logo

Scarborough Research Contacts & Informations

Posted:    George

Rude service

Scarborough Research
I would like to file a complaint about a Company called Scarborough Research. They called me numerous times at all hours of the day or night and even left a message on my answering machine! These people are very rude and won't take no for an answer. I was told that my phone number can not be taken off their list. I do not wish to take their survey and most of all I do not want them to call me again. If they were polite I wouldn't have a problem, but they are aggressive and rude. I do not think I have to explain myself after I say no thank you! The Company information follows:
4801 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78229-5347
(210) 522-9215
This is what I found on their web site : "call 1-800-753-6043 or to E-mail our Web site, to verify that it is really you asking for the change". I guess I will have to call them to let them know that I do not wish to be called again!!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Jan, 2010 by   c2406m -1 Votes
Please read this if you are receiving calls from Scarborough Research. This is a sister company of Nielsen Ratings Company. The state allows them to make multiple calls to get information regarding a survey that is used to determine what tv, newspaper and radio programs people perfer. This survey will make programing better for everyone. They are not telemarketers. They sell NOTHING and do not come under telemarketing laws. If they are rude, please ask for a supervisor. They are not allowed to be rude to anybody. If you want to have your name removed from their list, they will provide you with an 800# that you call and it will be removed immediatly. The rep DOES NOT have the ability to remove your phone number on their calling system. I understand your frustration with multiple calls, but please address that issue with the state - they set up the number of times a company can call. Hope this helps!
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   scarboroughblows +1 Votes
I got the same line of BS from them. They have been harassing me for over a month. I am on the national do not call list, apparently it does not matter to them. I have filed complaints with the FTC and the BBB. Screw them, every time they call me I am equally rude.
 18th of Sep, 2010 by   Harassed by Scarborough +1 Votes
Just got off of a lengthy conversation with Scarborough Research. After I asked for a supervisor I was told by the caller that she is in a call center and there are no supervisors there. After arguing over the repeated harassment from them and me repeatedly telling them to stop calling I threatened them with litigation. At this time I got Deanna, a supervisor on the phone. Deanna says all you have to do is tell them you don't want to be called and they'll give you an 800 number to call to remove your number. I advised her after receiving multiple calls and advising them each time this was the first anyone gave this number. Also received an address for the company as 12350 nw 39th st. Coral springs, fl. Called the 800 number and spoke to less than pleasant Linore who says she's a supervisor. Advised her the problem, repeated calls, harassment, lack of knowledge and professionalism of the employees. She said matter resolved and phone number removed. Asked her for address of company which again no one knew. Told her to go outside and check number on building. She claims company she us at is 3111 n university dr. Coral springs, fl. Told her if phone calls do not stop I will be filing charges against company to which she replied "yeah, ok, have a nice day" and hung up.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   goingtogopostal +1 Votes
I keep getting similar phone calls...these people kept calling despite me not answering when I saw it on the caller id. I did however answer the phone last night when the call came in at 9:30PM, which is an ABSOLUTELY unreasonable time to call. I told the woman to take me off the list, which as others have said they can't do and she wanted to know why I wouldn't participate...let's see...maybe because you're calling at 9:30 and waking my kids up!!!
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   Twinkle Toes 0 Votes
I asked for a supervisor and the foreign caller said he was the supervisor and wanted to know if I knew why he was calling. When I informed him that no one was a diabetic in our household, that we were on the DO NOT CALL LIST and that if he continued to call (often 3 times in half an hour) I would contact the Attorney General's office. He kept talking and I hung up. Those were calls with a Florida number, then they switched to "unknown caller", and now South Carolina. What good was the DO NOT CALL LIST if we have to endure calls by people who do not even speak English----afterall this is AMERICA!!!
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   spgilmore +1 Votes
They call me repeatedly during the day and night. They flood my voice mail box with their automated requests for my input on their ratings survey, then they give me a number to call back to take the survey.

When I catch the phone live, I inform them that if I wanted to take their survey that I would have called the number them left 100 times on my voice mail. I must not have wanted to do so, so do not call me back and remove my number from your list. They keep calling.

When I call the number back (a 914 / New York number) to ask them again not to flood my voice mail box, I get another recording. This one asks me to wait for them to call me back another time. But if I want to be removed from the list, I can slowly say my number into the phone. No go. They still call. I would even give in an take their stupid survey if I thought they would stop, but they give me no reason to believe that the calls would end there.

