logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (50 mins ago)
Weekly Youth Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
4. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Essay writing companies - Scam & Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Gardena, California Complaints & Reviews - Missing and damaged goods, unwilling to resolve issue with client

Schumacher Cargo Logistics Contacts & Informations

Schumacher Cargo Logistics

Posted: 2012-01-27 by    Sandra Garayzar

Missing and damaged goods, unwilling to resolve issue with client

Schumacher Cargo Logistics
Gardena, California
Like many others who have posted complaints here about Schumacher Cargo Logistics in Gardena, CAlifornia, my story is eerily familiar as the stories I read - down to the details-
Shipping car with contents
Car arriving late
Contents not in car
Having to pay extra if I want my personal items
When contents arrive many are damaged or plain missing
Schumacher putting the blame on the "other" agent
Me, the client, constantly writing and calling Schumacher and getting no response
Finally, in frustration contacting the Better Business Bureau for help
BBB is ignored as well, then, after continual writing to have "me contact them-Schumacher-
Contact Schumacher trying to resolve the issue in good will - this after a year of trying-
Still nothing
Contact Schumacher again, nothing, not even acknowledgment that they have received my e-mails, copies of documents, photographs of damaged good, detailed lists of what was missing, etc.
Contact Schumacher again, begging at this point to at least acknowledge receipt of my documents
Get a reply back "that because of the time passed, the best Schumacher can do is offer me 500 dollars"... for the record, it was not me who took the time to respond but Schumacher.
Wrote back to Schumacher telling them what I told the agent about the value of the items in my car (between 7 and 10, 000 euros and many items were irreplaceable. ) I was even told that it the problem would have never happened had I not put the items in the car (this after they -Schumacher- knew and even saw the contents in the car)
No reply from Schumacher.
Contact the Better Business Bureau, again, asking for arbitration. Told arbitration will only work if Schumacher agrees to do it.
Filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the California Consumer Protection Agency.
Still nothing from Schumacher.
I paid $3, 205 dollars to have my car shipped from Barcelona to Los Angeles, then an additional 2+K to have my things shipped, then an additional 350 to have them delivered to my house (whatever there was left), I have lost over a year trying to deal with this, lost about 10K in goods...

...and Schumacher? Silent as they ever were. As I said to them on a fax "Schumacher is acting as if I am ignored long enough, I will go away."... It has been a total nightmare and what is worse, they will get away with it like they have with the others who have posted on the forum as well.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2012 by   Bill A. 0 Votes
Contact the California Insurance Commission, that will get the ball rolling for you . Better Business Bureau is only for the Merchants . Been there, done that, got the T-shirt ! By the way I am starting to experience the same with Schumacher Cargo Logistics . I'm shipping a motorcycle to Germany and they (Schumacher) will not answer e-mails I've sent for two weeks now . It took me calling them to finally at least acknowledge they recieved the motorcycle . Now it's a waiting game !
 24th of Apr, 2012 by   peregrinamom 0 Votes
I wish you luck Bill. It has been over a year and I have tried everything. I has been a nightmare I do not wish upon anyone. I hope your issue gets resolved faster and with better results than mine did. Take care.
 26th of Jul, 2012 by   Schumacher Cargo 0 Votes
Schumacher Cargo has a policy to answer all clients’ questions and try to resolve any issues during the process of shipping. We have many open lines of communication and no automated phone service. This means we always answer the phone in person.
Whether it is an export from the US or an Import coming into the US, we have professional agents in every destination port around the world. We ship a lot of consolidations which means we co-load clients’ items in the same container. This type of shipping service offers you, the client, a competitive rate as you are sharing the container with other clients. It also means that the loading time frame can be harder to guarantee. This is the nature of consolidation, no matter the cargo. We try our best to deliver our promise to each and every client, and every client has their own needs and expectations from us. We ship many vehicles per year and do offer a high level of customer service. Unfortunately, from time to time, we have discontented clients for various reasons and because of the nature and length of the process, most complaints can be valid in their own right. There is rarely a common complaint, as each client’s shipping experience is different from the next.

Our aim is to try to advise and educate people shipping for the first time as there can be a realization that it is more complex than it seems, but we have been shipping internationally since 1977 and we strive to make ourselves better every year by offering industry leading services to our clients.
 25th of Oct, 2014 by   Udo Fischer 0 Votes
I just have Bad Experience with Schumacher Cargo
Wanna ship my Cars overseas to Las Palmas Spain
And Schumacher have no Professional Agents around the World, they have a ignoring Customer Service and never keep Promisses and the Whole contact is a nightmare
Would say everybody who wanna choose Schumacher for Shipping Stay away and Run so fast you can
And If this is a Way to do Business Schumacher lives in a different World
To the Guy who Sent a positive Review, why all complaints are near Simular, Would think about that
 25th of Oct, 2014 by   Udo Fischer 0 Votes
Probably Martin Baker should organize his Company ( Schumacher Cargo) New, ignoring, no answers for Customer questions, and If Information they are most of the Time wrong, and its always somebody Else fault, Never Take responsibility for their mistakes

Avoid Holiday Charity Scams