logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Zoosk
the say free. and you cant reieve orsend emails
2. (1 mins ago)
Pay Day Loan Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sam's Club/First Data/Card Processing Srvcs, Richmond, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Expansion of earlier complaint

Sam's Club/First Data/Card Processing Srvcs Contacts & Informations

POB 34103 ; Zip 23234
Richmond, Virginia
Phone: 804.674.5593
AfricanAmericanTours.com
After many years of loyal patronage to Sam's Club, and many inducements to "upgrade" my Business Club Membership [which carries additional fees], my sales/products business inquiries and prospects supported the pursuit of charge card processing capabilities. Based upon Sam’s Club’s cheerleading, we went with their business partner, First Data. First Data sales made various representations, sent out paperwork, accessed and marked our credit status/record, processed our app, and quickly approved our App. Following approval of our App., First Data sent out a more expansive listing of provisions and conditions; replete with self-protecting literature it describes as "terms". The next business day following approval, and immediate dispatch of equipment, First Data arbitrarily and capriciously rescinded services, and never did provide any services of the type or nature agreed upon; i.e. wireless, etc. Since said rescision, First Data and First Data Global Leasing have been having a stealing good time debiting my account, for services it never did, nor had any intent to provide to us. Despite warnings they continue to treat our account as their own piggy bank, and refuse to respond to inquiries, or demands to cease and desist. It is clear that fraud is present, but Sam's Club is complicit, in as much as, they conspire with First Data to avail and expose their customers to First Data, whereafter First Data constructs a false marketing approach, provides penultimate information, gets customers to impart bank accounts information, and then without basis rescinds provision of the very services forming the crux of the agreement. We will not state further here, due to impending litigation. However it is important to note that Sam's Club cannot be dispensed as a culprit because it is they who fish for existing customers to draw into the parties’ money making scheme. This is a formal complaint addressing all participants in this orchestrated scam upon businesses. It is of additional note that their actions, irrespective of the self-protecting terms they have incorporated into their literature and terms, cause commercial and business related injuries that damage businesses, reputations, profits, credit worthiness, ratings, and other such essential requisites.
Comments United States Equipment Leasing & Financing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jan, 2011 by   Alice Blakemore 0 Votes
I am so glad y0u had this information available. Thank you, some of us sometimes thinks Sams Club, is on our side?
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   Tinytrinkits 0 Votes
BEWARE!!! Sam's club merchant service is the worst credit card processing company. They are not here to protect you! we used Sam's club merchant service for years and they use to be a good reliable service for our small business however for the past couple of years the Sam's club merchants were very sloppy and slow. It took the processors two months to notify us of charge-back and then on top of it they charged us additional fees. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM ARTIST!!! We are a small business and when a transaction was approved by one of their processors we went ahead and gave the merchandise to the customer. Over one month later we get a letter, NOT A PHONE CALL stated that it was fraud and that we have to pay the processing fess on top of that we were out on the merchandise. The worst thing of all is that this customer came in more than once. So they made out well. Inposter ID / Name on credit card matched so everything looked legit. SAM'S CLUB MERCHANT SERVICE HAS CHEAP RATES BECAUSE IN THE LONG RUN THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF!!!
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   mdgalt 0 Votes
I have to laugh at all of you that gripe about Sam's Club/Walmart. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

While Sam's Club/WMT was undercutting and destroying THOUSANDS of small locally owned businesses, you all just said, "who cares, it is cheaper". As local Mom&Pop biz went out of business, because you went to Sam's Club/WMT to save $0.50, you never once thought "what about service? "What about personal attention?" and when your cheap crap started breaking, Mom&Pop aren't around to fix it anymore.

Now Sam's gets into CC processing and rather than deal with a local rep, someone who gives your their cell phone in case of emergencies, someone who regularly checks up on you, someone that explains howS and whyS of a very complex business, you again decide to SAVE A FEW PENNIES. Now you are screaming on complaint boards about getting "poor service" when you are the one that went for "cheap rates" over personal service. Well you got what you paid for!!!

Me, I'd rather deal with a local guy who provides service after the sale even if it costs a few pennies more. My business does about $14, 000/month in Credit card sales. Do you really think I'd trust $14, 000/month to some voice on an 800# because they were cheaper????
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   manjulap 0 Votes
Sams Club Merchant services is still dipping into my account even after closing it three months earlier. Initially they claimed the account was not closed. Later closed it. Today they dipped $400 from my account. They have no explanation . Is there is a legal help out there ...any advice.
 23rd of May, 2012 by   pjaym 0 Votes
I could not agree with these terrible reviews more! This company LIES, lies, lies! They hide their fees and then do this "bait and switch" where they tell you half way through your contract that your equipment is outdated and you have to buy THEIR equipment for like $600! Hmmm..that is interesting since my new processing company is using the same machine without any problems or complaints! Customer service is a nightmare and rude beyond belief. Made me pay the cancellation fee--so it was basically a choice of paying them $600 or a fee of $90 to get out of the contract. Please don't use this company. There are much better corporations out there who are fair. I wish I had read more reviews. They really are that bad! I too am surprised they are still in business!
 4th of Sep, 2013 by   WSCS 0 Votes
First Data, like many big companies will promise you whatever it takes to make the sell. Please beware fellow small merchants. I trusted this company because of its association with Sams. But that was a big mistake. I wish I had read these reviews first. First Data lies, lies, lies!
 21st of Jul, 2014 by   dealerjim 0 Votes
Flat out FRAUD! Sam's Club offers a "One Rate" plan to sucker you in and they get you used to paying the flat rate monthly fee. Just when you think all is well, they move you into an interchange plus fee schedule without telling you which will increase your costs dramatically. They increased my rates by 6X without even a phone call to notify me of any changes. I had no idea until I received my monthly statement with a ridiculously inflated fee schedule compared to previous months. When I called the agent in charge of my account to get things straightened out, she informs me that they were losing money with the plan that I was on and that they had to put me on a more expensive plan to make up what they had lost. When I asked for an explanation about how she could unilaterally change my plan with out notifying me, she said she'd email me the new plan and then hung up on me. I will never use Sam's Club again, and will do everything in my power to inform anyone who might be thinking about using them about their bait & switch tactics. Do yourself a favor and take a pass on Sam's Club processing...

Infomercial Scams