I understand that as long as they're not telemarketers they are not subject to the Do Not Call listings rules etc. But this is still criminal activity in my book. Don't call me after 9. Don't leave me more than one voice mail and do not call if you tell you not to call. *I* could go to jail for such behavior. Why can't they?
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   Robbles +1 Votes
I, too, have gotten numerous calls from this company...always at 7:00 pm, just as I'm sitting down to have dinner. The other night, I answered a call and before I could say "hello, " the caller said "I am not a telemarketer, please do not hang up on me!" I told him I would not hang up on him but that I did not want to take part in any survey when I was just sitting down to dinner. Before I could hang up the phone, he said he would call another time. Several minutes ago (it was AGAIN 7:00 pm), the phone rang and it was them again. I asked to be removed from the call list, said I was preparing dinner and hung up the phone. After reading all the complaints on this site, I have made the decision to just hang up the phone every time I hear the words "Scarborough Research!"

At this point, it's a matter of principle. No one should have to be bullied into doing something they don't want to do, LEAST of all in their own home! I refuse to waste any more of my time calling 800 numbers to be removed from some hypothetical "call list" these jackasses are saying they have no control over!!! It seems that there should be a better way of getting information from the American public than harrassing people that don't want to be bothered. I would certainly think that the first time they called a number and were met with aggravation from the person answering the phone that it would be to their advantage to NOT call that number again! It's almost as if they make the decision to harrass anyone that is uncooperative by continuously calling them.

I am employed in the legal profession and will investigate my rights in an effort to legally stop these people. Until then, I'm hanging up with no further conversation!
 16th of Oct, 2010 by   crazyknarf 0 Votes
If you listen to them in the first place, you would have been compensated for your time.
First survey on the phone. About a week later $5.00 in cash.
Second is the second survey. Week after mailing it or even doing it on-line received $7.00 in the mail.

About a week ago I send the TV diary I just received $50 in Cash!

Is a half hour worth some money to you?

They will NOT ask for your credit card number or any account numbers, (Those are scams) This company is for REAL.

The only thing I do not get, is the money went through regular mail. And they placed cash in the mail? No checks?

So within a month I made an additional $62 thanks to this Survey.

If you see someone asking to take a survey, try it. It can not hurt. Unless they ask for account number or credit card numbers. Then that is the scam.

The company is legit. Most of the times when I was not home, they would just hang up on the answering machine.

I wish I could get more money just doing surveys all day long and get paid to do it in CASH? No paper trail and it is under the table, (TAX FREE!!!)

Not bad for a little bit of work and get paid to watch Television. Just write down on what you are watching on the TV dairy. And what products you use.

I Never had a bad complaint. They are a little bit pushy in the start. That is how they make their money. More people in the survey more money for the company.

