Sam's Club

Posted:

Do not purchase jewelry there

3.45
SAMS Club
I purchased a wedding band at Sam's Club 3 years ago and a diamond fell out. Their solution is for me to take it to a jeweler for repair. This conflicts with there online posted policies for returns. The customer service employees were rude, the store manger was rude, and their 800 number was rude and did not offer help. I have been a customer there since 2004 and spend thousands every year. But I have canceled my membership and will no longer purchase memberships as gifts as well. To sum it up, Sam's club lost $100k + (over a lifetime of purchases) by not following there own return policy.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

9th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
You can't return an item purchased 3 YEARS ago! Merchandise does not last forever. Sam's sells jewelry, they do not work on it! Just my opinion! Should have purchased the extended warranty perhaps?
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
DO NOT PURCHASE JEWELRY IN SAMS CLUB THEY LIE ABOUT THEIR POLLICY OF RETURNING AND UPGRADING YOUR JEWELRLY, WHEN YOU TRY TO RETURN JEWELRLY THEY SAY NO. WHICH IS NOT WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME WHEN I PURCHASED A 1500.00 RING . NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM PEOPLE THAT LIE. L.M.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Sams does nothing but lie to customers about their return pollicy.on jewelry. I am not happy with them I shoped for jewelry because of their policy to upgrade but when I returned to upgrade they told me I could not will not shop at sams ever again. they only care about themselvs and not the little people
 21st of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
I had the same experience, I purchased a ring and a stone fell out -- $2200 ring. They would not return it and pretty much stuck to that is our return policy. I have been a member for 16 years and have purchased many, many items there... not sure if I will be renewing.
 8th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
How can any one possibly hold sams club responsible for a loss stone in a diamond ring after wearing it for 3 years? It was obviously not defective when you purchased it. The owner of the ring is responsible for checking their ring to see if they broke a prong or their stone is loose before it disappears. However accidents do happen. That is why we have rider policies on our home or renters insurance policies. That is why Sams club offers extended warranties on jewelry. What store would take it back ?

Sam's Club Logo Sam's Club