logo

Forlan Wilson
scam of package
3. (6 mins ago)
Stickershoppe.com
I will never shop there again and encourage you to shop from other sticker shops that will not insult your intelligence
4. (12 mins ago)

Ryland Homes

Posted:    Grs

Major issues

Ryland Homes
I live in a Ryland condominium building. It was built in 2005 and has had major water issues since it was built. Several sprinkler pipes have burst causing major damage to several units. Many residents have had to move out multiple times for extensive repiar work just to have the same thing happen again.

In addition to the sprinkler piping, the roof has had many problems with leaking. It has always leaked leading to the development of major mold problems on the upper floors.

The entire building has been ridden with water issues since it was built. Ryland Homes has yet to fix these problems adequately and it has been 5 years.
Comments United States Plumbing Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Apr, 2011 by   P Stach 0 Votes
We live in a Ryland home. The Windsor, we also have several friends that own the same model their is leaking at the back door, the entry way at the back door and into the back bathroom. This seems to be a common issue. Ryland will not cover it and makes you feel like you are the only person who has this problem. When in fact several other homes in the same model have it.It doesnt seem fair that we have to pay the repairs when Ryland knows of the issue. Why cant there be a law that home owners have to fix homes when a problem comes us like auto makers.
 16th of May, 2012 by   D.E. 0 Votes
Well...where should I start...Ryland Sucks...my doors were not hung correctly...not a single shim and the doors aren't square...the roof...stapled by laborers who didn't know crap about roofing...light weight felt and staples...adjuster pointed out that the staple job was not done properly...I can't imagine that cause it took them a whole two hours to do it...whew!!! I was such an idiot for buying from Ryland...there homes are crap...Phase 1 Windmill Farms in Forney, Texas
 18th of Jul, 2012 by   MZ_SanAntonio 0 Votes
After hearing what others have to say, I guess we should be happy that we cancelled our deal with Ryland before actually building with them. Now we're just waiting...and waiting for the return of our Earnest money. Our build out was contingent upon the sale of another home; since it hasn't sold yet we decided not to build with Ryland at this time. However, after reading the comments above, we will choose another builder!
 7th of Mar, 2013 by   jterrell 0 Votes
i have a different model but same leaking issues through a fixed door even had ryland contractor tell me its a faulty design yet ryland will not warranty ins says builder defect and will not cover it not to mention the fact that i have a tub that was damaged before purchase but conveniently hidden with a temporary style repair that was like a thin coat of white fingernail polish this was also done to a shower base and my neighbor has had tile issues 3 times and a leaking wall with severe mold issues
 28th of Mar, 2014 by   Shocking unprofessionalism 0 Votes
Major issues with my Ryland Built home 317-426-8281 Call me if you have any ideas for legal recourse.
 6th of May, 2014 by   Larry Norris 0 Votes
Had many problems with a new home built by Ryland. The day you close is the last day you hear from them.Water leaks and mold problems seem to be their middle name, but what is really sad and non professional is the way the treat you after you close. I feel sorry for future customers.

5 Great Tips How to Save on Entertainment