logo

Care.com
Auto billing
2. (9 mins ago)
SuperiorPowersports.com
Wont stand behind sales or product...
3. (11 mins ago)
United Auto Credit
Privacy issues
4. (15 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
5. (17 mins ago)
Open Road Acura of East Brunswick
Unethical Salesmanship

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ScentCrafters now Scent Matchers, Cadillac, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Refund Policy

ScentCrafters now Scent Matchers Contacts & Informations

ScentCrafters now Scent Matchers

Posted:    dumb blond

Refund Policy

ScentCrafters now Scent Matchers
515 White Pine
Cadillac, Michigan
I ordered perform on April 4, 2009. They charged my credit card on April 5, 2009. Never received the item until May 12, 2009. The perfume was horrible nothing like the original. Send it back on May 19, 2009. Was told by company they would refuse the package and no refund because it was not within 30 days of purchase. Of course I did not get the item until after the 30 days in which they stated they matched this perfume in the past so why so long. Now they stated that it will be refused because I did not call and get an authorization number. I received no paperwork with the perfume and no where does it mention on their website that I needed authorization. DO NOT ORDER FORM THEM. PERFUME IS HORRIBLE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of May, 2009 by   Alexis B +2 Votes
OMG me too!! I HATE this company, don't ever ever EVER buy from SCENTMATCHERS.COM. Not only did they claim on their homepage that they've created the exact perfume I was ordering, but I was charged immediately for my order and it took 9 WEEKS to recieve my package. It smelled nothing like what a ordered, a discontinued Issey Miyaki perfume. It was such a let down to wait 9 weeks for something that smelled totally gross. During the 9 week waiting period I emailed customer service about 4 times trying to be patient. Lance and Adam were names of people that emailed me back that said my order was proving hard to duplicate. I said then why did you advertise that you've matched this exact scent on your home page? no response of course. Once i recieved the discusting bottle of perfume, I emailed them once more, and their answer was we're sorry your unhappy with your order, when was it placed? I gave him the date, and reminded him that we'd been in touch and it took them 9 weeks to send it to me and he responded back with. "sorry, our return policy is 30 days after purchase." I just emailed back are you kidding me!? How could i return something i didn't even have yet!!? How is that in any way a return policy that makes sense. I swear to god they take so long to run out the 30 day period and your just stuck with a nasty smelling bottle of crap perfume. I'm so pissed i want to report them so no one else goes through this but i don't know where to go to do that. Discusting service, if your smart, you'll stay away from them, if your trying to find something discontinued like i was, hopefully you'll find what your looking for on Ebay, thats where i was finally successful.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Jossi 0 Votes
Alexis, you are not the only person this same scenario has happened to. There is a gentleman named Alex who has been corresponding with me. I am going to be filing a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General and the U.S. Postal Service, as this could classify as mail fraud. Here are the two links:

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0, 1607, 7-164-17331-42077--, 00.html

Jossi
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   SC LLC 0 Votes
Hello,

I am 50% owner of the parent company of Scentcrafters.com and Scentmatchers.com. These are two separate companies. Scentcrafters.com makes custom perfume for individuals and companies. Scentmatchers.com duplicates discontinued perfume and cologne for individuals.

I would like to generally address some of the comments here.

I think that a couple recent testimonials on our Scentcrafters.com page go along ways towards showing we are definitely not a scam or out to defraud anyone. We have testimonials from both the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and Cops And Doughnuts, a bakery store owned by 9 police officers in Claire, MI. They can be found here:

I've read over the comments above and I think that some are very legit. We did have a terrible return policy at Scentmatchers.com. It was a 30 day money back guarantee from the order date. Many customers did not receive their bottles for more than 30 days. When they went to return we (stupidly) stuck by our written policy. We compounded a bad policy by being inflexible. We have changed this policy well over a month ago to make it 30 days from the date of receipt of the product. Meaning people have 30 days to return the product after they receive it. Note that most perfume and cologne companies do not allow returns AT ALL once a product has been opened.

If anyone reading this was a past customer and had a problem with the old policy mentioned above please contact us at support@scentmatchers.com and we'll send you a refund check. We apologize for the bad policy and want to make it right.

We have also had some Customer Service issues. I think it takes a certain temperament to work in Customer Service and we've had the wrong people for the job. We've replaced our Customer Service Manager and it is our priority to make sure that our customers receive top notch customer service at all times. We do process literally thousands of orders a year and most of our customer's are extremely satisfied, however, even these few complaints are far too many for us to be happy with.

