logo

Kavishtechnosoft
phone scam
3. (18 mins ago)
Kenmore Canister Vacuum
New Vacuum is horrible !!
4. (34 mins ago)
It is fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Santander Consumer USA, Atlanta, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - Double billed - no refund so far

Santander Consumer USA Contacts & Informations

Santander Consumer USA

Posted:    Cole H

Double billed - no refund so far

Santander Consumer USA
Atlanta, Georgia
Santander Consumer USA recently took over loans/payments for CitiFinancial Auto who my original loan was through. Upon being notified by CitiFinancial about this change, I contacted Santander Consumer USA to get some more information. Specifically I asked them if my current payment arrangements with CitiFinancial would remain in place. That is, the automatic monthly draft that I had setup with CitiFinancial. The representative from Santander told me that no, the payments would not automatically carry over to them and that I needed to setup a one time payment for September and then schedule future auto drafts through the Santander website. When the time came for my payment to be made, I discovered that my previous payment arrangement with CitiFinancial was still in tact and had been transferred to Santander. So, Santander auto drafted my bank account (they said they wouldn't, which is why I needed to schedule a one time payment). So basically I have been charged twice. That's just shy of $400 missing from my checking account that they had no business taking out. Money that I need for things like gas and groceries. When I originally called, I was told that I needed to fax them a copy of my bank statement to "prove that I was overcharged'. First of all, why the hell do I need to "prove" it? Shouldn't they have records that show that they received two payments from me? I cannot believe they have the nerve to request personal, private documents from me because of their screw up. I am still waiting on the money to show back up in my account. I cannot believe the complete and total lack of consideration for the effect this has on me financially. $400 might not be a lot of money to be missing for some people but it is for me.

One positive note. I called them back after the first rep told me I needed to fax my bank statements. I was hoping for a different rep that would be willing to be a little more proactive. I ended up with a very nice lady who, upon placing me on hold, contacted their accounting department. She was able to verify with them that they did in fact receive two payments last month from me. She promised that the money would be refunded as soon as possible. I am hoping to receive it in the next 24-48 hours. I will follow up on this to let everyone know the result.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Oct, 2010 by   albudracr 0 Votes
Same situation with my loan. Normally my checking would have been $359.74 lighter on the 5th of the month. After finally getting through their automated system to a human being after several hours (expensive on a cell phone) I was told the same crap. Frustrated and fed up I PAID THE CAR OFF. Over $3000 had to be taken in two over the phone authorizations to clear out the loan. Did this on the 10th of September. Have the letters to prove it. Didn't receive the title in the mail until the 15th of October! Then on the 12th of September, they took ANOTHER $359.74 out of my checking! After the loan was PAID IN FULL!!! IDIOTS! Got the same run around about faxing in my bank statements. Did this, have yet to get even the slightest response. That was over two weeks ago. Good luck, I'll be calling them again this week to try to get this resolved, but I will NEVER do business with these jerks again!
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   royalt 0 Votes
Same situation here, never heard of these jerks before! I have to thank Citifinancial for screwing this up for me! These people double billed my account this month, and of course they need to see bank statements, they are so incompetent I am afraid to send in my bank statements because they might do something illegal with those! Of course I know the money is as good as gone, I'm just afraid they will do this again!
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   dgingeri 0 Votes
I had them take over my loan from HSBC in April of 2010. the first payment I made over their web page double billed me. I called them to try to work something out and either cancel or get a refund so I could get grocery money, and they were completely obstinate about it. They claimed that I had entered 2 payments of $500 each at both 5:08pm and 5:26pm. I asked them why would I schedule 2 payments within 18 minutes of each other for the exact same amount to be taken out the same day? They wouldn't hear anything else about it. I mentioned that I would contest the transaction with my bank, and she said "a bounced transaction can lead to repossession of your vehicle even if the payments are up to date, and it will incur an additional $350 charge for the bounced transaction." She basically said if I disputed the charge, they'd repossess my car. The woman actually hung up on my when I asked for a supervisor. The same thing happened again the following February (a week and a day ago as of this note) with a slightly smaller payment. They were exactly as obstinate about it the second time around.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and am filing a small claims suit for the overdraft fees they incurred. I'm also going to spread as many complaints about them in as many places as I can.
 25th of Nov, 2011 by   Hope Sorrows 0 Votes
I have been dealing with Santander's wrongful doing for three years and I even went as far as going to local news Fox 5 atlanta but they didn't want to say or do anything about it . So that it got to the point where I had my car packed for a trip out of town for a funeral with clothes and even had my cancer meds. in the car . Guess what happened they stole my car and now they are destroing my credit rating with their slander marks against me .I believe that they are owned by someone in a government office that is why they are still in bussiness with all the complaint's they have against them in almost every state in the usa . It's almost like the president himself ownes them he is the only person that has the power to overlook that many complaints . everyone was to join together and file a class a lawsuit against them would be the best thing to do at least it might get them exsposed for being the crooks they are.
 26th of Nov, 2011 by   annie lee /donald lee 0 Votes
i was wanting to check what all my ins cover acct num 8343109
 17th of Sep, 2012 by   jhadden 0 Votes
HSBC sold my car not to Santander. My original loan was finance for 6 years. The car should be paid off bu they have a balance of $6, 000 + dollars. I recently talked to one of their reps who told me that after the 10 day grace period they charge a daily late fee so that is why my balance is so high. He said to me that no one ever told you about this policy. THIS IS A RIP OFF AND FRAUD!!! At the most is should only be approximately $1, 000. They said all the car finance companies charge a daily fee. THIS IS NOT TURE. I never heard of this company so not I am trying to get this all straighten out with the help of my credit union. At this point, this car will never be paid off. I am so angry. I will also file a complaint with BBB, Consume Fraud and anyone else also. These people operate like loan sharks. jdh
 26th of Feb, 2014 by   jasmazzon 0 Votes
SANTANDER, THE BANK WITH A SYSTEMIC PROBLEM AND AN "WE DON'T GIVE A SH$%^ ATTIDUDE.

