logo

Savings to Go

Posted:    Mad at Savings2Go

Savings to Go

StoneBridge Insurance
My Dad got a call today from StoneBridge Insurance thanking him for two years and offering full term life insurance at no additional cost. My Dad does not have insurance with this company. She said she knew nothing about my Dad's account with them but gave me a number to call to get more information, it could be if he had a J.C.Penny account, because they get alot of their costomers from there. We called the next number and spoke to a man who told us Dad had a Savings to Go account, but he could not tell me anything about Dad's account other than he has had it since 1/2007 and they have been billing his since March 2007, but he could give us a number to call to get more information. The first time I called 1/800-448-0166 we were told Dad got this account because he made a on-line purchase of Vytalis. I checked wit hDad and he has not made any on-line purchases by himself ever, so this could not be it. The first man I talked to hung up on me. I spoke with 4 male customer service reps. and one supervisor on this day, I know one was Alex and one was Alan and the supervisor was Juan (839149). I am just going to call them 1, 2, 3 and 4. So number one hung up on me when I wanted to know what account of Dad's was being billed. Number 2 gave me the address and phone number for StoneBridge Life. 2700 StoneBridge Life, 2700 W. Plano Parkway, Plan, Texas 75075 and the number 1/800-527-9027. When you call 1/800-527-9027 you are directed to anothe number for Directory assistance for Neveda. No person for StoneBridge Life. I asked telephone rep. number 2 to please cancel the Savings-to-Go account and refund my Dad's money. I was going to call StoneBridge Life to find out what account they were billing the fees to. Since I could not get a person from StoneBridge on the phone I called 1/800-448-0166 back. When I got Telephone Rep. Number 3 I asked for a supervisor. I finally got a supervisor and be this time my Dad is tired of coming to the phone to tell them to answer my questions so I try to explain to Juan thaa we do not have a statement or a customer number or anything that has or shows where the fees are being charged to. So the supervisor tells me to send a letter to Savings to Go at Savings to Go Customr Service Department at 2700 W. Plano Parkway, Plano, Texas 75075 and he could give me a fax numbr (972/881-4527) but not a number to talk to a person. I said that this was interesting becasue this was the same address Rep. 2 gave me for StoneBridge Insurance and could h tell me what account of Dad's was being charged. He tol me they do not have this type of information and I would have to make an inquiry to accounting to get this information. He did not have a number for account, just the same address. It took almost 2 hours and 6 people to find out someone is charging my Dad for a service he did not sign-up for and the only way to get any more information is to send a letter to an address that might be StoneBridge Insurance or it might be Savings to Go.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Mar, 2009 by   Kita J +1 Votes
I got charged for a savings2go account that I never authorized either. If you have not received a refund yet, call 800-448-0166. It nearly takes an act of congress to get someone on the line, but I finally did and they will only refund the most recent $14.95 posted to your account. Fortunately, I was able to see this charge on my online banking site and get this stopped before it costed me. I hope this helps.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   AlexnJR +1 Votes
This just happened to me too because I bought the stupid wonder hanger. THey charged me 14.95 for this and 14.95 for leisure plus.
 19th of Apr, 2009 by   Jerry +1 Votes
Why cant someone put these people in jail, It is called theft by taking, theft by diversion, it is simple a pain in the rear, seems that everyone has been hit by them. Oh I get it they dont mind giving your money back, see here is how it works, they get yours and several thousand and that $14.95 adds up, they invest it, draw the intrest, once in a while pay #14.95 back, hit more. I hate a thief
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   victimofplanplus +1 Votes
I too have been ripped off by plan plus and savings to go. I noticed two unauthorized charges on my account. Called the number where they claimed I authorized the services when ordering right size smoothies from a company affiliated with them. However suffered NSF charges to my account as a result for the unauthorized charges. They paid back the charges but have not refunded the NSF charges that were accrued to my account as a result of their scam. I've been faxing document after document. Just to be told there is a three week processing period. Now three weeks later no refund. I took an hour out of a busy work day just to talk to Joe who refused to put a supervisor on the line until he realized I would not hang up until one got on the phone. They claim to have my situation resolved in the next 48 hours. We will see. I am not one to sit and let thieves get away with stealing anything no matter how small. I will be contacting the BBB as well as my bank and report them as thieves.
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   dickcocks +1 Votes
They told me that I'd be charged only upon my receipt of a $100 gift card and my calling to confirm. I was told I'd receive the gift card within 5 business days. Now, nearly a month later, I received a form that I must fill out to get the gift card, and a notice that says I'm about to be billed for using their service for 30 days. I still haven't called, and it's looking as though I'll be charged anyway. SCREW THIS COMPANY!
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   FoolMeOnce2012 0 Votes
I never received the "gift card" it was 4 vouchers for $25 that I would receive monthly for 4 months. You can read "the fine print" below:

"I have already received my Preferred Readers Service package and understand that Preferred Readers Service will send me the gift upon receipt of this completed form. The gift is being sent to me because I recently agreed to a 20-day trial registration with Preferred Readers Service and is mine to keep whether or not I choose to continue my participation beyond my trial period. I understand that if I do not cancel my registration within 20 days after I placed my Preferred Readers Service order, the regular monthly registration fee will be charged automatically each month to my credit card or checking account, whichever method I designated at sign up, until I notify Preferred Readers Service of my intent to cancel. At that time, my billing and benefits will simply cease with the next cycle. NOTE: We cannot process your request without your ID number. Please be sure to include your ID number from your card on the line above. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Some gifts not available in all areas, Preferred Readers Services reserves the right to substitute a gift of equal or lesser value if your gift is unavailable. Void where not registered or prohibited by law. Limit one free gift per household."

