logo

SavingsAce
Norwalk, Connecticut
Phone: 888-593- 5216
savingsace.com
I conducted my bi-monthly credit card statement online. What do I find there but a mysterious charge of $19.95 from www.savingsace.com. Now, I know that I didn't authorize the charge. Frankly, I haven't bought clothes in the last six or seven months. And, I am not a consumer. I live simply. I am not looking for major deals when it comes to shopping. I buy some things online, but not the things listed on www.savingsace.com.

I called the toll free number on my statement, immediately. The first thing that the computerized voice asked for was a membership number. Since, I didn't authorize this charge, I don't know my membership number. But, they are slick. They requested my credit card number. I gave it to them. The computerized voice guided me through the process of canceling. After I canceled, the computerized voice gave me my membership number. I called back to speak to a live person. I spoke with Shauna (I.D. 700070). I informed her that I thought that since this erroneous charge occurred within the last two weeks that it should be reversed. She stated that it will be reversed. So, I suppose that I can't say that I was ripped off. The company did reverse the charges.

It was a waste of my time, however. I think that this case serves as a warning to all that when one signs up for one service (such as MyLife.com), there are other services waiting in the wings to steal all of your information and take money right from under you. It is a form of organized crime. Now, I'm not sure that I trust MyLife.com. It was formerly Reunion.com. I signed up because of an e-mail advertisement that claimed that someone was searching for me. It turned out that someone did in fact look for me. The Gold Membership that I purchased on MyLife.com does not reveal the name of the person 'searching' for me. I feel like a total fool. I'm old as dirt and should have known better, I suppose. But, when my membership led to another charge from another company that I would never be interested in, I became furious.

I have filed this Complaintsboard.com to warn everyone that Reunion.com, now MyLife.com, is a scam outfit designed to relieve you of your money. Who knows what other companies might be affiliated with this company that does not connect anyone with anyone? They prey on people with fond memories of teenage and young adult years who are interested in connecting with old friends. The problem is that they keep stringing the member along with higher levels of membership to get the 'golden egg' of a connection with old friends. In the end, there isn't anyone to connect with. It is all a game that they play to keep the money flowing in.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Apr, 2009 by   barbara bradford +1 Votes
what is this I? I didn't order this
Barbara Bradford
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   Harriet +1 Votes
How do I cancel this membership to SavingsAce? I don't want the $20.00 you offered me for signing up for the 30 day free trial. Just keep it and take my name off your list and don't charge my credit card. I don't like shopping on line, I like to go to the stores and pick out what I like. This shopping on the computer is for very busy people and I'm retired. Cancel my my membership.
Reference ID# is: 230706130
Name of Harriet
I'm mailing a copy of this letter to:
Member SavingsP.O.Box 5152
Des Plaines, IL 60017-5152
 25th of May, 2009 by   allie mcgraw 0 Votes

charge without permission - SavingsAce

my card was debit 19.95...i did not sign up or give a credit card number.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   Martha Williams +1 Votes
I agree completely--I could have written it myself! I did not order it, but there it is on my bank statement-and I cannot get any access to them to cancel. MyLife was so nasty when I called them to see if they could help that I cancelled them. Only difference is that I was not able to get my money returned-
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   MEAGUERO +1 Votes
I AGREE COMPLETELY. ALTHOUGH THEY DID NOTIFY ME AFTER I SIGNED UP FOR MYLIFE.COM. THE E-MAIL STATES THAT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS THEIR AUTHOURIZATION TO CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED TO HAVE THE MEMBERSHIP COSTS CANCELLED. I WAS IMMEDIATELY E-MAILED THE CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION.
THIS HAPPENED ON JUNE 26, 2009. MEA
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   SAVINGACE +1 Votes
I AGRE WITH ALL OF YOU. YOU SEE THEY ALSO TRYED TO GET ME,
BUT I WAS THE ONE WHO OUT SMARTED THEM. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SAVING ACE OR WHO THEY ARE, I'VE ORDERED MYLIFE.COM BUT I GOT THIS SAVING ACE TO. I WAS BILLED $1995
AND I DID DISPUTE IT. HOWEVEVER THEY BILLED ME AGAIN THIS MONTH SO I CALLED THEM AND ASK THEM WHY DID YOU BILL ME AGAIN ON MY CREDIT CARD? THEY LIED AND SAID THAT THEY DID NOT. SO NOW YOU KNOW THEY ALSO LIKE TO PLAY GAMES.

WES
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   SAVINGACE +1 Votes
I'VE ORDERED MYLIFE ON MY CREDIT CARD AND GOT SAVINGACE TO. I NEVER REQUEST FOR A MEMBERSHIP. BUT I WAS BILLED ANY WAY.
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   heather kazek +1 Votes
ok so is there a number to reach saving ace or my life??
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   tvp2009 +1 Votes
This kind of things occur when you order some "free" stuff from the internet, or buy something promotional.
Always read everything when you checking out. Sometimes you don't even need to check the box (it's already done). But if you don't want any strange memberships you have to uncheck it! If you didn't you usually have 2 trial weeks and they would bill you after that. The only thing to avoid it is to pay attention!
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   tracy rowland +1 Votes
I too agree. I was not aware at the time i was signing up for mylife that I would get another charge down the line for 19.95. Savings grace said they would cancel my order which i never agreed to on the first place. They said it would be between 3 to 5 days before I saw my credit of 19.95 back in my account. i am going to cancel mylife as well even if i will be out of 23.88 for that. this sucks how people just rip you off.
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by   marylbob +1 Votes
I did sign up for MY LIFE and used it to get addresses for our 50th reunion. But last month I noticed a $19.95 charge that I thought must be MyLife.com. Of course, now we know it was not that but a bogus savings club, I do not want and did not ask for. The name and address on the account are not mine but the e-mail address and credit card number are. I am now trying to contact them but get an AT&T message box where you need a 10 digit access number to contact someone. I also e-mailed Savings Ace through their website...I had to ask for my "membership" number first by e-mail. I am now sending several e-mails via various channels and alerting my credit card company. I am now considering what to do about MY LIFE.

