH IT!
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   FRED MILLER +1 Votes
I MADE MY ORDER IN DECEMBER ON THE 12TH THE NEXT DAY I GOT A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION/TRACKING#...I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND RECEIVED THE ORDER WITHIN 6 DAYS OF PLACING MY ORDER...I FEEL SORRY FOR EVERYONE HERE THAT HAS HAD SUCK BAD LUCK WITH THEIR PRODUCT...I BOUGHT THE MOPED..IT'S A CHAMP!!! RIDING TO WORK & ALL OVER THE PLACE NO PROBLEMS OTHER THAN CHANGING THE TIRES/OIL ETC...

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR??? OR IS IT BAD LUCK??

I WOULD DEFINATELY BUY FROM THEM AGAIN..GOING ON MY THIRD ORDER- SO FAR NO PROBLEMS WITH 2 DIRT BIKES AND THE MOPED I RECEIVED
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   FRED MILLER -1 Votes
I have made an order for this company 2 weeks ago- received the dirt bikes i ordered...i regret spending $3, 000 on a Yamaha dirt bike i received that i bought through another company when i could have gottent he one i just received for $900. All you people here coming to complain abuot these need to know something about this company

#1 you get what you pay for but you have to make the most of what you get to make it worth while

What the company doesn't want you to know is that you can modify these things by removing and replacing the chinese parts they have with japanese parts to make them work better. I did this with both of the dirt birks. Change the engine after paying $300 each bike- it's well worth it!!! the bikes turned out to cost me $900 + $300 for the engine.. i have paid a total of $1200 instead of the $3, 000 that i paid for the YaMAHA BRAND.

Good luck to all you and remember- you can modify these chinese dirt bikes/mopeds/atv's to get them working well but you have to pay extra money to get parts to get them to work and work for a long time!!

Good Luck All