Finally the return policy complaints do reference our product quality. All of these complaints are for Scentmatchers.com. What Scentmatchers.com does is match/duplicate discontinued perfume and cologne. So customers that order are so in love with their favorite fragrances that they want them reproduced even after they have been discontinued. As you can imagine they have very high expectations. We almost always meet these expectations. In some cases we cannot, and we even state this on our site, that we are not always successful. What we do is very difficult and we are successful a vast majority of the time.

The rest of the complaints seem to be either people that have never purchased from us, the same people commenting multiple times, or in the most upsetting cases, completely made up stories. I think you can pick out the more bizarre ones yourselves, the only thing we can think is that it's either our competitors, or customers we've made so angry with our previous return policy that they've decided to lie and fabricate. This site does not verify the identity of posters, nor can it realistically hope to. Nor does it take any steps to ensure that anything they are posting is true.

This will be our one and only post regarding on this website. We don't feel it is the proper format to handle specific customer complaints. If you have any specific questions for us please e-mail us at support@scentcrafters.com or support@scentmatchers.com.

Thank you for helping make our company better. Because of your complaints we have changed our Return Policy and hired a new Customer Service Manager.

Best Regards,

Adam Schultz
Sales Manager
Scentcrafters.com & Scentmatchers.com
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   Jossi 0 Votes
I have had cordial e-mails with Adam Schultz and he stood by his word, as reflected in his recent posting. I commend him for doing such.
Jossi
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   my love +2 Votes
it is going on 2 weeks, WHERE IS MY PRODUCT???
or mail back my POSTAL CHECK.

