logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
samtogshop.com
Rude seller and I got wrong order from them
2. (12 mins ago)
kievapts.com
Bad apartment and better don’t deal with them
3. (1 hr 9 mins ago)
Concept vacation club
misleading advertising and no discount at all
4. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
Change of Customer Name

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Santander Consumer USA, Dallas, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Fraud, id theft, bank info stolen!

Santander Consumer USA Contacts & Informations

Santander Consumer USA

Posted:    CantBelieveItsHappend2Me

Fraud, id theft, bank info stolen!

Santander Consumer USA
1010 W Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, Texas
Phone: 888-222-4227
santanderconsumerusa.com
An employee of Santander has stolen my bank routing number and account number when mailed to their Po box at: P.O Box 660633 Dallas, TX 75266-0633.

I have only made 2 payments to them via check since they took over the servicing of HSBC Auto and my info has been compromised.

This person has made their own checks with my routing number and account number but the name Brittney Dotie and a Duncanville TX address, and has cashed one for $465 at Old Navy in Plano TX, and then a smaller one at Krogers in Fort Worth Texas, then she also went to Burlington Coat Factory in Dallas TX for $355.

If anybody else has had their identity stolen by "Brittney Dotie" email me back please, and we can make sure this person is stopped.

I have pictures and there is a surveillance video.

I am thinking about getting a lawyer or something but not sure exactly how far to take this. If anybody has any advice I'd love to hear it. Thank you.

Todd
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jun, 2010 by   CantBelieveItsHappend2Me 0 Votes
I reported to the police and the FBI but because the amount was not thousands of dollars in my particular case, they are not doing anything about it, just relying on my bank to return my money and the person who is committing this theft is going to continue to work for Santander and likely collect other peoples info as well. This is crazy seems how they now just took over CITI's auto porfolio. Crazy.
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   Justshakingmyhead 0 Votes
I think the same may have happen to me. I gave my checking account information to a rep over the phone on 6/22 and by 6/29 I had a $32.50 insufficient funds fee post to my account. I called my credit union to find out why, and was told that it was because someone had tried to get approval to write a $890 check at Walmart.

I just found out today that this was done in Texas, the same location as the rep who told my information is located.

Thankfully my credit union denied the check at Walmart, but they still want me to file a police report, and I want to as well. I will be contacting Telecheck, the company who declined the check to get a copy of the check.
This person made checks in my case as well.