So everyone here lost around $62 in total income from this company. Can any one say oops?
 25th of Oct, 2010 by   wmary2k 0 Votes
I only got $2 with my envelope! The survey is 36 pages long and took me over an hour to complete. I am debating whether to even send it in. My time is very precious, and I really don't care what is on TV.
 17th of Nov, 2010 by   babygirl1971 -2 Votes
its amazing how u say scarborough research is rude...rude is when u assume n make an ass out of urself...c what u need to realize is that they r doing their job...they r trying to better serve ur community...and r willing to pay u for ur time...they aren't rude they say hello their name and read lists...how can that b rude...r u mad because ur ignorance is getting in the way of better serving ur community!!!
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   savannah marquez -3 Votes
answer your phones, you get paid for it. simple as that. And it also helps the newspapers, radio, internet and cable companys not go bankrupt by asking about your opinnions to better improver the product!!! :)
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   pdt703 +2 Votes
Got a call at 9:30pm on Friday. Interrupted me while saying good night to the kids. I answered it because I thought it might be something important, and this guy starts launching into his spiel. I told him first of all, this number is on the National Do Not Call Registry, second, it's 9:30pm at night. He smartly replies back "I appreciate you sharing that information, but we are exempt from both of those things because we're doing market research." I asked him for the corporate contact number and told him "Do Not Call Again." This is February 11, 2011, will see if they try again.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   Donbat -2 Votes
you know... I look at all these complaining and just laugh. I work for Scarborough research. I have for over a year.. so I wanted to clear up a few points to you adult children that like to whine, cry, and outright lie.
First.. Scarborough research does not have an office in New York... anywhere... so spgilmore, go lie to someone else about your fake complaints. next, Twinkle Toes, you are on the wrong thread, scarborough research has nothing to do with diabetics and we never ask that question, . nor do they spoof caller id numbers like most scammers do...so please take your complaints to another forum that actually applies. Crazyknarf, you also are lying... no one from scarborough sent you $50.00 for completing the survey, the most we ever pay is $20.00
ptd703, I assure you they will try again unless you called the 800# they provided. because they do not control the dialing... computers do it. If you did not cvall the 800# to be removed from the system then they have no way of removing you themselves.
Now I am going to tell you all why we keep calling back. We keep calling back be cause we care what you think... we call households at random and ask for a random person... the one that had the last birthday that is over 18...If your not that person how do you know if the one we need to speak with is interested? I, Personally, just want your opinions about media...you take 10 minutes out of your day... make a couple of bucks, and we never call you again. Simple as that. Most of you spend more time arguing with us then the time it takes to do the survey.
Also try to remember one thing. we are just people doing a job. We are not the company, we do not set the policies, we do not write the survey... we just have to follow it. We are not affected by the Do-not-call registry, it specifically states telemarketers. We do not have a "list" we can remove you from, you are in the system, a system we do not have access to. We do not call you repeatedly, the computer does, we do not control the dialing. Sometimes we do get a little rude, we are human, consider the fact that we have a tough job and talk to upwards of 300 people a day, most who are extremely abusive and rude, wouldn't you get a little touchy from time to time?
Our job is dealing with people, trying to get their opinions about media, so that their media companies can better understand their customers. We are people doing a job, doing research that will help you and your area. And what do we get in return? We get people like you spitting on us and cursing us and putting us down. We are just trying to do a job. To do that job we need your help, to do that job, we need to talk to people, as many as we can. When you hear us call you. think about a time you needed help, and someone took a few minutes to help you. We not asking for you to do anything hard, or anything dangerous, or anything that will cause you any discomfort. We are just asking you for a few opinions.
Think about that next time we call. And treat your fellow man that is in need, like you would hope to be treated when you are in need.
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   dollymom +2 Votes
@donbat - perhaps your company should consider that the folks you are calling are also tired of dealing with the cares of the day and the last thing we wish to do is deal with surveys and telemarketing (whatever you wish to call yourselves) when we are at the end of the day. Perhaps they could utilize better means of survey-taking, such as email, and solicit those who actually WISH to participate (there are plenty). As for having to call an additional 800 number in order to remove a phone number from the list, that is a load of nonsense. The information is right there on the screen and it is one button click for your agent to remove it from the datatbase. That is how it works. I am sure it is a difficult job, but you also need to consider the people on this end of the phone line, too. My husband just got off the phone with one of your agents. He very politely declined and she refused to drop it. He declined 4 or 5 more times and finally after about 3 minutes of to & fro with her being very aggressive, did he simply hang up. No means no. Some people need to learn it. Thanks.
 5th of Mar, 2011 by   Donbat -2 Votes
@Dollymom - First let me clear up your misconceptions. You say we can just push a button and delete the number. that is untrue. W do not even see the number till the end of the survey. We have work station terminals and no access to the mainframe, the compet does all the dialing and we cannot access that other then to enter the information into the survey screen. The 800 number is for your protection. reason: Say we call you. you get irate and extremely abusive. We, being human, get our feelings hurt. We write down your number on paper and decide to call you bacj later from home to get back at you, or use your number to ssign up for every telemarketer list we can find. To provent that from ever happening we do not see the number till the end of the survey. so as to your claim that is how it works. that is definetly NOT how it works.
