logo

RIVERSIDE CPS
CPS IS A SCANDLE . THEY TAKE KIDS FOR JOB SECURITY
2. (26 mins ago)
Dunkin Donuts
dirt in cake donut dough
3. (29 mins ago)

Bait and Fraud

Linden, New Jersey
Phone: 1-877-644-7593
rythercamera.com
I placed an order of a Canon 5d MK 2 from Ryther Camera Package including a 24-105 mm Len and a variety of accessories. Ryther’s offer was very good. Lately a company representative called me and tried to upsell additional battery and warranties including international warranty. The person told me the battery came with the camera can just last for 30 min. That is extremely odd. I said NO to all of his offers, and he kept to change the price of his various offers to convince me to accept his offers. However, I said NO and emphasized that the camera will be returned if the package is not factory-sealed. He was also trying to sell me another method of shipping even though shipping was marked as free in the beginning. Then, they never sent me further informationa about the shiipping, but updated my account in their company web indicating the products were "sent out to be shipped". Now, almost 10 business days have been passed, I have not received the products. I contacted them twice through email, and requested a copy of the shipping proof. They do not response to my requests so far. I doubt that they have ever shipped anything of the products I ordered 12 days ago.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Mar, 2012 by   Grant64 +1 Votes
This is the follow up of the complaint I submitted on March 2, 2012. Till now (6:40 pm, March 7, 2012, 18 days after my placement of the order), I have not received anything I ordered from Ryther Camera. Also, I have not received anything from Ryther Camera in response to my requests sent to their Customer Service that asked a copy of the shipping information. It makes me believe that they have not send anything ever. Their free shipping service may be used for their fraud. I will definitely take actions to get my money back.
 28th of Mar, 2012 by   Rythercamera -1 Votes
Hi, this is the manager for customer service for rythercamera.com - I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please call me directly at 877-644-7593 x.102 and ask for Tom. You can also call Bart, my assistant at x. 108. We will look into this matter promptly and provide a quick resolution.

Rather camera.com
 16th of May, 2012 by   Ian Montgomery +1 Votes
I had a similar extremely bad experience using Ryther Camera. After ordering my camera, someone rang me extremely early in the morning and before I knew it I had spent money on essentially nothing. I was promised a 5 year warranty and I got 3 years, I kept getting told "oh yes but I have upgraded you to this or that, when I didnt want it and no matter how many times I said no, the price just kept going up until I apparently agreed. Good salesman, from the company's point of view yes but I will NEVER do business with them again. When I rang back to question what it was I actually bought (when I was awake) I was treated like the biggest headache and like I was an idiot for questioning the sales person. Then when I followed up with customer service, all I asked for was an itemized invoice, because nothing had prices on it. I got one phone call, that I couldnt answer but have emailed several times simply asking for an itemized invoice, no reply, no reply no reply.
Well good job Ryther camera, you got my money and you got to treat another customer like some insignificant fool. I will now proceed to write on every forum I can find and tell every person in my industry to NEVER do business with your company.

Ian Montgomery
 7th of Jun, 2012 by   Karel Raul +1 Votes
I had a similar problem a few months ago. I ordered a Canon 7D and their salesman said the SAME thing about the battery. That it only "lasts" 30 minutes. That is a scam. They are just trying to sell you another battery (same one the camera brings). I declined all offers and warranties.

The real catch is, I decided to exchange the Canon 7D for the Nikon D7000 within 2 days of having it. I packed it back up nicely, safely and I shipped it back to them. I later received the D7000 from them just fine...BUT...when they received the 7D I returned to them they said that it was in "very bad shape" which was a COMPLETE and ABSOLUTE lie. After complaining about those false allegations, filing a complaint with BBB, and speaking with their manager...all of a sudden, it's like they NEVER mentioned the returned camera being in "Bad" shape and they refunded me difference. They said it was a "mistake"

