logo

tyhermenlisahair
tyhermenlisahair
2. (14 mins ago)
Jdshoes Shopping
Seller didn’t communicate and no info about order
3. (16 mins ago)
Will not honor warranty

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sage Capital Recovery, Cherry Hill, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - shady/illegal collection practices

Sage Capital Recovery Contacts & Informations

Sage Capital Recovery

Posted:    Jose Madre

shady/illegal collection practices

Sage Capital Recovery
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
sagerecovery.net
Receive calls at work from this company for a credit card account for which I have repeatedly asked for verification since I have no record of signing up for or receiving a credit card from them. The caller is rude and keeps calling even after being told to not call me at work. He also left a message that they would seize the property of a non-existent company and force me into personal bankruptcy. I saved the voice mail for my attorney.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Feb, 2010 by   Jose Madre 0 Votes
The caller said that since the disputed account is a "commercial account" that he can call me anytime and anywhere. I have referred this to the FTC and to the California Attorney General. I prefer not to incur the expense of an attorney for something that is not my doing.
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   Regina Prentice 0 Votes
I am counsel for a (healthy - no TARP money) financial institution. It is factual that the process of collecting commercial debts are not protected by the same laws as consumer originated debts. However, I've found that requests for verification, although not required, are typically fulfilled as that is a logical step towards bringing the matter to resolution one way (voluntarily) or the other (involuntarily). I am curious...did they ignore the request completely, or just not give you everything you wanted? As it relates to my position with the bank, I am concerned with fair treatment and the protection of my company's interests. But irrespective to that, I also don't want to pay a higher interest rate on my credit cards simply because others are negligent in paying theirs. This in no way is an attempt to justify that agency not providing the requested information. However, from my experience with requests of this sort a good majority of them are an attempt to protract the collection process. But if you really didn't incur the debt, you really shouldn't have to pay it!!
 25th of May, 2010 by   JJen 0 Votes
Safe Capital Recovery is the shadiest company out there. They begin the call friendly and a first name basis so you are totally unaware of their tactics. They have threatened me and said that they don't believe me that I don't owe this debt. Ian Rothberg threatened to call me at least 10 times a day everyday until I paid. I have chose to not even answer the phone and let my answering machine screen calls. It is pretty bad when they intimidate and harrass you to no end. I am planning on report them!
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   A1 Communications 0 Votes
I too have had the experience from this company all were nice until came time to give me the settlement agreement paid in full letter with my final payment. Took partial payment than said to bad that is Ken Carpenter suppose to be the supervisor there. Advanta is a fool if they use them if they have such a jerk for super as the others two men I did things with were much more supervisor material. I could not call their extention due to Ken picking up and being rude as he could be. Please never do business with this man get a lawyer as he is no good person for sure.

I feel sorry for you but call the phone comapny and they can put the number in to stop you getting their calls
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   Boyce 0 Votes
I was also a member of Advanta, and now I'm dealing w/ Sage Capitol Recovery. I have paid them over $2000.00 in the past 5 months, and that doesn't seem to be enough. My balance was only $6000.00 to start. I sent another $100.00 via overnight only to be told that it was unacceptable. I'm gonna continue to send what I can, but thses people are relentless, and try to belittle you as much as they can. When they get done, they make a person feel like life isn't worth living anymore. This is about to start causing me health problems now. I wonder how they would feel if they know that they have caused people to get sick (literally), so that they can collect there money. I wish someone could step in and tell these folks that it helps alot when they are respectful to there debtors.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   Maxyz3 0 Votes
I recieved a phone call this morning from Jason Aubrey, he was very rude! I am not the person on the account they need to spaek with either.
I gave them my name..they varified my name is NOT with them listed but was told to contact the person they were calling for and to tell this person not to use my number as a contact number. i SAID I DO NOT GET PAID TO SHAG DOWN PEOPLE FOR THEM NEITHER CAN I CONTROL WHO USES MY NUMBER AS A CONTACT NUMBER!
oH.. THE BEST PART IS IS THAT i WAS TOLD i OWED THE BILL ! Are they NUTS !
Does anyone know who I can report them to?
 6th of May, 2014 by   Sue the jerk 0 Votes
Contact and file complaints with the FTC and the New Jersey Attorney Generals office. Also read the FDCPA law. You can take this company to LOCAL court if they keep contacting you after you notify them in writing to stop calling you at work and your cell. That means Sage Capitol has to hire and pay for Attorneys and show up in court in your local area. FDCPA Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is very easy to read and well defined. Trust me there are plenty of Attorney's in your areas who would take them to court on a We don't get paid if we don't win basis, So make sure all documentation is clear and precise. Always get advice from an Attorney before taking any action with this company...

Selling Your Phone For An Upgrade