logo

Sceptre TV Contacts & Informations

Sceptre TV

Posted:    weirdcatlady

Sceptre
I ordered a Sceptre Television. From the day I got it there was a tiny red dot in the center of the screen. I was told by customer service that I could not return the TV because according to industry standards, there had to be 3 dots in a cluster or at least 8 dots all over the screen. So, apparently, I paid $600 for a faulty TV with a dot in the middle. So a month goes by and the 1 dot turns into a little red line with yet another red dot next to it. So after I had to submit multiple pictures of the dots to their customer service department, they finally agreed that I should have my Tv replaced. Funny thing is I had to purchase packaging, foam, and bubble wrap for a 32 inch TV and then pay to have it sent back to them. So...ideally...I am paying $100 to send back a TV that was never good from the first day bringing the grand total of my purchase to $700. I don't see this as a good customer service practice. Had I done something to the TV to make it returnable, I would of course expect to pay any fees. I should have never taken a chance on a brand I knew nothing about.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Sceptre TV complaints
Sceptre TV - not turning on

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2010 by   DON"T BUY SCEPTRE 0 Votes
SCEPTRE LCD TVS are the worse choice anybody can make, the service very expensive, the tv quality just the visual are OK, the eletronics parts PIECEs OF JUNK don't last as other brands.