That was the FIRST, ONLY, and LAST time I deal with Ryther Camera. Even if I see their prices are a little less than other stores, I will NEVER buy from them again.
 9th of Jul, 2012 by   mysteria54 +1 Votes
Yeah these guys are no good. They didn't ship my camera till the day we've finally had it over here yelling over the phone if we're gonna see a camera or not since they charged us prices that didn't show up on our receipts but they suddenly produced evidence of additional charges to our credit card company. They put us through a lot of pain and hurt, and we still are wondering how they can get away with scamming, charging hidden fees, and have people still COMPLAIN bu still be in business? - RytherCamera is NOT worth anyone's time or suffering. Please people, I urge you never to deal with these guys. Ever.
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   jtwg50 +1 Votes
Yeah, I had a similarly bad experience two days ago buying a Canon 7D. They tried to sell me a Japanese model with no US warranty and then when I insisted on a legitimate US camera, they upcharged me $225. Fortunately, I was able to contact my bank and cancel the card transaction and I am now reporting them to the Attorney General of New Jersey for bait and switch, which is a crime. I am a national-media buisness journalist, who ironically enough writes about customer service, and it is now my intention to try to put these fraud artists out of business and into jail where they belong.
 2nd of Nov, 2012 by   HAB-COURT +1 Votes
I had a similar experience as well. After placing an order for a Nikon camera body at a very reasonable price I received a phone call from a salesman trying to sell me a lens, warranty and other gadgets to upgrade my camera. I said no and he was very persistent and irritated that I would not buying anything else. He told me I was getting a good deal on the camera body and the deal can not be completed without the upgrade kit. I canceled the order and will never do business with these sharks again.
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   rcefalu 0 Votes
On 11/30/2012, I placed an order for a Nikon D600, a Nikon 28-300mm lens, and a Nikon flash that totaled $3177.90. That included $89 additional dollars for 3 day air shipping. I immediately received a confirmation in my email of the order. I waited a week and then I sent an email on Friday, 12/7/2012 asking if my order had been shipped, but I received no response. I then called Customer Service on Monday, 12/10/2012 to see what was going on with my order. At that point, I was informed of the whole "import" camera situation with the non-standard battery and warranty, and that I could get the USA model for an extra charge. Oddly enough, the website specifically stated (in the What's in the Box section and pop-up) that the camera I ordered came with the Nikon listed battery and quick charger. After I suggested fixing the error on the website, the sales rep communicated that to their web guy, who corrected the website to show the generic battery and charger. However, the specifications on the site for the camera still specify that the D600 comes with the EN-EL15 battery and quick charger, and even though it now states that it is an "import" model. Regardless, of that, I wanted the USA model and was willing to pay extra to have it. I also was somehow persuaded into buying the additional warranty for another $199. In all, my order went from $3177.90 to $3549.00, a difference of $371.10. I wasn't that incredibly easy to sucker in though, because I got them to throw in a 7 year warranty on my lens, UV filter, and a tripod, which their website listed as $150. My order was finally processed on 12/10/2012 and I just received everything tonight, 12/14/2012. While I did get the camera, lens, and flash I expected, I have to say that UV filter is cheapy and the tripod is the flimsiest I've ever seen. I don't think it would hold a point and shoot. To add insult to injury, the day after my order finally processed, I saw several other sites offering their Christmas sale prices for USA cameras and lenses. I added the products I bought to a cart from 42nd Street Camera and it was $400 cheaper! I went back to Ryther Camera's site and they had already dropped the price on their D600 by another $100, and have since dropped another $100! I emailed Victor, who is an owner or something, and told him exactly what had happened on 12/11/2012, and asked him to make it right, but I have not heard back from him.
I guess I should have known better when I noticed that they were selling unbranded 8GB SD cards for for $80, when the top of the line SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB are going for $40 elsewhere, the wireless adapter to go with the D600 is selling on Ryther for $129 while it's $60 anywhere else, and the Nikon battery is selling for $109 on Ryther when it is listed at Nikon for $72 and can be found cheaper on various online stores.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   ncyankee 0 Votes
I ordered my camera and lens on January 30th. Got an email to call them to verify my order, but that turned out to be a bait and switch/ sell up ploy. I didn't go for any of it. "My order has been (Sent Out To Be Shipped) for two weeks. No tracking number, as promised. As a former store manager myself, I know you have a tracking number as soon as a shipping label is generated. This tells me that my order has not been sent out to be shipped, yet they have my money. Do they actually have my order, or do they take my funds then order the item, wait to receive it then ship it out? I guess I'll call Victor.

After calling and speaking with Michael (a store manager ?), this is the Email I received:

THIS AN UNBREAKABLE PROMISE THAT WE WILL DELIVER YOUR PACKAGE ON THUR /FRI NO LATER 21ST 22ND. THIS IS CONFIRMED & CAN BE USED AGAINST US.

Thank you and please feel free to call or email me anytime.
Any questions, please email or call me.

Victor
Phone: 1-877-644-7593 x.102
International: 1-908-290-0242
Fax Number: 1-908-933-0941

Contact Information from BBB Jew Jersey
Customer Contact: Mr. Victor J. Hanson, Director
Principal: Mr. Thakoor Jaikaran, Owner

I will update this review on the 22nd."
 6th of Sep, 2013 by   Robert Frump +1 Votes
Be very wary of Ryther Camera. I received an "upwell" call and was sold a new USA warranty Canon 7D. Instead, at new price, I got refurbished 7D with 90 day warranty. Call to customer service promised new camera and new warranty. Nothing now for several days. Calls and emails produce nothing.
 18th of Nov, 2013 by   smelassal +1 Votes
Beware of False advertising and double talk.
Company boasts they match price all over the internet, but you are out of luck if that price is lower than what they want to do.
Even when the company they are matching is a nationwide company.
Second, they do not return calls in a timely manner if at all.
I have read many complaints and it seems I was lucky to realize before buying that they switch foreign and domestic items of same model #
Beware!!!