logo

UNAUTHORIZED BILLING

SAVEACE
Phone: 1(888)593-5216
SAVEACE.COM
I HAVE NEVER HEARD OR AUTHORIZED THIS FAKE/FRAUDULENT COMPANY TO TOUCH, TAKE NOR GO INTO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT.THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS AND UNACCEPTABLE.I WILL COME AFTER WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE IN A LEGAL MANNER.IF I DO NOT RECEIVE ALL OF THE MONEY THAT WAS STOLEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT.I WILL NOT LET THIS GO, UNTIL SOMEONE PAYS FOR THEIR CRIME.THIS KEEPS HAPPENING TO INNOCENT PEOPLE AND IT IS A SHAME!!!
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jul, 2009 by   macbeth_jane 0 Votes
saveace sent me a bill of 19.95 today july 11 2009. i have never knowingly register for any service with them.
they claim to have gotten my info from mylife.com. i hope i will recieve no more bills from all this fraudsters.

My life.com is connected to SAVEACE and also known as reunion.com. I've being recieving numerous payment on my debit card. I believe they distribute your account number to all this fraudulent company which then start making unauthorised billing.

I recieved two times billing of 4.95. i called my life and was told it was a non-refundable fee for accessing mylife.com members contacts. This was after i paid a $60 dollar one year subscription fee in june 2009 for that same purpose.

I was then billed 19.95 today july 11 2009 from saveace. Which i have no clue who they are. I called mylife.com on 18887041900 asking them if they knew something about the billing because i know for a fact that i never used the card for any online billing accept for mylife.com bill. mylife.com denied giving savingace my acct information but accepted giving them my email address. I called savingAce on 1888 593 5216 giving them the account info i used to sign up for mylife.com and i spoke to a representative who told me that mylife.com gave them all my log on details including my credit card number.

which draws a conclusion that mylife.com sells your private information to other fraudulent websites
 19th of Jul, 2009 by   claude l merritt 0 Votes
saveace charged 14.95 unauthorized to my citibank
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   chris3ds 0 Votes
i was charged $29.90 on my credit by this company I have never heard of! they have just cost me my job!!! I needed the money on my card to purchase car insurance for my new job (i have been out of work since january!) the supervisor at SAVEACE kept apologizing to me & said that she could not even fax a document stating the money will be refunded to my bank for them to felease the funds! I do not no of a company in business today that does not have the ability to send any confirmation be email or fax which os what the supervisor at SAVEACE told me. So in closing watch you cards, never sign up for mylife or reunion.com & report them as you as you see anything suspicious! Good Luck to all & God Bless!
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   Albert Ayala 0 Votes
I just noticed an unauthorized charge of $24.95 on my cc online statement from a company called Saveace from which I have never heard off. I did some research and found out that they are linked to mylife.com who sells saveace you private financial information. Please beware and file your complaint. Saveace has no website to purchase from.
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   Joni K Cason 0 Votes
I had an unauthorized billing come out of my debit card for this company saveace and I dont even know what it is The only other thing I used was Intelius to find my x husbands new address. Intellius also billed me 24.95 and it was only supposed to be .75 for a one time use they refuse to refund my money.
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   brianneb865222 0 Votes
ordered relative search people finder .com got unreliable info for relative and 2495 bill from saver ace unauthorized by me. credit card company says cannot dispute third party billing.
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   BobbyT 0 Votes
This was the same thing that happened to me, three charges 24.95 from Saveace, Privacym and homesvill. All unauthorized charges. Holiday today so reported to bank and closed my account.
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   smacks 0 Votes
How do i get in contact with this saveace 87 does anyone know?
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   Jenniferr 0 Votes
I was unknowingly charged 24.95 for something called saveace!!! I have never heard of this before and I absolutely did not authorize this charge!!! I am very tight with my money and I know I didnt give my information for this charge! I demand a refund on this immediately!!! I am well aware of how I use my card and I monitor my accounts daily!
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   Su1 0 Votes
I know what you mean. I was charged for something the same amount for a 'Grant Program' I never ordered.
I turned out that a company had sold my banking information to a third party...I had to close the one account and open a new one. When I tried to get a refund all I got was the run around...DO NOT ORDER 'ADS BY GOOGLE'! They WILL sell your bank info to third parties and if they are doing it so are others.
Su1
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   P.Cross 0 Votes
Had 2 payments taken out without permission.It's a good thing I check my bank transactions on a regular basis.I got a refund, but it took me having to use a tone that I didn't like using!
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   harleys mom 0 Votes
WELL FOLKS I HAVE GOTTEN AN ADDRESSS FOR "SAVEACE" AND FOUND OUT BY NOT GIVING THEM MY NAME AND OR ADDRESS AND CREDIT CARD #. I ONLY GAVE THE CUSTOMER # THAT WAS ON MY CREDIT CARD BILL ALONG SIDE OF THEIR TELEPHONE #, THAT INFACT I WAS NOT THE PERSON WHO PLACED THE ORDER WITH THEM.
SO LOOK AT YOUR STATEMENTS AND CALL THEM I ALSO HAVE ATTACHED AN ADDRESS- GOOD LUCK IN GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK FROM THEM - I IN FACT WILL! AND THEY CLAIM TO BE PROCESSING IT . I HAVE ATTACHED IT IN CASE IT CAN HELP EVEN ONE PERSON .
THEY WILL BE SENDING DOCUMENTATION INCLUDING NAMES AND NUMBERS SO I CAN PROSECUTE
TELE# 1-888-593-5216
SAVEACE
PO BOX 5152
DES PLAINES ILL. 60017

GOOD LUCK TO ALL HOPE THIS INFO HELPS YOU
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   JP Shaffer 0 Votes
Some one billed me 14.95 twice for a service or payment I have no idea what it is for. I would like to know what this is about and an answer!