This is just unbelievable! Santander make if difficult enough to pay, but now I have to be concerned about identity theft! I just financed my car through Santander. In fact the payment I made on 6/22 was my very first payment. I was concerned to begin with, because I had read so many complaints online about Santander practices, but never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that they would have people capable this working for them.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   CantBelieveItsHappend2Me 0 Votes
If anybody else has this issue, please send me a message or post here. Thank you.
 16th of Jul, 2010 by   NVAMan 0 Votes
Santander bank never sent a bill and repossesed my car. Terrible bank!
Sick of Santander and their terrible practices.
NVAMan
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   QuinC 0 Votes
I am so glad I found this. I havent experienced this yet but since yall mentioned it I will be sending in money orders and not giving them any information over the phone. If you are 5 days late they will start harrasing you for your bank information. Also when Isigned up for automatic withdrawls, they have the form on the back of the return recipt, they never did it. When i called them about it. They say i need to fax it and not put it on that for, thenwhy have it there?
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   hatethiscompany 0 Votes
OMG, I am dealing with all the same issues everyone else is and these people are idiots! Noone seems to know a damn thing about what they are talking about and everytime I talk to someone, it is a different story. I too have had both of my checking accounts compromised. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one out there having these issues. I too plan on joining in on the class action lawsuit. These people have no right being in business and treating consumers the way they do!
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   CantBelieveItsHappend2Me 0 Votes
Does anybody else have any proof that their identity was taken?
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   debdeb56 0 Votes
I am also filing a complaint against Santander. i write down the payoff amount DAILY and it changes EVERY SINGLE TIME. it goes up most of the time, sometimes it goes down. They took over from Triad, and its just ridiculous.
 30th of May, 2011 by   usmcbrat 0 Votes
I say lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit!!!.. My husband is Military and while deployed he was with Hsbc for one vehicle and the other with Citi Fin. During his deployment he usually does what they call a split pay where he get's a certain amount sent to him and the rest goes to me. That way I don't have to spend extra money to western union cash to him. Anyway, Disbursing got his check confused and was sending me the 50.00 split pay that he was supposed to get and he was getting the rest and having to mail it home to me. At that time I called both HSBC and CITI FIN. and they did a two month deferment on both and then because because HSBC recognized the fact that he was military asked if we would like to adjust his payments for our vehicle. I thought wow how nice lol... So they close to cut his payment in half and sent us new a new contract. It was our understanding that they were pretty much refying our vehicle loan. So then I thought now if they would do that wonder if Citi Fin. would? Yes they would and they did. It was making life so much easier on me especially with the hubby gone. He was set to be deployed for a full year so when he returned a year later I had just gotten the letter that a new company had taken over our loan. Then a few months later we got a letter that they took over for Citi Fin too. Unfortunately our accounts for both vehicles are currently with "SUCKTANDER" as my husband refers to them. Yet at the bottom of the letters it indicated that umm were were like past due thousands of dollars! I couldn't figure out why we make a payment every month and on time. Next thing I know tons of harrassment and threats of reposession! So I finally talked to someone I could understand while on the the phone with them. they explained that we were past due because our contracts with HSBC and CITI Fin.. were no longer acceptable. I said how do you figure. They sold the original contracts to SUCKTANDER! I said that shouldn't make a difference the accounts are still the same! They said no we don't honor the modifications and that made you behind the difference on both vehicles for the past year and then some! I said are you kidding me? They said nope and if you don't bring both vehicles current by the 15th of August 2010 we will start the reposession process. I thought wow REALLY??? Well Guess what? That conversation was on the 12th of August! My car reposessed on the 13th! So we brought it current per the account manager and were able to get the car out of the impound yard. I was told that the tow company fee's would be moved to the end of my contract but they aren't they are floating month to month looming over every payment I make and of course those fee's weren't cheap and now threats of repo because I make a payment but now my tow fees are behind and that according to the crappy customer service rep it is apparently plenty of reason to reposess! Let's not forget the time I made a payment over the phone and they were more than happy to take that check over the phone since they don't take cards over the phone! lol.. low budget! Anyway, to make matters worse I only authorized them to take that one single payment and they took 3! I called and was like you know how am I supposed to feed my family if you are going to steal from me? They said well, we thouht based on the past reposession and when we called to verify funds that since you had it we'd just take a couple extra payments. Funny those extra payments have never showed up on either of my accounts... Yet, I still owe! I think a lawsuit of any kind or one due to the harrassment and continual discrepencies and misinformation and along with the check info being stolen! I too have had my checks compromised! Good luck everyone SUCKTANDER isn't worried about those valued cutomers they claim to be. They are money hungry and want all they can get there hands on. No matter who it's going to benefit!
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   BrandiB 0 Votes
Here's one for you:
My husband passed away 2 years ago. I've been making payments ever since. The loan was in his name only, the registration in both names. I fell behind, car got repo'd. Well, I have the money to pay to get it out, have since it got yanked, and they won't return the car to me since I'm not on the loan and they want an executor of estate document. There is no document, he had no will, no estate really, and everything came to me. I even offered to pay the loan off completely, and they still won't return it. The car is worth at least twice what I owe on it at auction, so guess what, 3 days after it got repo'd, even though they told me I had 15 days to get it back, it's at auction. I'm currently trying to get with the State Attorney General's office to see about getting them hit with fraud. I've talked to a couple lawyers, and they've told me that by them accepting my payments for the last 2 years, they've accepted me as the loan holder. The account I was paying from is in my name only, so they can't even say they thought he was paying it. They knew when he passed, and told me to continue to make payments so I can get the title transferred to my name once it's paid off. They even have the death cert and everything.
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   J.Foxworthy719 0 Votes
My girlfriends identity was stolen after making a payment to Santander. The ONLY time she gives out or has given out her card information was to make this payment. Next thing she knew her account was in the negative and $550 was missing from her account. The charges made were to the Philippines and Thailand...one website they used was called Ensogo.com.ph they're version of living social site. If anyone is filing a class action lawsuit we would definitely like to jump on board. Please contact us.
 23rd of Mar, 2013 by   Alan M Dransfield 0 Votes
Santander employee stole £4800 from my account this week, have reported it to my Local Police Commissioner in Devon UK but doubt if he will do anything because he suffers from Lazyitus.
Have closed down my account with immediate effect because of lack of trust. Contacted the CEO Patricia Ana Botin but no response.
The fact I have closed down my account with Santander will prevent me from making a formal complaint to the FSA or the Santander Bank Board of Governers but I am stuck between a Rock & Hardplace.
Santander ARE obviously ABOVE the Law and its not until you read blogs like this that we realise how widespread this is.No wonder these Bankers pay themselves millions in Bonus because they are untouchable and they don't give a damn for their Customers.
Bank Customers in Cypress are lucky because they are losing only 10% of their funds. I LOST ALL MINE.
In actual fact, I didn't lose it, it was stolen
 23rd of Mar, 2013 by   Alan M Dransfield 0 Votes
I am looking for supporters of my Campaign to save the UK FOI Act 2000, which is under attack by dark forces in the UK.Hence please take the 60 seconds to signup this campaign at the following link.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Banks were under the FOIA 2000 remit??!!
many thanks in anticipation