Another misconception. Market research is not telemarketing. We are not trying to sell you anything, we are not asking you for any money. We are not asking you do do anything but give us 10 minute of your time. And on top of that we pay you. usually $10. ten dollars for ten minutes. that comes out to 60 dollars an hour. To do nothing but sit on your butt and answer a few questions.
Another Misconception, why not do it by e-mail. One of the things we want to know is who uses the internet. If we only sent it by e-mail we would never get a true picture of the percentage of people that actually use the net. Also many old people 70 and over do not own a computer or use the internet. don't they deserve a chance to offer their opinions as well. And alot of pewople without work now do not have internet. Because they are down on their luck do their opinions not count? That is very narrow minded of you to want to omit these peeople just because they are older then you or not as well off as you are.
Your right, we should consider your day as well. We shouldn't call you and ask you to help your community or help your local businesses. We should just let your community close all it's small stores, shut down all the newspapers and have all the radio and tv stations go off the air. I mean none of those things are important to you right? because that is why we do these things. so those people can stay in business and offer you the products and services you want.
dollymom, what many of you fail to understand is we are doing this to help the economy. We are part of the ssolution to help get this country back on it's feet. And people like you are part of the problem. you sit back on your high morals and thinks the country will just fix itself. sorry ma'am, real life does not work that way. Stores, newspaper, radio stations, cable and satellite company...all these people, NEED for feedback, they NEED to know what you want. so they can better serve you.
Now lets cut to the jist of it. you said your husband has to refuse 4 or 5 times and then hung up. Well, if he had answered the two qualifying questions (takes less then a minute) then he would not have had to do all that, what took him 3 minutes could have been done in 1 minute. Why is that, it is simple, he may not have been the person in your household we needed to speak to. Say we call a household and a man answers, he hates to do surveys. his wife, who is cooking dinner, loves to do them. She may want to do it and she may be who we needed to speak with. You certainly do not think that a man should make all the choices for his wife and she not be allowed to decide for herself do you? Had your husband answered the questions and it was him we needed to speak to and he said no, then the person that called would have said have a nice day and hung up. Yes you would have been called again, But we call multiple times in hopes that the one we need to speak to will help and only said no the first or second time because it was a bad time.
Well, I have spent enough time trying to clear your misconceptions, I am sure you will not agree with me. just like I do not agree with you. You look at me and think I am nothing more then a telemarketer or scam artist, thying to take something from you. And I look at you and think you are nothing more then a terrorist, trying to tear down this country from the inside. I hope it makes you feel good inside to hurt your country.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   telemearly +3 Votes
@donbat I really could care less about you and your company. I have 2 small children that are in bed by 8pm. Don't call me after 8pm. Its not polite.
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   eyeroll +1 Votes
@donbat - you might want to try going back to school and learn how to spell before you leave another novel on here about how your wonderful company is going to save the world by insisting on conducting surveys. NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE THEM! Go bully someone else, loser!
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   Donbat 0 Votes
@Telemearly...If when they call you tell them a good time to call you back, then they will call then. More then likely you have not been reachable at earlier hours.
@ Eyroll...Sorry, I do not respond to preteens like you. when you are over 18 come back and comment and I will answer you.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   eyeroll +1 Votes
@dingbat, or dondork, or whatever. You are dealing with an adult and I have no interest in anything you have to say. You have said enough to show all of us that this research is helpful to only the companies you sleep with. My phone rang at 9:37 the other night and when I picked up and told the person of the time she said, "oh please" and hung up on me. That will never get your company the information it wants to make other companies wealthier. Have fun at your next job of sweeping floors somewhere. Am I going above your head? Should I slow down for you?
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   spendthrift 0 Votes
I was randomly contacted by phone for a survey (kind of a lark, because they called the landline phone, which increasingly more and more people don't even have). I wanted to put my 2 cents on this site, because unlike others, my experience was overall positive. If I didn't have the time then, it may have been annoying or like a telemarketer, as so many of the comments above have said. My call was at 6 or 7pm - but I did have the time (I talked with the woman while I did the dishes and cleaned up), and to be honest I felt bad for them, because nobody usually wants to do these things. After I completed the survey by phone, they asked if I would agree to complete a follow up paper survey if they mailed it. Then they sent me $7 cash! I forgot about the survey for a while, so they sent it to me again, with a letter saying if I did it and returned it right away, they would send me $50. Today I received a letter from them with $50 in cash enclosed. I was shocked, I mostly expected that there wouldn't be anything coming. (sending the cash is a bit strange, but hey). Aside from very detailed demographic information (age, living arrangement, race, income bracket, etc) I was not asked to provide them anything.

Green Card Marriage Fraud