100 Conecticut Ave. Norwalk CT 06850 phone: (203) 956 8789 or 888 593 5216

2) The website of fraud: www.savingsace-program.com (this a "program" sponsored by: www.adaptivemarketing.com)

3rd of Oct, 2009 by   saveace ripoff 0 Votes
I too was ripped off to the tune of 3 charges of $19.95. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this now. Never heard of these people. I never buy discount services which is what they said it was. They couldn't give me any information. I had no account # to give them. They couldn't even describe the service they were charging me for. They told me to make a print of the my bank transaction and either fax or mail it to them. I bet that will do alot of good. Ya right! janice from Weymouth, Ma.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   56 Cheryl 0 Votes
An unauthorized $24.95 was charged to my credit card on both 09/04/09 and on 10/05/09. Please credit my charge card for these amounts and discontinue making unauthorized charges!!!
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   Resveratrol_NOT 0 Votes
The BEST way to fight this scam is to be PROACTIVE!! Here is the scenario:

If you have a PayPal account (or any other type of account like PayPal) look for their product/service called a "SINGLE USE SECURE CREDIT CARD" (you may have to download and install the PayPal plug-in for your browser).

If they have one (as PayPal does) when ordering the free trial USE THIS SECURE SINGLE USE CREDIT CARD!!! It will not be attached or be identified to your bank/charge card accounts and will prevent unauthorized charges to your account!!! * (see below) Don't forget to save your receipt for the transaction...

You will be able to obtain the free trial, and not have to cancel the account as the Credit Card will be dead *. (see below) Or in my case, fail to cancel the subscription BEFORE the 19 day trial period for a 30 day trial of the product! * (see below) Which is how they "get you", assuming that they will bill you for the next round of product(s) BEFORE you see the credit card/bank statement!!!

* NOTICE: PayPal SECURE SINGLE USE CREDIT CARDS can be processed by a merchant more than one time!!! I found this out the hard way.

It seems that a "single use" card can be "hit" up to FOUR times by the same merchant for things like multiple ship orders, or SUBSCRIPTIONS!!!

Since the free trial is considered a subscription, the merchant was able to "hit" the card again 19 days after the first charge of 99 cents (for the free trial offer).

THE WAY AROUND THIS is to log on to your PayPal account and CLOSE the SECURE SINGLE USE CREDIT CARD as soon as it has been charged the first time for the 99 cents!!! (On PayPal, just click on the menu item on the right side of the page that says "PayPal Plugin", then there will be new menus on the left side that will enable you to view secure cards and close any open ones)

Since the card was a "single use" card, you have done nothing illegal or wrong by closing this card. You have not violated any terms of agreements or any other convoluted "fine print" that the scammer has made you agree to in the free trial offer.

I assume other bank/credit card companies may have similar types of secure single use credit cards, just check out if they can be processed more than once by a merchant. Then see how to close them as soon as the first charge for the free trial comes in.

Good Luck, and if we do this right, we can put these scammers out of business, because they won't be able to exist selling their product for 99 cents and wasting time trying to collect from dead credit cards.

Pass this info around, the more who know how to defeat these opportunistic bastards, the better!!!
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   Dr_Zuess 0 Votes
I was scammed!!
SaveAce (a.k.a SavingsAce.com). I found two monthly charges for $24.95 on my credit card. They were listed on the statement as "Saveace" followed by nine-digit number. It appears as follows:
"SAVEACE ######### 888-593-5216 CT"

Note: the nine-digit number is your "account number" that you'll need when you call to cancel and request refunds. My account number has been replaced with nine #'s above.

First:
You are protected by federal law and should immediately dispute the charge(s) on your credit card by contacting the bank directly. Follow the BANKS instructions and believe nothing that SaveAce says. If they were an honest and reputable company, you wouldn't be reading about them here. The Bank will recover your refund for you.

Second:
Call and request your cancellation and full refund of all charges. Document the names and ID numbers of who you speak with.
I spoke with "Kira ID70000"4 and her supervisor, "Latoya ID5152".

Third:
Contact your state's consumer affairs department and file a complaint. In Virginia, I filed a complaint with the State Corporation Commission (SCC).

Fourth:
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (online)

I will digress...
Q: How did these dirt bags get my credit card information and start billing my credit card? This company is designed to take money and provide nothing in return and then put the responsibility on the consumer.

A: It appears that while I was requesting a cell phone reverse lookup on anywho.com (through a paid service provided by Intelius.com). Somewhere in the fine print or in a hidden check box somewhere on the order form triggered the charges and started an account with ValueMax.com and SavingsAce.com.

I immediately called and canceled the undesired ValueMax account when I received their email. The kicker is that I did NOT receive any notification from SaveAce and didn't know about them until they showed up on the credit card statement. Reminder: To date I have received no information from SaveAce to explain how to use the "service".

I Strongly Suggest...
ValueMax & SaveAve are the SAME company. If you call to cancel ONE account YOU MUST ask them to cancel any and ALL accounts (ValueMax, SaveAce, etc.) or they will only cancel the one YOU mention.

Very f#@*ing devious with deliberate intent to defraud the consumer. Another example of a company wanting your money for nothing in return.

I would suggest that you file the complaints and then boycott them and the companies that they affiliate with online.

Please leave comments and complaints on as many internet sites as possible to help others avoid these scum bags.

How to Save on Health Insurance