It's a marketing scam, which puts us into a position of getting between a rock and a hard place. It's not the marketer's fault and it's not the companies fault... so I guess it's just our fault for believing that they are all honest business people. So, knowing that there are a lot of fools out there, I started to call all these companies back to discontinue these memberships that I was fooled into believing was just a "feed back" program. I was cut off in the middle of one of all the programs I was signing up for that they told me I wasn't really signing up for. So I have successfully cancelled 3 of them and just got off with FREESHIPPING.com and the lady was so kind to help me be absolutely sure that I was not a member and she could not find my card on file. WOOHOO!
So here are the numbers I called:
Leisure Plus & Savings to Go: 888-527-2589, 888-272-5027, 800-448-0166
(apparently savings to go and leisure plus are two different products offered by the same company or something like that...be sure when you cancel you cancel for both. there are honest people who work there that volunteer to cancel you out of both and some who will be offended that you even called!)
Preferred Reader Service: 888-645-2558
FreeShipping.com: 800-869-5597

So I'm out $1.95, which is almost the price of one of my favorite loaves of bread. So sad I was suckered into this, but grateful that I was able to cancel them before they billed me. (I HOPE!) I really don't trust them at all at this point! I have one more company to contact then I think I'll be done.

Remember when you call to be kind. You will accomplish more and faster. One lady, miss Sheila from Leisure Plus really was offended that I was not interested in what she had to offer. She cancelled me, but I called back to cancel SavingsToGo and realized they were the same co. and the other lady was kind and explained what I was cancelled from and offered her name and employee ID. She even offered to report ms. Sheila. :)
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   FoolMeOnce2012 0 Votes
PS. BR Marketing charged me the $1.95 and can be contacted at 877-330-4449 they are on the east coast and close at 5pm
 29th of Aug, 2012 by   UNKNOWN617 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS A GIANT SCAM! I CANCELLED THEIR SERVICE 3 DAYS AFTER OPENING MY ACCOUNT WITH SAVINGS TO GO AND THEY CONTINUED TO CHARGE MY CARD FOR 6 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS, I CALLED THEM UP TODAY AND TOLD THEM THAT I CANCELLED THEM AND ALSO TOLD THEM EVERY DATE THEY MADE AND UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION FROM MY ACCOUNT AND THE GRAND TOTAL. TOLD THEM THAT IF THEY DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT IN 72 HOURS I WILL NOTIFY MY BANK AND THEY WILL ALSO BE HEARING FROM MY ATTORNEY, GUESS WHAT, THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY BACK TO MY ACCOUNT AND I CALLED BACK AND TOLD THE WOMAN "GIVE ME A SUPERVISOR IMMEDIATELY!" SHE TRIES TO HELP ME HERSELF SO I TAKE HER EMPLOYEE ID # DOWN AND TELL HER "I WANT A SUPERVISOR NOW!" SHE PUTS ONE THROUGH, AS SOON AS I GET HER EMPLOYEE ID # I TELL HER I BETTER SEE THE MONEY CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT OR THE COMPANY WILL BE SUFFERING A HEFTY LAWSUIT BECAUSE I LOVE TO SUE! SHE ABSOLUTELY ASSURES ME THE MONEY WILL BE POSTED ON TUESDAY SO I TELL HER IF I DONT SEE IT POSTED BE PREPARED TO HEAR FROM MY ATTORNEY, SHE SAYS OH, NO NEED FOR THAT I PROMISE YOU IT WILL DEFINITLY BE THERE. SO IF YOU ENCOUNTER THESE PEOPLE DO YOUR HOMEWORK, KNOW THAT THEY ARE STONEBRIDGE LIFE INSURANCE, SAVINGS TO GO, AMERICA SAVINGS, AND ETC... AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON HOW MUCH AND WHEN THEY TOOK IT AND NEVER FOLD INTO THAT GIMIC OF "YOU AUTHORIZED" BULLSHIT SO BE FIRM AND TO THE POINT AND YOULL GET YOUR MONEY BACK BECAUSE THEY JUST WANT TO SHUT YOU UP!
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   unknown15 0 Votes
I ordered a small paint machine on the telephone for my dad that he had saw on the T.V. I agreed to $19.90 shipping and handling. When i check my bank account online I saw the $19.90 withdrawn which is correct. The following day i see $8.00 savings togo withdrawn...wth. I immediately call them and ask them how they got my account info and she said that my info was transfered to them by the paint machine company. The representive was kinda stalling to pass me to her supervisor but i demanded them to put the $8.00 back into my account or else they will be hearing from my lawyer. She then said to give it 72 hours and it will kick back in...well ill let yall know how it went
 13th of May, 2014 by   say102693 0 Votes
Honestly I work for stone bridge benefit services. There are some nice people and rude people and I promise you that anytime you want to cancel out you can cancel out. Just listen to what we have to say and that's it. Just say no in a nice way. Us agents are trained to review the benefits of the membership before canceling you out. I mean of course I'd be mad too about money missing from my account while I have 2 small boys but a lot of times when someone is being billed $14.95 or $9.95 or what ever the amount every month for 6 years you know they don't check their bank statement or online statement everyday or month. I mean just please be nice that's all we ask. Don't curse us or anything like that we are there to help that's why there are live customer service reps there for you and explain things and also to clarify about how long it takes your information to be in our system is 7-10 business days and of course technology has its flaws and we won't be able to find anything under your name but agents has to go by guidelines and procedures and policies.

You Survived Tsa Now Welcome to Baggage Claim Hell