SafeGuard America

Posted: 2013-07-01 by

Cromwell, Connecticut
Phone: 8008333211
Our alarm system installed by Safe Home Security on 9/21/2010 was faulty and would randomly set-off within the first (1st) month of service. At the time, I had three (3) daughters under the age of 4 years old and a husband that travelled a lot for business. Since security was a priority for my family, I called the company during the first (1st) week of October 2010 to advise them of the problems we were experiencing with the recently-installed alarm system. Further to the call, I was informed that a technician would be dispatched on 10/08/2010. No technician ever showed up.
On 10/11/2010, I called the company again and spoke to Ms. Zeena Miller of Safe Home Security Inc. to let her know that the technician that was scheduled to service our alarm system on 10/8/2010 never came. Ms. Miller apologized and told me that a technician would be dispatched on 10/12/2010 between 9AM and 1PM. For a second time, no technician ever came on that day either.
On 10/13/2010, I called Safe Home Security Inc. again. The dispatcher promised that a technician would be at my home that same day between 11AM and 12PM. Again, the technician never showed up.
Per Section 14. LIMITED WARRANTY of the enclosed contract: “Any part of the system installed under this agreement which proves to be defective in material or workmanship within three (3) months of the date of completion of the installation will be repaired or replaced with a new functionally operative part with no cost to the client for materials or labor. Service under this warranty is available by simply contacting the Company, 55 Sebethe Drive Suite 201 Cromwell, CT 06416 Tel 800-833-3211."
The contract was signed 9/21/2010 and I called for service SEVERAL times in October 2010 (Within the three (3) month period of Limited Warranty). I have records that a technician was scheduled to service the faulty alarm on 10/8/2010, 10/12/2010, and again on 10/13/2010. No technician EVER showed up.
According to my records, I called for service several times in October 2010 and wrote down in my notes that I specifically called on 10/11/2010, 10/12/2010, and 10/13/2010.
In addition, per Section 2. SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT of the signed Contract: "Company agrees to provide and client agrees to pay FOR SERVICE and/or Equipment as described below".
After several calls requesting service, no technician was ever dispatched to fix the defective alarm system. Following weeks of unreliable service and no attempts by the company to fix the alarm system that I paid for, I submitted a service cancellation request in writing and replaced my faulty alarm system with a new system provided by ADT Security Services.
To this day, Safe Home Security Inc. continues to charge me for services that they have not provided.
According to me, it is clear that Safe Home Security has failed to meet the terms of their contract and has failed to provide service on at least three (3) occasions as promised. The Company also refused to honor the Limited Warranty service within the coverage period of three (3) months from the date of installation.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Security Services
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us