ERIC "LASTYLE" CRAIG

3 - 10 - 2010
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   my love +1 Votes
if i can't get the product then atleast give me back my POSTAL MONEY ORDER!
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   Diane De +2 Votes
Well now, Adam, you sound so nice. The testimonials you speak of are for Scentcrafters, not Scentmatchers, which is where I got ripped off. From what I've read, Scentcrafters makes new scents and Scentmatchers trys to match discontinued scents. The fact that you used the cops and the FBI as your positive testimonials speaks volumes. Scentmatchers ripped me off. I have done everything in my power to get my money back but in doing so, I have spent much more with no return. Your posting doesn't address the issue. The issue is that many people have sent your company what little they had left of their coveted perfume, waited over 6 weeks (sometimes longer) to have it matched, only to receive a bogus smelling scent, then have sent it back never to hear from you again. I have also read where you have been accused of selling customer email addresses to other companys.
If you trully wanted to make it right, Adam (if that is really your name), contact all the people you ripped off and make it right. Otherwise, all of this is just more talk & promises that we've all heard before.
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   tamaram 0 Votes
Absolutely. I completely agree with everyone that has been ripped off by this company. They may SAY they have made things right, but when they don't return your $200 SAMPLE when they promised to, they have STOLEN $200. See how this works, Adam? Same thing as not returning your money or sending your product after we have to go to the attorney general's office and make complaints. It takes us OUR time and effort and frustration. Legally, what you do is a felony and if you are found by your real name, you can be prosecuted and punished by law.
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   Jinn 0 Votes
I agree completely that this company has no ethics!!! My story is the same, wanted to find a great Christmas gift, asked specifically if it could be done in time, was told yes, emailed them 2 days ago and was told that it would be shipped Jan 4th and that it was my fault because I did not order earlier. From what I can see now that I have looked through some previous complaints, this was to be expected.
I asked for a refund (did not even want to try and deal with returning something with them so I can't comment on the actual product). They did send a confirmation of the cancellation, we'll still have to see.
And Adam, the new Customer Service Manager that was hired, Jennifer Monroe, does you no better. Customer service implies just that, service, not rude blame shifting because she couldn't do what she originally stated she could!
STAY AWAY!!!
 9th of Jan, 2011 by   YAYA12345115 +1 Votes
I just want to know that if this company is legit then why is it that when you put in the fragrance "Bird Shit" made by Smelly Arse that it comes up in the website's data base as "FOUND MATCH"????
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   stinkbomb 0 Votes
Scentmatchers is definitely a scam. The fragrance they sent smells NOTHING like my beautiful, discontinued Lolita Lempicka that was my signature scent for the time it lasted! How dare they at Scentmatchers claim that what they sent me - the fluorescent pink puke that smells cheaper than the worst bargain basement stuff you'd find at Walgreens - even closely resembles it! I've never smelled anything so awful that claims to be perfume! Despite Mr Schultz's eloquent defense above, this company's unethical, amazingly crooked practices have obviously not changed one iota. I live abroad but go to the US for the Christmas holidays. I ordered my fragrance in early November, sure that it would be waiting for me by December 19 when I arrived. Just before my return back to Europe in January, I sent them an email, to which they replied they were still waiting for an ingredient and would send it on January 17. I was so eager to own my lovely fragrance again, that I asked them to send it to me here in France, so they charge me a whopping $19 on top of the shipping I'd already paid for for the US shipping. NINETEEN DOLLARS for a tiny package that fit in my mailbox. I finally received it yesterday, January 28. I promptly tried it. It stank so bad, I had to take off the sweater where I'd spritzed it. Disgusting. I literally couldn't have it on me. I immediately sent an email to Jennifer Monroe, who said they'd refund the $59.99 but not the shipping, for which I paid upwards of $25! Pathetic. I will be sending it back on Monday, and if I get a refund quickly, I will not take legal action. I get legal help for free. This company deserves a class action suit and to be put out of business immediately! I've never been so blatantly ripped off in my life! Please, Mr Schultz, if you have any grain of decency in your body, close this company!
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Jossi 0 Votes
Lolita Lempicka is not discontinued. http://www.fragrancenet.com/lolita-lempicka-perfume/lolita-lempicka/womens-fragrances/wf/en_US/01526?cur_letter=L
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   stinkbomb 0 Votes
Jossi, you probably don't realize that the Lolita Lempicka fragrance in the apple-shaped bottle has come out with several limited edition flankers. The 2008 version was the one I was referring to and ordered from ScentMatchers. As I mentioned, I live in France, and LL is a French designer. I also happen to work indirectly for the cosmetics industry, in addition to being a perfume lover (and this limited edition version was by far my favorite for the time my bottle lasted), so I have some idea what is available on the market and what is not. Besides, considering the way this company operates, the actual fragrance I ordered is hardly the issue here!
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Jossi +1 Votes
Thank you for the Lolita information, Stinkbomb. My issue was resolved, having occurred in 2009, sounding or, I should say, smelling like your "match"!!! I still get messages in e-mail from Complaints Board regarding this subject!
 10th of May, 2011 by   FragranceFree +1 Votes
wow-glad I checked here before ordering from this company...I just filled out an order for Accenti by Gucci but decided to check for any customer service issues before giving them my credit card information...I don't think I'll be ordering anything. ~ "FragranceFree"
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   foreversunshine 0 Votes
I agree with everyone on here. I have not actually ordered from scent matchers but i was hesitatant to order so the box where you put the perfume name i put the word scam in the box just to see what it said and what do you know it said it found my scent!! you can put in jumbled letters for the manufactorers name and jumbled letters for the scent name and it still says it found a match. This website is definately a scam
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   MAnt 0 Votes
ScentMasters.com today is April 18, 2013, i too have received a totally wrong order. I was willing to provide a sample but they never asked for it. i purchased $ 84.00 worth of what i was hoping would have been close to the fragrancei was seeking. Not even near close. i emailed their customer service, as their phone message indicates to do.. Soo, when i emailed to inquire about a return, their email -- verbatim said>>
Hello, I would suggest contacting the company you ordered from. . . Julie Henry customer service manager, scentcrafters.com, Brilliant Enterprises llc
In addition, i had emailed them prior to makeing the purchase to assure they would be able to copy the fragrance.
They emailed back saying they could help me, but when i emailed for a return, this was suddenly the wrong email address? well thank goodness for credit card customer service. Anybody want some really bad smelling perfume and lotion?
 29th of Jun, 2013 by   Jan A G 0 Votes
To be fair to this company I must comment that Scent Masters responded immediately when I contacted them and were polite and honest. After ordering I wrote that I doubted that their product would meet my expectations. They instantly voided the charge. Good business ethics.
 9th of Jun, 2014 by   Geezabrat 0 Votes
I ordered a copy of the Bare Escentuals Pikake scent. I will attest to the fact that I received it in about 2 weeks but it smelled nothing like the scent I had ordered. There was no paperwork inclided to return it, so I emailed it and they gave me a number to put on the address label. I enclosed the email plus a copy of my order email and returned the bottle to them. It's been 3 months and no refund!!! They are horrible and I am sorry I ever did business with them.

Top 5 Consumer Complaints