DO NOT BUY SCEPTRE. I will save a lots of problems...
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   Brishquetteh 0 Votes
I purchased a Spectre television from walmart.com not 2 months after buying the television the color went out you could hear the television but couldn't see the picture. Walmart replace the television and now here is is not even a year later a d the same thing has happened again I contacted the company and got no answer from them so I emailed them because that is what the voice mail directed me to do so the support team at Spectre sent me an email. I asked them to to call me because I didn't want to be checking for emails when they can just pick up the phone. Three days went by and no response I sent another email they asked me to fill out a form and submit it did that. Here it is almost a week later and still no answer this is just wrong if I wait any longer my warranty is going to run out. Then I will be paying for them to fix my television. Never again will I purchase anything with this brand.
 19th of Aug, 2013 by   Mark Pioch 0 Votes
My Sceptre 50" TV lost picture. It took me days to get through to their technical service. They sent a guy out to repair it. The repair took 3 hours and it still didn't work. They said they would send a box for me to ship it back for warantee repairs but I never got the box. Now I'm trying to contact them and they won't answer their phone and no online chat. I sent them several e-mails. I will never buy a Sceptre again.
 6th of Sep, 2013 by   ohdrama 0 Votes
I bought a 32 inch sceptre flat screen TV from Walmart Christmas 2012 and within 4 to 5 months the TV screen went
 10th of Sep, 2013 by   mitchd123 0 Votes
My Sceptre 50" TV also failed after 9 months. One side of the screen is black. It's still under warranty, but I'm getting the run-around from support in order to ship it back. They must figure after enough back and forths people give up.
 27th of Sep, 2013 by   sceptre sceptic 0 Votes
I just pulled apart my sister in law's 32 inch Sceptre flat screen she picked up from Walmart just over a year ago and just past it's fabulous warranty. She turned it on, heard a pop, sparks arcing out of the back and one heck of a rotten electrical smell. What I found was a burnt display board. Either the display was drawing to much power or one of the components in the board went out. The board was toasted right between where the two display wires plug into it. For gigles I plugged it back in while the cover was still off and when I hit the power button the sparks were a flying again and more stink.pouring off of it. Depending on where this tv would have been sitting, it really could have started a fire. Not safe and definately not worth purchasing at any price.
 4th of Nov, 2013 by   TV Fixed 0 Votes
This is my second Sceptre 32" that has the Black Screen of Death just after warranty expires. My son saw smoke coming out the back when he turned it on. I opened this one up and found a burnt circuit board. Looking to see if I could replace a part on the board I noticed it was only shorted across to points. I used a small drill and bit to open the short extending and existing cut in the board. Guess what the TV works again! A simple 1 minute fix saved me $200. These TV's a crap if you have the same Problem before tossing the TV in the trash like I almost did, Check to see if you can make the same simple fix I made. Photo attached.
 20th of Dec, 2013 by   No more sceptres for me 0 Votes
I cant imagine why they call it customer support when all you can get is an answering machine. Their on-line chat system is a hoax as well. You sit and wait and then after several minutes it tells you no one is available. What a joke. Save yourself some trouble and disgust, , buy a different brand. STAY AWAY FROM SCEPTRE
 30th of Dec, 2013 by   disappointed misses 0 Votes
Omg after reading these reviews I'm so disappointed, I have 2 sceptre tv's and my 40'' is acting up it won't power on anymore but the blue light still works I have to unplug the tv about 10 times in order for it to work
 20th of Jan, 2014 by   Nathan a smith 0 Votes
Sceptre is the worst model tv ever made in this world, there creation sucks ass. They need to get out of business with their suck ass televisions. Sometimes it takes 30 mins to turn on the tv because sceptre does not know how to make a real TVs like samsung, sony, etc
 7th of Feb, 2014 by   stevie824 0 Votes
i got a sceptre tv for christmas and now its not working and i cant get though customer service. this sucks.
 10th of Feb, 2014 by   sceptrestinks 0 Votes
I have a duplicate complaint as I have already read this is a problem product with little if no customer service back up. I thought there were laws to protecet consumers against this type of bad business. 6 months after my purchase from Walmart.com my 32" tv screen also went black, they did however send me a box to return it in and they paid postage but the tv they replaced it with has the same problem 18 months later. There should be a lemon law in place for these type of high dollar items that are obviously defective.
 22nd of Mar, 2014 by   Damon B. +2 Votes
I purchased a 50" LCD TV from Walmart.com on 2/1/2013 and today, 3/22/2014, I came home only to see my TV laying on the floor. After investigating the reason, it seems that it snapped off the base which was supposedly made to hold it. Now after calling to file a claim which I couldn't cause I didn't purchase the warranty although I know I did because it would be stupid not to. Productassist.com (877) 968-6391 and Walmart.com (855) 315-2743 were no help either. They told me to call the manufacture and see if they can help me out.
 25th of Mar, 2014 by   Joe J.S. +1 Votes
I purchased a Sceptre LCD TV and the stand base also cracked. Luckily, I noticed on 3/24/2014 the TV severely leaning forward before it actually fell to the floor as did Damon B.'s TV which he states above. I have a warranty from Walmart but they do not replace the stands which, by the way, came in the same box with the TV and was included in the price of the TV (not a separate purchase). There needs to be a recall on the stands which could injure a child or even an adult if they TV were close to the TV when it shattered to the floor. After reading that no one could get through to Sceptre customer service I am at a loss as to what to do.
 4th of Apr, 2014 by   Chef Bob 0 Votes
Bought a 32 inch Sceptre around a year ago. Last month it would not turn on. Read that if you hold the S button on the side when you turn it on it would come on. After doing this for almost a month now that doesn't even turn it on. What 2 do? Junk it or see if there is a permanent fix. Just like another brand LCD that I had. Took it to Best Buy, charged me $30. Called me and said it could be fixed for $900. Only paid $172 why should I pay $900 to fix it.
 14th of May, 2014 by   jesskas +1 Votes
Bought my 50" Sceptre 3/21/13 my kids called me crying saying they came home to find the TV face down on the floor and cracked. I came home a few minutes later to find that it snapped right off the base. I called to see what they would do, she told me to fill out the warranty form online and they would send me a new one. I don't know whether they will or not considering it was purchased a lil over a year ago, but the lady I spoke with named off my TV size and model before I told her. My guess is that they have had this problem a lot. I am very disappointed in the quality of this TV and even more so because its the first flat screen I have ever had.
 14th of May, 2014 by   Chef Bob 0 Votes
replaced my Sceptre 32 inch with an LG and very happy now. Never again will I buy a Sceptre.
 30th of May, 2014 by   DissatistiedCustomer 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY SCEPTRE - I purchased a Sceptre and three months later the tv kept turning on by itself. Sceptre sent a warranty person to replace the board free. Well, it has been a year now and suddenly the tv turned off and will NOT turn back on. They are all right, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BRAND. The remote they sent me for replacement turned HOT after two minutes after I put in the batteries.
 19th of Jun, 2014 by   JR Saunders 0 Votes
SCEPTRE is the worst TV purchase I have ever made! I bought the 40" LCD HDTV for my Dad for Christmas, it is now less than 6mo. old and has a black screen!! The blue power light works and will not shut off unless you unplug the TV. What a disappointment SCEPTRE!! You should be ashamed to sell such a terrible product.
 3rd of Jul, 2014 by   sceptre man 0 Votes