name- Santander Bank. Right away I started having problems with the bank under this name. Whether it was with a representative telling me that I had to wait 5 days to use cash put through an ATM at their own local branch or with the bank claiming that they had sent me a new card which they never did, the problems were constant.

The last problem involved using the new debit card that I had asked them to send me to replace the one that they claimed to have sent out.
I activated the card and transferred all my on-lines accounts such as amazon.com, google.com, ebay.com, macy.com, overstock.com and several other accounts to the new card. They insist that I had to start using the new activated card immediately, but when I started using it at local stores it was declined as either debit or credit.

I called them and explained the problem to them when a representative who was not sure that she had solved the problem, tells me that the card was declined because I had entered the pin incorrectly five times. Of course, that claimed was wrong and it is unbelievable that they have that information in their system when that never happened.

This bank will soon discovered one thing: A bad reputation as a banking institution can undo whatever positive history the bank had accumulated. Banking institutions are powerful, but they can not afford to be so careless in this age of the Internet where everyone has access information about a business' stupid and incompetent management.
 26th of Feb, 2014 by   jasmazzon 0 Votes
SANTANDER, THE BANK WITH A SYSTEMIC PROBLEM AND AN "WE DON'T GIVE A SH$%^ ATTITUDE.

My bank name was Sovereign Bank in Brooklyn, NY and one day I went into my local branch only to find out that it had acquired a different name- Santander Bank. Right away I started having problems with the bank under this name. Whether it was with a representative telling me that I had to wait 5 days to use cash deposited through an ATM at their own local branch or with the bank claiming that they had sent me a new card which they never did, the problems were constant.

The last problem involved using the new debit card that I had asked them to send me to replace the one that they claimed to have sent out to me. I activated the card and transferred all my on-lines accounts such as amazon.com, google.com, ebay.com, macy.com, overstock.com and several other accounts to the new card. They insisted that I had to start using the new activated card immediately, but when I started using it at local stores it was declined as either debit or credit.

I called them and explained the problem to them when a representative who was not sure that she had solved the problem, tells me that the card was declined because I had entered the pin incorrectly five times. Of course, that claim was wrong and it is unbelievable that they have that information in their system when that never happened.

This bank will soon discovered one thing: A bad reputation as a banking institution can undo whatever positive history the bank had accumulated. Banking institutions are powerful, but they can not afford to be so careless in this age of the Internet where everyone has access to information about a business' stupid and incompetent management.

Identity Theft Strikes 1 in 8 Adults