logo

Schumacher Homes

Posted:    Louisian

Major problems

Schumacher Homes
Schumacher Homes makes you believe they build a quality home and stress free to the customer. Do not sign an agreement until you consult a lawyer on the terms. I had Schumacher Homes build my home and it was a fight from the beginning. It took them over six months to start construction; the frame work started right away; and then the problems started. They were slow to get sub-contractors to do any work and then the work was substandard. The contruction took longer than 12 months to complete due to no delays on the buyer or mother nature which I had to pay contruction loan penalties. No action could be taken against them because of the "Limitation of Damages" clause. There is nothing in the contract that protects the buyer. Schumacher Homes can take as long as they want to correct any defects noted in the home. I was forced to take the home because the cost of penalties and other expensens related to the delay of occupying the home were costly. I figure I would have it corrected under warranty. Yea, right! They're protected there also if you sign the warranty. I'm having to spend my owe money to correct these defects. Very costly! There is more to stay but not the time.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2013 by   SarahPalmer 0 Votes
we are having the exact same problems with them. They do not want to fix anything. Craftmanship of the house is horrible, cheaply one.
 2nd of Mar, 2014 by   divorced 0 Votes
I had a nice builder if I called he got right back to me guess things went bad for him also he left them. The house starts out at a good price but then if you want more than 4 walls everything is a high price up grade. The nails popped out of my roof two years ago the house is 2yrs. 3mo. *PHP Spellcheck Trial* . They still have not come to fix it. I had them put in pipes and get it ready for a bathroom in the basement. It cost me 2, 200.00 dollars it was a 4x4 space how do you get a 5' tub in 4'. I had a contractor come in to do the basement he took pictures before he fixed stuff . He had to move the drains & pips level the floor I had another company come in to fill the cuts with some special stuff their
Company uses.I could not lay carpet on 5/8"wx1"deep cuts. I now have about 10, 000.00 in a bedroom and bath counting the 2, 200.00
I just gave SCHUMCHER. Now i'm having a family room done in the basement same thing but worst. I have to call that company back
That uses that high price stuff to fix the floor. And this is going to take a lot of the stuff they use to level this floor, it's big and it's real bad.
I may have 20, 000.00 in this one. BY the way the contractor found wiring he didn't like might want to check that.If I don't get my money back for their mistake. I'm getting my lawyer out of Columbus he is the best.
JENNY R