marylthompson35@aol.com
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   j-wa +1 Votes
I had the same thing happen. I called the number (MVQ*SAVEACE 888-593-5216 CT) on my statement. They asked for my credit card number - very clever. I didn't give it to them, but pressed "0" and waited 10 mins for someone to come on the line. The fact that they offered a full refund, without question, surely suggests they are a scam. They didn't even try to justify the charge. It was a fairly easy transaction, but I'm waiting to see if the refund materializes. Even though they supposedly refunded my money (jury's still out) it was still an aggravating waste of time and energy, not to mention how little Warren Buffet needs my 24.95 to sit in his account (with everyone else's money from this) for two weeks earning interest. Bastards.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   Butthead515 +1 Votes
I used Intelius to check for addresses of 2 ex friends. Went for the $1.95 per search rather than the $.95 special, knowing that I would probably by signed up for something I didn't want. Not only were the addresses inacurate, I was unknowingly signed up for a free 7 day trial membership in Saveace. After the 7 day period it becomes a $24.95 per month charge. Noticed the unauthorized charge on my monthly statement and called the 888-593-5216 no.. When the automated system asks for your membership and cc card no. push "o" and wait for a rep., explain to them that you didn't request a membership and you demand a refund. Mine was credited within 36hrs. over the weekend. Sent an e-mail to Intelius camplaining about their buisiness practice. recieved a response 4 days later stating that my account shows that a 2nd authorization was made. Called Intelius to verify, was told that after you make the payment, an "advertisement" for Saveace appears, and that "all you have to do is be able to read", and push the "no" button. Bastards is being too kind, more like slimy, scumbag SOBs. CHECK YOUR BANK STATEMENTS CAREFULLY AFTER USING AN ONLINE PEOPLE SEARCH SITE!
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Connis Hall 0 Votes
totally agree!!! They charged 19.95 per month for something I never ordered. I agreed to $8.95 for my life reunion and got charged this for not 1 person who looked for me. What a rip-off. I called and they said they would refund the money within 2-3 days we will see. Buyer beware on this one.
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   Ron Fuld +1 Votes
They got me for $19.95 X 2. They even sent me an e-mail stating that they were sorry for the inconvenience and would crdit all the money back to my account. That was a good joke. Strangely enough as a rule I wasn't checking my Bank of America credit card statement since I really wasn't using it and just naturally thought there would be a zero balance on it. I guess those of you who share this experience can imagine what went through my mind when I realized that I was ripped off. Strangely, I never sign up for anything on the internet and am still puzzled as to where they got my info from.
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   marylbob +1 Votes
I did manage to contact Save Ace via the 1-888 phone # and was given a few hoops to jump through but with persistence, I got to speak to an "authorized" person who cheerfully apologized. A bit of good cop/bad cop between the rep and the "manager." My account was soon credited but I did find out it came about from joining Classmates.com. Somehow I pressed a button that authorized the purchase and they got the credit card # from my entry on Classmates.com. I think we should pressure Classmates.com to stop linking to SAVEACE. I have learned my lesson.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   FAT CMZ +1 Votes
Watch out if you use INTELIUS. I ordered a background check on a phone number that was threatening me. I always double check to see if they are trying to give me an extra charge for something. They definitely had to take my information from them.
 11th of May, 2010 by   knight559 +1 Votes
Follow the prompts on the phone menu and enter either the last 4 digits of your SS# or your acct # to access a live person.
Because I was not diligent and had college kids in 2 different locations around the state and thought the charges were their's; I neglected to questions the recurring charges. This past week with one now home, I found that the charges were not their's and that somehow I had authorized the charging last Feb 18, 2009. Using hints from this website, I was able to contact someone at Save Ace. The first person on May 8 Mimi said without hestitation, she could refund the past 2 months within 2 business days and it would show up on my statement within 3-5 days. She then transfer me to her supervisor Gloria who readily looked up my acct and said without hesitation again would refund all the charges back to and including Feb 2009 and they would be done within 2 business days and show up on my acct within 3-5 days.
On May 10, my credit acct showed a individual credit for all 15 charges totaling $ 308.25 for a hppy ending. I have since then canceled my membership on the Reunion.com site( now know as MyLife)which I believe is the source of my problem.
Good luck to all
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   kay b 0 Votes
Rec'd call today offering $25.00 gift card from Wal-mart and $200.00 Gas card for $1.99 shipping fee. All I had to do was provide Savingsace w/my CrCrd #.

So GLAD I decided to check out the complaint board first.

K
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   Bornatnite-butnotlastnite +1 Votes
I too was "SCAMMED", and it was by mylife.com.I received a notice like everyone else saying 2 ppl were looking for me..I took out the 1 month "FREE" membership (which I believe cost 9.95 and started noticing 19, 95 charges on my statement for 4 months.Thought it was something my son was doing and when I called the bank and got there number I realized that I had not authorized savingace to withdraw money on my debit card nor was I a customer!I am furious and think that they should be dealt with by the consumer protection or faud under the law.If they have done this too all of us whom have wrote on this board, just imagine ALL the folks they have taken money from that doesn't realize whats going on???

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide